35 Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemoonrehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022276515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lion Gardner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Consistently named one of the best restaurants in the state of Delaware we offer the same attention to quality and details for your next function.
- Entertainment: We offer year round entertainment in our Atrium Lounge. Please check our website for the latest news & entertainment schedules.
A word from Blue Moon
Situated in an elegant Victorian beach house, The Blue Moon is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in the region. Our award winning menu focuses on quality -the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks & local ingredients. Our professional service staff provides an unparalleled experience. We are pleased to showcase over 100 carefully selected wines & many by the glass options as well as wonderfully crafted martinis & specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Moon - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Blue Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
352 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (273)special occasion (228)neighborhood gem (180)romantic (177)vibrant bar scene (152)hot spot (122)notable wine list (98)great for brunch (78)good for groups (39)late-night find (36)great for lunch (8)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014We have been to Blue Moon several times and it was great each time!Special Features:
- The Best Brunch in Rehoboth BeachTom1950VIPDined on 9/28/2014The Blue Moon has the best brunch in Rehoboth Beach. The crab cakes and the turkey burger where both outstanding and the four of us enjoyed ourselves. It is always a pleasure to go to the Blue Moon for any meal and we that live in Rehoboth Beach full time are very lucky to have the Blue Moon here. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you need to give it a try.Special Features:
- Rehoboth's Finestmsmdp2uVIPDined on 9/28/2014......for Sunday Brunch or dinner. Imaginative, perfectly prepared, and considerate of guest dietary requests. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Happy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014As always we had a fabulous Blue Moon experience! The oysters, bib salad, lamb chops and rib eye were all perfect in every aspect! The evenings sorbet choice was particularly yummy! Lisa and the rest of the crew made us feel special as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Just Like It's Name!Pilgrim51Dined on 9/27/2014Blue Moon is as special and as rare as its' name. My husband and I always have dinner here when in the area and have never been disappointed! The host, the service (Charles is our fav), the food and the entire vibe of the place is fantastic! We tavel a lot in the U.S and Europe, etc., and the Blue Moon is in the best company of the very best restaurants there are, especially for the price and quality.Special Features:
- Favorite Rehoboth RestaurantChicagoFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We have been dining at Blue Moon since they opened 30 yrs ago. Always a highlight of our stay in Rehoboth. Has become our special occasion restaurant & "last meal at the beach" celebration. Recommend it to friends & family & it always exceeds expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best at the beachdrj1VIPDined on 9/26/2014Blue Moon continues its winning ways with creative preparations and terrific executions. The service was very good and the server even returned to provide a more in-depth answer regarding a preparation. The oyster appetizers were both wonderful, although the addition of the hot pepper to the raw oysters did overwhelm the sweet flavor of the oyster. The Asian salmon was multi-layered in complexity and delicious. The tuna entree featured very fresh tuna. After dinner coffees were fun and before dinner cocktails were crisp and excellent. Only service draw back, the server did not know to allow the red wine to breathe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Rehoboth BeachTom1950VIPDined on 9/26/2014Blue Moon is without a doubt the best in Rehoboth. Not only is the food and service outstanding but they make you feel like you are home from the time you walk into the door until you leave. The pork chop, the duck breast are two of our favorites. Everything on the menu is worth trying. If you have not gone to the Blue Moon you are missing a great treat.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodNatRBDEVIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been dining at the Blue Moon for years for all our special occasions and are never disappointed. Although the service was good, our waiter was not as attentive as we are used to. We will miss Leah. We are looking forward to the "Tasting Tuesdays" over the winter. The best food with wine paring for the price anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!PaqiDined on 9/24/2014This was our first time at Blue Moon. We went to celebrate my husband's birthday. From the warm welcome to the last course, everything was perfect. He started with the roasted oysters, and I had the burrata. Both were delicious. From there we went for the rack of lamb and rib eye filet - both were cooked perfectly, succulent and more than ample. We finished with a cheese plate and the chocolate bread pudding, and sent both plates back empty. The service was wonderful - our waiter was attentive, personable and funny. And did I mention the sides? The pureed cauliflower and blackened brussel sprouts were very good. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationNanaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was very nice and the server was friendly . This was our first visit in this restaurant . We have been to Rehoboth many times before and just discovered this place and choose it for our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't waste time or money hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014seating for four people for a special occasion was ridculous....i could not even talk to my husband... he was too far away....two people on a bench; me at one end and my husband at the other..i asked for a great table and this is what they gave us???? three of us ordered the halibut.....VERY VERY dry and tasteless. Certainly will not be visiting this restaurant nor will I recommend it. Much better places in Rehoboth Beach
- Best Brunch in TownTom1950VIPDined on 9/21/2014Both the food and service was out standing and it was fun getting to know our server Ken. Everything that we had from the beginning to the end was so delicious. If you have not tried Blue Moon for Brunch I would give it a try. The soft shell crabs were so delicious and they are probably the last for the season. Thanks for another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beach mainstaybeaker732Dined on 9/21/2014As usual the Blue Moon brunch outdid itself with fabulous bloody Mary's, and delicious flapjacks, eggs Benedict's and scrumptious duck hash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was excellent as alwaysSlowVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had pork belly, eggs benedict, bloody marys and 1 coffee and 1 cappuccino. All of the food was superb. The eggs benedict was based on a biscuit and smoked salmon. They were served with roasted sausage and hashed potatoes. The pork belly was served with soba noodles and bok choy.Special Features:
- Great Experience4SpecialOccasionsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went to Blue Moon for our anniversary. They honored the reservation time with no wait. The room while a little small and thus tight was still very pleasant. The wait staff was prompt and helpful (e.g., menu choices and wine selection). The food was great. The only drawback is that the restaurant is in downtown Rehoboth Beach and it was Saturday night. Parking is impossible, but I found a space after some searching. and it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableTBONE8Dined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit. As always everything was very very nice and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerLuv2dineDined on 9/19/2014Very quaint and romantic while being casual not stuffy. We dined in September so not sure how it is in summer. My Blue Moon martini was a great start and not too sweet! My husband's grapefruit martini was very strong and very good! We Shared the fried green tomatoes app & loved it. Prior to it coming out we were given a complimentary mini appetizer of something delicious wrapped in bacon and a soft, tasty roll each with sweetened butter! My duck dinner was cooked perfectly and was superb! My husband loved his halibut but was a little jealous after tasting my duck. Service was perfect! Almost went back the next night but were only there for 2 nights. Bar area is primarily gay.Special Features:
- A gem!BikergirlDined on 9/19/2014Blue Moon is absolutely fantastic! Our waiter (I think Ken?) was outstanding too. The food and service are always over and above!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Liver PateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Best chicken liver pate I ever had. This is consistently one of my favorite places to dine at downtown. A real "local" favorite.Special Features:
- Too good not to go twiceRRBanksDined on 9/19/2014After dining here on our first night out on our honeymoon, We cancelled our reservation at the other restaurant and came back to Blue Moon. our server, Ken, was outstanding! Don't miss the opportunity to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a real treat!FoodieforlifeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Service & food exceptional. My server Cole was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Moon still specialBruceVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Tuesday tasting menu is even better than ever this year--you can choose 3 or 4 courses and the wines were very good. No restaurant does a better job with lamb than the Blue Moon. It truly is a neighborhood gem restaurant and has been one since my first visit in 1982!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino no, food fantastictwoferDined on 9/16/2014Tasting Tuesday food was excellent, exceptionally inspired. Wine selections disappointing. Chardonnay, rose and asti spumonte?! The red was the only good one. Well remember the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinningbethanyfoodieDined on 9/15/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant weather you are vacationing here or, like me, are a local. There is something on the menu for everyone to enjoy, weather they prefer meat or are a vegetarian. If you are a "foodie" this is the place to dine. I would highly recommend the rack of lamb and pureed potatoes. The desserts are fabulous, as well.Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressGaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014This has been my 3rd visit to Blue Moon. I make it there once or twice a year and each time is a unique dining experience. Food is amazing and so is the service. This is a must if you are in the area during their season.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were received very graciously and our table was thoughtfully sprinkled with small, glistening hearts (wedding anniversary). The restaurant is tastefully appointed; customers are somewhat shoe-horned in, as tables are close together. Because of one noisy group close-by, we were a bit disturbed. Perhaps an earlier than 7PM reservation may mitigate the noise quotient. Overall. we had an enjoyable evening...including sharing the Bombe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!dianeDined on 9/12/2014Food and service outstanding, BUT the Chocolate Bread Pudding was one of the best deserts I have EVER had. All at the table agreed. I would come back just to experience the Chocolate Bread Pudding. Never never take it off the menu!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice meal!VLfromWCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Have been to Blue Moon several times and just had the opportunity to celebrate our anniversary there. Another fine meal! Blue Moon is consistenly one of the best restaurants in Rehoboth!Special Features:
- Great food!GotocheckersDined on 9/7/2014Food was absolutely delicious. Service was friendly. My only complaint was that we were seated right by the door that leads to the bar area, which was quite loud. Kind of took away from the romantic dinner I had wanted for my partner and myself. Other than that everything was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 70th BirthdayDoslocosguysVIPDined on 9/7/2014Once again, What a WONDERFUL Experience at the Blue Moon... We celebrated Mom's 70th birthday and the staff-from the bar with the amazing cocktails to our server Charles-made their 1st experience there unbelievable! The apts were delightful and tasty-Octopus done perfectly. Dad loved the fresh baked breads. The 2 steaks perfectly done, as was the Rockfish-done PERFECTLY and with out the items as requested. The Lamb was also perfect. The BOMB for dessert was heavenly. Mom and Dad are still talking about how wonderful the Blue Moon was and totally enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- berdieVIPDined on 9/6/2014we had an 8 o'clock reservation and our table was not ready till 8.45 but the food was excellent and the service was great. when the bill came they took off our first round of drinks and desert that was more then we expected we love the blue moon and will come back in the fallSpecial Features:
- DeliciousSoogoodDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service. Incredible food. Huge dessert. Overall an beautiful dinning experience. We had our wedding reception here and everyone was impressed. We all went over to bar after and had big funSpecial Features:
- Such a happy birthdayJTNUGENTVIPDined on 9/5/2014After barely mentioning that it was my birthday, we got fantastic service, amazing delightful food and a candles in my dessert. Blue Moon know how to take care of people and they are so professional no matter what is thrown at them. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food all aroundpmrthirdVIPDined on 9/4/2014Rarely eat here but thought I try and was extremely pleased. We shared fried green tomatoes which were perfect portion for two. Enteees included pork chop and duck breast. We enjoyed both. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in TownTomPoorDined on 9/4/2014The food fabulous, the wine list very well done, service great. Always enjoy an evening here!Special Features:
- Always enjoy the Blue Moonmr2020VIPDined on 9/3/2014Went on a Wednesday night as we took a few days during the week to go to Rehoboth. We always enjoy the Blue Moon, and again this time, the food and service were really good. The problem was the group of eight who were seated behind us. And by eight, I mean four adults and four kids under four years. BAD AMBIANCE. Our reservation was for 7PM, and fortunately the group left at about 7.45 with only a moderate amount of kid noise during the 45 minutes. I know parents like to take their kids out with them, but still when we go out as a couple and drop a couple hundred on a meal and wine, we'd like to do it without the kids.Special Features:
- Best in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2014this place has been around forever and is always goodSpecial Features:
- Good Special Occasion SpotOnTheBeachDined on 9/1/2014Great to see the cleanest silverware in RB. Food was fresh, well prepared, and presented. Good wine list. Friends tried to send over an anniversary drink. Never received it. Our friends were told it was delivered. A bit confusing and unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014A horrible table in back room made for a horrible evening. Good food, good waiter could in no way make up for the noisy, trafficy, miserable scene. We should not have stayed.