Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129181400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
567 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (222)good for groups (154)special occasion (149)great for lunch (133)neighborhood gem (120)hot spot (115)vibrant bar scene (101)great for brunch (93)romantic (80)late-night find (68)notable wine list (48)scenic view (33)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Highly Recommendmsmit035Dined on 9/28/2014This was a great experience and the restaurant was simply fantastic! Food and service was great!Special Features:
- JimMVIPDined on 9/27/2014Quieter and better ambiance upstairs. 1000 point table available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Really really really enjoyable. I'm very picky and every desire was catered too. Awwesome. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We went for dinner after a Broadway show. Although we had reservations for 6p, we were seated at 5p without a problem. It's smack in the center of the theater disctrict. Overall we had a really good experience, good service, good food specially the sushi and good, attentive wait staff. Would definitely recommend and go again!Special Features:
- Very NY HappenningBlueDined on 9/27/2014Right in the midst of Time Square and very close to all Broadway shows. Great dinning experience. Fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location is among theatersfotooseVIPDined on 9/27/2014There are better choices, in quiter smaller venues. I think older people are sreered to mezzanine. NJ food much better.Special Features:
- Hyped up place with subpar foodRoklokDined on 9/26/2014The quality of food could have been way better for the cost. Everything had a burnt taste and the ingredients were not fresh. We are certainly never coming back here.Special Features:
- A Perfect SpotCaro712VIPDined on 9/24/2014What a great find in the theater district! We went for lunch before our Matinee and could not have been more pleased. The food was fabulous! The service was very attentive. The upstairs dining room was very pleasant. We will be going back whenever we see another show, which will be often. There were four of us and each one raved about their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but crummy cappuccinoBroadwayDined on 9/23/2014Outstanding food, as always, including kale Caesar, several interesting sushi rolls. Service was prompt, caring, and insightful recommendations. Ended, however, with weak and watery cappuccinos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in Times Squarepanda22Dined on 9/22/2014Blue Fin is one of the only great places for non-tourists in times square. We had an amazing lunch and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!2okiefoodiesDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good and service equally as good. We were going to a show and he made every attempt to get our food out quickly and in sequential order we well. The decor is very nice too. Didn't get upstairs but looked intriguing. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies DayPGCGNOsDined on 9/20/2014We had a ladies day in NYC and had originally made a dinner reservation and mentioned that it was one of our birthdays when asked if it was a special occasion. We were also looking for a place for breakfast or brunch and thought the brunch sounded great. So, we went to brunch and we all had something different and everyone loved their food. Great service and told our waiter we would request him for our dinner. We did not have the same waiter for dinner but were seated nearby. He made a point of coming by and making sure that everything was good. He brought us a bottle of champagne which I'm guessing was because of the birthday girl. What a nice touch! Again, everyone enjoyed the food and the attention given to us. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heleneDined on 9/20/2014food is always very good. have dined there several timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by an old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014We usually go for a great pre-theater at Blue Fin but decided to go for brunch pre-theater. Very quiet with lackluster service and a vegetable omelet with only peas. Will go back but not quickly.
- Great Restaurant in Theater AreaGaryWGVIPDined on 9/19/2014The location is great if you are going to the theater ans the food and atmosphere are very good. The service was great and they were very sensitive to our needing to make an 8:00 curtain.Special Features:
- Consistently goodArnoldVIPDined on 9/19/2014We go back to this restaurant again and again because there food is good, the service attentive and it is great value. Location in the theatre district doesn't hurt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Expected more from this place. Food was fair and service slow.
- Not WelcomingJuanamomDined on 9/17/2014Daughter & I had reservation after a show. Requested a booth, were told that the booths were for larger parties. We were seated at a small table in the path to and from the kitchen door. The waiter could barely be bothered to wait on our table, after we declined drinks. Water glasses only refilled once during meal. I had looked forward to sharing this restaurant with my daughter, but we were treated horribly. Right after we were seated, the people behind us -- a man/woman couple who walked in without a reservation, were seated in one of the three empty booths. A man/woman are larger than a party of 2 women? I intended to leave the cost of drinks as an additional tip, but after that service, nope. Left 15%. Should have been 0.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangiaBabyDined on 9/17/2014It was a great dining experience, the food was delicious, fresh and prompt, and our server was on point. I cannot wait to go back. The ambiance was first class and spacious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in Times Square? YesNYCMarineDined on 9/17/2014It is tough to think of Times Square having anything nice with Bubba Gump, Italian Gardens, Fridays, etc being where most tourists go. But Blue Fin has a nice short menu that pleases. Even if you don't like fish or sushi, you will find something that is good. Portions are not large, but I have never left there hungry. Service was very good and rapid, which is great if you are heading off to the theatre. Our server the last time was very much on the ball and very patient as my wife could not decide what she wanted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Good place for fish. We had grilled branzino. The portions are not large but they are adequate. The main dish was served with salad not a vegetable as I would have preferred especially after eating a very expensive and similar salad before the entrée. Pretty too. $5 for a cup of tea is pretty steep. Good for a special occasion with friends-not for everyday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Fantastic food and location at Times Square - perfect for before a show, fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!FishmongerDined on 9/13/2014I've eaten at Blue Fin several times and have never been disappointed. Each time with a different group and they all rave about the great seafood. Service is attentive without being overbearing and the noise level is unique in that you really do not hear others around you so there is no need to stretch your vocal cords to have a good conversation. I love the decor and the ambience.Special Features:
- JoandMattDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent!!! Great spot for dinner right before going to a show!!!!Special Features:
- SleeperPickyEaterDined on 9/13/2014The food was some of the best I've ever tasted in my entire life...HANDS DOWN, NO EXAGGERATION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue FinalypalyDined on 9/13/2014Very poor service I had to ask manager to get our food.
- Consistent in the theater districtArnoldVIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is located well in the heart of the theatre district with good food and fair service.Special Features:
- todineforDined on 9/12/2014Great place to go for a romatic dinner. Very quiet, modern and tastefully decorated. The Atlantic Cod was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater OptionRM116VIPDined on 9/12/2014Perfect location for a nice dinner before a Broadway show. Wine list is good, lots of good sushi options and seafood-featured dishes.
- Friendly, delicious Midtown spotFramedCooksVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Blue Fin, located in the W Hotel, is much more than a typical hotel restaurant. It has a lovely and inventive menu, with a nice choice of seafood (and sushi) as the name suggests, but also many other creative choices - I had a dish of brie, bacon and spinach macaroni and cheese that was terrific and just the right amount. Very nice wine list as well. Breakfast is also great, and includes healthy smoothie choices along with the regular fare. The small bar in front is always hopping, with the ever-entertaining view of Times Square. Friendly and efficient service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious. Fresh FishGEH82Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the fresh and delicious fish at Blue Fin. It's so hard to find fresh fish or fish not drenched in sauces or gravies to cover not so fresh fish. Blue Fin is the real deal!! Will definitely be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKderekVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is fine for pre-theater. Our waiter came by too often to gratuitously see how things were going, an increasingly annoying problem everywhere. Otherwise, menu is creative, place is professional overall.
- DeliciousdaytripperDined on 9/10/2014Food was fantastic. Great sauces, wonderful tastes. Service was a bit off. I felt like I was handing more plates to the server than she was taking off the table. She kept taking the wrong angles and leaning across the table. But well worth it for the food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterDebbVIPDined on 9/10/2014What a variety of choices! It was hard to narrow down to one thing The waitperson also asked if we were going to a show and surprisingly remembered waiting on my husband and me two months ago The experience set the tone for a wonderful afternoonSpecial Features:
- Blue FinKCazadorDined on 9/8/2014Surprisingly good restaurant associated with a hotel. Great location. Breakfast a little too pricey. Staff willing to please.Special Features:
- Power LunchRoManzeDined on 9/8/2014Great place to impress. The food is excellent and the people-watching is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAK47Dined on 9/7/2014While the décor/ambiance/food were great, the best part was our server, Cat (Kat?). The wine we'd ordered was not available, so she suggested a different one. That was not in stock, either! She brought another selection, which was fine. It was my birthday, and she went out of her way to make up for The Great Wine Debacle by delivering a complimentary order of Tuna Tartare. When I was not interested in any of the desserts offered because I am not a sweets eater, she brought a platter of cheeses and a small plate of cookies, with a candle for me to blow out. Overall, what started out a bit troublesome turned into likely the best birthday dinner I have ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone seeking good food and great service.Special Features:
- Best BrunchjudybVIPDined on 9/7/2014You cannot find a better weekend brunch in the city, for the quality, presentation, ambiance and affordability!Special Features:
- Blue Fin Dinning experienceBrianDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service. Very convenient for before theather dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospherelexiandrachelsmomDined on 9/6/2014We were on a visit to NYC from Chicago where we have many good food choices. Blue Fin fit our expectations. We both had the salmon which was delicious on a bed of sweet corn. We started with the avocado toast which was very good as well.Special Features: