Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
121 Bridge St
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bluemarlinami.com/
- Phone: 9418969737x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer Live Local music outside in our courtyard on Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 weather permitting. Check our website & facebook for special events
- Cross Street: Gulf Drive
- Public Transit: There is a trolley stop at the beach end of Bridge St that requires a short walk East & the trolley runs until 10:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: if you cant find a parking spot on Bridge St please pull to the front door & wait for the golf cart to show you our parking lot. We will bring you back & forth to your car. There is a public lot across the street at the Post Office, just don"t use the handicap spot unless you have appropriate documentation.
A word from Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
Located in an original 1920,s cottage on historic Bridge St , the Blue Marlin is dedicated to serving only the freshest local seafood & hearty fair. Our commitment is to bring you the best product the Gulf Coast has to offer. Our courtyard, "The Trap Yard", offers local, live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach - Best Restaurants in Bradenton ›
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (74)special occasion (54)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (35)romantic (29)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (14)good for groups (12)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Always the best!!NanciVIPDined on 9/25/2014i go here every time I am in town. Service is the best , food is even better. New presentation of smoked fish appetizer was incredible. The best resturant on every island in the area!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, So so foodSmakDined on 9/24/2014Beautiful old house with great outdoor bar. My fish was way overcooked and dry. They did offer to prepare another filet for me. Hush puppies were outstanding. Prices were a bit high.Special Features:
- A Must Dine!kkuryliwDined on 9/21/2014Having read through other reviews, the general consensus was that this was one of the fine gems of Bradenton Beach. My wife and I had our 2nd anniversary dinner there late on a Sunday night, so there were very few others dining with us providing a nice quiet atmosphere. Despite the time, our server was very enthusiastic and welcoming. We began with the garlic shrimp and a special of the day appetizer with scallops and pulled pork, both delicious. Our main courses were a special half-chicken with mashed pecan sweet potatoes and I had their seafood risotto. The chicken and sweet potatoes were excellent, really great flavor. Likewise the risotto had great flavor, but was somewhat limited on the amount of seafood. All in all, a fine experience!Special Features:
- Never disappoints...NY2ParrishFoodiesDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dining experience. Each course and the wine was great. It was a bit on the noisy side when revelers who were outdoor dining came into the restaurant. But, that aside, it was a wonderful evening. The hog snapper was fantastic and our guests really enjoyed the shrimp egg rolls that started the meal as well as the key lime creme brûlée that finished it off!Special Features:
- Repeat customerluvfreshfoodDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Blue Marlin numerous times. The food is outstanding. The problem is choosing what to have. The fish is a given, it is fresh, as in, just caught. I have had just about all the sides and starters and they are wonderful. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great experience all aroundjmclmacDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely the best food, brussels to die for, good beer and wine list, and fantastic seafood! Love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not excellentUKtravellerDined on 9/16/2014Great food but let down by the small portion of toast with the excellent garlic shrimp and the omission of the rice and peas from one dish. The fresh fish was excellent. Attention to detail will achieve a grade five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Marlinout2eatDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I dined at the Blue Marlin for the first time and loved the location- so close to the beach! The ambiance was warm and cozy but many of the tables are very close together. We loved the spicy shrimp appetizer which came with a delicious dipping sauce. We both ordered the Black grouper; the fish was fresh but the flavors of the overall dish was bland. The service was good; our waiter was attentive and offered recommendations for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Island GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful dining experience every time we go, the staff, the food and the whole dinning experience is exceptional. Great jobSpecial Features:
- Delicious local seafoodthehungryhumanVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the few places we found around Anna Maria/Bradenton Beach serving locally caught seafood. It was delicious with above average preparation and service. You can't go wrong by dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience. will go again!localreviewerDined on 9/5/2014Food was great. I had the Mediterranean grouper. my mom and her friend had the pecan crusted. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely return. my mother appreciated the option for a smaller portion. very nice touch! location is great for a walk before or after and ambiance inside the restaurant captured the beach and water. Our server was very nice and attentive. We went early in the day, off season, so the restaurant wasn't crowded and noise level was low. It is a small place so might be a bit louder when crowded. I will definitely come here again with friends and family. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Once again another good meal. Loved the brussel sprouts, shared by the table. The hog fish was excellent, three of us raved. Two others had shrimp and grits and loved them. One diner had the smoked fish appetizer and throughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent!!! We were a party of 4 and were seated in a booth in the back corner. the restaurant is very small and there was a very loud group dining at the same time as us. It was hard for us to hear each other talking. That is our only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fish ChowderJKMCSMVIPDined on 8/30/2014I've eaten here numerous times and it's always very good. Try the fish chowder. It's awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLaurieDined on 8/27/2014Another awesome meal. Thank you BM Crew. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- winendineDined on 8/26/2014Excellent. Can't believe that I waited so long to patronize this restaurant. Will definitely return!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCCoDined on 8/25/2014Great food, cute atmosphere and well known to residents of the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly waitressesLouisjrDined on 8/22/2014Had the southern scallops and Thai style fresh black grouper both were excellent. Fish entered have two different portions and prices so if you want a small portion it's a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentsPhillipsfoodDined on 8/20/2014Freshest seafood available. Charming small restaurant. We have been twice and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening!mickonrunVIPDined on 8/17/2014From the outside the place looks very small but it is spacious inside and the tables are not crowded. Menu has great variety and the prices are reasonable. The meal started with a small complimentary bowl of steamed edemame. We ordered the smoked fish dip for an appetizer. It was delicious and packed into a mini mason jar. Two fish dinners were ordered. One was the evening special and the other was recommended by our server. All of the food we ordered was delicious and the presentation was above and beyond. My only complaint was that the food came out so quickly that we were not at the restaurant very long to dine. By the way, they only serve beer and wine, but the selection was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikkieDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful, we had table for two and sat up against the wall. There was a small empty area where there where a family of eight dining. So that it felt we where with this party of eight only seperated by a smal area. They were a loud family, by the end of the meal you could almost tell who was who. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and .........oh well, food was wonderful had a great desert and left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid foodMJH144UBRDined on 8/16/2014Dined at the Blue Marlin for a special occasion - a quiet celebration of my brother's 70th birthday. The food was very good - interesting flavours and combinations (ie scallops with pulled pork; key lime crème brulee), the ingredients were fresh, the food cooked perfectly and beautifully presented. The wine list provided a range of options, was reasonably priced and many were available by the glass. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There is a golf cart service to off-site parking car was greatly appreciated. Other reviewers have grumbled about prices - ignore them. You are getting high quality food at thoroughly reasonable prices. And, it is one of the few restaurants on AMI where you can actually make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have enjoyed the BM for years. Fantastic food!!! The smoked Mullet dip is to die for. Thanks Blue Marlin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Florida seafoodlovegoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014Brought our kids with us and they were welcomed at the table with little bowls of goldfish crackers, a personal and adorable touch! Being floridans ourselves we wanted just a good seafood meal and we got the plus good service and great atmosphere. My husband had the Cortez boil, he loved it! I had grouper ful ford - great flavor and fresh grouper. My daughter had kid size shrimp an grits which she loved and my son had steamed clams and hush puppies which were excellent! All in all a great place for a special vacation dinner. It's not a big place so I definitely recommend reservations. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids Mac and Cheese is to die for..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Loved this restaurant. We ( my hubby, eleven yr old daughter and myself ) celebrated my birthday dinner and was greeted by Kelsey. She was very nice with presenting us with complimentary champagne. My daughter ordered from a good choice kids menu the smoked gouda and cheddar mac and cheese. It was sooooo creamy and delish. I think I may have eaten more than she did. Lol. My husband ordered one of the chefs speacials, the Pecan Grouper. Was very pleasant and not overly nutty. It was served with rice and beans. I ordered the Thai Red Snapper. It was served with julienne veggies. I took home the Guiness Chocolate Cake. I didnt like it as much. Would dine here again with or without children. Very accommodating for either. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 8/8/2014First time at the restaurant and the food was wonderful. Server a bit hap hazzard, knocked 2 bottles over on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re booked alreadyTheToxtethterrorDined on 8/2/2014We chose a night when they had run a benefit event earlier in the day which resulted in a reduction in the food offering. It was for a very worthy cause but it meant we were a little restricted.. However, great food and excellent service. We did say when we booked that we would like to be outside to enjoy the live music but we were placed inside which is why there are not 5 stars.Special Features:
- Small restaurant with amazing foodCharliDined on 8/2/2014What fun to arrive at the restaurant via golf cart from their parking lot. We had 7:30 reservations and just a short wait. Great menu. We ordered the wahoo and it was prepared to perfection. This night was a special treat for my friend and had ordered a cupcake or small birthday cake with candle. We were both surprised when the wonderful staff arrived at the table singing happy birthday carrying the best key lime brûlée we had ever tasted. A candle included of course. Friendly staff, great service and awesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine list and service!NY2ParrishFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We'd been looking for a new spot for fresh seafood and Blue Marlin is a great find. Each course was met with, 'wow, this is GOOD!'. The fact that they had wines from small vineyards including Napa's Priest Ranch- a personal favorite- also makes it a special place. It will be our new go-to when we're up for an evening out for a really special meal.Special Features:
- Food was very good, service was OK.ParadiseLivingDined on 7/29/2014Over all very good experience. Everyone had a nice time. They kept the water glasses full and checked on us on a regular basis. Our Waiter was not the best, but very nice. He brought salads, but forgot to put order in for soup. Also one person ordered a small size and he did not mark on order, received full size at full size price. Casual beach dining. Great wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningamobamandaDined on 7/28/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful evening with delicious food. Fresh, fresh fish and great service from Devinne & Mallory. Great decor and an interesting wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- True Florida Seafood RestaurantfloridanativeDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I are native Floridians, meaning we have high standards for eating out on the Gulf Coast since we can go anytime. The Blue Marlin meant our expectations and beyond. I had the fresh Grouper brushed with flour sauteed, cooked to perfection and it really did taste like it was caught the day. My husband had the Snapper which he also loved. Eclectic wine and desert menu, topped off with French Press coffees customized to our liking, strong. Staff were friendly yet professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LoveToGoOutDined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful meal and enjoyable experience. Parking is hard to come by on the island so they shuttle you back & forth to their lot in a golf cart. Greeted and seated right away (had a reservation), server was attentive but not overly so, nice wine selection and perfectly prepared fresh local fish. Can choose a smaller or larger portion for entrees, which is nice if you're ordering starters or have a smaller appetite. Very small restaurant so need a reservation. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- FreshDined on 7/26/2014Fresh catch of red snapper & black grouper was delicious. The shrimp and grits were yummy and the hush puppies reminded me of my aunt's recipe. We enjoyed a glass of wine & music out back on the deck which they call "The Trap Yard". It was a nice touch a good band was playing that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Blue Marlin is a favorite spot for great wine and fish. This is where I go to get a great salad with Groper to top it off. Corn Bread is good with a meal but special for desert.Special Features:
- Amazing Fresh FishLaurieDined on 7/23/2014Great Wine, Great Food, Great Service. This is a restaurant you do not want to miss when on ANna Maria Island ;)Special Features:
- mombatmombatDined on 7/21/2014Excellent meal to celebrate a birthday. We both had the Thai grouper and enjoyed it. However, your desserts are spectacular. My friend had the Guinness chocolate cake and I loved the key lime creme brulee. The dessert portions were very large and filling. I could taste the real, fresh, local ingredients in all your food. We would definitely eat at Blue Marlin if we return to the area.Special Features:
- Better than expectedNestorDined on 7/19/2014After reading many reviews from bad to excellent I decided to give it a try. On line reservation worked, food was excellent, environment was very good as well as the attention. My wife and friends are very picky and to see them enjoy pretty much everything was a joy for me. We got there at 9pm and did not know that the kitchen close at 10pm as well as the music. We where inside so the music/noise was not an issue. I did found it to be on the high side on price. We paid US$198 for a party of five that included only four beers. We were all impressed with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- shcranespalDined on 7/19/2014You won't find a fresher catch and tastier main dishes anywhere on AMI. A bit pricey, but great dinner!Special Features:
- Great every time we've been hereChattygalVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten here twice and both experiences were great. One night we ate at the bar -- we did not have a reservation -- and had a delightful meal and conversation at the bar. Our most recent experience was great: good wine and a delicious meal. The parking was a little frustrating but, as it turns out, they have a golf cart that will follow you over to their lot which is just a block or two away. It worked out fine once we called and got instructions.Special Features: