75 Washington Place
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluehillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2125391776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dan Barber, Chef/Co-Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Blue Hill
Located in a Land-Marked old "Speakeasy" right off of Washington Square Park in the heart of Greenwich Village. Blue Hill restaurant opened at the end of April 2000. Blue Hill is dedicated to creating a new category of neighborhood restaurant that maintains the classic attributes of warmth and affordability, while delivering superior food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Blue Hill - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
Blue Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (168)romantic (124)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (70)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)good for groups (5)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. The food was fantastic, the staff courteous and friendly and the atmosphere cozy and comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About time for or a place to be...foodnfrolicDined on 10/16/2014Fresh, Fabulous, Fine dining at is best! My experience was memorable from the tasting menu to the wine list. With a plethora of restaraunts to try in nyc. So far this was one of my best experiences in quality and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniaCaliforniaDined on 10/16/2014Great food and ambience, very attentive staff and friendly neighborhood feel with a sophisticated touch, recommend for a special treat and a farm to table feel.Special Features:
- What a gemDiabetfoodieDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful dining experience. The food was amazing and the staff was attentive and knowledgable. The food was wonderfully plated and delicious.Special Features:
- So delicateThatswhatithinkDined on 10/11/2014Blue Hill is easily in nyc top 5. Food is so pure and fragile that by the time you finished you plate you will have develop respect for the ingredient you are eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a tad crampedWarlordDined on 10/11/2014Food was really well presented. Staff was amazingly attentive and observant of our needs. We had some trouble with the somewhat standard long bench with pairs spaced only one foot apart. Be prepared to eaves drop and be dropped!Special Features:
- greatfood, good valueST13VIPDined on 10/7/2014everything was on point, very fresh, and tasty. did the 6 course menu which comes with other smaller things for the table as well. would definitely recommend and would definitely go back. great value for the quality.
- Delightful!almin1204VIPDined on 10/7/2014I went before to location at Stone Barns and had 12 course meal, which was amazing! This was my first time at Blue Hill Manhattan as place is small and hard to get a reservation. The service was fantastic! The meal was also excellent. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Memorable eveningDineronthegoDined on 10/6/2014Outstanding experience with imaginative offerings and excellent, attentive and helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Once again, BLUE HILL was fantastic! Every single course, every amuse bouche, from the starter to the cheese course to dessert - heavenly. It's hard NOT to just go to Blue Hill every time we come to Manhattan, it's that good. I'm an obsessed fan!!!!!Special Features:
- Tacky paper tableclothNycdinnertimeDined on 10/5/2014Overpriced, unsophisticated service, over pouring the wine, and a paper tablecloth. While the individual dishes were quite tasty the whole experience seemed somehow disconnected. The delivery of the course did not have the smooth rhythm that is common in most high end restaurants.
- KevinDined on 10/4/2014Pros: food is carefully prepared and delicious, lighting is good, service generally attentive Cons: tables are tight, some dishes were overly salted, service can be a bit intrusive with the changing of the silverwareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but priceyparaparaDined on 10/4/2014we knew beforehand that it was going to be expensive but after including the bar bill it was rather expensive for a regular nite out. good if you are celebrating an occasion and looking for fresh food with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic homage to great foodFarmFreshFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Dan Barber has created a wonderful place to taste real food coming from the farm. His creative approach to things like a tomato burger and different cuts and preparation of pig were phenomenal. Staff was very knowledgable and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect dining experienceryrycinDined on 10/3/2014Flavorful food Sophisticated wine list Impeccable and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nettehofDined on 10/2/2014I am from Germany, every time I come to NYC I treat myself with dinner at the Blue Hill. I was never disappointed. Even some of my friends from Germany have enjoyed your restaurants so far. I hope you can keep up the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to remember!MacjohnDined on 10/2/2014A feast for the senses from the moment you walk in - a small space is at once cozy without feeling crowded, soft lighting warms the exposed brick and staff are welcoming. Then comes the feast! You will pause with every mouthful - from the delicately pickled radish, the smoked tomato soup, breast of duck with plums and a palate cleanser of fresh blueberries and lime ice. All perfectly matched with wines. An evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food+Service=SUPERB!ibarbra24VIPDined on 10/1/2014The menu offers two options. A prix fixe for 4 courses or a prix fixe for 6 courses. The waitress overheard my husband and I discussing the menu and how the four courses option looked better but we really wanted to have the six courses. On her own initiative, she asked the chef and they customized the meal for us! She even eliminated tomatoes for me although I told her it wasn't necessary. (They give me esophagitis.) The food was above and beyond. Sublime! A gourmand treat! However, what made the evening so much more pleasurable was our very happy, bubbly, and so accommodating waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014NEW FLAVORS EXCELLENT WAITER IT WAS A DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:
- long time favoriteyumPDined on 9/30/2014Blue Hill accomplishes what many restaurants fail to -- it's very very good without being pretentious. The food is excellent, carefully presented by knowledgeable wait staff at ease with the menu. The room is chic and grown up without sacrificing warmth. it's a fabulous restaurant that achieves a lot without seeming to try too hard. We love it, and go back regularly.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestauranteastsiderDined on 9/30/2014We loved our meal at Blue Hill. The setting is cozy and understated. Perfect backdrop for incredible food. Each dish was creative, beautifully presented and delicious. One of our best meals ever. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. Great wine list. We would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants a culinary experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Food was wonderful and innovative. The waitress and waiters were very knowledgeable about the food and preparation.Special Features:
- ＰＯＯＲNaNaDined on 9/29/2014All main were salty! Souce are similar and bowling! Chef shoud study the TRADITlONAL Japanese food. It's was a terrible experience for us. But,desert were excellent.
- The butter says it all!!SkippyVIPDined on 9/29/2014You can tell a lot by the small things an owner of a restaurant does. The butter is the best I've ever tasted. Sourced from his farm and hand churned--lots of work for something blue hill gives away for free. We are vegetarians so this is very veggie friendly. Dan Barber is the chef and advocates the "third plate" where meat is secondary and the portion should be small. He is changing the way america eats--for the better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good vegetables!JennDined on 9/28/2014I came here for dinner after hearing very good things about the restaurant. In terms of the space, I thought it felt a bit cramped. The restaurant isn't very big, and ceilings are quite low too, so with the tables placed so closely together, it felt a bit stuffy. The pre-appetizers of fresh vegetables were very good, I especially liked the radishes. We had farmer's feast, and although the food was good, I found everything a bit too salty.Special Features:
- Reliably excellentEffanelleDined on 9/28/2014This was our third visit to Blue Hill in four years. We do not live in the US but make a point of dining here whenever we come to NYC and have never been disappointed. If you want to eat great food, be looked after by the wait staff and you want to hear your dining companion, Blue Hill is a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nearly best meal ever had, but...alwayseatingDined on 9/27/2014Also the most expensive - because we chose to include wine pairing. Bill exceeded 430 before tip for just 2 people. The food was excellent though- a worthwhile experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnngieDined on 9/27/2014Perfect for my out of town food lovers, one of whom was a vegetarian.Special Features:
- Perfection!MarianaMDined on 9/26/2014Best food I've ever had! Every dish was perfect! Great anniversary celebration spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food doesn't get any fresherfoodie77Dined on 9/26/2014This hidden gem has an ambiance of sophistication and warmth. The food was extremely fresh and throughout the evening deliveries of produce straight from the farm were being made. The menu had many tasty farm fresh options. The wait staff was attentive and professional. I plan to return.Special Features:
- One of the BestsdipoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Really outstanding food and wine, and the service is extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the garden room.adbivDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. But the "garden room" was awful.Special Features:
- Delightful meal.... farm to tablelive2dineoutVIPDined on 9/25/2014A great experience! This is a wonderful place, and the meal was delicious!Special Features:
- Believe the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2014Great understated and tasteful ambiance. The flavors pop and surprise. Portions won't leave you hungry or overstuffed. The real dealSpecial Features:
- A truly special experienceBeekeeVIPDined on 9/22/2014Amazing fresh food, beautifully prepared, perfect portions, care and creativity so evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Hill Sets a Very High Bar.SteveFVIPDined on 9/20/2014From our initial greeting we knew we were in expert hands. The food was perfection. One of our party is gluten free and this was handled with great care. Blue Hill even has its own gluten free bread which was very much appreciated. It was delicious. The service was excellent throughout. Every single staff member had the answers to our many questions and were very personable. We asked for our meal to be paired with wines which was done with great care and thoughtfulness. All were perfect pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLive2eatDined on 9/17/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. On par with Quilted Giraffe and French Laudry. Great flavors and presentation. Service was spot on. Loved the wine pairings as well.Special Features:
- Amazing!foodies453Dined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is the total package. Amazing food, service and you feel so well cared for. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Had dinner here and it was amazing! The food was well thought out and perfectly executed. Everything was a hit. Even the seemingly cliche melon and cured meat was exciting in its balance of sweet, salty, bitter, and floral. The service was just as thoughtful and warm as the food. Always a smile and something you wanted yet never had to ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Fabulous fresh food and excellent friendly service. Perfect.Special Features: