Blue Plate Diner
10145 - 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0Z9Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Blue Plate Diner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blueplatediner.ca/
- Phone: (780) 429-0740
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Duane Hicks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our open-floor concept makes it easy for your large group to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the Blue Plate.
- Private Party Contact: John Williams 8889241390
A word from Blue Plate Diner
Located in the heart of the Warehouse District in downtown Edmonton, the Blue Plate Diner is open for lunch, dinner and also for brunch on weekends. We only serve real food made by real people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Plate Diner - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Blue Plate Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (79)great for lunch (69)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (43)great for brunch (20)hot spot (19)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (14)special occasion (13)late-night find (12)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014The food was good, the service was friendly, the issue was not receiving all 4 meals at the same time. My husband and I received ours, then another came out and a few minutes after that the last meal came out. It was much the same with desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillSDined on 11/19/2014Great lunch spot with coworkers and we will definately be back!Special Features:
- patconDined on 11/15/2014Service was very friendly. Everyone enjoyed their appies and entrees. Very nice night out.Special Features:
- Glad I found this little gemBlueplatehappyDined on 11/14/2014The food here is fantastic. The service was amazing. Everyone was friendly. The atmosphere here is quirky. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKpddfbwDined on 11/11/2014Service was good and our server was very friendly. Food was just OK. My chicken dinner, which cost $23, was really dry. The veggies that came with it were just some cut up pieces of Red and Green Pepper. Their mashed potatoes were fantastic! I thought the priceswere high for what we got. My daughters, who are both vegetarians, really like it here, though. Lots of choices for them on the menu, but I probaby would not go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1diningdiva1diningdivaDined on 11/7/2014My kind of dining place. Will go back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!FaregameDined on 11/5/2014Have been several times and have never been disappointed with the food. My lunch buddy ordered the Mac and Cheese Spring Rolls - I was not sure what to expect, but they were delish. Would have those again in a heartbeat. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTobyEdmontonDined on 11/4/2014I hadn't been to Blue Plate since i retired from the downtown work scene 4 years ago. My recent return trip was most enjoyable. I found my old favourite 'blue plate' specials still on the menu PLUS some new and interesting item. Service was great - attentive but not overbearing. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Great FoodfoodloverDined on 10/31/2014Really enjoyed the food and the experience was overall really nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/31/2014Too noisy!!!! Change the noise level and your business will go up!!!Special Features:
- Just plain Great2veggiesDined on 10/28/2014We really enjoyed our dinner experience. As veggies, we very much appreciate a variety of veg food...and when it's that good it makes the whole thing that much better. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the TastesJoyfulDined on 10/26/2014Select your dinner from a list of tempting options. Trying to eat more healthy? Try their vegetarian options. Or enjoy a meat dish with a flavourful twist. Pair with craft beer, lively conversation with friends and you have a splendid gathering place. Need anything? Just ask the helpful efficient server. Have fun!Special Features:
- DisappointedluvgoodfoodDined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and all 3 of us were disappointed with our food. The beer can chicken was dry, dijon mashed potatoes dry, salmon dry, pork chop dry. We had heard good things but will not be back.
- Time is valuableMojoDined on 10/21/2014one of our group of four had a time restraint that Blue Plate Diner graciously accommodated. They declined our preorder however rushed our order so our guest did not have to rush. The service was much appreciated.Special Features:
- Great Lunch placeLivinganAdventureDined on 10/17/2014I took a small group of my staff out for lunch and we were all pleasantly surprised with the food. The portions were large (almost too large, but too good to be left behind!) and the price point pretty reasonable. Service was friendly and quick. We will probably go back.Special Features:
- Home Cookin' Plus!DocHawkDined on 10/15/2014I said to my dinner companion that I was amazed at the combination of really good solid home cooking on the one hand, and excellent chef skills on the other. One expects that an excellent chef would dedicate him- or herself to a menu more typical of a fancy restaurant with a fancy menu. But for a skilled and imaginative chef to dedicate him- or herself to selections like meat loaf, and macaroni and cheese, and shephard's pie, etc., is very welcome and much appreciated. The Blue Plate food is excellent, reasonably priced, and reminiscent of at-home meals, but far exceeds at-home meals due to chefs' imagination, inventiveness, risk-taking, and great skill with ingredients, seasonings, and plate presentation. We loved it, and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere with Great TasteCmewinDined on 10/15/2014Went there for lunch for the first time. The waitress was very attentive, and our food was excellent. We had the Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon, which was just the right size, and as good or better then you can make for yourself at home; very creamy. very well spaced out and well decorated and eclectic inside. Was a little noisy, but it was lunch rush downtown. There are a lot of choices on the menu. Will definitely stop by for dinner sometime as well.Special Features:
- FoodfrogDined on 10/14/2014Excellent place for a team lunch, variety and great veggie alternatives, for non-meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and good food.GwildemanDined on 10/9/2014Came here for lunch on a Thursday. Really busy place. You'll need a reservation. Food was fast and good. Going rate for cost. Fun atmosphere. Sure I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner at the Blue Plate1diningdivaDined on 10/9/2014I had reserved lunch for three. That was my first time there. I was impressed immediately with the ambiance and the smiling faces of the staff. Felt really welcomed. Menu is selective and the food we ordered was great! Great place for anyone in the vicinity that wants to try kind of a funky place. We sat at a table that came from the 50's and I know this because we had one just like it at the farm in our kitchen back in the 50s. Definitely worth trying. Prices are reasonable as well.Special Features:
- AuntiemimmiDined on 10/7/2014Service, food and ambience was great. It was a bit noisy.Special Features:
- very tastydeedsDined on 9/30/2014We both loved our meals . very mouthful was delicious . Will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch - Sept. 30DLandRLDined on 9/30/2014Lunch for a party of four - good lunch menu selection, excellent service, tasty and nicely presented food. Have been to the Blue Plate Diner many times - have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Lots of Vegetarian OptionsYEGfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Blue Plate is a staple for us before evening events. The atmosphere is eclectic, and the food service is usually very speedy. There are lots of vegetarian options on the menu and the prices are good for the amount of food on the plates. We like that they stock local beers and their wine list (though small) is mostly from DeVine Wines so there are always decent bottles available.Special Features:
- Tried something differentReviewManVIPDined on 9/24/2014I tried the mac 'n cheese rolls and they were better than I expected. I followed it with shepherd's pie which was okay. The IPA was nice, and the mojito was below average.Special Features:
- ok food with expensive price tagOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014If you were looking for a list of gourmet food, this place will never wow you. Their food is sub par. They overcook meat... Fried rice special for 16 that is not any better than what you can get from Chinatown for less than 10.. Hum.. But due to the proximity to my work, we sometimes chose this location for our occasional lunch. They are lucky that they are on 104st.Special Features:
- Interesting but the food was poorwhitestarDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit. We were seated promptly and we really enjoyed the decor. We were surprised at how noisy the restaurant was and we had difficulty hearing each other. I would probably return when in a more festive modd - as we didn't know what to expect. Our food, considering the price, was not very good. My pork chop was overcooked and dry. My husband felt his food was just adequate. We believe in second chances, so we will probably give it a second go someday. Hopefully the food will be much better.
- Excellent, try the bison burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I only wish I had read the menu more carefully and realized they put mustard on the burgers by default. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerntbarclayVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went here for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. I had the special (Lasagna Blanca) and my husband had the Meatloaf and we were both very happy with our choices. Service was prompt and our waitress and the servers were friendly. I did see that the drinks had 2oz, but even knowing that, they were STRONG. The only improvement I could suggest would be to change to a hi-ball glass so that they aren't so potent. It was more like drinking a diluted shot. :-) Overall experience was wonderful though and we will most definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very good!frequentdinerDined on 9/6/2014Love the feel of this restaurant. Our meals were massive and delicious. Our server was distracted and a bit all-over-the-place which detracted from the experience a bit. Overall, it was a very good experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvveganDined on 9/4/2014I follow a plant based 'diet' so appreciate that there are a couple of items on your menu that work for me. Also, the service was great. I find the noise level is a little high for me at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014This place was good, their menu was different then the one online, and there was no one else in the resturant so it was very quiet. Some place I would go if there was nothing else really availableSpecial Features:
- OutboundDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food. While not an extensive menu, there is enough variety and true uniqueness to please everyone. Our server, Richard (the mad squirrel) was on top of our needs despite the many patrons at the restaurant. We will be going back to try other dishes and the lunch period to have fun again.Special Features:
- Love this little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food is always very good, love the interior. Small but different beer list, same for the wine list. -:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy comfort foodhappydinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Super friendly, helpful service! Knew the menu and was able to make great recommendations. Loved the casual retro atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.FredDined on 8/23/2014This was my second visit. I had been for lunch before, this time for dinner. It was our first supper together and was quiet enogh that we could talk to each other easily, but noisy enough that we were not entertaining others! The food did not disappoint! We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBanditkbDined on 8/21/2014Food is wonderful, shepards pie is to die for Very enjoyable lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always COming BAckPynchieDined on 8/15/2014The Blue Plate is one of our favourites. Whether it is for brunch or for dinner, it is a great place to take in any meal.Special Features:
- Not as good as I hopedFoodRaverDined on 8/15/2014This is our second time to The Blue Plate Diner. I really like the decor and the 'feel' of this restaurant. Unfortunately, both visits left me slightly disappointed. There are so any positive reviews and I really wanted to be one of them! We had dinner there this visit. I ordered the chicken and my husband ordered the pasta with chicken. His meal was very good but cold. My chicken was good, I really like the flavour of the BBQ sauce. I wish it was in a little side dish do you could dip your chicken in it. The roasted potatoes were obviously roasted quite a long time earlier so they were dry and shrunken. The veggies were crisp but cold. The pecan pie was good. Our server was friendly, sweet and made us smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great local foods, fun ambiance, great to have a place downtown that's kid friendlySpecial Features: