Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
121 Bridge St
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bluemarlinami.com/
- Phone: 9418969737x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer Live Local music outside in our courtyard on Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 weather permitting. Check our website & facebook for special events
- Cross Street: Gulf Drive
- Public Transit: There is a trolley stop at the beach end of Bridge St that requires a short walk East & the trolley runs until 10:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: if you cant find a parking spot on Bridge St please pull to the front door & wait for the golf cart to show you our parking lot. We will bring you back & forth to your car. There is a public lot across the street at the Post Office, just don"t use the handicap spot unless you have appropriate documentation.
A word from Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
Located in an original 1920,s cottage on historic Bridge St , the Blue Marlin is dedicated to serving only the freshest local seafood & hearty fair. Our commitment is to bring you the best product the Gulf Coast has to offer. Our courtyard, "The Trap Yard", offers local, live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach - Best Restaurants in Bradenton ›
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (75)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (35)romantic (28)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, cute atmosphere and well known to residents of the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly waitressesLouisjrDined on 8/22/2014Had the southern scallops and Thai style fresh black grouper both were excellent. Fish entered have two different portions and prices so if you want a small portion it's a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentsPhillipsfoodDined on 8/20/2014Freshest seafood available. Charming small restaurant. We have been twice and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening!mickonrunVIPDined on 8/17/2014From the outside the place looks very small but it is spacious inside and the tables are not crowded. Menu has great variety and the prices are reasonable. The meal started with a small complimentary bowl of steamed edemame. We ordered the smoked fish dip for an appetizer. It was delicious and packed into a mini mason jar. Two fish dinners were ordered. One was the evening special and the other was recommended by our server. All of the food we ordered was delicious and the presentation was above and beyond. My only complaint was that the food came out so quickly that we were not at the restaurant very long to dine. By the way, they only serve beer and wine, but the selection was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikkieDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful, we had table for two and sat up against the wall. There was a small empty area where there where a family of eight dining. So that it felt we where with this party of eight only seperated by a smal area. They were a loud family, by the end of the meal you could almost tell who was who. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and .........oh well, food was wonderful had a great desert and left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Dined at the Blue Marlin for a special occasion - a quiet celebration of my brother's 70th birthday. The food was very good - interesting flavours and combinations (ie scallops with pulled pork; key lime crème brulee), the ingredients were fresh, the food cooked perfectly and beautifully presented. The wine list provided a range of options, was reasonably priced and many were available by the glass. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There is a golf cart service to off-site parking car was greatly appreciated. Other reviewers have grumbled about prices - ignore them. You are getting high quality food at thoroughly reasonable prices. And, it is one of the few restaurants on AMI where you can actually make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have enjoyed the BM for years. Fantastic food!!! The smoked Mullet dip is to die for. Thanks Blue Marlin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids Mac and Cheese is to die for..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Loved this restaurant. We ( my hubby, eleven yr old daughter and myself ) celebrated my birthday dinner and was greeted by Kelsey. She was very nice with presenting us with complimentary champagne. My daughter ordered from a good choice kids menu the smoked gouda and cheddar mac and cheese. It was sooooo creamy and delish. I think I may have eaten more than she did. Lol. My husband ordered one of the chefs speacials, the Pecan Grouper. Was very pleasant and not overly nutty. It was served with rice and beans. I ordered the Thai Red Snapper. It was served with julienne veggies. I took home the Guiness Chocolate Cake. I didnt like it as much. Would dine here again with or without children. Very accommodating for either. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 8/8/2014First time at the restaurant and the food was wonderful. Server a bit hap hazzard, knocked 2 bottles over on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re booked alreadyTheToxtethterrorDined on 8/2/2014We chose a night when they had run a benefit event earlier in the day which resulted in a reduction in the food offering. It was for a very worthy cause but it meant we were a little restricted.. However, great food and excellent service. We did say when we booked that we would like to be outside to enjoy the live music but we were placed inside which is why there are not 5 stars.Special Features:
