431 Central Avenue
Dover, NH 03820Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluelatitudes.net/
- Phone: (603) 750-4222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Gage
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Blue Latitudes function room can seat up to 38 and our main dining room can seat up to 60 for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kate 6037504222x
A word from Blue Latitudes
Blue Latitudes is a full service restaurant celebrating "downeast" American cuisine with twist. We are open seven days a week, at lunch from 11:30 on Tuesday through Saturday and from 4 pm on Sundays and 5 pm on Mondays for dinner only. Blue Latitudes features daily specials and a full service bar with many fine beers, wines, and spirits. Our martinis are some of the best in the seacoast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Latitudes reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OkayBluefinDined on 11/5/2014Service and ambiance were great. Seems like a popular local spot. The food was OK but nothing to rave about
- DinnerhungrymainersDined on 11/1/2014Went with friends as a thank you. The duck entrée and ahi tuna were delicious. The bread pudding dessert was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Latitudes is delicious!McDannyDined on 10/25/2014We found Blue Latitudes food (Chicken Picatta, Burger, Nachos) to be fantastic! The atmosphere was very hip wiith exposed brick and low keyed lighting. Our server was attentive and quick to bring our items. A very nice place that will surely see my wife, son and me again.Special Features:
- Great Place!!carguyDined on 10/25/2014Awesome place! Go there all of the time because service, food and atmosphere is always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014First time dining at this restaurant. Food was great and waitress was good. I ordered a southern comfort manhattan and waitress came back and said only lime flavored was available. Food and beverage manager needs to stock the bar correctly. Filet of beef was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!JFOkieDined on 10/20/2014Four of us went to Blue Latitudes the other night for dinner and it was amazing! I'm a lover of seafood so I ordered the scallops and it was the best scallop dinner that I have ever had. In fact, the four of us shared our meals with each other so that everyone could experience each meal. In addition to the scallops, we had a seafood dinner plate (amazing), steak medallions (perfect), and pasta with spicy chicken that was fantastic! Desert was next and was just as great as the meal. A pecan turnover/pie with vanilla ice-cream and apple crisp with vanilla ice-cream were enough for the four of us. Again, the food was amazing!Special Features:
- What happened to my favorite dish?SueJDined on 8/6/2014I have been dining at Blue Latitudes for years and have always ordered the seared ahi tuna salad. I love this salad and have never found another one to match the one I get here. However, I was disappointed with my order on my last visit. The greens did not seem as fresh, the tuna was still good quality, but it tasted as though it had been prepared and left to sit too long before serving. My companions enjoyed their meals - but did not feel they were exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Blue Latitudes reviews archive.
- Yummy dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I recently dined at Blue Latitudes to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband ordered from the menu (beef tournedos) and I ordered a special with scallops, shrimp, andouille sausage, pasta and sauce. Both were delicious! We haven't been to Blue Latitudes in a couple of years and will definitely be back soon. Half-price bottle of wine on Wednesday night added to a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightElGringoDined on 7/18/2014Relaxed atmosphere, excellent service and food. We had the sweet potato chip appetizer along with some margaritas - nice. The main course of sirloin tips with mushroom sauce and crab-stuffed shrimp was one of the best meals I have had this year. Rissoto was very very good. excellent dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingbadexp0Dined on 6/28/2014We went to Blue Latitudes to celebrate a birthday dinner with friends from NJ. It was a relatively warm night and the AC wasn't on. Portions for the Land Lubber's special and chicken piccata were very small. The appetizer and Demi-salad looked like something you'd get off the children's menu at FRIENDLY'S. The bar ran out of the wine we had ordered-your basic Pinot Grigio that was on the menu. A very unpleasant experience overall. We won't be returning to Blue Latitudes again.
- Best since BostononamissionDined on 6/27/2014My girlfriend and I came here to celebrate 5 years together. We had another place in mind but after we compared reviews we picked Blue Latitudes. We had never heard of the place before. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a very elegant bar and comfortable dining area. We chose a booth and there was plenty of room. The server, Chelsea, made us feel very comfortable and was very personable. The food...OMG...we haven't had this quality of food since we had some fine dining in Boston for my birthday in December. We live nearby in Maine and we have been on a search for quality dining without having to travel Portsmouth or Portland. Our compliments to the owners, management, staff and especially the Chef. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We arrived early for our reservation of 12 people! They got us in quickly. They food was great and came out at a nice pace. It was quiet enough even with other large parties present where we could all hear each other. A great time overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainFoodLover117Dined on 5/11/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant it was a horrible experience! They were understaffed and waitresses were running around like crazy people, all the tables around us had dirty dishes on them, our food was cold and took nearly 2 hours, and finally, when we asked to speak to a Manager we were made aware there wasn't one working! We will never return or recommend Blue Latitudes to anyone. Did I mention it was Mothers Day?Special Features:
- Food was tasty, but limitedFoodyVIPDined on 3/4/2014Food was tasty, but limited menu and portions too large. Wines were poor.
- Great Ambience & foodajsoDined on 2/21/2014Went here on a date at 9pm on a Friday. Not busy at all, but the bar (which is mostly separate from the dining area) was pretty noisy. It was nice though, it made the place feel more like a nighttime destination. Great drink list and great appetizers. We ordered the nachos and the plate was enormous, definitely way too much food for 2 people! I ordered the duck and my date ordered the lobster ravioli. Both were very good meals, although the duck had a bit too much compote on it. Not a big deal though, very tasty and everything was fresh and delicious. Way too full for desert but the options sounded amazing. Will be coming back for our next date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!!Reneemk79Dined on 12/28/2013Very nice place, a little hard to find in downtown dover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.