Blue Ginger Sushi & Lounge
6320 Route 53 Suite 100
Woodridge, IL 60517Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Blue Ginger Sushi & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluegingersushi.com/
- Phone: 6303536000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Blue Ginger would love to cater your special event. For details, menu options, and any other info, please contact Justin Choi directly.
A word from Blue Ginger Sushi & Lounge
Contemporary at its best - Add value to the suburbs freshest sushi with amazing specials everyday! Half off bottles of select wine everyday of the week! MON $1 Hot Sake TUE $3 Large Sapporo Beer WED $5 Martinis THUR **$3 rolls FRI – SAT **FREE ROLL with bills $50 or more SUN FREE Edamame with purchase of any roll or entrée ** Any roll $10 and under Specials are for limited time and are subject to change without noticeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Ginger Sushi & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Just "okay"OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/12/2013Meh I am a big fan of sushi and was really disappointed to find that the primary roll choices on the menu were rolls that either consisted mainly of tempura-fried items and/or rolls that were filled with cream cheese or mayonaise. Definitely "Americanized" versions...so, if you are squeamish about trying sushi, this would be the place for you. They did have standaed rolls and nigiri sushi choices, but the quality was just "okay." Overall, it's not a bad place--but there are definitely better sushi choices in the area. The service was also REALLY SLOW. There was a huge gap of time between our appetizer an the arrival of the main meal.
- You won't be diss appointedBrew2goDined on 1/5/2013Second time at BGS now. Very consistent and fresh sushi. Our service was exceptional. We will return.Special Features:
- My husband and I have alwaysTammySueVIPDined on 12/29/2012My husband and I have always enjoyed every dish we have tried. Servers are very nice. Best Mojito I have had in a while, but they could only serve me one.
- Very helpful staff in explainingHealthyFoodLoverVIPDined on 12/3/2012Very helpful staff in explaining Sushi to "new arrivals". Our waitress Ivana was extremely cordial and helpful. Food was excellent. My wife and I have dined here several times and never have been disappointed. Location is very convenient to Seven Bridges Theatre and we dine after the MetOpera Live 3 D performances. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not returning to Blue GingerRonAVIPDined on 11/29/2012Sad to say this was not a good dining experience.We checked in with the hostess and it seemed that the staff was very eager to get off of work.We made the reservation obviously on Open Table at the time available of 8:15 assuming we would have a relaxed late night dinner. Our drink order was wrong, none of the staff noticed we were short 2 place settings, and since there is always the 'slow eater' in the group, while our friend was finishing his dinner the lights were turned off!! Needless to say, dessert was not an option.
- what changed?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/29/2012we have gone to blue ginger many times , and have always loved it, but this last time we went ,it seemed that the place had changed. our experience was less than our others. when we got our order, we smelled the slight oder of fish. but could not trace it downthat's the first time we've had that happen there
- We have dined there 5 timeshappydinerVIPDined on 11/3/2012We have dined there 5 times and the food & service seemed different ...different owner/management/chef ??? just not 4/5 rating as before
- Great maki rolls and sashimi,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2012Great maki rolls and sashimi, with good creativity in the maki. Our kids love to come here to celebrate a great report card, and my 8 year old found he loves the sashimi! Service was good, very little noise. Definitely a favorite, and we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I decidedDaveDined on 9/22/2012My girlfriend and I decided that we wanted to try some sushi so we picked this place because it was close to us. Place has very modern decor, and a good sushi bar where you can sit and watch the rolls being prepared. We just ordered the signature rooks which were well prepared. I would definitely go back hereSpecial Features:
- Always an awesome meal atFoodBlogger1VIPDined on 9/20/2012Always an awesome meal at BG! Very creative with their specialty rolls and everything tastes great!Special Features:
- Slipping from where this onceEddieMerlotFanVIPDined on 8/31/2012Slipping from where this once was, the menu appears the same, but what you get is different than what was the standard before.
- The sushi is incredible andNatMDined on 7/28/2012The sushi is incredible and delicious. The bar bill is way too high. Recommend the food, drink before or after you go. Our martini's were the same price as a sushi roll.Special Features:
- Vicky is the best server.AutoShowVIPDined on 7/6/2012Vicky is the best server. Prices are a bit high. Great Martini menu.Special Features:
- Wanted to try a local sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2012Wanted to try a local sushi place and went with Blue Ginger. Not the best sushi I ever had in my life, but it was good. They have some unique rolls though that were definitely worth returning for.
