35 Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemoonrehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022276515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lion Gardner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Consistently named one of the best restaurants in the state of Delaware we offer the same attention to quality and details for your next function.
- Entertainment: We offer year round entertainment in our Atrium Lounge. Please check our website for the latest news & entertainment schedules.
A word from Blue Moon
Situated in an elegant Victorian beach house, The Blue Moon is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in the region. Our award winning menu focuses on quality -the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks & local ingredients. Our professional service staff provides an unparalleled experience. We are pleased to showcase over 100 carefully selected wines & many by the glass options as well as wonderfully crafted martinis & specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Moon - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Blue Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (259)special occasion (222)romantic (166)neighborhood gem (163)vibrant bar scene (136)hot spot (115)notable wine list (87)great for brunch (61)good for groups (33)late-night find (31)great for lunch (8)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Another Perfect EveningmikeDined on 10/26/2014This is our 6th experience at the Blue Moon. It is hard to imagine that each time the quality of the food and the service gets better and better. This was a special occasion for us and we were not disappointed. All of our appetizers were excellent and the entree's were cooked to perfection. I had the filet while our dinner companions feasted on the Rack of Lamb and the Rockfish. The ambiance did, as usual, make the evening that much more enjoyable. We look forward to many more wonderful dining experiences here and would highly recommend Blue Moon to anyone who enjoys being spoiled while dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014The civiche appetizer special was excellent! The filet and veal chop were cooked perfectly and both were scrumptious especially when paired with the brussels sprouts. For dessert we decided to go for the Moon Bomb and there was not a bite left on the plate! We loved seeing Megan, Lisa, Jessie and the rest of the crew dressed for Halloween, lots and lots of fun!Special Features:
- Tasting TuesdayspmrthirdVIPDined on 10/21/2014Great restaurant that offers an off season deal entitles Tasting Tuesdays consisting of the 3 course meal (appetizer, soup/salad and entrée) all for $40 each paired with a different wine with each course. There is also a 4 course version which includes dessert. The ahi tuna appetizer and pumpkin squash soup were both fantastic. Order the duck confit which was good but typically like my skin more crispy. All in all, it was a great meal. The last two wines were very good too. Very busy but felt that service was very good and all employees very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing eveningMomandhergirlsDined on 10/18/2014fabulous restaurant! The food is amazing the wait staff is super helpful.. atmosphere is so pleasant, we enjoyed live acoustic music in the dining room you will not be disappointed.. amazing in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!!!OCMDLB123Dined on 10/18/2014From appetizer to dessert, the meal was so creative and tasty. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food and wine were outstanding. Excellent guitar duo playing that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We love Blue Moon because it opened the year we got married and we have continued to go there twice or more every year since. This time coincided with the Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival, so our visit was marred by the live music, which was too loud for polite conversation. Despite the poor ambiance, the food and service were great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Not GreatRichardVIPDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a very good meal here. The wine selection was quite good and markups were reasonable. In general, we felt everything was very good but nothing, other than the amuse bouche, really stood out as great. The flavors in the tuna carpaccio didn't quite gel together. The lamb was tender and well cooked but needed more seasoning and I'm a guy who likes his meat without fancy sauces and overpowering marinades. We were a little disappointed because the restaurant came so highly recommended. Of course this may have been part of the issue as our expectations were very high. I'm sure we'll try it again.Special Features:
- Birthday at the Blue Moondeannap203Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived at Blue Moon at our exact reservation time and my husband was promptly greeted with a "Happy Birthday" from the hostess. We were seated immediately in a cozy table for 2 near the window overlooking Baltimore Street. We were jazzed that our table had blue moon and gold star confetti on it as another lovely touch to signify our birthday celebration. Other than my octopus being quite chewy, the food was delicious. I got the oxtail & my husband got the smoked duck...both delicious. Portions were much larger than expected. Will skip the starter next time for sure. With all the great restaurants in Rehoboth we were not disappointed with Blue Moon.Special Features:
- Great food and fun show!goodniteireneDined on 10/15/2014We always love going to the Blue Moon! We went for dinner and the Murder Mystery and were not disappointed! Food was fabulous, Charles is an excellent server, and the show was a hoot!Special Features:
- Tasting Tuesday Is Always A TreatsTom1950VIPDined on 10/14/2014Another wonderful Tasting Tuesday at the Blue Moon. The flat bread, curry carrot soup and the pork chop were all three outstanding and could not have been better. It is always a pleasure to dine at the Blue Moon without a doubt the best restaurant in Rehoboth Beach. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you should give it a try.Special Features:
- EddieKDined on 10/13/2014We always return to the Moon for any special occasion. The service was perfect. The only disappointment was that the scallops were sold out by 7p.m. on that particular night. Two of us were let down in addition to a table near us; however, the meals were outstandingly delicious and served brilliantly by Charles. Thank you all so much.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceDoslocosguysVIPDined on 10/12/2014Another wonderful meal and service at the Blue Moon! Apts..Entree...everything was Excellent! Dessert=Go for the pressed coffee!
- 👍 very special Birthday brunch!HelpmerondaDined on 10/12/2014Awesome food! A birthday treat! The Complimentary MOON pie was a real BONUS! 🎂Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a great brunch.ThomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Brunch was great. We sat at an awkward table by the front window with little room. That was the only problem. The food was great.Special Features:
- Best of Rehobothboston4nowDined on 10/11/2014Simply the best restaurant in Rehoboth Beach (an impressive feat since there are so many great places). We go every visit; sometimes twice. Don't miss out!Special Features:
- We had a beautiful small groupWonderful22Dined on 10/11/2014dinner and celebration right after our wedding. Food was as incredible as always and our server took great care of us. Lots of personal attention. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Blue MoonYasmine20roDined on 10/11/2014We had dinner here last Saturday and it was excellent. I had the duck, my husband had the Ribeye steak and they were excellent. The frisee salad that came with the Ribeye was very sour and didnt pair well with the meat, but we ordered mushrooms as a side and they were delicious. We had a table next to the Windows and it was cold and drafty, I recommend checking the windows or turning on the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but totally worth itRomneyPDined on 10/11/2014Second time we've been to the Blue Moon. Both times we've had amazing food and excellent service. The restaurant is fairly small so expect to be within earshot of other guests. For a non-foodie the food is immaculate; cooked perfectly, tastes amazing; I had the Hawaiian snapper and it was great. My wife had the duck and it was great as well, full of flavor and most but not all of the fat was rendered off. The deserts were great both times we've been there. If you get the blue moon bomb, don't expect to finish it w/ 2 people If you're looking for a quite meal I suggest getting an early reservation; the place is quite small and by 7p isn't loud but not quite either. Suit&Tie not required, though the food might make you think otherwise.Special Features:
- DisappointingdisgustedDined on 10/7/2014Our second time to the restaurant. Went back because of a wonderful first experience with food and service. This time we selected the restaurant because we were celebrating a special wedding anniversary and hence thought of Blue Moon. Service was terrible. Server was inattentive. $200.00 later we would have been better off at another local spot. Interesting that the server said he had been there for 6 years - you would have never known it. We won't be dining there again and I don't know why I'm even filling this out since they don't even give dining points ?? Why are you affiliated with them?
- Tasting Tuesday Is Always WonderfulTom1950VIPDined on 10/7/2014The Blue Moon tasting Tuesday is always wonderful with a range of wonderful items to choose from. My guests and I enjoy the butternut squash soup, duck and the beef. Everything was wonderful and we can't wait to return. If you have not tried Tasting Tuesday I would highly recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- Very nice mealFranCVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a reservation and were seated promptly even though we were a bit early. The restaurant was very busy for a Tuesday evening. Now I know why - the dishes were original and expertly prepared. My scallops were delicious and cooked just right. My husband said it was the best duck he has ever had, and he has eatten duck in a lot of places. Service was good, not great but it was a busy evening. The restaurant has a Tasting Tuesday offering a 3 course meal with wine pairings for $40, which is not a bad deal. I would recommend Blue Moon.Special Features:
- Tasting Tuesday exceptional valueBaroqueFluteDined on 10/7/2014$40 for 3 courses and three full glasses of decent wine. It's actually a prix fixe, not a tasting menu, since you pick one dish for each of 3 courses. Tuna carpaccio was nice, but a small portion. Mozzarella Burrata, on the other hand had 4-5 oz of cheese. Panzanella (Tuscan salad with softened stale bread) was very tasty, if high on EVOO. Bouillabaisse had lots of delicious seafood, although the sauce was thick, which is non-traditional. The standout dish was Duck Roulade, which was just tender as could be, but not at all greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Rehoboth BeachTom1950VIPDined on 10/5/2014We had a wonderful brunch at the Blue Moon where both the food and the service was outstanding. There were six of us and we ordered a variety of items off the menu and everyone said that it was probably the best brunch they have had in many years. The eggs scrambled with goat cheese were really good as well as the salad with rock fish and shrimp. If you have not tried Blue Moon for brunch you should give it a try.Special Features:
- Urbane French at the beachdineoutalotDined on 10/3/2014While a step below top French restaurants in larger cities, Blue a Moon held its own. The smoked salmon appetizer was sublime and several others quite good -and more than ample. As we with many, the main courses were a bit less interesting but the smoked duck stood out. We went light on dessert opting for the sorbet trio and were delighted with the blended flavors including raspberry basil. The ambiance was casual elegance and our service was friendly and well informed. Overall a good value and fine dining at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vcopVettemanTCDined on 10/3/2014The service, and ambience were outstanding, there were a lot of strange items on the menu. My wife didn't really care for the menu. There was no basic salad on the menu. If you go, check the menu it may not be to everyone's delight. For a place at the beach one would figure that there would have been more fresh seafood available but, it was not to be. I will definitely not return because I am looking for good value for the money that I spend, sides were not worth the price.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!LizinPalmyraDined on 10/3/2014We have been having dinner at Blue Moon for years. The food is always thoughtfully prepared and presented, always fresh and mostly local. Recently the chicken liver pate we started with was excellent. The halibut was cooked to perfection, and the vegetables with it complemented the fish deliciously.Special Features:
- Very impressed - Loved it!!!EJLBKDined on 9/30/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary on a Tuesday night which included a fixed price menu with wine pairings. The food was incredible and the service was terrific. They made us feel special. We do a lot of fine dining and the food and presentation was up there with any high end restaurant. Also had the best cosmo ever from the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL ON ALL LEVELSRomanticsDined on 9/30/2014We have been going to this incredible gourmet restaurant for too many years to count. We have never been disappointed! We have tried all or most offerings, not being afraid to try new foods, and every bite has been beyond description! If you want to save some big bucks and can go on a Tuesday off season, try their Wine Tasting Menu....only $40 for three courses with wine! A huge savings! But we go whenever we can, even Brunch, and - after traveling worldwide and eating in the highest rated dining establishments together for about 35 years, this is still our favorite! Even the most picky, discriminating restaurant patron simply will have nothing to complain about!Special Features:
- Tasting Tuesday - awesome!galexaDined on 9/30/2014This was a first time to try out the Blue Moon's Tasting Tuesday menu. This special menu provides an appetizer, salad, and entree each paired with wine for $40 per person. $7 extra gets you dessert and the server's choice of wine to accompany it. Since the menu for Tasting Tuesday can change weekly, I won't get in to what we had, only to say WOW! We were expecting small plates or tapas size portions for this menu, but were surprised to receive full size portions for each selection. From the appetizers to the desserts everything was delicious! Service was great, the wine chosen went well with each plate and the extra $7 is well worth it for the wonderful dessert you get. We looking forward to making this a regular Tues eve experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeyDined on 9/29/2014We have been to Blue Moon several times and it was great each time!Special Features:
- The Best Brunch in Rehoboth BeachTom1950VIPDined on 9/28/2014The Blue Moon has the best brunch in Rehoboth Beach. The crab cakes and the turkey burger where both outstanding and the four of us enjoyed ourselves. It is always a pleasure to go to the Blue Moon for any meal and we that live in Rehoboth Beach full time are very lucky to have the Blue Moon here. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you need to give it a try.Special Features:
- Rehoboth's Finestmsmdp2uVIPDined on 9/28/2014......for Sunday Brunch or dinner. Imaginative, perfectly prepared, and considerate of guest dietary requests. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Happy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014As always we had a fabulous Blue Moon experience! The oysters, bib salad, lamb chops and rib eye were all perfect in every aspect! The evenings sorbet choice was particularly yummy! Lisa and the rest of the crew made us feel special as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOldtownerDined on 9/27/2014Our party of three had a lovely dinner on the enclosed porch. The grilled octopus was flavorful, but a bit salty even for my salt-loving palet. The foie gras appetizer was good but not terribly bold in flavor. All three members of our party had meat (ribeye, lamb chops and veal) and we were all very satisfied with our choices. Everyone's meat was cooked to their liking and my steak was so large I couldn't finish it all. Two in the party ordered sauteed mushrooms and onions for a side and they were excellent. I should have gotten them as my cheese grits were a big disappointment. I am from The South so grits are a passion of mine. They were flavorless despite supposedly having cheese. I would recommed this restaurant and would go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usualMortGVIPDined on 9/27/2014For as long as we've been coming to Rehoboth, we've been coming to Blue Moon. It's definitely one of the best (if not the best) restaurants in Rehoboth. I had the "chicken liver" (actually foie gras) pate and halibut. The pate was outstanding, very rich (of course) and served with toasts, pickled vegetables, and mustard. If I had been smart, I would have had just that and a salad, that's how rich the dish was. The halibut was perfectly cooked and well presented. My wife had the bibb salad (very tasty) and the chicken (also perfectly cooked). Charles, our server, was perfect: there when we needed him, not when we didn't. He also brought me a glass of wine that wasn't on the by-the-glass list to go with the app and main. A superb experience!Special Features:
- Rare Just Like It's Name!Pilgrim51Dined on 9/27/2014Blue Moon is as special and as rare as its' name. My husband and I always have dinner here when in the area and have never been disappointed! The host, the service (Charles is our fav), the food and the entire vibe of the place is fantastic! We tavel a lot in the U.S and Europe, etc., and the Blue Moon is in the best company of the very best restaurants there are, especially for the price and quality.Special Features:
- Favorite Rehoboth RestaurantChicagoFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We have been dining at Blue Moon since they opened 30 yrs ago. Always a highlight of our stay in Rehoboth. Has become our special occasion restaurant & "last meal at the beach" celebration. Recommend it to friends & family & it always exceeds expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best at the beachdrj1VIPDined on 9/26/2014Blue Moon continues its winning ways with creative preparations and terrific executions. The service was very good and the server even returned to provide a more in-depth answer regarding a preparation. The oyster appetizers were both wonderful, although the addition of the hot pepper to the raw oysters did overwhelm the sweet flavor of the oyster. The Asian salmon was multi-layered in complexity and delicious. The tuna entree featured very fresh tuna. After dinner coffees were fun and before dinner cocktails were crisp and excellent. Only service draw back, the server did not know to allow the red wine to breathe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Rehoboth BeachTom1950VIPDined on 9/26/2014Blue Moon is without a doubt the best in Rehoboth. Not only is the food and service outstanding but they make you feel like you are home from the time you walk into the door until you leave. The pork chop, the duck breast are two of our favorites. Everything on the menu is worth trying. If you have not gone to the Blue Moon you are missing a great treat.Special Features: