Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
121 Bridge St
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bluemarlinami.com/
- Phone: (941) 896-9737
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer Live Local music outside in our courtyard on Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 weather permitting. Check our website & facebook for special events
- Cross Street: Gulf Drive
- Public Transit: There is a trolley stop at the beach end of Bridge St that requires a short walk East & the trolley runs until 10:00.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: if you cant find a parking spot on Bridge St please pull to the front door & wait for the golf cart to show you our parking lot. We will bring you back & forth to your car. There is a public lot across the street at the Post Office, just don"t use the handicap spot unless you have appropriate documentation.
A word from Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach
Located in an original 1920,s cottage on historic Bridge St , the Blue Marlin is dedicated to serving only the freshest local seafood & hearty fair. Our commitment is to bring you the best product the Gulf Coast has to offer. Our courtyard, "The Trap Yard", offers local, live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach - Best Restaurants in Bradenton ›
Blue Marlin - Bradenton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (34)notable wine list (23)romantic (19)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (12)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FoodieDined on 5/31/2014Excellent neighborhood find. Great to have front door valet via golf cart. Wonderful fish and local charm. one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishRikkyDined on 5/30/2014Great, locally caught, fresh fish! Yum, yum, yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOrangesDined on 5/28/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Cozy atmosphere, friendly service and amazing food. The shrimp & grits is delicious! I plan on returning as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for fresh catchYumeFishDined on 5/25/2014This was the best fresh fish on the island. A great selection, and prepared perfectly. We will be back again next year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great for seafood and the brussels sprouts are addictive!Special Features:
- WonderfulJudeeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Loved your food. Linguini was fabulous! Took my out of town guests to your cute restaurant & they absolutely loved it! Service was great too! Can you publish daily specials on your website? Would like to know when you have hog snapper....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014Very good food, I always get the chicken thighs and love them, good band playing outside.Special Features:
- Best Seafood ChowderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014This little restaurant is awesome... I've eaten there 5 or 6 times and always try to go when I'm close.Special Features:
- Great island dining.EllaDined on 5/22/2014The Blue Marlin is small but is charming since it is located inside a 1920's cottage with a bright blue exterior. Tucked away on Bridge St. on Bradenton Beach it is very popular with vacationers as well as locals. The seafood is fresh - right off the local fishing boats and prepared in very creative ways. The cauliflower au gratin appetizer is extraordinary!! Try the key lime crème brulee for dessert. WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the charts excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This is our go to place when we are down in AMI.Special Features:
- Two very enjoyable eveningsMindTheGapDined on 5/16/2014We've been on holiday in Anna Maria and enjoyed our dinner at the Blue Marlin so much on our first visit we came back again during our stay. The service and the food were superb and we will certainly be back when we visit Anna Maria again. We particularly like the live music in the Trap Yard.Special Features:
- new favorite dining spotJuliefromOCDined on 5/16/2014Amazing dinner spot! My group of 6 sat outside fit an early dinner and all of us loved this restaurant. We were vacationing and unfortunately found this little gem on out last night, otherwise would have been back for several other meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue MarilinKarenSVIPDined on 5/13/2014Another great meal, love this place..well thought out, good menu, good service...love it!Special Features:
- Underrated gemMilktoastedDined on 5/11/2014Best restaurant on the island. Fantastic food. Perfect blend of Southern comfort foods and seafood (try the scallop/pulled pork appetizer. Oh. My. God.), without being the slightest bit pretentious. Staff are fantastic. Atmosphere is relaxed, island-style. AND, live bluegrass music! What the heck?! Best. Restaurant. EVER! So, please don't go too often, because I don't want to wait in line. :)Special Features:
- One of our new favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The service was perfect. She didn't forget us or hover. Our server gave us recommendations as this was our first time dining here and the food was excellent. Our daughter loved the blackened fish alfredo. We will definitely be back with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughSeekingScrumptiousDined on 5/2/2014We made a pact with neighbors to spice up our weekly movie and dinner date by finding a new restaurant every week for two months. We take turns picking both the movie and the restaurant. This is an adventure I recommend heartily because it leads to finds like the Blue Marlin. Like most beach venues, the place is unpretentious and casual, but also small, cozy, and quiet. Plus it boasts an interesting menu, a nice wine list, and a knowledgeable and attentive staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the seared scallops on a bed of risotto with asparagus. One of our companions ordered shrimp on a bed of cheesy grits, the other had grouper with seasoned rice. The French influence was evident in each dish. A reprise is definitely in our future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want seperate checks? Don't ask!!OljimDined on 5/2/2014Had been there previously and liked it a lot. Brought 2 other couples this time and everything was fine until the server brought our check and had not followed our earlier instructions for 3 separate checks. She became very rude even as far as to say they "rarely have such request" and that their "computer system was old" and made it very difficult to do separate checks and it messed the kitchen up blah, blah, blah!! Have not had this issue with a restaurant in years but the server and manager (?) attitude was just uncalled for. None of us will go back....plenty of places on AMI that have no issue splitting checks!!Special Features:
- A KeepercgsilverworksDined on 4/30/2014Great food....great wine....friendly attentive staff...unique food offering overseen by chef and the owner...how can it get any better than that....the reservation system works great and the confirmation by email is a plus.....our first visit and we really like the place...will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!VinceDined on 4/29/2014Not our first time at Blue Marlin. The food is fresh and expertly prepared. Service is excellent. Jill was fabulous. If you are in the area, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly serviceRitaMDined on 4/28/2014The food is one of the best around in this area. Quirky place with good ambiance. Friendly helpful staffSpecial Features:
- Favorite Resturant on AMIFishfanaticDined on 4/26/2014Great fresh seafood, nice atmosphere a little on the rustic side. We have yet to be disappointed. Only the freshest of fish served so the menu may change daily depending what is was caught that day. Very quiet even sitting next to a table of 6. The Wait staff are attentive not overbearing and proud of their offerings as they should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new job celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had a Saturday evening date night to celebrate my new job. Blue Marlin lived up to its reputation....awesome food and service. It's a hidden gem in Bradenton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Once again we had a delicious dinner at Blue Marlin. The service was great and staff was very friendly. We look forward to dining there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticbrokenpaletteDined on 4/22/2014The food was outstanding and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014great atmosphere in a very quaint old time seaside setting. Eclectic menu , small initmate newly designed room setting.Special Features:
- outstandingjanjan1Dined on 4/17/2014we were 5 people - restaurant was absolutely full due to dining unavailable outside because of rain. They were very accomodating. Scallop Risoto was heaven. Blue cheese salad was fantastic and the cobie fish was delicious. We had a great time and would definitely recommend. Must make a recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!CarrieDined on 4/17/20142 adults & 2 teens dined here. We all enjoyed the shrimp roll apps and our dinners. Shrimp & Grits were great. Snapper was yummy. Shrimp alfredo was delicious. Grouper was also a great choice!Special Features:
- Fresh fish and top notch service!buffalocitylineDined on 4/16/2014The Blue Marlin is a great new find for us, after visiting AMI for 15 years. The atmosphere is authentic, they have solved the parking problem on Bridge Street with the golf cart, and the service with Kelsey and Devon is outstanding! Cobra, snapper, grouper all prepared well and creatively. Husband says clams best he's ever had.Special Features:
- Amazing AgainLaurieDined on 4/14/2014Thank you for another great dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality fish lovely ambianceMalibuangeDined on 4/14/2014Fresh fish tasted great, lovely environment and friendly service. This was our best eating experience in Anna Maria, where to be frank, restaurants are generally very over rated and inconsistent. Many rely on their location. This restaurant is a proper good eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2014Good food but overpriced. We had a larger group and were seated in the back near the bar and kitchen so it was very noisy. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic seafoodNomNomDined on 4/12/2014We were in Anna Maria for a birthday beach weekend and visited Blue Marlin on a friend's recommendation. The service was quick and attentive, and the quality of the seafood was really noteworthy. We ordered the scallops for an appetizer, and they were the meatiest, best-prepared scallops I've ever eaten -- no hint of rubbery texture. I had the local catch, snapper, prepared Thai style: incredible flavor, fairly generous portion. The "noodle salad" served with the fish was actually julienned vegetables and made for a nice light accompaniment. We also shared the bread pudding for dessert, which I am now on a mission to replicate. I would definitely suggest this for a special occasion or for people seeking high-quality, locally-caught seafood.Special Features:
- Excellent outdoor dining and musicur1oDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant is an amazing little gem close to the main beach spots. We were sitting outside on the porch in the back yard. The service was amazing and the fish was excellent. It is a very small place, and easily overcrowded, I doubt we would have gotten a table without reservation. If you want to enjoy the place, go early, it got very full after the band started around prime dinner time 7:30. Our daughter had a great time outside, playing with the resident cat called blue. Use their free parking shuttle for hassle free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste but not loadedComfyshoesDined on 4/10/2014If you want bread, large portions and a good amount of fat with your meal don't plan on getting it at The Blue Marlin. Service was excellent starting with the golf cart assisted parking. Our server was the right blend of attention, Food came reasaonably quick, light on the sauce and dressings, nicely presented, fresh and portions that didn't overfill. We ate outside where it was more than just a bunch of tables on a deck. Although it is not located on the water there is a pier nearby and after dining you can go for a stroll and you get your fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014We loved The Blue Marlin! Everybody at the table loved the fresh seafood. I had the Black Grouper and it was wonderful. Our friends were delayed and they let us sit for quite a while to wait for them. Excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning customersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We enjoy the small restaurant atmosphere, with an excellent menu and great service. It's a little hard to park but they shuttle you around in a golf cart, so it isn't a problem. The fish is excellent. We go once or twice a season and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome As AlwaysNeighbor2AMIDined on 4/9/2014Great service and always great food! Anna Maria Island must stop spot....for a night out and great seafood or just music, appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- Best seafood everLive2fishDined on 4/7/2014The blue marlin has the freshest seafood I've had in any restaraunt. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The casual coastal ambience is truly out of coastal living magazine. A must if your in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adorable!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2014This is a really cute small restaurant . Loved the decor, very nautical. It has great photos of people with fish. They had caught. The food was very good but the service was slow.Special Features:
- Fresh Fresh FishLaurieDined on 4/7/2014Thank you for your great food and service. This is an island gem. A must visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.