- Nice place, good food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2012Nice place, good food, great atmosphere. Just slow service every time I come here, even when it's not packed. Expect to be here 2 hours. Other than that, its got a very comfortable, hip, and fun environment.Special Features:
- Wonderful and freshTammySueVIPDined on 4/21/2012The food is always wonderful and fresh. I am not so sure what is happening at the bar. Either they say they don't have that drink and the table next to us gets it or they mix the cocktail with the wrong ingredience.Special Features:
- Overall Good quality Sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Overall Good quality Sushi. I have been to many top sushi hot spots across the country and this on is in the upper half. They have some creative rolls with unique flavor parings. Portions are a bit on the small side for the price but overall a good experience. I have been here twice and would come back again.Special Features:
- I love this place. My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012I love this place. My favorite sushi roles of all time are here. However, the restaurant has had many items-some of my favorites- taken off their menu, and we even brought our own bottle of wine in the car, because on a previous visit, very few of the wines on the wine list were available. I hope they can get it together because I would HATE to see it close. They are not inexpensive, and can see where people would stop going, when the price is higher, and you can't get half the items offered on the menu.
- Unbelievable dining experiencemrmozartDined on 4/8/2012This was our 6th visit to Blue Ginger and we again had a wonderful dining experience. There has been a change in management and I believe there are new chefs as well, so we were a bit concerned when we didn't see some of our favorite items on the menu. I highly recommend the 7 spicy Ahi--it's not on the menu but they will make it. The Pineapple Mojito is new and very nice on the palate. Kelly, our food server, was friendly and attended our requests.Special Features:
- Good Sushi rolls, good sashimi.Brew2goDined on 4/6/2012Good Sushi rolls, good sashimi. Great service. I would recommend Blue Ginger Sushi.Special Features:
- Overall a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2012Overall a good experience, although a couple of things to note. I was surprised that the only vegetarian appetizer was edamame ... and that they didn't even have a side seaweed salad. We ended up getting four rolls - two specialty rolls (8 pieces each) and two regular rolls (6 pieces). Note that some rolls are not on their menu (like the sweet potato tempura roll), so it's worth asking if they have something if you don't see it on the menu. Four rolls for three people was just enough - we could have ordered another, but didn't need to. The service was ok, but not great. We were waiting for one diner at the beginning, but our waitress didn't ask if we wanted to order drinks or an appetizer until we were all seated and didn't check in a lot.Special Features:
- Noisy...if u stick with theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012Noisy...if u stick with the sushi you’re in good shape but the steak was horrible and our server seemed to have trouble with her English. Just regular coffee? No espresso or cappuccino. Post the sushi big disappointment.Special Features:
- Was there for a business lunch;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012Was there for a business lunch; the service and food: very impressive.Special Features:
- We have visited before andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/17/2012We have visited before and the food is always top notch. They were not very busy at all on the night we went, so turning tables was not an issue. We were there with friends whom we had not seen in some time, so we were catching up and in no big hurry. Our server was prompt in getting our drink order, and at that time we told her we would be eating a leasurly dinner. She said that was fin, yet she CONTINUALLY (every 5 minutes) kept asking us if we were ready to order. Again, we reminded her we were in no hurry, and again she said "OK". Yet she continued to pester us.Special Features:
- Good but room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2012I'm very upset that the spring roll was taken off the menu. That was my favorite appetizer. The catapillar was also taken off the menu. Thats one of the best rolls you have had. My whole group eats that one roll. Hope they both come back. Down-sizing the menu is not always a good idea to keep customer. Service was ok, was friendly, but not very energetic. But he/she did make sure that we had everything we needed. We gave him/her a great tip, and didnt even come back to thank us. As a past server, not a very polite thing to do. But either way, food was great, that is one of my favorite suhi places. Eddame was amazing and so was the crab cake.Special Features:
- Good service, but menu fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Good service, but menu from online does not match what is in the restaurant. Though the server was great, I felt like she made a giant scene when my order was not correct too many apologies... just fx it and move on. I felt singled out, because the restaurant was too quiet. The music could barely be heard, and their weren;'t enough people in the restaurant to muffle out noises.Special Features:
- Over priced for the amountHol21VIPDined on 2/16/2012Over priced for the amount or quality of the food. The specialty rolls had little or zero taste to them. The sushimi was over price for the size of the pieces. The waitress was great but food wasn't up to par.
- Great food and drinks. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Great food and drinks. Good service. Definitely coming back. Also very accommodating.Special Features:
- Our waiter was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2012Our waiter was friendly and helpful. Arrived at 5:30 to a mostly empty restaurant which surprised us for a Friday evening, but weather was not ideal. Service was fast and friendly. Food was delicious, although a bit on the expensive side. Enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere, however, when full expect it to be noisy as tables are close together.Special Features:
- Have been here multiple timestennisfanDined on 2/4/2012Have been here multiple times and never have been disappointed. Food was great as usual. Service was unusually slow but not horrible le. Will definitely be back again. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- the kitchen was a little slowhappydinerVIPDined on 1/28/2012the kitchen was a little slow but O.K. the food was greatSpecial Features:
- SO SO SUSHIJomamaVIPDined on 1/21/2012I would say a few things did not appeal to me about this place. They sat us right alongside the sushi bar. I was no too thrilled about watching the chefs cook, too distracting. The service was extremely slow that night and we did not see the server to order our drinks for about 20 minutes. She kept blaming the kitchen as the reason for her absence The maki was OK, but nothing really impressed me. I thought their basic rolls, California and Spider, were a bit pricy. My Pomegranate Martini was good, but I'm not sure if there was any alcohol in it. I'm not sure I'd return as the parking was terrible due to too many restaurants in such a small area. We did like the modern decor.
- Awesome spot for special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2012The mushroom-leek springrolls were ok and not crazy good.The curry pasta was good. It was different but good(nice tangy zest). The spiced cod(just by itself was very good). But the overall dish was ok because of the shrimp gumbo. Felt like something was missing.you must try the peking quail!pros: they have coat check! The staff was super friendly. Service is excellent!For us service is more important when we go out on special occasions. We just don't want the hostess and the servers to spoil the mood. At times when service is super important, blue-ginger is the place to go.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2012The food was amazing, the sashimi was fresh and the special rolls were unique and exciting. Everything was delicious, I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- While the menu is smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011While the menu is smaller than in the past, the quality of the food has not changed....fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Service was extremely poor.joeyDined on 12/27/2011Service was extremely poor. it is rare that i find myself needing to order beverages in advance due to the long periods of time with no contact from our server. She also di dnot have a smile on her face..made it seem like we were a bother to her! Probably won't be returning here.
- Half the things on the menufeemDined on 12/15/2011Half the things on the menu they were no longer making and supposedly not there because they were changing their menu this happened to us at our last visit about 2 months ago and the excuse was teh same "we are changing our menu"
- Outstanding service, my boyfriendUpSnoFnVIPDined on 12/7/2011Outstanding service, my boyfriend has terrible arthritis in one of his hands (his chop-stick hand) and the waitress noticed and created a rubber-band aparatus for him to use during our dinner.Special Features:
- Some Great Menu ChoicesDwpLjpVIPDined on 11/19/2011Some excellent menu choices, like the sea bass, and some of the creative sushi rolls. One female server in particular is always great to have, but others can be less attentive. Dining room feels a bit cold with the hard wood floor and table/chair choice. But we've almost always had a good time and good food, and the summer patio is enjoyable as well.
- Location limits the menu to mundaneOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/19/2011This was our second visit to Blue Ginger. Overall it is a good compromise for my wife and I. I am into the more exotic aspects of Nigiri and Sashimi and my wife like Maki and hot items. The maki here are very well put together and huge. However, there are a lot that have cream cheese or mayonaisse in them, so you have to look a little harder to find cleaner flavors. The White Sox and Urban Heat are both pretty good and the mayo is not overpowering. The selection of Nigiri and Sashimi is pretty standard and decently prepared. Things like Natto, Uni and Saba are not always available which tells you a lot about the family-friendly suburban clientele. Overall, it has a nice urbanesque vibe and decent food.