75 Washington Place
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluehillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2125391776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dan Barber, Chef/Co-Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Blue Hill
Located in a Land-Marked old "Speakeasy" right off of Washington Square Park in the heart of Greenwich Village. Blue Hill restaurant opened at the end of April 2000. Blue Hill is dedicated to creating a new category of neighborhood restaurant that maintains the classic attributes of warmth and affordability, while delivering superior food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Blue Hill - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
Blue Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (173)special occasion (169)romantic (116)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Reliably excellentEffanelleDined on 9/28/2014This was our third visit to Blue Hill in four years. We do not live in the US but make a point of dining here whenever we come to NYC and have never been disappointed. If you want to eat great food, be looked after by the wait staff and you want to hear your dining companion, Blue Hill is a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nearly best meal ever had, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Also the most expensive - because we chose to include wine pairing. Bill exceeded 430 before tip for just 2 people. The food was excellent though- a worthwhile experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnngieDined on 9/27/2014Perfect for my out of town food lovers, one of whom was a vegetarian.Special Features:
- Perfection!MarianaMDined on 9/26/2014Best food I've ever had! Every dish was perfect! Great anniversary celebration spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food doesn't get any fresherfoodie77Dined on 9/26/2014This hidden gem has an ambiance of sophistication and warmth. The food was extremely fresh and throughout the evening deliveries of produce straight from the farm were being made. The menu had many tasty farm fresh options. The wait staff was attentive and professional. I plan to return.Special Features:
- Delightful meal.... farm to tablelive2dineoutVIPDined on 9/25/2014A great experience! This is a wonderful place, and the meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Believe the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2014Great understated and tasteful ambiance. The flavors pop and surprise. Portions won't leave you hungry or overstuffed. The real dealSpecial Features:
- A truly special experienceBeekeeDined on 9/22/2014Amazing fresh food, beautifully prepared, perfect portions, care and creativity so evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Hill Sets a Very High Bar.SteveFVIPDined on 9/20/2014From our initial greeting we knew we were in expert hands. The food was perfection. One of our party is gluten free and this was handled with great care. Blue Hill even has its own gluten free bread which was very much appreciated. It was delicious. The service was excellent throughout. Every single staff member had the answers to our many questions and were very personable. We asked for our meal to be paired with wines which was done with great care and thoughtfulness. All were perfect pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLive2eatDined on 9/17/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. On par with Quilted Giraffe and French Laudry. Great flavors and presentation. Service was spot on. Loved the wine pairings as well.Special Features:
- Amazing!foodies453Dined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is the total package. Amazing food, service and you feel so well cared for. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Had dinner here and it was amazing! The food was well thought out and perfectly executed. Everything was a hit. Even the seemingly cliche melon and cured meat was exciting in its balance of sweet, salty, bitter, and floral. The service was just as thoughtful and warm as the food. Always a smile and something you wanted yet never had to ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Fabulous fresh food and excellent friendly service. Perfect.Special Features:
- DanielVIPDined on 9/15/2014I have been a regular for years by now. As always, the food is executed perfectly. However, this time the portions (especially the main dish) seemed to have shrunken some to the effect that we were still a little hungry after the farmer's feast (the larger tasting menu). I hope they will take that into consideration. Other than that, great staff, great ambiance and amazing fresh food. Will give it another try.Special Features:
- MJGasbarreDined on 9/13/2014Service was wonderful - attentive but not hovering. Relaxed 2 hour, 4 course meal, with simple food that was prepared in a delightful, insightful and a delicious manner. No attention to detail was overlooked. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Special as I ExpectedDancerDined on 9/12/2014We are health conscious and eat grass fed, pasture raised, organic food every day at home. I also cook. The food was good but not great. We were not overly impressed. My second course, the chicken leg, was the best of the four courses I had. My main course choice, also chicken but this time a skinless and boneless chicken breast, was mediocre, quite plain, and very undercooked. Fruit was used in the preparation of many dishes rather than vegetables. I would have liked more greens. Tablecloths here have a sheet of paper over them which makes it easier for staff cleanup but does not befit an expensive restaurant. A crew was filming when we were there. We should have been notified about this in advance instead of being surprised by it.Special Features:
- An Extraordinary EveningCarolVIPDined on 9/11/2014I expected wonderful food, a good experience, but I found an extraordinary meal, served by extraordinary staff, in a lovely setting, with "buzz" AND sufficient quiet to hear my dinner partner. Just lovely! THANK YOU ALL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romancing the tongueLovemattersDined on 9/8/2014Every bite from the fennel to the Concorde grapes; felt as if I was courting my tongue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!BlackboughDined on 9/5/2014wonderful. extraordinary food. service great. hard to get reservations however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome farm to tableLuvafarmDined on 9/5/2014Very unusual menu, goat belly was one item that comes to mind and it was delicious. Very fresh food for sure and that really does make a difference. Wait staff was terrific, no rush and very helpful. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionLundiDined on 9/4/2014Blue Hill is amazing! Fantastic food, ambiance and service with a friendly and highly professional staff. One could not ask for more.Special Features:
- Terrific experience on all countsstatestjanDined on 9/3/2014Clearly the whole basis of their identity and rep is related to the focus on local, farm fresh food and they definitely delivered on that. But the experience was made so much more delightful but the warmth, attentiveness, and knowledge of the staff. Extremely pleasant and service oriented without any "stuffiness" at all - you really felt it was all just about enjoying great food and sharing with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special dining experienceleonfVIPDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding in all respects. Every course hit the mark. Service was exceptionally courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenmachine80VIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been wanting to come here for awhile, and I finally got decent reservations. I think this is a fantastic restaurant. Service was friendly and professional and the food was fantastic. It is expensive but I think it's worth it. All the food, both what we ordered and those 'extra tastes' were delicious and perfectly prepared. The menu changes a lot an I hope to try it during different seasons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The flavours of the food at this restaurant are amazing! It is an expensive meal and well worth it! Definitely somewhere to celebrate a special occasion. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Blue Hill EleganceladythatlunchesVIPDined on 8/31/2014Blue Hill makes the diner feel relaxed and ready to enjoy the evening. Servers are knowledgeable and accommodating. But, of course, the best thing about Blue Hill is the food. I ordered from the 4 course menu and my husband from the Farmer's Menu. Aside from a delightful parade of amuses bouches, including tiny tomato sliders which we could have eaten by the dozens, we enjoyed imaginatively turned vegetables. How about zucchini carbonara? What a good idea! The curried sliced zucchini in bacon-onion broth was worth making another reservation to sample again. Both pig and duck dishes were delicious with interesting garnishes. This is definitely a restaurant to put on your bucket list.Special Features:
- Phenomenal experienceBest40Dined on 8/31/2014The whole experience was delightful. You would take one bite of a dish and the flavored would explode. I recommend this restaurant to all foodies. Not only the food was amazing but also our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost everything fantasticFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The service could not have been more attentive or friendly. The food was great--fresh and inventive except for the chicken which was pretty bland.Special Features:
- Almost perfectChef110VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server and the server assistants were excellent. Very efficient and unobtrusive. Most of our dishes were fantastic-especially the heirloom tomato salad on the Chef/s menu and the lobster dish. The menu perfectly reflected the season. The cheese plate was a disappointment- I would have expected something a little more special than the standards we received. Plum dessert was memorable.Special Features:
- Best Farm to Table in NYChgbancroftVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my best dining experience in months. Impeccable service! Freshest, most appealing ingredients. A unique dining experience. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wishAandJVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was a little brighter. It's too dark that we could not fully enjoy a beautiful art work of the chef nor color of foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Hill has really lost it.farawaybeachVIPDined on 8/29/2014We've been dining at Blue Hill for years; among their best customers, we've been told. However, we went last night, and much had changed. Nothing was as good as it normally is. They've stopped making fresh bread. They no longer have an a la carte menu, and the prix-fixe is sorely lacking. They certainly should have informed their regulars of these changes. Frankly, their food has never really been exceptional. It was a convenience, as we live around the corner. The food is boring, and the staff is pretentious. There are too many good restaurants in NYC to put up with this. It's just a tourist trap in a basement now. Ciao, Blue Hill.
- A NYC staple.NYC1Dined on 8/28/2014Blue Hill has been around for a while, and for good reason. It's a solid dining experience, and a nice diversion from all the trendy, overpriced restaurants in town. The quality of the ingredients is what distances Blue Hill from the pack. The preparation is solid, and mostly memorable. It would be nice to see the menu offer a little more diversity, but even without, dinner at Blue Hill is always something to look forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emphasis on quality and tasteRUguyDined on 8/27/2014The ingredients are selected for taste even down to the knowledge of the seeds from which they are grown. I had the Sampler for $98. Four different amuse bouche were served. They were great. The very first dish was a variety of tomatoes in a broken vinegrette (bone marrow) with a hint of cheese. Each kind of tomato was absolutely scrumptious. I hated for it to end. The beef dish of 3 different cuts of eight year old dairy cow tasted different from any other beef I have had. Not sure that I loved it but it was different. The intermezzo was a wonderful sorbet and mint. The service was great and the server, Jessica, was very knowledgeable about the dishes which did require explanation. The bead and butter was excellent also.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningislington185Dined on 8/26/2014Blue Hill lives up to its reputation. Great service and a terrific wine recommendation from our server. The only weak spot in the meal (and it was a small thing) was the goat, which was very salty. Otherwise, it's everything you would expect. Delicious and elegant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meals and wine pairingFlickDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed an amazing meas for our first wedding anniversary here last week. Enjoyed a very exciting Chefs tasting menu and asked for wine pairing for the meal and everything was perfect and inventive. Staff were great, attentive and social. Great place, great food, will definitely be back when we are next in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014An excellent meal. Every bite was delicious. It met and exceeded our expectations. The pig face was amazing. The service was great. Truly inspiring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightMax3Dined on 8/22/2014Pitch perfect service and food for small wedding celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and presentationpeachesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything about Blue Hill was excellent (service and presentation), except being seated in " the garden." It was like sitting in an aquarium. Too close to the next table to converse without them hearing every word. Felt like we were sitting in a morgue it was so quiet. I'm sure the main dining room is a much more "active" place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!EagleVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had an excellent, memory making send off dinner for my nephew who is a freshman at NYU. The night could not have been better. Great service and excellent food. I plan on dining here in the spring before he graduates to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.