35 Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemoonrehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022276515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lion Gardner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Consistently named one of the best restaurants in the state of Delaware we offer the same attention to quality and details for your next function.
- Entertainment: We offer year round entertainment in our Atrium Lounge. Please check our website for the latest news & entertainment schedules.
A word from Blue Moon
Situated in an elegant Victorian beach house, The Blue Moon is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in the region. Our award winning menu focuses on quality -the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks & local ingredients. Our professional service staff provides an unparalleled experience. We are pleased to showcase over 100 carefully selected wines & many by the glass options as well as wonderfully crafted martinis & specialty drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Moon - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Blue Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (250)special occasion (224)romantic (174)neighborhood gem (162)vibrant bar scene (141)hot spot (111)notable wine list (104)great for brunch (85)late-night find (43)good for groups (37)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Eat great, even latenorthside2Dined on 8/27/2014Other than the unapologetic wait of a half an hour past our reservation time, we had a lovely experience. Once seated, we were served attentively and professionally. The food was beautifully prepared and presented, and quite delicious.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantNorthinCCDined on 8/26/2014Continues to offer outstanding food. Nicely diversified menu. Everything is well-prepared and beautifully presented. Very creative approach to food preparation. Service is attentive and friendly qwithout being overwhelming. This is as good as fine dining gets in Rehoboth. Still one of my favorites.Special Features:
- favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We come to rehoboth for our birthdays. As soon as we walk in someone wishes the birthday girl a happy birthday. Small things mean alot but the food is exquisite thay accomodate my wife s food allergy no problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RehobothOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014The Blue Moon is always consistent and the food is delicious. The Pork Chop was particularly great. Portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The Blue Moon has the most amazing food. Service was outstanding, and the piano stylings of Scott Westin were a great complement to the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLizSVIPDined on 8/23/2014As always consistently good--excellent cheese plate...soft shell crabs and scallops well prepared. Warm pecan pie was a plesant chang (missed the Eaton mess). Staff was wonderful as always...very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Best of RehobothLuv2eatoutDined on 8/23/2014Rehoboth has many excellent restaurants but Blue Moon is hands down the best! The foo as out of this world, and the menu as innovative and tempting. The service was excellent. This is not my first visit to Blue Moon and won't be my last!Special Features:
- k8renOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014wonderful as always. Two of us had the Smith Island crab cakes which are special to the Moon, crabmeat freshly picked on Smith Island and delivered to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4foodiesDined on 8/22/2014We though5 that everything was very good. The only exception were the scallops. The appetizers were outstanding and the entres were excellent with the one exception. We loved the chocolate bombe dessert and four of us shared it easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AGAIN`DoslocosguysVIPDined on 8/20/20146 of us 2nd time and everything from the service (Thank you Lisa) to the Food-done perfectly and plentiful. Each of our guest just RAVED what an EXCELLENT meal they had... We shared dessert-the MoonBomb was incredible... Another perfect evening. Looking forward to coming back!!!Special Features:
- Great food, service & atmosphere!LovetoeatoutDined on 8/19/2014Reservations recommended. When we arrived we were seated right away and the server was ready to take care of us. She was very knowledgeable concerning the menu and offered great information about the restaurant and the area. We will be returning again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014One of the BEST at THE Beach!!!! This should be on the Best Food and Ambiance. The service is superb as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food. Been there many times. This was the worst service ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner and dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We choose Blue Moon based of previous diners ratings and were not disappointed. The entrees were delicious and the dessert were delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem in Rehoboth!DowntowndishDined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service, excellent love music! My friends and I went for brunch and the food was simply amazing. Fresh sticky buns, complimentary chocolate chip scones and fabulous dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fourth time eating at Blue Moon and ALWAYS have a wonderful meal. The burrata with corn salsa was outstanding and the salmon perfect. My only issue is with the service. Waiter seemed very disinterested and never came back to pour our wine. Another waitress had to clear our table and bring dessert. Still, well worth a visit !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceSparkyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant choices at Rehoboth Beach are limited but this one is a good one. The menu is typical of other decent restaurants in the area (all feature beet salads, duck breast and imported fish such as cod, haddock and rock fish) where no local seafood is featured. Why not have flounder or other local fish? Yes, crab is featured in many restaurants but is it MD crab or imported from the Far East? The food here was well prepared and we enjoyed our selection of fish from MA and the Pacific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Charming, quiet, and romantic atmosphere located in the middle of town. Beautiful vases of fresh roses added to the decor. Good cocktail and wine list. Ribeye filet done perfectly. Waitstaff very attentive and timely. Quite a neighborhood gem. Looking forward to trying different dishes upon my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food everRuziDined on 8/15/2014That was the best food I've ever had. My husband and daughter also agreed. Meal, drinks and dessert was fabulous!!! Thank you Blue Moon for a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningSwoonforBlueMoonDined on 8/15/2014Blue Moon was a wonderful treat. We went there for dinner to celebrate our 5th anniversary and had appetizers through dessert, all of which were remarkably good. The food was prepared perfectly, the ambiance delightful, wonderful presentation. Our waiter, Cole, was wonderful and his knowledge of the food and its preparation and ingredients impeccable. He was very attentive and friendly. We really liked him. Would recommend the Blue Moon to everyone and hope to one day revisit it.Special Features:
- Best of RehobothKevDDined on 8/13/2014Each year we visit Rehoboth and this is the must eat venue. This year we stayed a little longer and made sure to make two visits. Absolutely love this place! In 2013 I had the Blueberry Doughnut dessert and still tell people about enjoying the Best dessert ever.Special Features:
- Maggie05Dined on 8/13/2014Blue Moon is a must go for any one looking for a fine dinning experience in Delaware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top food & ServiceFamily3Dined on 8/12/2014Food is incredible, matched by the service. We were surrounded by the "upper crust" while we ateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulAnneGVIPDined on 8/12/2014Blue Moon has been my favorite upscale restaurant at the beach for many years. There are many others who join the restaurant scene but it stays at the top of the list. Creative fabulous food, always. Service is terrific. I have never had a bad meal there and this last visit was no exception.Special Features:
- terrific eveningjoannaDined on 8/11/2014Service was outstanding. Food was innovative and so delicious. Special dessert the Blue Moon Bombe was not just an amazing Baked Alaska but made everyone seated near us start talking about it and of course they ordered it too. Go there as soon as you can!!!!!Special Features:
- Another Wonderful EveningTom1950VIPDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed another wonderful evening at the Blue Moon where the food is outstanding and the service is the best in Rehoboth. The rock fish and the chicken will both just melt in your mouth. If you have not tried the Blue Moon you are really missing the best in Rehoboth.Special Features:
- OutstandingdarkstarVIPDined on 8/10/2014They were amazing last summer, and somehow they improved. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014every dish we ordered was terrific, as was the amuse bouche. staff was great. Our definite favorite in Rehoboth. If noisy is a negative, we recommend porch seating, Not too bad out there.Special Features:
- Excellent - as alwaysdinerinrehoDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great wine, great service from Charles.Special Features:
- Ambiance and great foodWinecrazyDined on 8/8/2014Love to visit Blue Moon on our annual trip to Rehoboth Beach. Perhaps the best ambiance and great fine beach restaurant feel around. Terrific wine list and a menu filled with old favorites like seared scallops and duck. Crab cakes were special on our night there. We will keep coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies delighteastcoastfoodieDined on 8/8/2014After talking my husband to going to the fish eatery, because I Telly did not want slaw and French fries, we came to Blue Moon. It surpassed my expectations. The chef here is certainly a true foodie. All was fresh, deliciously prepared,perfectly matched ingredients,and beautifully served. Wine list was notable,too. A little pricey, but this should be your one special night to done on vacation. Although the fish house probablywould have cost almost as much. No slaw or fries here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall 9...but typically a 10Talkfoodie2meDined on 8/7/2014Blue Moon is always list to visit while in Rehoboth 9-10 times/year. We invited friends on a "double date" and we hoped that they would become Blue Moon affecionados as well. Unfortunately, our server must have been having a bad night (benefit of the doubt). We'll be back, but our friends who are in the restaurant biz will not. Guess you don't have a second chance to make a first impression:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful! !!!!pleasure2bthereDined on 8/5/2014We were seated on the porch looking over the neighborhood. It made for intimate and delightful conversation with other diners. The food was exquisite. The service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, alwaysKB811Dined on 8/3/2014We always look forward to having a wonderful meal every time we come to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysJimmyPopDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food, service and drink....as always! We will keep coming back!!!Special Features:
- Delicious, satisfying, sure repeatNickVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dined at 9:30 pm on a Saturday in August, arriving to a full, busy dining room with a show in the bar area. We were seated immediately at a too small table (not just us - tables looked a bit small) and quickly greeted by our server. From start to finish, the meal and the evening were terrific. The martini was cold and well-mixed, the food was delicious (beet salad, cheddar grits, salmon, tuna carpaccio), and the service could not have been better, e.g., my water glass was never empty, and when we left the table between appetizer and dinner to go catch a bit of the show in the bar, the server came to retrieve us because he didn't want our good to get cold! What a great guy, and a great evening.Special Features:
- great nightjen13Dined on 8/2/2014This was the first time my husband and I have eaten at Blue Moon, we had an an amazing dinner and the waite staff was terrific. We come to Rehoboth all the time, so I am not sure how we have missed this place all these years. Loved the after dinner show, the impersonators were so amazing, Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Always the bestMortyZVIPDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed the restaurant. It was a rainy Saturday night, just my wife and I and we were going to be late due to the busy traffic in Rehoboth Beach. I called and they held our table. The meal was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California GirlCaliforniagirlDined on 8/2/2014Great restaurant. From the minute we walked in everyone was very welcoming. Service was friendly and attentive, food was fabulous - so many choices - as everything looked and was so good. Go to the bar where the entertainment was after, a lot of fun. If I'm ever back in the area, will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentvirgilDined on 8/2/2014Blue Moon is the place to experience fine food and excellent service in a lovely setting. If you want to impress guests from out of town, bring them here.Special Features: