Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129181400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
593 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (201)special occasion (160)good for groups (152)great for lunch (140)neighborhood gem (127)hot spot (112)vibrant bar scene (111)great for brunch (105)romantic (84)late-night find (66)notable wine list (52)scenic view (34)kid-friendly (33)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Worst dining experienceChloeDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at Blue Fin on many occasions. I will not be back. We alerted them at the start we were pre-theater. We complained repeatedly when the food did not show up for one hour. Then, they presented a whole lobster and took it away. Food arrived at 7:10 so we were rushed and stressed. Lobster tough and I edible, even with steak knife. Drinks did not arrive. Sides did not come, even when the food came. Then they brought wrong sides. children didn't get ketchup after repeated requests. They didn't refi.l our water until we chased them down to do so. The waiter was rude bordering on jaw dropping. They comped the sides we had no time to eat (and were cold). We had no offer for coffee or dessert, nor time to do so. Just the WORST.
- Good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This the 4th visit. It must be good for us to rerun every trip. Though my tower this time was smaller, but it is still very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Blue Fin is in the center if the action in Times Square. Funky decor, fantastic food. A little loud but hey, it's in Times Square! Service was excellent. Location is perfect for a pre-theater showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed through a mediocre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014For an upscale restaurant in the heart of Times Square this place was a disappointment. The decor was upscale coffee shop and noisy. The chairs were uncomfortable. The menu was very limited and eclectic substituting kale for romaine lettuce on the Caesar salad and broccoli robb as the only hot vegetable offering. There were very few fish selections and the portions were small. The starches did not include a baked potato. The Polenta was a very tasty alternative and probably the best part of the meal. The service was overly attentive to the point that we felt rushed and percieved the food was pre-made when the appetizer and salads arrived within 5 minutes. My entree plate was removed before finishing resulting in my scolding the waiter.
- Amazing seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014We were seated upstairs with a view of the beautiful fish mobile against the wavy wall. We shared the mid sized seafood tower of oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster, crab and 2 ceviches. It was all incredibly fresh and delish! Our young waiter was very attentive and remembered our special requests. Our shaved salads were equally yummy. All in all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014As New Yorkers know, its tough to find a good restaurant in Times Square. HAve been coming to Blue Fin for years and it remains a mainstay for me. Very good food, plesant attentive service in a hip room. I recommend!Special Features:
- Always goodBrooklynDaveDined on 8/27/2014I took friends visiting from out if town. I always recommend the restaurant since the food us always good and it has excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We had a group of 14, and the service was great. Good wine list, we ordered a couple of each appetizer for the table, and split about six deserts after dinner. The group loved it. We were staying at the Marriott Marquis, so the location was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingmizsgrizVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant is great for pre-theater or for that matter any time you want a good meal. For the first time I ordered the spring rolls; they were crispy and delicious. My husband ordered the chopped salad which was equally delicious. For the main course, the Branzino was exceptionally good; cooked just right. As always, the waiter gave impeccable service. Blue Fin is definitely a winner and we would definitely recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great experience for pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014We keep returning to Blue Fin because of the crisp, attractive decor, attentive service, diverse menu selections and consistently delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love BlueFincathygripVIPDined on 8/26/2014BlueFin is always a go to for me. I love the sushi selections as well as the salads. I always have a healthy lunch option. We will always come back to BlueFin.Special Features:
- ReliableDTTSDined on 8/26/2014Three for lunch. Service was spotty. No bread. Took nearly 25 minutes to get food to table. I have had better experiences but still not bad. Staff always pleasant though. Interesting that there is never the same host staff, never welcomed back. Not that it really makes a difference as I always come back. See you again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing date nightPerfectDateNightDined on 8/24/2014I took my girlfriend here on a date. After seeing Kinky Boots, we were starving and she had no idea what to expect. After walking to Blue Fin after the show, we were beyond happy with the amazing food, constant and friendly service, and perfect atmosphere. This was a perfect date night location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish served Luke warm.FarawayDined on 8/22/2014Dish completely replaced, not just reheated, with genuine apologies and a small dessert gift bag to take home as a way to say sorry. Overall, a surprisingly nice place to dine before or after the theater in the middle of Tine Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi godsDexwoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant being next door to one of my favourite hotels- #W, makes it one that I frequent whenever I'm in the city and they have never disapointed me. What ever you occasion, simply go or preferably make a RSVP (Open Table), you would be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!DaliDined on 8/19/2014I had dinner on Tuesday at Blue Finn and was happy with the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining Experienceladymgm1464VIPDined on 8/17/2014My guest was an elderly 87-year gentleman- doesn’t get out often/hard of hearing so it’s a treat when we do. Our intention was a special introduction and to celebrate my engagement but the noise level was unbearable, no one can hear each so we really did not get down to why we went out that evening or enjoy. It was like being at a diner nothing special, not the experience we expected for almost $200 and car service. The manager was informed and sent over some soy beans- edamame as a compliment really! We would have appreciated if he sincerely checked in on us instead. After all, customers are the reason they have a job. 2/5 times here with an issue.Special Features:
- Best brunch in the theater districtjudybVIPDined on 8/17/2014You need to advertise more clearly on your outdoor poster that the price of the entree at brunch includes a cocktail and coffee/tea. It's not evident. I find Blue Fin to be better priced than even the local diners' brunch and there is no comparison with the food and ambiance one gets a Blue Fin.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014The food was okay nothing special for the price. The neighborhood is hectic on a Friday night, I do not recommend if you are not into large crowds. The waitress disappeared at the end of the night and I had to run her down for the check and to give her out card, twice!Special Features:
- Excellent Food at the Blue FinCynthiaKDined on 8/15/2014Four of us had dinner here recently on a Friday night. This was my third visit since May. Started with East/West & Raspberry Point Oysters, Californication Roll, Tempura Shrimp and went on to mains of Shrimp & Lobster Spring Rolls with Shrimp Dumplings, the Cod and the Sesame Tuna. All very, very good. Enjoyed a bottle of Chezatte Sancerre with our meal. Desserts included a selection of sorbets (mango lime, prickly pear & cantaloupe) and caramel popcorn, accompanied by a glass of Caposaldo Moscato dessert wine. (Only negative was that I ordered my tuna medium rare but it was more medium and over cooked. Will stick to rare from now on.) Total for dinner including tax, before tip, came to $290.Special Features:
- Great for Pre-Theatermilst1Dined on 8/15/2014Skip Red Lobster. This is a much better option for seafood and conveniently located near the Theater District. Seafood tower was great. Big enough to handle groups but the tourist trade seems to steer clear, thankfully. Could be the prices, but you get what you pay for, high quality and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner during resturant weekll2dineoutDined on 8/15/2014Seated immediately. We never felt rushed. Waiter made great suggestions. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014the service was a little slow. maybe we should've explained that we were on a lunch break. but the server was lovely. we asked for suggestions and she was very helpful about that and concerned that we were happy with our choices. all-in-all good food, but my biggest complaint is that there were flies, more than one and we had to shoo them away a few times. went with a co-worker and this was a tremendous turn off.
- Great experience.CatalinaDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this place for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014We made a 5:15 reservation, but got there early. they sat us immediately and was I glad we made the reservation. Getting towards 5:30 and after the place was jumping, everyone going to the theater. It was restaurant week, so we opted for the 3 course menu. Delicious! Dessert was included which was a plus, but not coffee. The only disappointment, they offered you complimentary wine on the special, but we don't drink, so we asked for soda, which they then charged us for. Thought that was a little tacky.Special Features:
- Convenient, goodVioloncelle74VIPDined on 8/14/2014We were looking for a decent quick lunch in the Times Square area and were able to book Blue Fin. The food was good, service ok, and price reasonable for midtown NYC. Just what we wanted.Special Features:
- Great deal for restaurant weekFoodieNewbieDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant doesn't give you cheap ingredients and uninspiring for the restaurant menu like many other places do. The service is very quick and friendly. The food tastes like it should in its price range and can see that the chef actually did put some thought into creating the menu for restaurant week. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Great seafoodTastywordsDined on 8/13/2014The crab roll and cod fish were delicious. The service was great and accommodating.Special Features:
- okaybarca22Dined on 8/13/20143 stars because the food was okay, the costumer service was okay and the drinks were okay!. But if you are visiting New York and you are looking for something out of the ordinary this is definitely not the place to go.Special Features:
- TLCHelenVIPDined on 8/13/2014Post theater delight! We arrived after seeing The Lion King with two hungry, exhausted, allergy-ridden grandchildren. We were figuratively embraced with warmth, care, and precision by our outstanding waiter. He brought our well crafted sushi, fresh delicious oysters, perfectly grilled shrimp, and well constructed cocktails (for the adults!) to our table swiftly and accurately. The complex ordering was executed patiently and perfectly. I have attended several large and small group dinners. They do a great job. Consistent well prepared fresh seafood. One of my top go to spots in Times Square. The bar has the best people watching on the planet...and great cosmos too!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I go to Blue Fin a number of times a year. It was always reliable and perfect for business lunches. This week it was not. It may have been the day (Matinee Wednesday) or just a fluke but the service was very slow and the food was not seasoned well. There are better choices in the neighborSpecial Features:
- Good choicemarshDined on 8/13/2014We were taking our three granddaughters to theatre and celebrating their birthdays. Timing was good, birthdays were acknowledged, everyone enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service too fastJaneDined on 8/13/2014The main course was served at same time as appetizer within 5 minutes of ordering. The restaurant was not full but they began clearing while we were still eating. The waiter forgot to ask for my meal without cheese. The good was good but salty. The service was unprofessional. If we did not eat slowly and order coffee we would have been done in 30 minutes. No apologies for the goofs.
- Another great mealALBSHNJDined on 8/12/2014Every time I am in the area near the Blue Fin restaurant I always go there for a great meal, great service and a lovely environment. It is certainly one of the best restaurants in the theatre district and one is always assured of a delicious meal. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Location, location, locationVacationjunkyDined on 8/12/2014Right at the southwest corner of Broadway and 47th, this location is perfect for dinner pre- theater when your time is limited. We used the restaurant week menu which altered slightly from what was listed. The spicy crab maki had real crab, was mildly spicy and delicious. The peach shortcake had a light, flaky biscuit with whipped cream, very important to the success of a shortcake I believe. I had the cod off the restaurant week menu as was disappointed. I felt the spicy barbecue sauce did not blend well with the purée underneath. However, the cod itself was melt in your mouth good. My dining companion had the salmon which was flaky and fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ordinary foodJudyDined on 8/12/2014ordinary food, nothing special it is not worth to make a special trip.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was not good, at all. We will not be back.
- Wonderful Food at Times Square!TriciaVIPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a delightful dinner here! It is right off of Times Square and has a lovely interior of crystal and ocean colors. Amazing full sushi and sashimi bar - so many choices that my husband and sister-in-law found it hard to make up their minds for their appetizers! I loved my Tempora Shrimp with Mango/Yuzu sauce and steak filet. My husband enjoyed the red snapper - Do come here you will love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellcent BrunchDougMDined on 8/10/2014We had an excellent brunch this past Sunday. Food was tasty and filling. The service was very efficient and pleasant. Overall a great place for lunch in the theater district.Special Features:
- excellentrbocaVIPDined on 8/9/2014good food and good service. we enjoyed our pre theater lunch.Special Features: