131 Broad St.
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blueincboston.com/
- Phone: 6172615353x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri Open at 11:30am
Saturday Dinner Service Begins at 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are also a Full Service Caterer on or off site
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Special Events: A Fun Cocktail Reception
Catered Business Lunches
Unique Corporate Functions
Special Events (birthday parties, bachelorette dinners, rehearsal dinners)
- Cross Street: Atlantic Ave.
- Public Transit: The nearest T stop is Aquarium on the Blue Line: Go to Atlantic Ave (facing Faneuil Hall) and take a left (toward the Boston Harbor Hotel). Once at the Boston Harbor Hotel Arch: Take a right onto Broad Street. We are on the left hand side on the first block.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is on street parking, garage and private lot parking.Parking is also available at 1 International Place Parking Garage. Entrance on Atlantic Avenue. There are 800 secured parking spots and it is located across on High St.
A word from Blue Inc.
Chef Jason Santos of Hell"s Kitchen has taken over 131 Broad Street, Boston MA to introduce his newest venture, Blue Inc. We are a vibrant, fun, creative American restaurant! We cannot wait to share what we have in store for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blue Inc. - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Blue Inc. reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Quant, Great Food, Afforable.TimmayyyyDined on 8/21/2014I found this spot in 2013 and enjoyed it so much I went back. Took a client there on August 21st and they had the windows open and outdoor seating. Space is quant, food is great and pricing was very reasonable. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Yum!BostonistaVIPDined on 8/11/2014I absolutely LOVE everything about Blue Inc. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the service is even better. I couldn't say enough about my server. She was so sweet and knowledgable. And for the food... TO DIE FOR! I could eat the ahi tuna app all day!! 5 out of 5 stars, any day of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food decently pricedpheldegressionDined on 8/1/2014The food was well cooked and came out quickly. The beer and wine list is extensive, and the cocktails offer a different twist on classics you're used to. I highly recommend the alcoholic milkshakes for desert. They are fantastic. Over all, great place to stop in for dinner, on the waterfront, within walking distance to a bunch of nightlife and hotspotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something differentluv2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014The financial district is populated primarily by pubs and carry out joints. Blue Inc is a notable exception. Has a nice non-touristy vibe, interesting cocktails, and a small but varied menu. Food is well executed. Definitely worth a visit, especially if you are staying in the area.Special Features:
- Best of the Week in BostonMichaelDined on 7/31/2014Great food and presentation. Pretty good wine list. I believe the inside ambiance, we sat outside, may have kept many diners away. It appeared as more of a bar than a restaurant. However, the chef knows what he/she is doing and of the restaurants we visited this week in Boston, this will be the one to which we will return.Special Features:
- good food and serviceTC123Dined on 7/31/2014enjoyed lunch here, we were in a hurry and the staff was very accommodating, salads with our choice of additions (tuna and avocado for me) were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Amazing in a bizarre kinda wayTNeilVIPDined on 7/29/2014The experience was so odd that it was actually amusing after a while. Have you ever asked for a bottle of wine (which they had) only to be pushed to two other options? Have you ever asked for a salad not to have cheese on it...have it come with cheese...sent it back...and then be told that the cook picked out the cheese but they would remake the salad if we wanted them to? We were a group of 6 and during the 2.5 hours in the place and there was only one other table taken (with 4 people) which made me wonder why it took forever to bring meals. Never experienced anything quite like it.
- Fantastic, differentiated foodjdcarVIPDined on 7/23/2014Ahi tuna is a great appetizer and I'll always go for the spinach salad -- both a superlative choices.Special Features:
- DisappointediggyDined on 7/18/2014With a decent Zagat rating, I had high expectations for this new supposedly 'trendy restaurant' (also according to Zagat). I did not comprehend any of the dishes that we ordered. The marriage of flavors leaves a lot to be desired...ahi tuna with mayonnaise and a huge portion of rice as an appetizer...mayonnaise + rice + ahi tuna =??? For 17$ was a disaster.The burrata cheese was tasteless and cannot compare to others I have tried in Boston restaurants and the plating was equally ?? the plate took up half the table, and now I come to the barbequed flavored muscles ?? Non of the flavors in any of the dishes made sense nor tasted good. Friday night was empty, no ambience; pricey, not worth it.
- Fabulous!AnnMDined on 7/10/2014Dinner here is always a treat. The food is amazing, and the menu changes every few months to reflect the chef's talents and freshest ingredients of the season. Todd and the staff always make sure you have a wonderful, memorable dining experience. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered GemjdcarVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great, imaginative food -- Reliable spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodfrequentdinerDined on 5/28/2014The food is excellent, service friendly and attentive without being pushy. Attractive space. Lamb with couscous a particular favorite along with salt and pepper shrimp. Do NOT miss the cast iron cookie for dessert - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchelnoxDined on 5/15/2014The food and drinks were very good, as was the service. Recommended.Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Blue Inc. reviews archive.
- Great lunch place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Went to Blue Inc. for lunch, had the bleu burger. Good turn-around time, good service, good quality.Special Features:
- good lunch in 'hip' settingchuckmac07VIPDined on 4/24/2014nice menu, well-prepared food in cool modern setting. a very nice option in the Financial District/waterfront area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert Made the MealTamieLVIPDined on 4/15/2014Overall very simple chic decor. The service was prompt and the food was expedited in a timely manner. Now the food was AMAZING!!! Especially the freshly made donuts that come with melted dark chocolate, whipped ricotta (I think) and caramel sauce. I will definitely be going there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middling ExperienceTheBigDivaVIPDined on 4/3/2014It wasn't horrible overall, but there were issues. The woman who greeted me at the door and tended bar was fine, but she somehow wasn't able to do anything about the flat diet soda I was served. My regular server was very good and she sold me on the tuna dish which was quite tasty but a very, very small portion for $26. She also recommended the donuts which were fantastic. In the end way too overpriced for what you end up receiving.
- We've been going here since openingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/26/2014Cozy, great knowledgeable staff, menu that always has Chef Jason's influence. We never regret going to Blue Inc., even with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPeterDined on 3/22/2014Our understanding is that there is a new chef and owner - and a new menu. The new menu very disappointing: quite limited; missing the favorit duck and also the lamb. We have come often, mainly for the outstanding food. We were quite disappointed this time. Blue Inc probably lost some regulars ...
- Nice evening dinnerKingDined on 3/18/2014The food was very good, and the waitstaff was friendly. There were groups of people, people at the bar - it's a small place but conversations could be heard. The restaurant was never crowded, but always busy. The only issue we had was that apparently Blue Inc. is not participating in Dine Out, which we found out after being seated and having drinks ordered. It would have been nice if they would have honored the Dine Out Deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent enough food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014Decent enough food and service but there are better options within short walking distances.
- Solid four and half starsShannonDined on 3/5/2014Very good food. Great execution. It was a quiet Tuesday night. Good slightly pushy service but probably because it was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but more importantlySquidDined on 3/5/2014Food was good, but more importantly the service was fantastic. Great recommendations from the wait staff. Smoors milkshake was as good as advertised. I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysAndarooDined on 2/22/2014With an ever changing menu, Blue Inc. always keeps me coming back to see whats new, and it is always fantastic! Highly recommended as one of the best restaurants in the financial district/faneuil hall area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviews but overall very niceseafoodloverDined on 2/21/2014The butternut squash soup was one of the best that I have ever tasted, the tuna dish was good but a bit underwhelming (needed more flavor since the crusted tuna with adjacent avocado (which was not quite ripe) was a bit bland). One of our party raved about the duck and the 'spaghetti' squash was considered very good but could have been enhanced perhaps with some grated parmesan. Our waitress was great and the ambience very nice but a bit noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Goes a Long WayShanlizbethDined on 2/20/2014my fiance and I decided to try someplace new in the city, so we went to blue. It was a cute little bar right off of Atlantic Ave, little menu, little restaurant, little table. Huge flavor! Great drinks! Wonderful service. We were truly impressed it would definitely come back, are only disappointment was at a large group was gathering around the bar and our very small table of two was right next to them. Would have been nice to sit further away from the crowd. But this is a neighborhood gem, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It you only consider the food.DanielleDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I are huge fans of Chef Santos, even been to his last restaurant opening party, you can not include just the food in a review. We went for Valentines Day/Husband's birthday. The menu was pre fixe but each course was better then the last and surpast our expectations, but the tables were so so close together you thought you were eating with the table on each side of you and my husband and I both felt that if we talked too much we were impeding on everyone else's dinner. bathrooms were dirty/ with paper towels all over the floor and in order to get there you have to use the service side of the restaurant and go near the trash...a row of black lawn and leaf looking bags that were all lined up and they smelled of foul diaper.Special Features:
- ImpressionsFoodieArchitectDined on 2/3/2014There is service and there is annoyance - sometimes the attempt to provide superlative service can veer into the realm of being annoying if the wait staff "hounds" the patron with repeated check-ins on how everything is going, etc. I noticed this is a tendency at Blue which was consistent over the last three visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet on Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/27/2014The food was good, but there was at least one element in both entrees that I tried that just didn't work. The blue corn tamale was a complete disappointment, and the waffle with the southern fried chicken was dry and almost inedible. Great wine. Very quiet intimate atmosphere. Waitstaff was great, and didn't hurry us. At one point we were the only patrons in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue inc was very good. GreatGreatVIPDined on 1/25/2014Blue inc was very good. Great menu great drinks! Loved the nitro milkshake for desert #fourhorsemeneat !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!niniDined on 1/15/2014My first time eating at Blue, Inc. and everything was absolutely delicious. The Pumpkin Bisque soup may just be the best soup I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemMrGeeVIPDined on 1/10/2014This place was great though small and tight food was awesome and service amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Inc-near Boston Harbor HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/9/2014Blue Inc. has fabulous food. Short menu, but interesting selections; quality is great. I was looking for a place near where some guests were staying in Boston and decided to go to Blue Inc for the second time. It's small, a little casual/funky, but with menu selections that aren't the run of the mill boring items. Everyone loved what they ordered from the crab cannelloni, to the beet salad, to the lamb shank with the luscious sides to salmon where I substituted the lobster saffron risotto for some vegetables, which the restaurant gladly did. I would go back again if I were in the area. Try it!Special Features:
- Jason Santos & Blue Inc. is Amazin!HeraVIPDined on 1/8/2014This is my second time (in less than 2 weeks) to Blue for lunch. My friends and I have had different dishes each time we've been. The menu is small and changes; however, what is on the menu is done to perfection and with a twist. From the FRESH crispy shrimp tacos with fresh tortillas and mango salsa to the chicken BLT. This is a must try for anyone working near or in the Financial District. It is a small place, but so cool inside. The bar area is neat and summertime seating is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013We had a great meal on New Year's Eve with the prix-fixe dinner and a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a good time, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I had a good time, the food was great, service was very good.Special Features:
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2013Pumpkin bisque is a favorite. Shrimp tacos were yummy. Dine here often. Also great spot for fun drinks after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotMelMDined on 12/16/2013Went here for lunch and the food was fantastic! Small little intimate place with great ambiance. Great service too and the prices are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks! Not so great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The dinner menu looks awesome! Unfortunately, the food did not hold up to expectations. The 3 of us ordered the dishes (duck confit, fried chicken, and lamb shank) recommended to us and were all disappointed. The drinks (anorexic model, bite the bulliet, and off the trail) however, were amazing!!!
- All around ExcellenceAndarooDined on 12/7/2013This place is excellent. The menu constantly changes which is great, but they also keep fan favorites on the menu which is great for return patrons. Todd the manager was extremely warm and welcoming. the small size of the restaurant left me worried that I might be cramped, but they truly did a fantastic job with what space they had to work with, as I found it very cozy. The mussels were unlike anything I had ever had before! The best I've ever had in my life! And the duck was to die for! Will definitely return.Special Features: