48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd 48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blueplateavon.com/
- Phone: 9708452252x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner Service 7 days a week and lunch service Monday- Friday
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Roustom
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have something special in mind, we'll be happy to appease. Choose off our vast menu or make your own. We offer catering for any event.
- Private Party Facilities: Individual dining rooms provide the opportunity for intimate moments amongst friends and family. Our beautiful dining rooms feature living walls and can seat up to 35 or 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elli Roustom 9708452252x
- Cross Street: HWY 6
- Public Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground or above ground, free parking is available.
A word from Blue Plate
The Blue Plate is an American restaurant situated just below Beaver Creek in Avon, Colorado. Serving up Schnitzel, All natural Colorado beef & lamb, The Blue Plate is sure to impress...Continued
Happy Hour daily 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm in the bar features $6 Ketel one martinis & specialty cocktails, $3 drafts, and a Tapas Menu of small bites from $4-$9.
Happy Hour daily 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm in the bar features $6 Ketel one martinis & specialty cocktails, $3 drafts, and a Tapas Menu of small bites from $4-$9.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Blue Plate - Best Restaurants in Avon ›
Blue Plate reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant in the areaJb11Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner was great. They honored our reservation right away, even though we were early and they were busy. Our waiter, Alex, was a gem, and added to the great atmosphere. He suggestions, and expertise let to an even better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've lived in the Mission for over 20 years. Blue Plate consistently, since it's opening, has proved to be a treasure. It somehow manages to serve comfort food (meatloaf and mac and cheese) raised to glorious heights along with seasonal dishes that surprise and delight. Amazingly my diverse group of friends with special food needs can all be happy at Blue Plate. And the staff is wonderful. I love this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Another Good MealSkierDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Blue Plate numerous times and have always had good food. Service can sometimes be a little slow however.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantSylviVIPDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful food service and atmosphere. The Vail Valley band added to the enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Plate offers great foodRaymanDined on 7/14/2014the food was great but a service was a bit slow. The seating area outside is great if the weather cooperates.Special Features:
- DisappointedRTR17Dined on 7/12/2014I had heard good things about Blue Plate and my dinner partner is from Avon and had eaten there several times before. We were both very disappointed. We had Trout and Pork Schnitzel. Entrees were OK, but nothging special - same quality as at a diner. The side dishes for the Scnitzel were lame - some leafs of ice berg lettuce and not so tasty potatoes. We were served our meal within 5 minutes of ordering - tells me it was already pre-prepared and then warmed. Not worth the money!
- Locals favoriteKennethDined on 6/18/2014this place is always and has an interest in variety throughout the scenesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent overall. Look forward to returning on next trip to Avon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Plate ReviewPperk001Dined on 6/3/2014Dining at the Blue Plate is a delight for the taste buds. The cheese fondue appetizer will keep you coming back for more. The wine list is incredible and the steaks are cooked to perfection. You must try the pop overs for dessert as well. Awesome! A great place to enjoy delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the Blue Plate reviews archive.
- Fabulous Avon findAttitoddDined on 4/25/2014It's so wonderful to find a place in the Valley without an enormous price tag! The food was excellent, the wine list adequate and the service delightful! Thank you!Special Features:
- While the food was excellent,DEDinersVIPDined on 3/25/2014While the food was excellent, our service was poor. When we arrived, we were one of three tables seated. The restaurant did fill up and then we were ignored. We ordered an appetizer that never came. We had to remind our waiter of this. He checked and then realized that our dinner was coming out in 5 minutes. He did comp us a dessert. However, we were still ignored. Drinks were left empty and rarely did he come over to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give Blue Plate a shotrobmac2811Dined on 3/24/2014Folks, this place was awesome! We had the shoulder tenderloin and man was it good. The salads were delicious and desserts were also very good. Service was spot on. Wine list was so-so but they did have one of favorite wines, Freemark Abbey at a very reasonable price. Our waiter Robert was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeBobADined on 3/22/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience. The food was fantastic and the wine list combined very good choices with very reasonable prices. The service was prompt, considerate and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob was our server, he diddopieDined on 3/21/2014Rob was our server, he did a fantastic job. I was with my grandson and we both enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experience.TeddVIPDined on 3/11/2014Another wonderful experience. If you are in Avon, do not miss this place.Special Features:
- Service started out well butHorstDined on 3/10/2014Service started out well but slowed down at the endSpecial Features:
- Dinner after skiing.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2014Good food, prepared well, with good service. Ample/large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have visited five times overAvonvisitorDined on 2/23/2014Have visited five times over the past 3years and enjoyed every meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully reliable and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great parking......or an easy walk in Avon. Always feel so welcomed, owners,servers and all staff make the dining a relaxed evening. Food beautifully presented and delicious........great wine. Why go anywhere else..PS. REASONABLY PRICEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at the Blue PlateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014My daughter and I sat at the kitchen bar and spent a lot of time talking to the chef and eating what he recommended. The cocktails were great, the mussels were memorable (we almost had a second order), the korean short ribs, hummus and bison were all fabulous. We had previously been there in the summer for their roast beef night, and were not greatly impressed, so this was a wonderful surprise. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food and atmosphere was good. Service was really poor, my steak was very under cooked and server never returned to check on it, I had to get up after 10 minutes and get manager to have it put back on. My wife was done eating before my food even came out, the restaurant didn't offer to comp my dinner or even buy my beer.
- Valentine's Dayslufin2007Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Blue Plate for Valentine's Day dinner and had a great experience. The hostess was not the friendliest, but wasn't rude by any means...just seemed to go through the motions. We were seated immediately and greeted instantly by our server. She was very nice and took our drink orders immediately. My wife ordered the meatloaf and I had the sirloin. While she liked her entree, it was just ok. The steak was cooked perfectly and one of the best I've had. Though a bit pricey for what we got (as are most restaurants in or near Beaver Creek), we had a good time and ultimately enjoyed Blue Plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodjaydeejayVIPDined on 2/4/2014Went here for the first time when we were in the Beaver Creek area. The food is good; but not pretentious. I had the pork schnitzel which was one of the specialties. It was served in the traditional way with potato salad and a green salad. It was absolutely delicious. My husband had the meatloaf that was a combination if sausage and beef. He found it to be a bit dry but very flavorful. One son had the crispy duck, which was excellent. Our other son had the Korean surf and turf special which was bacon wrapped shrimp, short ribs, with homemade kimchi; it sounds unusual, but he thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server was very helpful and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool you.KatieVIPDined on 2/1/2014Blue Plate usually conjures up a diner feeling but this combination of Syrian/ Austrian food is anything but! Great and interesting food, wines and beer choices, daily specials and an easy going atmosphere make it the best choice in Avon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average!RebekaVIPDined on 1/31/2014As with most other restaurants in the area, the food is overpriced for just average food. However, the service was definitely below average. There were way too many servers bringing items to the table and overwhelming the small table without taking any dirty items off. The server forgot the soup order. When reminded he apologized and the soup made it out after the entree and it was the wrong soup! My filet was cooked perfectly though and it was good. Would I go back? Naaa. I'll skip it next time. To me, service is as important as the food because it is all part of the dining experience.
- AWESOME!!!!jpg1930VIPDined on 1/19/2014Best schnitzel I have ever had. Everything from the fondue to the shnitzel to the dessert couldn't have been better. Great food in the mountains...what a find!Special Features:
- Beaver Creek FavoriteReviewer2Dined on 1/16/2014We try to eat at the Blue Plate at least once every week we are in town. Personal favorites are the schnitzel, trout, and chateaubriand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2014Snowy night and was in walking distance from our hotel. Very happy we found it! The staff from owner on down were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, melt in your mouth filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lameslamDined on 1/2/2014Although the appetizers were decent, the main courses were not. The steak special, blue cheese encrusted strip, was tough and inedible. The plating of the dishes was not creative. The filet mignon was served on a pile of french fries, no presentation, and not very tender. the accompanying sauce was mediocre. I get much better quality meat from Costco. A year ago we tried to come to this restaurant, but it was not possible because it was so popular. Now it was half full during busy season, and almost empty by 7:30. We know why. We would not recommend this place to anyone. Overpriced, poor quality. Not up to par with the restaurants in this area.Special Features:
- Food was poorweluvsteakVIPDined on 12/30/2013Food was consistently poor - starters and main courses. Duck was way overcooked and schnitzel was worst we have ever tasted (incredibly chewy). It was all so bad that was useless to complain (we would have had to send everything back).
- Great food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013The food here is amazing--every part of our meal was spectacular. However after our entrees were served our waiter disappeared for the rest of the meal until he brought our check--our waters were left empty for long stretches and our plates had been gone for about 20 minutes before the manager ended up taking our dessert order. Those deserts took another 20 minutes to arrive. They were delicious but we were really ready to try and leave by the time they showed up. The restaurant did become much more crowded as we dined (our reservation was 5:30) but there is no excuse for forgetting about customers. One final problem was that they did not accept American Express-- and our waiter was totally unapologetic about that when rejecting my card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonable pricekaxbergDined on 12/26/2013Party of five. Very nice atmosphere. Fondue appetizer was fun. Chilli. Fish and steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good experienceJonbonVIPDined on 10/22/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Blue Plate. Especially enjoyed the onion soup and Tempura artichoke heart appetizer. Will DEFINITLY return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been visiting AvonJfredDined on 10/4/2013We have been visiting Avon for several years and have always heard about this restaurant so we decided to give it a try. Great experience!! The best food in Avon, everything freshly prepared. Try the cheese fondue!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Homemade Bread and FonduenutmegmamaDined on 9/15/2013We chose this restaurant because we weren't terribly hungry and we wanted something light. The fresh homemade bread was the highlight of the meal - it was the BEST! We ordered the cheese fondue with apples and bread, which was fine, but nothing special. Next, we had the Onion Soup and Caesar Salad, both which were good and fresh. The chocolate fondue for dessert included some fresh fruit and pound cake. Overall, the food was pretty good and I think the portions were appropriate for what we paid. The service was just ok - there is definitely room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Blue Plate withChrisVIPDined on 9/1/2013We went to Blue Plate with high expectations and sat out on the patio. The service was slow and the food was mediocre. It is on the higher priced side, so we were disappointed in the quality. We ordered the meat loaf, which is a pretty basic entrée but it was bland and dry. We also ordered cheesecake and strudel and were disappointed by both. The one highlight was a well made Manhattan. Outside of the cocktail, the dinner was disappointing.
- I ordered the trout and itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2013I ordered the trout and it was bland. Served with bitter water cress and a tasteless yellow tomato all for $25. Not worth it! My husband ordered the veal and didn't think it was very tender. We will not go back.
- What took us so long...jeanniekVIPDined on 8/8/2013to try Blue Plate? Maybe the name was not 'hip' enough. Glad we got past that! The service was friendly, professional & prompt. The food was wonderful. There is a wonderful patio to use in good weather.Special Features:
- Blue Plate is Wonderful!JEMLAWDined on 7/27/2013We frequent the Blue Plate, first going there when it was in Christy's Lodge. The Meat Loaf is a favorite. Wine selection is incredible. Service was slow this time as a rain storm had them slammed when everyone arrived at once. But with good friends that was not a problem. The frog legs were bland without the excellent sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in the Valley!2todineVIPDined on 7/15/2013We love this place! The move last year to the new location has been a great thing! The owners (chef/hostess with the mostest) run a a great venue. On our recent visit to the Valley we dined there twice...once outdoors (almost more than I could stand not to pick the fresh tomatoes in the planter boxes) and the other indoors. The fresh bread is wonderful ....the tempura artichokes a must...from a party of 6 all were thrilled with their choices....the steaks are excellent , the schnitzel cooked perfectly, roasted chicken good, choices for the kids great! Not Spagos but a great restaurant for very good food and service!!! Try it you won't be disappointed! Good wine list and good cocktails!!!!!Special Features: