Blue Heron Grill
14725 Victor Hugo Blvd
Hugo, MN 55038Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Heron Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blueherongrill.com/
- Phone: 6517561894
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Blue Heron Grill
Blue Heron Grill located in the heart of Hugo. Enjoy dinner, drinks and great happy hour specials! When making your reservation please specify if you would like a high top or regular table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Heron Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- We dined on a Sunday nightdinerDined on 10/6/2013We dined on a Sunday night and the atmosphere was fairly quiet. A one man band was singing and playing the guitar. Food was good and the service was great. We also had dessert and coffee as we were celebrating a birthday. We were asked by the waitress many times if we needed anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place, but the noiseDorothyVIPDined on 9/28/2013Good place, but the noise is unbelievably annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!fondafoodDined on 9/19/2013Great atmosphere, good happy hour prices and good food. Our waitress was efficient and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.Djm1923Dined on 9/18/2013We've always had great food when coming here. The menu is unique and creative. The only problem was the amount if time it took to get and pay our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlacehoneydewemtDined on 8/11/2013We were camping in the area and it was too hot to eat outside, so we decided on the Blue Heron Grill. It was just the 4 of us. We had a great waiter that was very quick witted (just the way we like them) as they have to keep up with all the smart alecks in the group. The food was spectacular and we would go back any time we are in the area!!Special Features:
- Maybe it was a bad night.mzipVIPDined on 7/13/2013We were there on a Saturday evening and there were very few people in the restaurant. It was very quiet. The service was prompt and attentive and remained so throughout the evening.Our waitress was effusive about the Special for that evening. The Special featured crab cakes over risotto. The crab cakes were very deep fried. The batter had no particular taste to it except for fried batter and it overwhelmed the crab. .The risotto was pasty, clumped and bland. My wife had a chicken penne dish. Niether the chicken nor the pasta had any sort of flavor to recommend it. The bartender offered a generous poor for our wine orders and we were grateful for that. Can't imagine going back again.
- Very good!YuminmytumDined on 6/28/2013The resturant is fantastic we went when they had the tent party and it wasn't very busy inside and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Blue Heron was very friendly/prStubbyDined on 6/27/2013The Blue Heron was very friendly/professional and they were able to accommodate 20 plus people (indoor or outdoor) for a surprise birthday party.Special Features:
- Expectations in Hugo MnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2013The Blue Heron Grill met all of our expectations for a sports type bar and grill. Atmosphere is friendly and everything went off without a hitch. Had a business meeting and it was pleasant to have a conversation. Food was very good without being overly expensive. All in all a very nice place to dine in the community.Special Features:
- club dinnerdukeDined on 6/19/2013server was very energetic,took are beverage right , very knowledgeable with the menu. / noise level is a bit to high, had trouble having conversations with are group. all around it was good, would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with ok atmosphere.HungryDined on 6/18/2013Great food with ok atmosphere. It was only 1/4 full but service was slow. The waitress completely forgot to get my wife's coffee. This is Norwegian territory, you don't forget to get their coffee! Interior atmosphere needs something, it is too bland. There was a magician roaming around, but despite being only 1/4 full he didn't make to us at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayCaroleeDined on 6/16/2013We came with a group of 5 and had great service and great food!Special Features:
- Meeting friends at the Blue HeronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2013Great location for meeting friends coming from the north and west and heading to St. Paul. We all had wonderful salads. The ambience was great. Definitely will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2013We chose Blue Heron for a second time for a birthday celebration. We chose Tuesday night because of the magician and the kids eat free promotion. Overall, it was very good and we would return. The food and prices were quite acceptable. It was a bit noisy. We needed to have two of the bills corrected and this should not have been necessary. The magician was excellent and a unique feature.Special Features:
- when you have unlimited time....socialsecretaryDined on 4/29/2013the food is worth the wait. I made reservations on line and sent an e mail asking for a table in a quiet area for a small group of women to enjoy a birthday party. Clearly, this request was ignored. We scouted the restaurant ourselves and found a large booth in a quiet area (far away from the bar!). Our meal requests were simple--from the salad and appetizer section, but the delay was interminable. I finally went to the hostess and asked if we'd been forgotten. Waitress appeared then and said meals usually take 25 min. This had been closer to an hour delay. New customers who arrived at a table long after us were served full meals. This was my third visit. One other had been somewhat similar.
- It was an ok experience. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013It was an ok experience. It was very loud in the bar area where we sat. We had to ask for water for our table twice. Food was fine. I can't say we will rush back for another visit.
- This is our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013This is our first visit. We would have to try other menu items and sit in other places to be able to give a more accurate viewpoint. We do plan to return at some point.Special Features:
- Loud! Food was OK, serviceGrumpaDined on 4/12/2013Loud! Food was OK, service was slow. We wont be back.
- Our waiter was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Our waiter was great. The appetizers were very good. My wife's beef stroganov was delicious. My steak sandwhich was good. My mom's chicken kabobs were good except for the fisrt piece of chicken was overdone. My son's hamburger was over done and dry and would not finish it. YOUR BARTENDER ROCKED THE MOJITOS. Overall it was a good experience, but a little pricy.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2013Even after I made reservations, our 10 minute wait for a spot in the bar area was more like 40 minutes. The hostess showed no control who came & went. Next time, we'll just walk in like everyone else. We split an appetizer & had to ask for plates, napkins & utensils. Main meal: pan-fried walleye - pretty decent & hot when it arrived at our table. Butterfly pork chop was overcooked & dry. We were disappointed that they ran out of fingerling potatoes. We had to take the waffle fries instead. Would not recommend this place on a Wednesday unless you're able to get there before 5:00 or before all the regulars have claimed their territory.Special Features:
- Sit in the bar to enjoy good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013I have been to the Blue Heron Grill many times at the bar. The service in the bar in AWESOME. I have sat in the dining room 3 times and all 3 times the service has been HORRIBLE at best. You get seated right away but it takes an extremely long time to get a drink order placed and when you do it takes forever to get it as well as forever to get your food order as well. To top all of it off when I asked for a soda refill it was like I asked to have the grill named after me. The server brought back the refill and slammed it on the table, I said thanks and the server said nothing and walked away. I would have told the manager but never seen one the whole night.Special Features:
- It was okay . . . Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013It was okay . . . Our waiter was clear on prices && didn't really read our optionsSpecial Features:
- Great meeting place for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great meeting place for groups. I had the Walleye Taco's and they were great.Special Features:
- Our table was completely ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Our table was completely ignored the first 10 minutes. Then they screwed up our drinks a few times, along with other rookie mistakes.
- Tuesdays are kids night andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2013Tuesdays are kids night and they have a magician (He's quite good!).
- A dining business with pride!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Our double 4 ounce sirloins were magnificent with a light plum sauce! Our server was delightful and extremely couteous energetic and responsive. The sirloins took over 30 minutes so the server automatically had the manager comp our drinks and apetizers with desert also. Its always a pleasure when a resturant takea accountability up front without making the dining customer feel guilty or even have to say anything! Thats a business that knows service and how to take care of its customers! Well done we will definately dine here again!Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was my first time at Blue Heron Grill. I was very impressed. Great service, great food and great atmosphere. Took my wife here for valentines day and she was so impressed. I will definitely be going back and highly recommend Blue Heron to my friends and family.Special Features:
- We had a very energetic serverLilacsDined on 2/8/2013We had a very energetic server who was willing to give opinions and knew alot about the menu. Food was good, prices were good. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- We were the noisy group!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013We were the noisy group! Celebrating my retirement! Great food, nice round table that was great for conversation. (More restaurants should use the large round tables for big groups, it was much nicer than a long rectangle.) I would definitely schedule a large group there again. The house salad is a favorite of everyone who tries it!Special Features:
- I've been to the blue heronOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013I've been to the blue heron a couple times but I think this time was the best the food was good & our waiter was very nice .Special Features:
- We went for New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We went for New Year's Eve and to celebrate our one year anniversary. When we first got there, there was food all over the floor. Our server took a long time to greet us and was dressed very unprofessionally (I'm talking sparkly tank top with bra straps showing). She was short with us and pretty rude, and it was not that busy. Wings were ok, but for $10, should have been better. I ordered a 6 oz. New York strip and asked for medium. What came out looked like a burger and had been WAY overcooked. It was so dry and tough it was not edible. For $29.95 for a meal, it was awful. Very disappointed and will not be back.
- New Years Eve with FriendsNemoDined on 12/31/2012Our table was ready early, very nice. The service was ok at best, the staff was not familiar with the menu or specials. The servers were placing food and dishes in all sorts of different places on the table. It is difficult to explain. Some of the food was cold when it arrived to the table. I have found in the past it is better to go with it than to have something re-done. Three of us ordered from the New Years special menu, and those orders were not brought out correctly. There seemed to be alot of confusion. The food was good, but not worth $29.95. We would try eating there again, but will wait for a while.
- Overall great place for food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Great food, great location, and a great place to have dinner or find them during their half price apps deals. Always have the best food!Special Features:
- The food is not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The food is not very good. The starters are overpriced and there is nothing there.Special Features:
- Pick your entrees carefully.HockeymomDined on 11/3/2012My companion's spaghetti was mushy and the two meatballs were very hard. He should have sent back, but it would take too long. The beef kebobs, however, were excellent. Nothing special, but just what I expected in terms of tenderness, doneness (not too) and crisp purple onions and bell peppers. Prices are reasonable. It was noisy, but mostly due to one large group with some obnoxious people -- which can occur anywhere.Special Features:
- Family atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012Waitress was amazing. Salad and homemade dressing great. Buffalo pasta was too rich. Fried cheese curds were not state fair worthy.Special Features: