Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas - Sandy Springs
220 Sandy Springs Circle
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas - Sandy Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluegrottotapas.com/
- Phone: 6787056688
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ma Ma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant 678-705-6688 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Allen 6787056688
- Entertainment: We have live music every Saturday. Our musician is Hiro Sasayama. We promise you will have a good time. He is known to make a easy soul with his sound.
- Special Events: Monday & Tuesday $2 House Wine (per glass) $2 off of all Red and White Wines (per glass) Wednesday is Ladies Night $ 5 Absolut Martinis $ 1 Dollar Beer (Miller Lite, Coors Light, Budweiser, or Bud Light) Thursday Tapas Specials * Select Tapas Starting @ $ 3
A word from Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas - Sandy Springs
Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas is one of the well known neighborhood gems in the heart of Sandy Springs. We offer a variety of delicious dishes ranging from small plates to full size dinner meals. You will be glad that you came to Blue Grotto at the end of your meal. Now we serve both Sushi and tapas for lunch and Dinner. Come to enjoy our great foods and drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas - Sandy Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)romantic (4)special occasion (2)Show More
- great sushimaryVIPDined on 9/19/2014love this place, come here when i want sushi in dunwoody.Special Features:
- Sushi and Tapas night out4fromCobbDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is lovely inside; very clean, trendy, beautifully and simply decorated. Service was a little slow, but very gracious. Nice variety on the menu. We all enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Preparations are still excellent. But the menu has changed to be more Asian focused than tapas focused. But still very good.Special Features:
- Incredible unpretentious find!Mikie71Dined on 8/29/2014The tapas was simply amazing - delicious, unique and fresh. Quiet, cozy little restaurant tucked away from the hectic pace of Roswell Rd. The service was personable and efficient. We went with world traveler Italian/Swiss relatives who were also impressed. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic sushi and tapasCarolVIPDined on 8/22/2014Blue Grotto offers an excellent offering of sushi and tapas. I enjoyed an interesting small plate of scallops over cheese grits. It was outstanding. I also had a shrimp dish over vegetables. The presentation was very attractive, served in china spoons. I've had different dishes each time I've been there. There is also a good selection of sushi. The service couldn't have been better. Our server, Kiki, was gracious and attentive, but not overly so. I ate outdoors which I really enjoyed. The interior dining area is also comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise on Sandy Spring CircleJudithDined on 8/2/2014Tried the Blue Grotto first time Saturday evening. What a cute place. Very pleasant wait people. Great selection of sushi. Enjoyed a great meal and conversation with a good friend. I 'll definately go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencemlsorrelVIPDined on 6/24/2014the food and service are really hard to beat - both are terrificSpecial Features:
- Good food alwaysFoodieBNVIPDined on 6/8/2014Fresh, consistent, good food. We love this place! I wish they would bring back their bread pudding though for dessert in their menu. Also I wish they had some more vegetarian selections in their menu, not vegan, but vegetarian. However they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Blue Grotto Sushi and Tapas - Sandy Springs reviews archive.
- Good sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Went here for dinner Friday night. Sushi was great and service was very attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!LovebluegrottoDined on 5/2/2014Excellent service, great saki selection, and unique and tasty tapas. Great for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!JenniferVIPDined on 4/27/2014We had a nice time here and enjoyed the food. We were able to snag one of the sofas so we were real comfy. The waitress was almost overly attentive, but hey I will take that over being ignored any day. We ordered mostly sushi, which I would say was the best thing we had. We tried the California and Bagel rolls. The chicken lettuce wraps were just OK. We will definitely go back for the sushi - it was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dateTastyDined on 4/27/2014My girlfriend and I went on a date there recently. We came too early before they were open and they still say us and served us immediately. Food was excellent and the servers were extremely friendly. We would say that dinner was prefect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Visiting relatives and we were looking for sushi close by. We love tapas too, so we thought we'd give it a try. We loved sitting in the corner in a relaxed coffee table style booth. We ordered a couple of appetizers, sushi and several tapas dishes that we all shared. EVERYTHING we ordered was absolutely delicious. Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food... couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodDined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent. You can dine outside and love the sofa seats inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent saki and cocktailLovebluegrottoDined on 3/22/2014Excellent saki and cocktail selection Best tapas- mama mei's Goya pot and pistachio shrimp Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a bit loudLisaDined on 3/14/2014We had a nice dinner seated on the couches but there was a party in the main dining room with 4-5 kids that were very loud and running all over the restaurant. It certainly distracted from our time together but once they left the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeSuzeeQVIPDined on 3/7/2014this is my go to restaurant when I am craving asianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away in Sandy SpringsBosslady57Dined on 3/1/2014Blue Grotto could be so easliy overlooked as it is tucked away in a shopping center in Sandy Springs. The ambiance is relaxing and the sushi and tapas were fantastic. If you can get the couch seating on the side that is a perfect place for a quiet evening of food and drinks.Special Features:
- Everything they say it isBigPaPaVIPDined on 2/18/2014Great food and outstanding service made for a great night to remember. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Love this place!JladyDined on 2/17/2014My cousin and I regularly meet here after work, we can't get enough. Everything is great, the tapas, the sushi, the drinks - definitely a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceWinsorPDined on 2/14/2014This is by far the waste service I have ever experience, and it was from a Japanese Sushi bar of all places? We stood and waited for a little over 5 minutes before anyone tried to seat us, and that was after flagging down 2 of the works. It took them 15 minutes after seating us to come take our drink order. An addition 10 minutes before we got water on our table and then an addition 10 minutes before I got my drink and another 8 before my girlfriend got hers. Then it took 40 minutes before we got our food which was so bland it did not make up for the poor service at all. Need less to say, I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Love this little neighborhoodAtlantaDinerDined on 1/23/2014Love this little neighborhood gem. Has great lounge seating for an intimate affair or large group gathering. Thursday nights they run specials on popular Tapas and Sushi. I cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!jlbpDined on 1/11/2014I use ScoutMob and Open Table to find lots of new places. This place was wonderful. We sat at a table but there was a neat and cozy seating area to the left of the entrance after you walked in. The cucumber mojito was amazing. Highly recommend! And we got 4 tapas dishes and 2 sushi rolls. We were beyond full! Sadly, they were out of green tea creme bruleé, but maybe next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014Food, ambience, service, all were very good. The other good reviews are accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever2AtlantansNTorontoDined on 12/24/2013It had been a couple of years since we last dined at Blue Grotto, and we really liked the changes. Our family normally doesn't eat sushi, but we're converts now! We've found a new local favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spicy tuna roll EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/13/2013Finding great sushi for a reasonable price isn't always easy to do. Blue Grotto is some of the BEST sushi I've had in Atlanta. I strongly suggest trying the crunchy spicy tuna roll! Best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orange Sushi RocksSdySprgsFoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2013We had a really dinner and loved the Orange Sushi. Service was very attentive. Made for a very nice Saturday night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi & TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/1/2013Great selection of quality Sushi & Tapas. Good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good little restaurantCST2000Dined on 10/18/2013Eclectic menu, Asian inspired. Minimal sushi choices, but good tasting dishes, nice presentation. Very friendly and attentive staff, quick service, prompt response. Quiet even on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantCarolVIPDined on 8/4/2013My friend and I enjoyed our dining experience. I like the decor. What impressed me most was the presentation. We had a salad and small plates. They were very inviting to look at and also delicious. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Tapas for youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013A friend had recommended this restaurant for its tapas.... and we were not disappointed. We ordered 4 different dishes and found them to be tasty and quite generous. Sharing the 4 was definitely sufficient for the two of us. We will go back.Special Features:
- Nice, out of town stopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013We were looking for a place outside of Downtown Atlanta and stumbled upon this place. Great food and quiet atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good specialty rolls/Service lackedMermaidVIPDined on 7/3/2013Food was good, service lacked. Didn't get cocktails until after our salads were served and stressed we "don't want them for dessert" and almost cancelled cocktail order. side order of fried rice was not available until after we ate the sushi. we cancelled the fried rice. Specialty rolls were GREAT! basic California roll tasted like grocery store roll, bad. We would only return if there was another Scout Mob or coupon to be used, otherwise, there are other sushi places with much better service. The service timing was Awful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wasn't what we were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2013Just wasn't what we were looking for. Would be great if you live a mile away and could pop in when a craving hit. I won't drive 40 mins for it again.
- Each item of food we triedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2013Each item of food we tried was very tasty. Good sushi and great tapas (most with an Asian flair). Wine list could be a bit larger. Loved the cushion seating areas. Plan on going back with friends for a fun night of food and conversation.Special Features:
- The food did not impress.RyanMulderigDined on 1/15/2013The food did not impress. There are many tapas restaurants in Atlanta that have better food. Likewise, I have had much better sushi. The hummus was nearly flavorless, The various sushi rolls were tolerable, but no better. The avocado roll was the best item I had.
- Happy choice !JudithDined on 1/5/2013We were very pleased with our visit. We ordered selections from both menus. So many items looked interesting, we ordered a bit too much. Wine selection were sufficient for both the red and white wine drinker. Will return.Special Features:
- Great for Sushi loverOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/26/2012Great sushi restaurant. I have taken the kids there a few times and they loved it. Its one of the best sushi restaurants in Atlanta. I have to say you can find cheaper prices if you are trying to feed a large group or family, but if you're looking for taste you cant beat it. Its about 8 to 12 dollars a roll. I have already planned for our next trip.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantFoodieBNVIPDined on 12/1/2012Our favorite restaurant. Fresh, flavorful food, consistent and tasty, good service.Special Features:
- Great food and a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2012Great food and a great experience. Its great for groups, however if youre trying to find a nice quiet plays for a date its a hit or miss. I have gone back 3 time in 5 days and there was a large crowd one night. Other thank that it was great and I will go back next week.Special Features: