35 Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemoonrehoboth.com/
- Phone: (302) 227-6515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lion Gardner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Consistently named one of the best restaurants in the state of Delaware we offer the same attention to quality and details for your next function.
- Entertainment: We offer year round entertainment in our Atrium Lounge. Please check our website for the latest news & entertainment schedules.
A word from Blue Moon
Situated in an elegant Victorian beach house, The Blue Moon is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in the region. Our award winning menu focuses on quality -the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks & local ingredients. Our professional service staff provides an unparalleled experience. We are pleased to showcase over 100 carefully selected wines & many by the glass options as well as wonderfully crafted martinis & specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Moon - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Blue Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (223)special occasion (189)romantic (144)neighborhood gem (139)vibrant bar scene (109)hot spot (93)notable wine list (79)great for brunch (47)good for groups (29)late-night find (22)scenic view (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious, as always!FoodaholicVIPDined on 11/22/2014We celebrated a special occasion at the Blue Moon, and the evening was nothing less than Special! While one of the appetizers (venison tartare) was crafted with an overpowering amount of onions and garlic, it was nevertheless tasty and the manager took the charge off our bill. Everything else was delightful, and the coziness of the sun porch room allowed us to chat occasionally with neighboring tables, all very friendly and helpful in selecting menu items. Our waiter was most helpful with the wine selection, and we savored every drop of the delightful Bordeaux Blend...a first for us tpycially stuck in Riojas, Tempranillos, and Shiraz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a disappointmentORF2OBX2STTDined on 11/20/2014Dinner at Blue Moon is always a great experience! Our annual pre-Thanksgiving weekend get together always start with a "date night" here and we've never been disappointed. The service is excellent and the food is outstanding. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food here is spectacularTomPoorDined on 11/18/2014Always a great experience, Fabulous food, great service comfortable ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at the MoonEddieKDined on 11/18/2014....a perfect evening. Our table was reserved and ready for us in the preferred location. The wine pairings were delicious and each course was served professionally and tasted great. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERfUL AS ALWAYSDoslocosguysVIPDined on 11/16/2014What can we say...Excellent Drinks....EXCELLENT STEAKS...EXCELLENT SERVICE.... The food here is ALWAYS done perfectly-no other place in town can do a steak this good! Even the steak house! The roasted oysters were divine! Love the roasted brussel sprouts-tasty and perfectly done.... Had the pecan pie for dessert-just the right amount to share and not too sweet! Try the PRESSED COFFEE Out of this World! Can not wait to celebrate my 50th at the Blue Moon! The only place to be for a Big day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/16/2014Thank you for helping to make my mom's bday extra-special! The blue moon confetti on our table was a nice touch and the food, as always, was AMAZING! While we were waiting for our meal, we booked our next reservation. :) See you over Christmas weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A VERY SPECIAL RESTAURANTSilverBulletDined on 11/15/2014We have been to the Blue Moon on many different occasions. The food choices are always outstanding and the service superlative. All four of our meals were cooked to perfection and THE BOMB for desert was just outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionflobeeDined on 11/15/2014What a wonderful place to celebrate an occasion. We had good friends, food and wine to match. The place is relaxed and you can have as much as you need to eat and drink. You need to go to this at least once in your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014We have dined at Blue Moon numerous times, and can honestly say we have truly enjoyed every time. There were 4 of us this visit, including a couple that had never been. Everyone had the bouillabaisse... It was absolutely FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid Tasting TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014The Blue Moon is one of the premier restaurants in Rehoboth but the most of the food on this Tasting Tuesday was not good. The appetizers were pretty good and the dessert was great but my fish was mushy with a sauce that tasted like cream of pea soup and the rice in my partner's paella was also mushy with a salty sauce. I highly recommend dining at the Blue Moon and will definitely go back again but plan to avoid Tasting Tuesday.
- Jonbeachswimmer117Dined on 11/9/2014Made online reservations for the exact time I wanted to eat. Atmosphere was quiet and romantic, perfect for the first date. Service was excellent and made an excellent wine recommendation. Portions were perfect and we were even treated with some tasty appetizers from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered gemFEOJRDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Rehoboth Beach a few times recently and we have been going to the Blue Moon. Never a disappointment. It is small with a few small rooms with a few tables in each, making for a fun atmosphere. The staff and fellow diners are all very friendly.Special Features:
- JoanneDined on 11/8/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. The food and service were amazing. We love Blue Moon!Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningBillrichieDined on 11/4/2014Blue Moon never fails to deliver. We were 6 for dinner and the evening was "perfect." The food was delicious, the waiter attentive and professional, and the ambiance upscale but not snooty. One of our favorite restaurants that ALWAYS delivers.Special Features:
- Barn Yard Chicken is So Very GoodTom1950VIPDined on 11/4/2014Everything at the Blue Moon is always good but if you have not tried the barnyard chicken you need to give it a try. It is always very delicious. Tasting Tuesday is always a treat and there is always a great menu to choose from. Had friends from Scotland who said that the Blue Moon food was the best that they have ever had. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you need to do that real soon.Special Features:
- Silly FoodoverthemoonDined on 10/31/2014The chef is trying too hard to be over the top on mixing flavors and seasonings. I had pork chops with red cabbage and cheddar grits. Sounds tasy. It wasn't. Couldn't taste any of the main ingredients because there were such a hodgepodge of flavors - salty, sweet, hot etc. In addition at those prices the meat should be a whole lot better. My chop had a lot of gristle. It was a disappointment. Maybe foodies would enjoy this type of meal but if you are looking for a good meal I would skip the "Moon" and come back next year when they might have a new chef who cooks to satisfy the diner and not show off his daring and unique mixing of seasonings and foods. The service and drinks were very good.Special Features:
- Repeat visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014We have been to the Blue Moon many times. This visit did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect EveningmikeDined on 10/26/2014This is our 6th experience at the Blue Moon. It is hard to imagine that each time the quality of the food and the service gets better and better. This was a special occasion for us and we were not disappointed. All of our appetizers were excellent and the entree's were cooked to perfection. I had the filet while our dinner companions feasted on the Rack of Lamb and the Rockfish. The ambiance did, as usual, make the evening that much more enjoyable. We look forward to many more wonderful dining experiences here and would highly recommend Blue Moon to anyone who enjoys being spoiled while dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014The civiche appetizer special was excellent! The filet and veal chop were cooked perfectly and both were scrumptious especially when paired with the brussels sprouts. For dessert we decided to go for the Moon Bomb and there was not a bite left on the plate! We loved seeing Megan, Lisa, Jessie and the rest of the crew dressed for Halloween, lots and lots of fun!Special Features:
- Tasting TuesdayspmrthirdVIPDined on 10/21/2014Great restaurant that offers an off season deal entitles Tasting Tuesdays consisting of the 3 course meal (appetizer, soup/salad and entrée) all for $40 each paired with a different wine with each course. There is also a 4 course version which includes dessert. The ahi tuna appetizer and pumpkin squash soup were both fantastic. Order the duck confit which was good but typically like my skin more crispy. All in all, it was a great meal. The last two wines were very good too. Very busy but felt that service was very good and all employees very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchgalexaDined on 10/19/2014As it was Jazz weekend, the Blue Moon had a vocalist and pianist playing in the Atrium which is where we requested to be seated. Food was excellent. I enjoyed the Steak and Eggs - prepared perfectly. My companion had the Eggs Benedict which was also prepared very well. Service was top notch and attentive, even though the restaurant was very busy. The entertainment was wonderful and added to an already delightful Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- amazing eveningMomandhergirlsDined on 10/18/2014fabulous restaurant! The food is amazing the wait staff is super helpful.. atmosphere is so pleasant, we enjoyed live acoustic music in the dining room you will not be disappointed.. amazing in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!!!OCMDLB123Dined on 10/18/2014From appetizer to dessert, the meal was so creative and tasty. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food and wine were outstanding. Excellent guitar duo playing that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We love Blue Moon because it opened the year we got married and we have continued to go there twice or more every year since. This time coincided with the Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival, so our visit was marred by the live music, which was too loud for polite conversation. Despite the poor ambiance, the food and service were great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Not GreatRichardVIPDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a very good meal here. The wine selection was quite good and markups were reasonable. In general, we felt everything was very good but nothing, other than the amuse bouche, really stood out as great. The flavors in the tuna carpaccio didn't quite gel together. The lamb was tender and well cooked but needed more seasoning and I'm a guy who likes his meat without fancy sauces and overpowering marinades. We were a little disappointed because the restaurant came so highly recommended. Of course this may have been part of the issue as our expectations were very high. I'm sure we'll try it again.Special Features:
- Birthday at the Blue Moondeannap203Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived at Blue Moon at our exact reservation time and my husband was promptly greeted with a "Happy Birthday" from the hostess. We were seated immediately in a cozy table for 2 near the window overlooking Baltimore Street. We were jazzed that our table had blue moon and gold star confetti on it as another lovely touch to signify our birthday celebration. Other than my octopus being quite chewy, the food was delicious. I got the oxtail & my husband got the smoked duck...both delicious. Portions were much larger than expected. Will skip the starter next time for sure. With all the great restaurants in Rehoboth we were not disappointed with Blue Moon.Special Features:
- Great food and fun show!goodniteireneDined on 10/15/2014We always love going to the Blue Moon! We went for dinner and the Murder Mystery and were not disappointed! Food was fabulous, Charles is an excellent server, and the show was a hoot!Special Features:
- Tasting Tuesday Is Always A TreatsTom1950VIPDined on 10/14/2014Another wonderful Tasting Tuesday at the Blue Moon. The flat bread, curry carrot soup and the pork chop were all three outstanding and could not have been better. It is always a pleasure to dine at the Blue Moon without a doubt the best restaurant in Rehoboth Beach. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you should give it a try.Special Features:
- EddieKDined on 10/13/2014We always return to the Moon for any special occasion. The service was perfect. The only disappointment was that the scallops were sold out by 7p.m. on that particular night. Two of us were let down in addition to a table near us; however, the meals were outstandingly delicious and served brilliantly by Charles. Thank you all so much.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceDoslocosguysVIPDined on 10/12/2014Another wonderful meal and service at the Blue Moon! Apts..Entree...everything was Excellent! Dessert=Go for the pressed coffee!
- 👍 very special Birthday brunch!HelpmerondaDined on 10/12/2014Awesome food! A birthday treat! The Complimentary MOON pie was a real BONUS! 🎂Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a great brunch.ThomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Brunch was great. We sat at an awkward table by the front window with little room. That was the only problem. The food was great.Special Features:
- Best of Rehobothboston4nowDined on 10/11/2014Simply the best restaurant in Rehoboth Beach (an impressive feat since there are so many great places). We go every visit; sometimes twice. Don't miss out!Special Features:
- We had a beautiful small groupWonderful22Dined on 10/11/2014dinner and celebration right after our wedding. Food was as incredible as always and our server took great care of us. Lots of personal attention. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Blue MoonYasmine20roDined on 10/11/2014We had dinner here last Saturday and it was excellent. I had the duck, my husband had the Ribeye steak and they were excellent. The frisee salad that came with the Ribeye was very sour and didnt pair well with the meat, but we ordered mushrooms as a side and they were delicious. We had a table next to the Windows and it was cold and drafty, I recommend checking the windows or turning on the heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but totally worth itRomneyPDined on 10/11/2014Second time we've been to the Blue Moon. Both times we've had amazing food and excellent service. The restaurant is fairly small so expect to be within earshot of other guests. For a non-foodie the food is immaculate; cooked perfectly, tastes amazing; I had the Hawaiian snapper and it was great. My wife had the duck and it was great as well, full of flavor and most but not all of the fat was rendered off. The deserts were great both times we've been there. If you get the blue moon bomb, don't expect to finish it w/ 2 people If you're looking for a quite meal I suggest getting an early reservation; the place is quite small and by 7p isn't loud but not quite either. Suit&Tie not required, though the food might make you think otherwise.Special Features:
- DisappointingdisgustedDined on 10/7/2014Our second time to the restaurant. Went back because of a wonderful first experience with food and service. This time we selected the restaurant because we were celebrating a special wedding anniversary and hence thought of Blue Moon. Service was terrible. Server was inattentive. $200.00 later we would have been better off at another local spot. Interesting that the server said he had been there for 6 years - you would have never known it. We won't be dining there again and I don't know why I'm even filling this out since they don't even give dining points ?? Why are you affiliated with them?
- Tasting Tuesday Is Always WonderfulTom1950VIPDined on 10/7/2014The Blue Moon tasting Tuesday is always wonderful with a range of wonderful items to choose from. My guests and I enjoy the butternut squash soup, duck and the beef. Everything was wonderful and we can't wait to return. If you have not tried Tasting Tuesday I would highly recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- Very nice mealFranCVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a reservation and were seated promptly even though we were a bit early. The restaurant was very busy for a Tuesday evening. Now I know why - the dishes were original and expertly prepared. My scallops were delicious and cooked just right. My husband said it was the best duck he has ever had, and he has eatten duck in a lot of places. Service was good, not great but it was a busy evening. The restaurant has a Tasting Tuesday offering a 3 course meal with wine pairings for $40, which is not a bad deal. I would recommend Blue Moon.Special Features: