Blue Kudzu Sake
372 Depot St
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Blue Kudzu Sake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluekudzusake.com/
- Phone: 8283507790
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Mitch Fortune
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: On Sundays join us for our famous Karaoke Brunch with Bottomless Mimosas for $12.00. We serve a fusion brunch of Southern favorites.
A word from Blue Kudzu Sake
Blue Kudzu Sake Company is the fourth Micro-Sake Brewery in the entire United States. Our mission is producing high quality hand crafted Sake, as well as creating a friendly and comfortable environment where guests can learn about, and explore the fascinating world of Sake. We have a tasting room and restaurant open 6 days a week. We offer brewery tours as well as Sake education classes. Our restaurant serves up fresh made to order Pan Asian Fusion cuisine with an Appalachian twist. We strive to provide healthy and satisfying meals without the use of fryers and oils. We also have many vegan and gluten free options as well, and we use local ingredients whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Kudzu Sake reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Sake rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014First time diners here and brought our adult children. Our server was a delight. Had a "flite" of 4 sakes that set the tone for our dining experience. Will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDonBDined on 8/9/2014Great Sake, excellent food, perfect service. Highly recommend this restaurant for extra special dining experience. The Sake was wonderful and the food was prepared and presented befitting its excellent flavor. I am returning for more of the menu.Special Features:
- Beef teriyaki appetizer!SweeTeaDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner; the kids plowed through the first beef teriyaki appetizer and my 7 year old actually went up to the waiter to order a second. The dinner was very tasty; the staff were very attentive. It has a really amazing sake collection; we unfortunately are not well enough versed in sake to fully appreciate it.Special Features:
- Love the sake!CNB1VIPDined on 6/26/2014I enjoyed the flight of sake, as it gave me an opportunity to try all the house-made sake and they were good!! The food is nice; especially enjoyed the seaweed salad.
- Fantastic spot for Japanese fusionfoodieavl20Dined on 6/6/2014Best ramen bowl in town. Excellent homemade sake choices. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Blue Kudzu Sake reviews archive.
- Fun at Blue KudzuwundermintDined on 4/18/2014My first dining experience at Blue Kudzu over the weekend exceeded my expectations. I knew they had a wide variety of sake (that's an understatement!) but was not expecting all the tasty interesting food choices. We had the black tea deviled eggs which were fantastic and just the right amount of spice. The spicy tuna roll was actually incredibly spicy, unlike the kind you find at most sushi places. It was actually too much spice for me, but still tasted great. The udon noodles with seafood and mushrooms were exactly what I had been trying to find in Asheville (but had thus far always struck out). The coconut & lemongrass sake was a crowd-pleaser for us and our friends. Overall, a really fun dining choice!Special Features:
- Won't make itHappycamperDined on 4/5/2014The food was okay, ambiance was trying hard to be cool, the place was almost empty and the server broke every rule in the book. Asheville has too many other outstanding dining choices to have a disappointing experience. Unique and interesting concept to brew your own saki, but I can't imagine they'll still be there when the first batch comes out in 4 months.
- Blue Kudzu has first-rate menu!NycdiletantesVIPDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I were the only diners at lunch on Friday at Blue Kudzu in Asheville's River Arts District. The dining space is charmingly decorated, a striking difference from the theater it was in a previous life. The Asian-influenced menu had a number of enticing options. He enjoyed the cheesesteak sandwich, with a spicy Asian flair. My salad had a spicy peanut-y dressing, and was quite good. Service was very personal and pleasant. Now open for six months, I hope more locals discover Blue Kudzu - soon.Special Features:
- Fun experienceHappyDined on 3/18/2014If you haven't had a sake experience this is it. It will provide you with an appreciation for the variety and taste of fermented rice drink. And the staff make it a such a fun learning experienceSpecial Features:
- FINALLY!! A great Sake BarRaymondVIPDined on 2/15/2014Loved the variety of Sake. Loved the restaurant. Very quaint and small...but, was really made for lounging, not so much for dining...(the couches spread around was cool...and a nice sitting bar) Dining was very decent...though, as noted to the Chef, Pho could use more salt...and I would like to see Sushi on the menu too. Can't wait, as they will have their own sake brew coming soon....then the party begins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for fun, not for foodFoodiesDined on 1/26/2014Jalapeño pickles, very good. Other food, not so much. The noise level was way too high at first. Then we realized, hey this isn't for brunch, it's karaoke and had a good time listening to the singers, some of which were very good. Did not eat my food and others in my group were half-hearted about theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.