75 Washington Place
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluehillfarm.com/
- Phone: (212) 539-1776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dan Barber, Chef/Co-Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Blue Hill
Located in a Land-Marked old "Speakeasy" right off of Washington Square Park in the heart of Greenwich Village. Blue Hill restaurant opened at the end of April 2000. Blue Hill is dedicated to creating a new category of neighborhood restaurant that maintains the classic attributes of warmth and affordability, while delivering superior food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Blue Hill - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
Blue Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (196)special occasion (179)romantic (129)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (68)hot spot (21)late-night find (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a special occasion!WinoDinoVIPDined on 11/16/2014We received a gift certificate to Blue Hill for my husband's 50th birthday and used it for our anniversary celebration dinner. Wow - what a treat! The freshness and delicate preparation of the vegetables was quite impressive & each course was just enough to relish yet leave you wanting more. The service was friendly and impeccable, the decor and mood of the restaurant was elegant yet casual...not too stuffy fortunately otherwise hubby would've hated it. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our almost 3 hour meal...would love to come back again but not sure we can afford it any time soon :(Special Features:
- Worthy of their reputationwellssbVIPDined on 11/16/2014Blue Hill is everything it is supposed to be. Outstanding in every way. We would go back regularly if it weren't so hard to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experience!sherylfVIPDined on 11/14/2014It has been a while since I enjoyed a meal as much as I did my meal at Blue Hill. Creative dishes with exceptional flavors. Wine Pairings complemented each dish to a tee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every respectLTPNYCVIPDined on 11/14/2014From the start to the finish, service is exceptional. Attention to details at every step and the fresh, farm produce make dining with Dan Barber and his team at Blue Hill truly delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 10 year wedding anniversary dinner EVER!shepweilerVIPDined on 11/13/2014Initially we were seated in between two other couples at a fairly tight and less intimate table. Within minutes of being seated 2 staffpersons came to our table asking if we would like to move to a more intimate table in a corner. Within seconds we were comfortably seated at our new table. I don't even know where to begin to describe the food, such care was taken with each and every item, to the way in which it was presented at the table, to the plate it was served on and to the utensil provided. Even the butter for the bread was uniquely prepared. Because we don't live in NY this may have been a once in a lifetime experience to so enjoy ALL aspects of a dining experience. I can't decide if the food or service delighted me more, they both exceeded expectations. When the bill came we didn't even flinch from the extraordinary price of our meal, it was that worth it in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpamaleoneDined on 11/12/2014Wonderful dining experience, food was spectacular and service was great. Would recommend to anyone and especially good for a foodie heavily into veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Very good food experience, but still room for finish and ingenuity. Noisy and not as quiet as the food deserves. Still far from the best in the world (Noma).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!ShaunalinkaVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had such a great time at Blue Hill and found the food even better here than at a recent visit to Blue Hill Stone Barns (which was also wonderful). Our server Alexandra was the best, guiding our choices, and every course was spectacular. My only complaint would be I wish there was a chocolate option for dessert. But that is a minor quibble.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2014What a disappointment! It was expensive, not one memorable taste. I felt ripped off with a bill for 2 at almost $250.
- Flawless DeliciousnessLoveVegetablesDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at Blue Hill Stone Barns (best and most enjoyable meals of my life) and have heard repeatedly that the Greenwich Village Blue Hill is a significant step down. Untrue! Delicious food, extremely attentive and warm service, and knowledgeable staff. Just as it is at the other Blue Hill, the night was magical. The only sad parts were that the meal did end and I reached a point of being full. I wanted to stay forever and eat forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly wonderfulGregVIPDined on 11/6/2014BH is just an amazing place. The service is prefect, the food is inventive and the atmosphere is simple and sophisticated. Not the cheapest mean you'll find in the city, but for a great overall experience, this is the pace. Better than Daniel in my book.Special Features:
- Lofty Expectations UmetKregsVIPDined on 11/6/2014While my wife and I had an incredibly enjoyable evening, the food did not meet our expectation primarily because everyone had been so praiseworthy. Our waitress was phenomenal as was the remainder of the service, the wine was excellent, and everyone could not have been nicer. The dessert was particularly disappointing for such a nice restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Fresh ingredients in a lovely cozy ambience - lots of waitstaff (feels like every course was served by someone new!)Special Features:
- Terrific!CapeDined on 11/3/2014Everything about Blue Hill was outstanding! The food was truly remarkable. The staff were all personable and went out of their way to explain every step which had been taken to prepare the food. We own a small organic vegetable farm on Cape Cod and supply several restaurants, so we were particularly interested and appreciative of the origin, the care and effort that went into the preparation of each course. We will definitely be returning here.Thank you for a most memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevelationArdiDined on 11/2/2014I was treated to one of the best meals in a very long time at Blue Hill NYC in their quiet, intimate dining room. We had the 4-course prix fixe dinner -- each bite was a revelation. The ingredients were combined with thought and creativity, with flavors and textures carefully chosen to complement each other. The presentation of each course was a visual expression of the flavors it contained. Altogether a wonderful aesthetic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Self ImpressedwyorkerDined on 11/1/2014The meal was innovative and good. Too frequently, something was brought to dip with insufficient dip in which to dip it. In no rush to return. Accolades to the bartender who really knew what she was talking about and gracious.Special Features:
- Best food in NYHartmanDined on 10/29/2014Loved it, amazing food, beautifully presented. My favourite restaurant in NYC after a week of excess in NYSpecial Features:
- World classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Dan Barber and his team at Blue Hill really are amazing. They do something with vegatables that no one does and some worldclass wine fitting perfeck. Go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A one-time experienceNonameVIPDined on 10/27/2014Yes, the food is generally wonderful. Only one dish didn't meet expectations, and the gratis fruit at the end was not good at all. A more affordable wine list would have been nice. At the price, this isn't a restaurant I'd go back to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super ingredientsIezbDined on 10/26/2014What would you do with the best vegetables in the World? Blue Hill anwerd this question. The best chef with the best ingredients in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing time at Blue HillBostonFoodie7VIPDined on 10/24/2014It's not just one of the best meals I've ever had, they always figure a way to accommodate my food allergies with remarkably fabulous food. Superb and fun service. People seem thrilled to make your experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeJw059Dined on 10/19/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. The food was fantastic, the staff courteous and friendly and the atmosphere cozy and comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About time for or a place to be...foodnfrolicDined on 10/16/2014Fresh, Fabulous, Fine dining at is best! My experience was memorable from the tasting menu to the wine list. With a plethora of restaraunts to try in nyc. So far this was one of my best experiences in quality and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniaCaliforniaDined on 10/16/2014Great food and ambience, very attentive staff and friendly neighborhood feel with a sophisticated touch, recommend for a special treat and a farm to table feel.Special Features:
- What a gemDiabetfoodieDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful dining experience. The food was amazing and the staff was attentive and knowledgable. The food was wonderfully plated and delicious.Special Features:
- So delicateThatswhatithinkDined on 10/11/2014Blue Hill is easily in nyc top 5. Food is so pure and fragile that by the time you finished you plate you will have develop respect for the ingredient you are eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a tad crampedWarlordDined on 10/11/2014Food was really well presented. Staff was amazingly attentive and observant of our needs. We had some trouble with the somewhat standard long bench with pairs spaced only one foot apart. Be prepared to eaves drop and be dropped!Special Features:
- greatfood, good valueST13VIPDined on 10/7/2014everything was on point, very fresh, and tasty. did the 6 course menu which comes with other smaller things for the table as well. would definitely recommend and would definitely go back. great value for the quality.
- Delightful!almin1204VIPDined on 10/7/2014I went before to location at Stone Barns and had 12 course meal, which was amazing! This was my first time at Blue Hill Manhattan as place is small and hard to get a reservation. The service was fantastic! The meal was also excellent. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Memorable eveningDineronthegoDined on 10/6/2014Outstanding experience with imaginative offerings and excellent, attentive and helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, as alwaysGreatMauiFoodDined on 10/5/2014Once again, BLUE HILL was fantastic! Every single course, every amuse bouche, from the starter to the cheese course to dessert - heavenly. It's hard NOT to just go to Blue Hill every time we come to Manhattan, it's that good. I'm an obsessed fan!!!!!Special Features:
- Tacky paper tableclothNycdinnertimeDined on 10/5/2014Overpriced, unsophisticated service, over pouring the wine, and a paper tablecloth. While the individual dishes were quite tasty the whole experience seemed somehow disconnected. The delivery of the course did not have the smooth rhythm that is common in most high end restaurants.
- KevinDined on 10/4/2014Pros: food is carefully prepared and delicious, lighting is good, service generally attentive Cons: tables are tight, some dishes were overly salted, service can be a bit intrusive with the changing of the silverwareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but priceyparaparaDined on 10/4/2014we knew beforehand that it was going to be expensive but after including the bar bill it was rather expensive for a regular nite out. good if you are celebrating an occasion and looking for fresh food with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic homage to great foodFarmFreshFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Dan Barber has created a wonderful place to taste real food coming from the farm. His creative approach to things like a tomato burger and different cuts and preparation of pig were phenomenal. Staff was very knowledgable and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect dining experienceryrycinDined on 10/3/2014Flavorful food Sophisticated wine list Impeccable and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nettehofDined on 10/2/2014I am from Germany, every time I come to NYC I treat myself with dinner at the Blue Hill. I was never disappointed. Even some of my friends from Germany have enjoyed your restaurants so far. I hope you can keep up the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to remember!MacjohnDined on 10/2/2014A feast for the senses from the moment you walk in - a small space is at once cozy without feeling crowded, soft lighting warms the exposed brick and staff are welcoming. Then comes the feast! You will pause with every mouthful - from the delicately pickled radish, the smoked tomato soup, breast of duck with plums and a palate cleanser of fresh blueberries and lime ice. All perfectly matched with wines. An evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food+Service=SUPERB!ibarbra24VIPDined on 10/1/2014The menu offers two options. A prix fixe for 4 courses or a prix fixe for 6 courses. The waitress overheard my husband and I discussing the menu and how the four courses option looked better but we really wanted to have the six courses. On her own initiative, she asked the chef and they customized the meal for us! She even eliminated tomatoes for me although I told her it wasn't necessary. (They give me esophagitis.) The food was above and beyond. Sublime! A gourmand treat! However, what made the evening so much more pleasurable was our very happy, bubbly, and so accommodating waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014NEW FLAVORS EXCELLENT WAITER IT WAS A DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features: