Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 918-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
611 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (262)good for groups (170)special occasion (159)hot spot (139)great for lunch (137)neighborhood gem (135)vibrant bar scene (111)great for brunch (91)late-night find (75)romantic (68)notable wine list (53)scenic view (35)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great Place for Fish!!!! and Wonderful Service!!!joanieVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great Place for Fish!!!! and Wonderful Service!!! Thank you for a super experience. Dennis FranzI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great as was service. Awful table spotbeverlyDined on 11/19/2014Had booked well over a month in advance. Restaurant was not busy at 5 PM.. They sat us in this corner table and I asked to be moved and was told nothing was available. Then, by the door, the cold air started to creep in every time someone entered the W Hotel. Just awful, Woulld not go there again even though the food is good
- a pre theater gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014wonderful for pre theater dinner or lunch. Fast service and wonderful sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York Sushi PlaceTOPDCDinerVIPDined on 11/18/2014Excellent food, the service was perfect! Thanks Kevin, our waiter. Request to be seated upstairs; we'll do so next time. Seems like the upstairs is a bit more upscale. Unfortunately we were there the coldest night of the year thus far and were close to the door so it was a bit chilly. The food and service more than made up for it though. Try the Lobster and Shrimp spring rolls, the veal meatballs and tuna tartar; outstanding. All of our nigiri and rolls were excellent. We had one non-sushi person with us. He had the NY Strip, Peppercorn steak - it was prepared perfectly. Would return the next time we are in NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014One of the best pre-theatre restaurants in the Broadway District. It always exceeds even high expectations. Would hold its own on as just a dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A brunch enjoyed by all!CurlyLocksVIPDined on 11/16/2014Although the Blue Fin no longer has a vegan option on its menu, the staff the was wonderfully accommodating. Out of our party of four, I was the only "special" diner. Our astute server listened carefully as I suggested several plant-based items from listed menu items. The kitchen ably followed through, and I had a most enjoyable brunch. My husband and friends were very pleased with their menu choices. We all liked the complimentary drinks and coffee/tea. Based on this and past experiences, I would definitely recommend the Blue Fin. The serving staff has always best excellent, and the food enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great location with outstanding food & service!SpaGirlDined on 11/15/2014Dont let the small bar seen from the street deceive you that this is a small venue. Blue Fin boasts 2 levels of tasteful dining. The menu does not disappoint and the presentation is glorious! The service we had was attentive, friendly and efficient without being overbearing. An absolutely delightful dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, TERRIBLE servicehautefoodDined on 11/15/2014Im not one to be picky however my dinner at blue fin is one to report. The waitress had taken our order and then came back a half an hour later with the wrong sushi (basically the whole meal) when we confronted her on this, she went back to the kitchen and came back with another order again which was not ours. We never ended up getting our food we oroginally ordered, and she didnt bring the drinks either until we started eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uwsFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014disappointing this time. pushy and aggressive service. average food.
- service extraordinaremainlinebookerDined on 11/15/2014The guys who waited on us couldn't have been more lovely and hospitable. I am a vegan and they helped me pick out a meal that really worked for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater winnerRilsDined on 11/14/2014This is a great spot for pre-theater dinner. The service is prompt and friendly and the seafood is excellent. The wine list had a few good reasonably priced bottles and overall it was a good value although not cheap. It is the best choice we have found in the area near the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winning mealMoochieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Our group of 4 returned to Blue Fin with a limited dining window. The server was made aware of our needs and was attentive without making us feel rushed. We were able to enjoy a leisurely meal, linger over dessert, and still make our 7pm curtain. The food, as always, was excellent and there are several nice choices for our gluten/lactose free diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LupineDined on 11/14/2014This was my second visit for dinner. This time we brought our friends for dinner before a show. Blue Fin did not disappoint! Our table for 6 was located upstairs. I found the atmosphere there even better than the ground level. More relaxing. We ordered the seafood tower as an appetizer. It was very fresh and had a great selection. Our entrees were all delicious. Service was top notch as well. Great martinis too. No complaints. Will be back! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Menu special Blue Finfoodie2inlaVIPDined on 11/14/2014One of my favorite places for a great seafood meal in NYC is at Blue Fin in Times Square at the W. They have a special lunch menu from 12-2 during week only I think-you get choice of appetizer, entree and dessert for $29.00. I had the spicy salmon roll and cooked salmon for lunch with broccoli rabe, chocolate chip cookies for dessert-all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seen better days...Lml4400VIPDined on 11/13/2014From the moment you walk in, the hostess makes you feel like she's doing you a favor. Normally I wouldnt fight but it was late, we were hungry and tired. I went to Open Table and booked at the exact time we were standing there. Waiter ignored us for more than 10 minutes. when the food came it was mediocre - overcooked Branzino. Its too bad this place is so convenient otherwise it could simply die the death of most Times Sq venues and make room for something worthwhile
- DisappointingBobbyVIPDined on 11/13/2014The sesame encrusted tuna I ordered, despite being ordered rare, was way over cooked. The rest of the dnh of pasta was mediocre at best and at $34, priced much higher even in NY than the food deserved. Service was pleasant but made me feel rushed. After many positive comments from friends, must have been a seriously off night..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014It's modern and speak, but so loud you can't hear across the table. The staff made a sincere effort to find us the quietest booth upstairs in the back, but still....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theater dinner.WeezmoonVIPDined on 11/12/2014Menu disappointing. Eaten here over 2 dozen times Menu much more limited then previously. Service was extreme spotty and manager was extremely arrogant. Waitress Delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableNickVIPDined on 11/12/2014Perfect pre or post theater option, varied menu choices, whether you're looking to share many appetizers or one main entree. Service can be quick if you need it to be, but they never rush you if you have time to linger. Personally, I wish portion sizes were bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinTasticFinTASTICDined on 11/12/2014We go to Blue Fin once a month for lunch prior to the theatre. Food is always good and the staff eager to please. Unfortunately, we were seated at table 25 that gives us full access to servers retrieving customers meals. For the first time, we noticed that they seemed overwhelmed with getting the meals out. Might have been overly busy lunch hour, but still the same it was a little less professional Otherwise, I think Blue Fin is the best restaurant in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Always goodRegalLadyDined on 11/11/2014The food is always good. The bar downstairs provides the best people watching available in NYC. Just plan to have a seat before 10:30 when the shows let out....then it is wall to wall and tougher to get a cocktail.Special Features:
- Great location, fine restaurantBradDined on 11/11/2014We needed to find a restaurant for a pre-theater dinner, and the web site pictures looked great. The place is beautiful. The walk upstairs was hard on our legs (injuries), but great view. Waiter was attentive, and friendly, and we spoke of his career as a guitarist. Plus when the food arrived, he immediately grabbed my plate, seeing there was sauce I had requested not be there, and took it back. My wife very much enjoyed her entrée, and her appetizer, and we were both impressed with the location, the décor, the food, and the service. The only slight black eye, was an employee yelling at another from near the back as I exited the rest room, "People want more money, but they don't want to do their f***ing jobs!" It didn't bother me, but a few other people who heard seemed offended. So, I highly recommend Blue Fin to anyone eating in the Times Square area! (In fact, at the show, two young ladies sitting next to me asked if we knew of anywhere to eat nearby...and I did recommend they visit Blue Fin!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!NYCEatsandtheatreDined on 11/11/2014One of my favorites! Consistently excellent food and great service, Blue Fin is one of my top picks for pre-theatre dining. Delicious seafood and inventive sushi dishes with a slick, vibrant, and cool vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The fillet mignon and New York stake are delicious. :)Special Features:
- Great choice!LauraVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went to the Blue Fin on saturday night before going to the Iridium. This was a great find. There is a small sushi bar and great and a decent menu. The waiter was very nice and very attentive. It was really good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as Usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Blu Fin is wonderful. The seafood is consistently delicious and fresh as can be. The Sushi is superb. David Ferrier, the manager does a superb job of making our dining experience special every time we dine at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationDined on 11/8/2014Celebrating our anniversary, complimentary champagne arrived tableside; a very nice, thoughtful touch! The food was more generous than expected (a pleasant surprise) and the cost of this NYC restaurant was certainly kind on the wallet.Special Features:
- Pre-theatreluvfoodDined on 11/7/2014Food was pretty good except they over cooked the Hallibut which made it dry. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Ambiance in Busy Time SquareLuv2DineNYCDined on 11/7/2014I had a business lunch there and it was a very nice place to eat and conduct a meeting. The sides were outstanding! My guest were very excited about the pumpkin ravioli where I thought my tuna burger needed some seasoning....it was a little bland. Our waiter was great and despite my lunch experience his service was exceptional.Special Features:
- fantastic - bestjoanieVIPDined on 11/6/2014great fish...great service....wonderful and will be back this month many times!!!
- Good location for pre theatreDTTSDined on 11/6/2014As a regular lunch patron I alway fall back on BF as the food is reliable and the location is fantastic. Needed a place after work this week and so was a perfect fit. Although all was fine, and the waiter was pleasant I was just thinking back to the days when waiters worked a relationship with the table. There is just a quick delivery of the specials and food dropped to the table. what is the difference now between a busser and a waiter a different color shirt? Anyway will return but not for service.Special Features:
- Broadway gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014The location makes it perfect for pre Broadway show dinner. They asked if we were going to a show so there was great service to see that we finished on time. The food was very good. As in the past, we will continue to go to the Blue FinSpecial Features:
- Solid spot in the heart of Times SqGanzmaVIPDined on 11/6/2014Great sushi and other fish creations. Great and friendly service and a nice ambiance. Perfect place for a business lunch or a casual dinner but also has a great private room for larger events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but excellent foodBuddygVIPDined on 11/5/2014Imaginative and superb sushi, well put together ahi entree, apple dessert too sweet, noise almost unbearable, though table neighbor was particularly screamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JemimaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food was excellent. Ditto the service. Comfortable seating, but very, very noisy.Special Features:
- Disappointed...JMA1VIPDined on 11/5/2014I made a last minute 5:30pm reservation on OT because we had a 7pm show. Miles our server was energetic, attentive and knowledgeable. Recommendation try the "staycation" cocktail refreshing pre-dinner drink. Now for the food. Jumbo shrimp cocktail incredibly salty, haddock dry/over cooked and salmon requested rare served medium rare at best. Tuna tartare was very good. Far from a stellar first-time dining experience for a New Yorker. I will think twice about returning after paying $163 for two people...Special Features:
- not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2014Lovely site, nice people, food not so good. The best thing I had was the fresh oysters on the half shell, tried the warm Kale and brussel sprout salad, and could not finish it, had a very weird sour taste, and had no dressing at all. For main course, had the Alaskan Halibut, the fish was fresh, and well cooked, but not sure what happened to the crab meat, I could find none, and the herb gnocchi were rubbery, I could not finish that either. For a cocktail, tried the Blue fin, it came over warm. Sorry folks, but for $90 it was not worth the money.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceMargieODined on 11/4/2014We had theatre tickets and were in and out in no time! But we were not rushing and we were not rushed. The food was delicious and creative. overall it was a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Not a sushi barPaulDined on 11/2/2014I selected this place after reading the reviews and it was within close proximity to my hotel. The ambience was wonderful and the service was top notch as my server was attentive and friendly. My drinks were readily refilled and plates cleared by whoever walked by. I came for sushi as previous reviews lead me to believe it was their specialty...it is not. What they do serve tastes fine and they did a nice job with it. They just have a very tiny selection of the most basic sushi and rolls. Again, it was fine, just a zero excitement level for a sashimi lover. If you want a true sushi place, don't go here. Otherwise, everything else i saw offered looked great. Oh, i thought pricing was appropriate as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch and people watchingNYCFoodieDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I had lunch at Blue Fin on a Sunday. The place was not too crowded when we arrived but started to fill up as the afternoon proceeded. We ordered the shellfish tower for 1-2 for our starter. Everything was fresh. My wife enjoyed the lobster and I thought the octopus/squid salad and the ceviche were very tasty. The clams and oysters were delicious. We ordered the Thai sesame and the spicy tuna rolls which our waiter recommended. These were great too. My wife then had the Classic burger with bacon and I had the Bigeye Tuna burger. Although the Classic burger was ordered well done, it came our rare but our waiter immediately had them bring out another. Overall the lunch was delicious. Service was fast and waiter was attentive.Special Features: