Blue Hill Tavern
938 S Conkling Street
Baltimore, MD 21087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Hill Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluehilltavern.com/
- Phone: 443-388-9363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 to 2:30
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens daily at 4 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Lockard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of options for both off site catering and in-house private events.
A word from Blue Hill Tavern
Casual fine dining at its best! Offering inventive cocktails, a lively crowd and the best New American menu on this side of Charm City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Hill Tavern - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Blue Hill Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (94)special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (71)romantic (66)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (32)great for brunch (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014we took friends for a bday celebration. They loved it as did we. It was our 5th visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodNYCvisitorDined on 9/13/2014This is my second time dining at this restaurant. The first time I had the surf and turf (fantastic). This time I had the salmon, it was not cooked through so well (mushy inside). My boyfriend had the strip and it was perfect. Would recommend going for steak rather than seafood here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner was really great and the service was also great. The food came out on time which was appreciated. The restaurant was packed and we were concerned about waiting a long time for our drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star spangled dinnerUnclejDined on 9/13/2014We were there the night of the great fire works to commie rate the battle of Baltimore during the war of 1812. The folks at blue hill were cognizant of the timing and made it very easy to enjoy a great dinner and get out in time to see the fire works. Food was very good, a very interesting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Awful coffee.outtolunchDined on 9/13/2014The food was wonderful. The house salad and the branzino were really, really tasty. I loved the shredded salad that allowed all the flavors to combine in each bite. The presentation of the branzino was amazing and the garlicky butter on top was a perfect complement. I would have rated the food a 5 out of 5. And the beer list was super. (Resurrection on tap!) But the meal ended with a thud because of tepid coffee (both the caf and the decaf). When we complained to our server, he happily picked up our mugs to place them in the microwave (!). (We agreed to because it was better than nothing!) And the coffee, served in very small glass mugs (6 ounces?) was not refilled. I expect a great cup of hot coffee to top off a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassiontmcandyDined on 9/8/2014I went here with my boyfriend to treat him for his birthday. It's definitely on the pricier side so this place is good for a special occasion. The waiter was very polite and the food was delicious. They even gave us dessert on the house with a candle in it which I thought was very nice. I enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:
- Chateaubriand babymttaylor9VIPDined on 9/6/2014Who still serves Chataubriand? Blue Hill Tavern does! And what a delicious, melt in your mouth delight. From our amazing meat, to the veggie Mushroom dish, every bite was outstanding.Special Features:
- YumMelissaDined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious and served quickly. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and friendly. I would definitely recommend to friends, delicious food at a good price.Special Features:
- Great experience!JostapVIPDined on 8/30/2014We ate here when the restaurant first opened several years ago and were a bit disappointed. Therefore we have stayed away until recently when we decided to give it another try. We are so glad we did! This time the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who allowed us to take a peak at the outdoor rooftop lounge even though they had a private party expected shortly after. We were then served by a very knowledgeable waiter who gave his recommendations which were spot on. The salmon was excellent, as were the ceasar and house chopped salads. The bar has a great waterfall backdrop which we didn't even see the first time we visited because it was so crowded. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Blue Hill Tavern Rocks!SchnauzerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything about this restaurant was outstanding! We showed up with a party of 6 after making a reservation for five. They accommodated us with minimal wait. Alex was attentive, but not overly so. We very much enjoyed the view overlooking Brewer's Hill. Though we dined on the upstairs patio, we will return to try out the romantic indoor restaurant and bar. Our party dined on burgers, surf & turf, pork tenderloin, salmon, and scallops. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. My crab cake was probably less than done, but I continued eating it without any issues.Special Features:
- Always very good...KPReatsVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another fantastic experience at BHT. My mother ordered the surf and turf. Her filet was cooked exactly as ordered and she enjoyed the crab cake and her side order as well. My wife had the Mako Shark special and she cleaned the plate. I had the pork tenderloin and it was also very good. Service was very good as always. We absolutely love BHT and would never hesitate to return. This restaurant is great for special occasions as well as just an evening out. One thing that would bring this restaurant up a notch is they would institute some kind of dress code. This is too nice of a place for the types of dress they allow people to wear.Special Features:
- Always a great mealCarol926VIPDined on 8/30/2014Started with blue cheese mussels, they were awesome. Crab cakes are always a hit. The bartender serves up the most delicious old fashions.Special Features:
- Another great mealDiningmavenVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been here 3 times and it just continues to be a very reliable, high quality place. The food is consistently interesting and professionally prepared, the service subdued and dependable, and the overall experience just plain relaxing and comforting. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!KeyKeyDined on 8/29/2014Blue Hill Tavern is a wonderful restaurant. From the hostess to our friendly and attentive waiter, our dining experience was phenomenal. The rooftop deck on the second floor is such a great space for a night cap :). We are definitely going back for lunch/dinner/brunch/all of the above!Special Features:
- Never fails to satisfyAmywDined on 8/23/2014I brought my culinary-trained daughter here after a show to celebrate her 32nd birthday. The server was pleasant and efficient. The food choices were good. My daughter-very picky- enjoyed everything we ordered. I would go back again and again.Special Features:
- Great experienceMMilesDined on 8/22/2014We had a Groupon for Blue Hill and tried it out on a Friday night. I was surprised that they weren't that busy! The ambiance was a little strange, we didn't really know what the appropriate dress code was (my date felt out of place because he was wearing shorts). We could have called and I asked I suppose, but we didn't so that's on us. Despite this, the dining room is beautifully decorated. I wish we could have seen the upstairs patio as well. We both order mojitos, which were fabulous! To eat, he had the pork chop and I had the New York strip - both were nice dishes, but the pork was a little underwhelming. My date was quite jealous of my steak. Our server was super nice and made great recommendations. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Lovely surprise, name doesn't imply the fine finishes in the decor or the fine food.Special Features:
- DelisciousRickyDined on 8/20/2014Food is always great. Their specials are always worth a try.Special Features:
- rickDined on 8/17/2014We love everything about the blue hill and in fact we had a very nice birthday party there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting moreharfordmomDined on 8/17/2014My best friend raved about this place and insisted we go for her birthday. Our Mojitos and apps were great but the entrees weren't memorable.Special Features:
- Good food, decent serviceNatalieDined on 8/16/2014This was mine and my husbands first time coming to Blue Hill and I have to say that we left a little disappointed. The food was pretty tasty but the service was sub-par. Our server wasn't overly friendly and he actually forgot our appetizer completely. The atmosphere is very nice and I would still recommend the restaurant but they definitely have room for improvement.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood PlaceGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 8/13/2014Always good food, good happy hour prices and an interesting menu selection.Special Features:
- My reviewBrock1914Dined on 8/12/2014Overall, the restaurant was nice. The atmosphere was really interesting. We didn't plan to be in the area but finding Blue Hill Tavern was worth the search. The food was ok. I got the shrimp and grits. My wife ordered the salmon. Both dishes were just ok. The grits were not to my liking (shrimp was good). The salmon was good but the rest of the food on the plate were not. Overall the restaurant had a good feel to it. We'd go back but it'd be option C.Special Features:
- very nice local restaurantmdgirl27Dined on 8/10/2014Went here on Sunday for early dinner. Great location with free valet and plenty of parking. The inside decor is very nice and the outdoor tables on the terrace were nice and romantic. I had bronzini and it was really good. Would definitely go back. The bar was very nice as as well.I would love to come here at night and see the view from the terrace. All the food and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!JoycelaDined on 8/9/2014We came here to dine before seeing Heart at Pier Six. It just so happened to be Restaurant Week and with a lot of restaurants that spells disaster (slow service, jammed, rushed, etc) but not so here. Three of us chose the Restaurant Week menu items and each of us had something different. Every item was outstanding. Only disappointment was that we weren't able to snag a "rooftop" table again but other than that, it was perfect.Special Features:
- Good find during restaurant weekesmith308Dined on 8/8/2014We went to the Blue Hill Tavern based upon their restaurant week menu and were pleasantly surprised. Located inside what was once probably two row homes the interior is modern with interesting dining spaces. I had the red trout entree from their selections for that week. It, along with the sides were perfectly cooked. Our server, Nick, was attentive at just the right level. We will definitely head back another time to try other items on the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!FoodyDined on 8/8/2014I had the beef short ribs and s'mores for dessert and was delicious. Everybody on the table was very happy with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Food was good, not outstanding (except the dessert, which certainly was!!!). Outside, upstairs seating was amazing!!!! The server, however, was not able to give recommendations; she was nice enough, but just said "everything is good." Places certainly do some things better than others, and when I go out for a nice dinner, I like to have a server who is familiar with the menu enough to be able to comment on it.Special Features:
- Great DisappointmentTheDiner1VIPDined on 8/7/2014Dined here many times over the years. The chef seems to love creative dishes that simply don't work. For example, mussels in a pickled bacon broth. Yuck!! Ordered a burger medium which came very well done and dry.Special Features:
- Delicious as AlwaysShannonDined on 8/6/2014As always, I had a great time at Blue Hill Tavern. The restaurant week menu was fantastic, particularly the tuna salad and the Korean ribs. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014It was AMAZING!! It was my first time being there and everything was perfect. The service and food was amazing. I will def be going back!Special Features:
- Restaurant week 8/2014happynativenashvillianDined on 8/3/2014The dishes offered for Restaurant Week were outstanding! As return customers to Blue Hill Tavern, we feel we had terrific value in our 3 course meal and we were stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Blue Hill Tavern would returnselfproclaimedfoodieDined on 8/2/2014This was my wife and I's first visit to Blue Hill Tavern. We loved it and would definitely return. The shrimp and grits are AWESOME! My wife had pork tenderloin with kale and potatoes. She thoroughly enjoyed it (I tried some and the pork was perfect) and said she would definitely order it again. Free valet parking is a nice amenity.Special Features:
- the service here mars experiencediner4everVIPDined on 8/2/2014Menu is interesting and most of the food we ordered-branzino, wild boar pasta was good though mashed potatoes were too salty to eat but mac and cheese made up for it. Unfortunately, the service was horrendous. Inapt and inattentive-- a terrible combination that makes the thought of returning there doubtful.
- great food - slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Beatiful building, great food, but either poorly trained or insufficient staff. Don't go if you have theater tickets. Otherwise, linger and enjoy the food. My brie salad was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, solid spotUcffalconDined on 8/1/2014So, I must admit I'm a bit of a foodie so I hope I'm not being too harsh. But the food wasn't "blow me away amazing". It was good don't get me wrong, the pepper soup had a good amount of flavor however, all in all it kind of felt like it wasn't unique or rich enough to say it was amazing. The shrimp and grits had a decent portion and a good flavor overall. Again though it was just 'good', nothing blowing my mind. My intention here is not to say this restaurant was bad the service was in fact very good but I just would have a hard time explaining the prices based on nice looks and great service. I'll go back due to the convenience but it wouldn't be a place I'd take someone that loves food, more a first date kind of place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/31/2014Blue Hill Tavern always a good experience took a friend who had never been there and she is bringing her husband backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Grabbed a couple drinks at the gorgeous bar then had a nice little birthday dinner with my wife. Highly recommend this place for special occasions. Happy hour was well priced with some $5 specialty drinks.Special Features:
- Nice eveningbabs1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good, nice service, nice atmosphere. A bit noisy and I would like to see more variety of choices on the menu- more fish and seafood choices in particular. Quality of the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Average FoodLarryVIPDined on 7/20/2014This was 3rd visit. Average food and disinterested service. On previous visits the food and drink were wonderful, which is why we returned to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The maitre'd was very helpful- we moved to the 1st floor to get away from the deafening noise and vulgar language on the 2nd floor.