35 Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemoonrehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022276515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lion Gardner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Consistently named one of the best restaurants in the state of Delaware we offer the same attention to quality and details for your next function.
- Entertainment: We offer year round entertainment in our Atrium Lounge. Please check our website for the latest news & entertainment schedules.
A word from Blue Moon
Situated in an elegant Victorian beach house, The Blue Moon is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in the region. Our award winning menu focuses on quality -the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks & local ingredients. Our professional service staff provides an unparalleled experience. We are pleased to showcase over 100 carefully selected wines & many by the glass options as well as wonderfully crafted martinis & specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Moon - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Blue Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (265)special occasion (228)romantic (176)neighborhood gem (171)vibrant bar scene (147)hot spot (117)notable wine list (99)great for brunch (75)late-night find (39)good for groups (38)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Blue Moon still specialBruceVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Tuesday tasting menu is even better than ever this year--you can choose 3 or 4 courses and the wines were very good. No restaurant does a better job with lamb than the Blue Moon. It truly is a neighborhood gem restaurant and has been one since my first visit in 1982!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino no, food fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Tasting Tuesday food was excellent, exceptionally inspired. Wine selections disappointing. Chardonnay, rose and asti spumonte?! The red was the only good one. Well remember the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant weather you are vacationing here or, like me, are a local. There is something on the menu for everyone to enjoy, weather they prefer meat or are a vegetarian. If you are a "foodie" this is the place to dine. I would highly recommend the rack of lamb and pureed potatoes. The desserts are fabulous, as well.Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressGaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014This has been my 3rd visit to Blue Moon. I make it there once or twice a year and each time is a unique dining experience. Food is amazing and so is the service. This is a must if you are in the area during their season.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were received very graciously and our table was thoughtfully sprinkled with small, glistening hearts (wedding anniversary). The restaurant is tastefully appointed; customers are somewhat shoe-horned in, as tables are close together. Because of one noisy group close-by, we were a bit disturbed. Perhaps an earlier than 7PM reservation may mitigate the noise quotient. Overall. we had an enjoyable evening...including sharing the Bombe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!dianeDined on 9/12/2014Food and service outstanding, BUT the Chocolate Bread Pudding was one of the best deserts I have EVER had. All at the table agreed. I would come back just to experience the Chocolate Bread Pudding. Never never take it off the menu!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice meal!VLfromWCVIPDined on 9/11/2014Have been to Blue Moon several times and just had the opportunity to celebrate our anniversary there. Another fine meal! Blue Moon is consistenly one of the best restaurants in Rehoboth!Special Features:
- Great food!GotocheckersDined on 9/7/2014Food was absolutely delicious. Service was friendly. My only complaint was that we were seated right by the door that leads to the bar area, which was quite loud. Kind of took away from the romantic dinner I had wanted for my partner and myself. Other than that everything was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 70th BirthdayDoslocosguysVIPDined on 9/7/2014Once again, What a WONDERFUL Experience at the Blue Moon... We celebrated Mom's 70th birthday and the staff-from the bar with the amazing cocktails to our server Charles-made their 1st experience there unbelievable! The apts were delightful and tasty-Octopus done perfectly. Dad loved the fresh baked breads. The 2 steaks perfectly done, as was the Rockfish-done PERFECTLY and with out the items as requested. The Lamb was also perfect. The BOMB for dessert was heavenly. Mom and Dad are still talking about how wonderful the Blue Moon was and totally enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- berdieVIPDined on 9/6/2014we had an 8 o'clock reservation and our table was not ready till 8.45 but the food was excellent and the service was great. when the bill came they took off our first round of drinks and desert that was more then we expected we love the blue moon and will come back in the fallSpecial Features:
- DeliciousSoogoodDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service. Incredible food. Huge dessert. Overall an beautiful dinning experience. We had our wedding reception here and everyone was impressed. We all went over to bar after and had big funSpecial Features:
- Such a happy birthdayJTNUGENTVIPDined on 9/5/2014After barely mentioning that it was my birthday, we got fantastic service, amazing delightful food and a candles in my dessert. Blue Moon know how to take care of people and they are so professional no matter what is thrown at them. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food all aroundpmrthirdVIPDined on 9/4/2014Rarely eat here but thought I try and was extremely pleased. We shared fried green tomatoes which were perfect portion for two. Enteees included pork chop and duck breast. We enjoyed both. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in TownTomPoorDined on 9/4/2014The food fabulous, the wine list very well done, service great. Always enjoy an evening here!Special Features:
- Always enjoy the Blue Moonmr2020VIPDined on 9/3/2014Went on a Wednesday night as we took a few days during the week to go to Rehoboth. We always enjoy the Blue Moon, and again this time, the food and service were really good. The problem was the group of eight who were seated behind us. And by eight, I mean four adults and four kids under four years. BAD AMBIANCE. Our reservation was for 7PM, and fortunately the group left at about 7.45 with only a moderate amount of kid noise during the 45 minutes. I know parents like to take their kids out with them, but still when we go out as a couple and drop a couple hundred on a meal and wine, we'd like to do it without the kids.Special Features:
- Best in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2014this place has been around forever and is always goodSpecial Features:
- Good Special Occasion SpotOnTheBeachDined on 9/1/2014Great to see the cleanest silverware in RB. Food was fresh, well prepared, and presented. Good wine list. Friends tried to send over an anniversary drink. Never received it. Our friends were told it was delivered. A bit confusing and unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014A horrible table in back room made for a horrible evening. Good food, good waiter could in no way make up for the noisy, trafficy, miserable scene. We should not have stayed.
- Great Dining ExperienceDCEpicurianVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had not dined at Blue Moon in over a year, but returned this past weekend. It was delightful. The food, service, ambiance - all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appalling service, way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014My partner made reservations to celebrate my birthday. We were sat at a table in a corner two steps above the main floor. It was cramped and we were forgotten. We watched as a waiter served all the others water often and ignored us. We ordered a bottle of wine which after being poured was placed in a cooler behind us. Other waiters were filling their diners' wine glasses as they got low. We finally gave up and poured the wine ourselves. The food was very good, but not good enough to command such high prices. Other people were celebrating birthdays and the staff brought them dessert with a candle in it. Mine had no candle and no utensils for dessert. Management was ungracious and made excuses. We had better service at Louie's a sub shop.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentDaveVIPDined on 8/31/2014As usual, it was great. This is the only place in Rehoboth where they consistently deliver, even on busy summer and holiday weekends.Special Features:
- MelodyDined on 8/30/2014Food was fabulous. Chocolate bread pudding, outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Seating Is A Bit Akward...SamuelSVIPDined on 8/30/2014We arrived and everything was fine until seated. There is a back area next to the kitchen entrance and bathrooms and service bar.. requested a move to which was initially rejected, then another couple walked out due to seating concerns near front door and we were lucky to nab those seats.. not fun, but better than the back room... but, but, but, but the chef turned out a great meal even for my request of low-fat vegan. Go if you have a special occasion to celebrate with a fine meal and equally so service. Remember to ask for a table in the front rooms unless the aforementioned area is not a problem for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not to my groups likingCondorDined on 8/30/2014The food was a combination of fusion cooking and odd entree's. There were also steaks on the menu if you wanted to pay high 30's, low 40's. It is the first time I've had corn soup without corn. The soup was emulsified so that there were no solid kernels in the soup, with a lime flavored foam on top which I detested. A chicken dish was cook about four different way where dark meat was combined with white meat, then covered in skin and deep fried. It was laid out on a bed of unrecognizable vegetables and with teaspoon of mash potatoes. Prices were high with things like venison tar tar listed. Won't go back there again and spend almost $30 just for the chicken.Special Features:
- Dinner....DeliciousLaurentDined on 8/29/2014We want to thank you for so wonderful menu we ate, very nice atmosphere place to eat and wonderful services with waitresses. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary last night. We enjoyed being ourselves on table to celebrate. Thank you, Blue Moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentRehobothfoodieDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at the Blue Moon 15 times or more over the past few years and loved it. However this last visit Friday was a disaster. The crab cakes (special) were made with scallions which overpowered the crab meat. The soft shell crabs were drenched in cornmeal and were tasteless. There are too many other great restaurants in Rehoboth to waste you money on this one.
- Give it a try.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Dining at Blue Moon is just great. A special place for a special dinner. The service was good and the food wonderful. Will definitely be back. Restaurant ant the bar are one of our favorites at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!LUIGIDined on 8/28/2014Not a place to have a romantic quite dinner, specially on a Labor day weekend but is a great restaurant with an outstanding menu. The service might get a little slow when is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat great, even latenorthside2Dined on 8/27/2014Other than the unapologetic wait of a half an hour past our reservation time, we had a lovely experience. Once seated, we were served attentively and professionally. The food was beautifully prepared and presented, and quite delicious.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantNorthinCCDined on 8/26/2014Continues to offer outstanding food. Nicely diversified menu. Everything is well-prepared and beautifully presented. Very creative approach to food preparation. Service is attentive and friendly qwithout being overwhelming. This is as good as fine dining gets in Rehoboth. Still one of my favorites.Special Features:
- favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We come to rehoboth for our birthdays. As soon as we walk in someone wishes the birthday girl a happy birthday. Small things mean alot but the food is exquisite thay accomodate my wife s food allergy no problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RehobothOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014The Blue Moon is always consistent and the food is delicious. The Pork Chop was particularly great. Portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in townRehoFanDined on 8/24/2014The Blue Moon has the most amazing food. Service was outstanding, and the piano stylings of Scott Westin were a great complement to the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLizSVIPDined on 8/23/2014As always consistently good--excellent cheese plate...soft shell crabs and scallops well prepared. Warm pecan pie was a plesant chang (missed the Eaton mess). Staff was wonderful as always...very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Best of RehobothLuv2eatoutDined on 8/23/2014Rehoboth has many excellent restaurants but Blue Moon is hands down the best! The foo as out of this world, and the menu as innovative and tempting. The service was excellent. This is not my first visit to Blue Moon and won't be my last!Special Features:
- k8renOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014wonderful as always. Two of us had the Smith Island crab cakes which are special to the Moon, crabmeat freshly picked on Smith Island and delivered to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4foodiesDined on 8/22/2014We though5 that everything was very good. The only exception were the scallops. The appetizers were outstanding and the entres were excellent with the one exception. We loved the chocolate bombe dessert and four of us shared it easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AGAIN`DoslocosguysVIPDined on 8/20/20146 of us 2nd time and everything from the service (Thank you Lisa) to the Food-done perfectly and plentiful. Each of our guest just RAVED what an EXCELLENT meal they had... We shared dessert-the MoonBomb was incredible... Another perfect evening. Looking forward to coming back!!!Special Features:
- Great food, service & atmosphere!LovetoeatoutDined on 8/19/2014Reservations recommended. When we arrived we were seated right away and the server was ready to take care of us. She was very knowledgeable concerning the menu and offered great information about the restaurant and the area. We will be returning again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014One of the BEST at THE Beach!!!! This should be on the Best Food and Ambiance. The service is superb as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.