- Small restaurant with amazing foodCharliDined on 8/2/2014What fun to arrive at the restaurant via golf cart from their parking lot. We had 7:30 reservations and just a short wait. Great menu. We ordered the wahoo and it was prepared to perfection. This night was a special treat for my friend and had ordered a cupcake or small birthday cake with candle. We were both surprised when the wonderful staff arrived at the table singing happy birthday carrying the best key lime brûlée we had ever tasted. A candle included of course. Friendly staff, great service and awesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine list and service!NY2ParrishFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We'd been looking for a new spot for fresh seafood and Blue Marlin is a great find. Each course was met with, 'wow, this is GOOD!'. The fact that they had wines from small vineyards including Napa's Priest Ranch- a personal favorite- also makes it a special place. It will be our new go-to when we're up for an evening out for a really special meal.Special Features:
- Food was very good, service was OK.ParadiseLivingDined on 7/29/2014Over all very good experience. Everyone had a nice time. They kept the water glasses full and checked on us on a regular basis. Our Waiter was not the best, but very nice. He brought salads, but forgot to put order in for soup. Also one person ordered a small size and he did not mark on order, received full size at full size price. Casual beach dining. Great wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningamobamandaDined on 7/28/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful evening with delicious food. Fresh, fresh fish and great service from Devinne & Mallory. Great decor and an interesting wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- True Florida Seafood RestaurantfloridanativeDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I are native Floridians, meaning we have high standards for eating out on the Gulf Coast since we can go anytime. The Blue Marlin meant our expectations and beyond. I had the fresh Grouper brushed with flour sauteed, cooked to perfection and it really did taste like it was caught the day. My husband had the Snapper which he also loved. Eclectic wine and desert menu, topped off with French Press coffees customized to our liking, strong. Staff were friendly yet professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LoveToGoOutDined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful meal and enjoyable experience. Parking is hard to come by on the island so they shuttle you back & forth to their lot in a golf cart. Greeted and seated right away (had a reservation), server was attentive but not overly so, nice wine selection and perfectly prepared fresh local fish. Can choose a smaller or larger portion for entrees, which is nice if you're ordering starters or have a smaller appetite. Very small restaurant so need a reservation. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- FreshDined on 7/26/2014Fresh catch of red snapper & black grouper was delicious. The shrimp and grits were yummy and the hush puppies reminded me of my aunt's recipe. We enjoyed a glass of wine & music out back on the deck which they call "The Trap Yard". It was a nice touch a good band was playing that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Blue Marlin is a favorite spot for great wine and fish. This is where I go to get a great salad with Groper to top it off. Corn Bread is good with a meal but special for desert.Special Features:
- Amazing Fresh FishLaurieDined on 7/23/2014Great Wine, Great Food, Great Service. This is a restaurant you do not want to miss when on ANna Maria Island ;)Special Features:
- mombatmombatDined on 7/21/2014Excellent meal to celebrate a birthday. We both had the Thai grouper and enjoyed it. However, your desserts are spectacular. My friend had the Guinness chocolate cake and I loved the key lime creme brulee. The dessert portions were very large and filling. I could taste the real, fresh, local ingredients in all your food. We would definitely eat at Blue Marlin if we return to the area.Special Features:
- Better than expectedNestorDined on 7/19/2014After reading many reviews from bad to excellent I decided to give it a try. On line reservation worked, food was excellent, environment was very good as well as the attention. My wife and friends are very picky and to see them enjoy pretty much everything was a joy for me. We got there at 9pm and did not know that the kitchen close at 10pm as well as the music. We where inside so the music/noise was not an issue. I did found it to be on the high side on price. We paid US$198 for a party of five that included only four beers. We were all impressed with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- shcranespalDined on 7/19/2014You won't find a fresher catch and tastier main dishes anywhere on AMI. A bit pricey, but great dinner!Special Features:
- Great every time we've been hereChattygalDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten here twice and both experiences were great. One night we ate at the bar -- we did not have a reservation -- and had a delightful meal and conversation at the bar. Our most recent experience was great: good wine and a delicious meal. The parking was a little frustrating but, as it turns out, they have a golf cart that will follow you over to their lot which is just a block or two away. It worked out fine once we called and got instructions.Special Features:
- Favorite place to eat here.IslandtonerDined on 7/16/2014Hands down the place place to eat on the island for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RtrfoodieDined on 7/12/2014The yellow fin tuna was the absolute freshest I have ever had. Melted in my mouth. The Key Lime creme brûlée was divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Have enjoyed the BM many times. they have great food and the whole staff is friendly. Smoked fish dip is killer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, fresh seafood!LaurDined on 7/11/2014This could become my favorite restaurant. The parking shuttle got us off to a good start -- no hassle! I love the casual look of the place an the friendly staff. Seafood was fresh and delicious. GLT Grouper sandwich was a hit and my thai prepped Grouper was very good. Staff was friendly, server was prompt and it made for an easy dinner on a crowded island night. We were very glad to have made reservations -- it's a busy place but we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual local findFlaLion1960Dined on 7/11/2014Great food, service was excellent, the staff was awesome! Will venture back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect dining experiencemwfloridaDined on 7/11/2014This is a great spot for fresh fish. The restaurant has a hip cottage-beachy feel. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Had a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent fish dinners. staff is very friendly and attentive. Our third visit and we will definite return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As fresh as it get!FlgirlDined on 7/8/2014The owner personally selects the fresh fish that was caught that day. We had the two grouper specials. They were tender, flavorful, and prepared wonderfully. The service was great; the waiter knew what he was talking about and his recommendations were good. Great dinning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMegbd17VIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant is quaint and casual with beer and wine service. The decor and atmosphere was so cute. All of our party 7 of us were extremely pleased with our selections. The kids ate all of their seafood as well too! Definitely recommend the oyster chowder and Thai snapper!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014This is a nice restaurant with a good menu, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in every aspect.DinnerForTwoDined on 6/30/2014Honestly, everything was simply wonderful. The cutest restaurant. Extremely wonderful staff. Food was fantastic and very fresh. We were there while a very bad storm was going on and the staff took the time to reassure me that all was fine.Special Features:
- WeekendGetawayerDined on 6/27/2014Overall experience was about a 3.0. Reservations were right on time, but we sat right by the front door, so there was constant traffic. My wife and I were surprised that they did not serve pre-meal bread, but rather seasoned edemame... We hate edemame. The smoked Bbq chic wings were a bit dry. The local fresh catch of black grouper and American Red snapper was very fresh. The picatta sauce was well made. My blackened fish Alfredo was ok. Sauce was a bit thin and served over spaghetti. Would have preferred a linguine or an angel hair... but it did come with a garlic baguette slice. Salad of greens with rasp vinaigrette, crumbled Bleu cheese was delicious. Service was pleasant but seemed distracted and forgetful.
- great service and even better food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Surprise find!! Unique menu choices ....as well as the wine choices. Service and atmosphere made for a very relaxing experience. We decided to dine here twice on our 7 day vacation. The second time they were very busy and the owner ended up waiting on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okay . . .GoodFoodRulesDined on 6/21/2014for the high prices. Twenty nine dollars for a small piece of grouper, lacking in flavor, with a minuscule hush puppy, and not even a piece of bread. Waitstaff acted like it was a bother to serve us. Especially when I asked for recommendations. I rather have dinner where my wife and I are treated as an equal, as opposed to lower than a snooty waitress. It was interesting because she was selected to train an nice young lady that evening. The owner should hire a consultant to correct attitudes. By the way, I rarely take the time to write reviews.
- Great Birthday venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Friendly folks, gourmet menu, very fresh fish, super casual.Special Features:
- We came back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Visited for the first time in 2012 and couldn't wait to get again this time around. Food is excellent! Peach and tomato salad? Who knew that would be the find of the night. Even came back the next night for takeout! Our server was very attentive and fun too! Thanks Blue Marlin for making our visit worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & FantasticMcFarmFoodie11Dined on 6/19/2014As promised, the fresh fish was the star of Blue Marlin's menu. They were featuring both Red Snapper and Grouper the evening we dined, and our party of 7 chose a mix of their three signature styles -- Piccata, Fulford, and Thai. All were well-received, all were delicious. The side dishes were excellent as well. We highly recommend the brussel sprouts and the cornbread. Perhaps eclipsing the entire meal was the surprising Bread Pudding for dessert, with a caramel sauce that just dared you to lick the plate. In all, a wonderful meal, and excellent service. Be warned - parking is tricky. On a Thursday evening there was absolutely no parking available. Thankfully, Blue Marlin has a clever pseudo-valet system that worked rather efficiently.Special Features: