Blue Hill Tavern
938 S Conkling Street
Baltimore, MD 21087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Hill Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluehilltavern.com/
- Phone: (443) 388-9363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens daily at 4 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Lockard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of options for both off site catering and in-house private events.
A word from Blue Hill Tavern
Casual fine dining at its best! Offering inventive cocktails, a lively crowd and the best New American menu on this side of Charm City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Hill Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (118)special occasion (79)romantic (77)great for outdoor dining (59)good for groups (54)vibrant bar scene (50)hot spot (43)notable wine list (27)late-night find (19)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (15)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Unique Food and AMAZING serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My experience at the Blue Hill Tavern was amazing. Our server was extremely knowledgable of all the items on the menu, extremely attentive and friendly. I wish I remembered her name because I would suggest asking for her. We ordered the rabbit empanadas to start. They were good but I feel they were a little bland for what I was expecting. The curry mussels special was delicious. They were light yet flavorful. My friend ordered the pork tenderloin and said the pork was cooked perfectly. We ordered the apple crisp and salted caramel ice cream for dessert. The apple crisp was a standard apple crisp. I was not able to try the ice cream. My friend said it was rich and creamy but the caramel favor was not over powering. I would most certainly dine at the Blue Hill Tavern again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrewersHillLocalDined on 11/21/2014The food was great as well as the service. If they have the white wine blue cheese mussles, order them, you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findFearlessFoodieDined on 11/19/2014First time dining here and I chose the restaurant because of the positive reviews I saw on Open table. I was not disappointed the food was delicious (I had salmon and potatoes au gratin). The apple crisp for dessert was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great experience with lots of laughsjonesytDined on 11/19/2014From walking in to the restaurtant to ordering , the staff made feel like we were apart of their family. Our waiter engaged and gave us the run down of the menu and he even included his favorites. The bus boys were helpful and attentive to our table. Great ambience for any occassion not just a romantic date . I would recommend this place to anyone who just wanted to treat themselves to a great dinner . My experience was awesome and I really enjoyed every bit of my time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIrthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014we had a wonderful time with a group of 5. Our table was ready. The service was very timely and attentive. The food was great. We even took some home. The drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingJessDined on 11/15/2014I have been to Blue Hill a handful of times now and have never been disappointed. My absolute favorite dishes involve scallops. They always sear them to perfection and pair them with a creamy pasta or risotto. The current dish with risotto is the best dish I've had there. I've also tried the juicy burger which is not complete without the $1 bacon upgrade. Other favorites include the duck two ways, rabbit empanadas, and the butternut squash soup. Skip the wild boar pasta; it's the only underwhelming dish I've tried. I've recently tried their brunch as well and was equally as impressed. I recommend the seafood skillet and the Chesapeake Benedict. The unlimited sangria & mimosa for $8 is an awesome deal as well, as a glass of sangria on their regular menu is $7.5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gfsusanDined on 11/11/2014From beginning to end, it was a perfect meal! The newly-minted gluten free menu made me feel welcome. The buttermilk blue cheese salad was tasty unique and plentiful! The pork tenderloin with brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes was succulent-everything cooked to perfection and the honey-mustard glaze was the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. My husband had the shrimp and grits and it rivaled our favorite version at the Hominy Grill in Charleston. Grits stood up to the sauce without melting into soup. Sausage didn't overpower the shrimp. Only suggestion would be to add a gluten-free dessert option that's not sorbet--please?? Even without, it was a truly satisfying meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Awesome!DIsappointmentDined on 11/8/2014I have been wanting to check out this restaurant for some time. The food was absolutely amazing. Very simple but full of taste. I would definitely recommend this place to others. I had the burger and bread budding. Both were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in Baltimore!newtoBmoreDined on 11/8/2014I kept seeing Blue Hill Tavern featured in Baltimore Magazine, and finally came for dinner this past weekend - and it did not disappoint! After living in Bmore the past year, I've been exploring new restaurants, and Blue Hill Tavern may be my favorite of all. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. My boyfriend and I tried the rabbit empanadas appetizer, which were very unique and delicious. He got the New York Strip steak (inexpensive for huge portion) that tasted like high-end steakhouse quality. And I got the scallops with apple rosemary risotto, which is now one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. Everything about my experience was perfect, and I cannot wait to return many more times and bring everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't make late reservations!TJackDined on 11/7/2014I decided to take my fiancée to blue hill tavern for her birthday. I went to opentable to make a reservation. Due to the fact that we work a late schedule we had to reserve a table for 10pm. When we arrived at 9:45 the waiter was very rude and acted like they were more ready to leave that evening then to help customers. He tell us that the dining area was closed and we had to go to the bar if we wanted to eat there. Why accept reservations if you are only going to send the people to the bar. You don't need a reservation for that! So we walked to the bar for about five minutes to try to get warm from the cold outside but it was very cold at the bar. So we ended up leaving ate somewhere else. Very disappointing experience...
- Great service, great foodfoodie410Dined on 11/7/2014We recently went to Blue Hill Tavern after a friend recommended it. We were thrilled that they offered complimentary valet parking. The hostess was very friendly and seated us immediately. Waiters were also friendly, helpful, and attentive. We tried the Rabbit Empanadas and the Chateaubriand for Two. The empanadas were quite unique--fried pastry filled with rabbit and topped with jicima and some sort of delicious sauce. The Chateaubriand was tender and juicy with excellent flavor. It was coupled with whipped potatoes and green beans with a butter sauce. We were both very pleased with both dishes and plan on returning in the future.Special Features:
- BHTaazhlaVIPDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant, consistently, has excellent meals and delightful cocktails. They are very accommodating when a side dish substitution is requested. love going there in the summer and dining on the balcony.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysJimsDined on 11/1/2014Food was great, service was "ok". The noise level this evening was really loudSpecial Features:
- 3foodies3foodiesDined on 10/27/2014Our meal was outstanding and the service was extremely professional! Looking forward to a return visit as we always find this restaurant to be top notch all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodchefpeppyDined on 10/24/2014The food at this restaurant is fresh, tasty and very enjoyable. Everything we ordered was delicious and we will be back. They have an extensive drink list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not last visitSnowmomVIPDined on 10/20/2014Blue Hill Tavern is a charming space in Canton; the decor is attractive with dim lighting. The menu is diverse and mains are offered with interesting sides. Fried pickles, beet salad, shrimp and grits, scallops w rosemary risotto, and salmon with potato- brussel sprout hash were all yummy! So glad to have such a great place on an unsuspecting corner in Canton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining, great foodfoodieforeverVIPDined on 10/18/2014Overall a very pleasant dining experience. We both enjoyed the evening's special, wasabi-encrusted shark with barley and haricots verts. The wasabi was mild enough so that it did not interfere with or overpower the delicate flavor of the fish. Our server was very attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealKDunn007Dined on 10/16/2014This is one of my wife and I's favorite spots to go for a date. The drinks are always great and the food is on point. Another great experience at BHTSpecial Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 10/8/2014second time we have come down from Bel Air for dinner and was not disappointed. Valet parking is a plus and if you did not know where you were you would think you are dining in New York Ciry.Special Features:
- Great Evening Dinnermholland15Dined on 10/6/2014Blue Hill Tavern was great for our party of four. The menu had some interesting additions (such as the Rabbit Empanadas), that made it more exciting to dine. Four our party of four, the service as complimentary to the near perfect entree preparation. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBmorefoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I've been to Blue Hill Tavern a few times before and always been happy with both the service and the food, however, this last visit I was really disappointed with the food (service was still top notch). We started with the grilled haloumi and it was way too salty and I generally like salty foods. I had the shrimp and grits and the grits were lumpy and chewy and the shrimp tasted really fishy and overall the dish lacked flavor. I couldn't help but keep comparing it to the shrimp and grits I had recently at another restaurant that was to die for.Special Features:
- rickDined on 10/4/2014Always a good time and great food at this establishment. Pleasant staff and conv location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/30/2014Blue Hill comtinues to be one of my favorite places to have a delicious meal with good people. Never a disappointment and I look forward to my next lovely dinner there. I live about 30 minute drive but worth the trip.Special Features:
- Decent first visit.drgtownDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, as was the ambience. Service unfortunately made us feel unwanted. Would still try it again. Perhaps our server had an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedDeeberzVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was a nice Saturday morning (10:30am), and our server did everything she could to accommodate us. We said outside, and others were allowed to bring their controlled dogs to the patio. They glanced at us first to see if we would accept furry friends (we were a bit jealous we didn't bring our dogs!). The food was awesome. We over-ordered (thinking the servings would be small); they were not. We got the fruit with honey/yogurt; fried pickles (with fried pepperoncinis, too); Spanish beef soup; seafood skillet and chicken chili quilles skillet. That was way too much food for two people, so we wound up taking the skillets home. TRY THE WHITE SANGRIA!!!! Our server was fabulous. This is definitely a gem I will be visiting again, soon!Special Features:
- Good foodHandJDined on 9/25/2014The lemon squash soup was excellent. The steak was tender and cooked exactly as we asked. The server was there without being intrusive. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLUE HILL TAVERN- ROMANTIC TAVERN?PhillyJudgeNo1Dined on 9/25/2014On a Thursday evening, Blue Hill Tavern presented itself as a quiet, well laid out bar/restaurant, with great food and service. It did not disappoint...Of all things, parking was ample and close, and it only got better from there. Food was tasty and well priced, and the drinks were perfect. I wold return and stay a little long next time....Special Features:
- Menu changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Always a favorite go to. Unfortunately , the menu changed and the new one was not up on the website. While I all for keeping things new, some of my favorites had been replaced with items that didn't interest me. I probably would not have gone if I was able to view the menu prior . On the plus side, the fried pickles were the best I've ever had !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjazz18Dined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappoints @Blue HillMere2142Dined on 9/20/2014It had been some time since I'd visited Blue Hill but a recent move into the neighborhood and a Groupon prompted me to give it another visit. Besides being within walking distance of my house, I found the food excellent for the price. The portions were a decent size and everything was steaming hot and freshly prepared. I had the roasted chicken which came with a huge side of macaroni and cheese. I'd hope to save room for the excellent desserts but I was too full from dinner. Perhaps another night I'll have to visit just for drinks and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014we took friends for a bday celebration. They loved it as did we. It was our 5th visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodNYCvisitorDined on 9/13/2014This is my second time dining at this restaurant. The first time I had the surf and turf (fantastic). This time I had the salmon, it was not cooked through so well (mushy inside). My boyfriend had the strip and it was perfect. Would recommend going for steak rather than seafood here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner was really great and the service was also great. The food came out on time which was appreciated. The restaurant was packed and we were concerned about waiting a long time for our drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star spangled dinnerUnclejDined on 9/13/2014We were there the night of the great fire works to commie rate the battle of Baltimore during the war of 1812. The folks at blue hill were cognizant of the timing and made it very easy to enjoy a great dinner and get out in time to see the fire works. Food was very good, a very interesting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Awful coffee.outtolunchDined on 9/13/2014The food was wonderful. The house salad and the branzino were really, really tasty. I loved the shredded salad that allowed all the flavors to combine in each bite. The presentation of the branzino was amazing and the garlicky butter on top was a perfect complement. I would have rated the food a 5 out of 5. And the beer list was super. (Resurrection on tap!) But the meal ended with a thud because of tepid coffee (both the caf and the decaf). When we complained to our server, he happily picked up our mugs to place them in the microwave (!). (We agreed to because it was better than nothing!) And the coffee, served in very small glass mugs (6 ounces?) was not refilled. I expect a great cup of hot coffee to top off a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassiontmcandyDined on 9/8/2014I went here with my boyfriend to treat him for his birthday. It's definitely on the pricier side so this place is good for a special occasion. The waiter was very polite and the food was delicious. They even gave us dessert on the house with a candle in it which I thought was very nice. I enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:
- Chateaubriand babymttaylor9VIPDined on 9/6/2014Who still serves Chataubriand? Blue Hill Tavern does! And what a delicious, melt in your mouth delight. From our amazing meat, to the veggie Mushroom dish, every bite was outstanding.Special Features:
- YumMelissaDined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious and served quickly. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and friendly. I would definitely recommend to friends, delicious food at a good price.Special Features:
- Great experience!JostapVIPDined on 8/30/2014We ate here when the restaurant first opened several years ago and were a bit disappointed. Therefore we have stayed away until recently when we decided to give it another try. We are so glad we did! This time the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who allowed us to take a peak at the outdoor rooftop lounge even though they had a private party expected shortly after. We were then served by a very knowledgeable waiter who gave his recommendations which were spot on. The salmon was excellent, as were the ceasar and house chopped salads. The bar has a great waterfall backdrop which we didn't even see the first time we visited because it was so crowded. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Blue Hill Tavern Rocks!SchnauzerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything about this restaurant was outstanding! We showed up with a party of 6 after making a reservation for five. They accommodated us with minimal wait. Alex was attentive, but not overly so. We very much enjoyed the view overlooking Brewer's Hill. Though we dined on the upstairs patio, we will return to try out the romantic indoor restaurant and bar. Our party dined on burgers, surf & turf, pork tenderloin, salmon, and scallops. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. My crab cake was probably less than done, but I continued eating it without any issues.Special Features: