Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129181400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
569 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (234)good for groups (154)special occasion (153)hot spot (122)neighborhood gem (122)great for lunch (121)vibrant bar scene (100)great for brunch (85)romantic (73)late-night find (66)notable wine list (47)scenic view (35)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014For the first time I was disappointed - two of the four of us found our fish to be overcooked and dry. And the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was very good,the service and food was exceptionnel!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaliaJuliaDined on 10/18/2014Always winner . Good food, good service and brunch is a great value. This is why I keep going backSpecial Features:
- OverallLukeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was OK, not as good as the last time we ate there. After we checked in the host led us to a table downstairs and close to the entrance when many other tables were available, we told him that we preferred upstairs and he directed us to the upstairs hostess. We return to NYC every year and would not return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan gemDishesVIPDined on 10/17/2014In the middle of the choas of Times Square is a great resturant. I was worried it would be touristy and over done. It wasn't! Great food friendly service. If you go,before a show it is perfect we a complete meals cocktails, appetizers the octopus was incredible! Dinner the tuna and haircut were succulent and so pretty on the plate. Then cappuccino with enough froth to go on for miles. Great find!Special Features:
- Beautiful foodDessertfirstVIPDined on 10/15/2014This place is bustling! We had to raise our voices to talk, but the food was so good so we didn't mind. My biggest complaint was there was only a handful of things for a vegetarian friend to choose from, and they were either a salad or a side dish. It would have been nice for an entree to be available. But they worked with my friend to come to an adequate solution. Really pretty food. Tasty. Professional waiter (Craig with a C). We'll be back if we are forced to stay in Times Square again. Other areas of Manhattan are just so much cooler.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceVivalasvegasDined on 10/15/2014The menu had many options. The brazino was delicious. Halibut was great too. Service was very good. We enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014Always great for pre theatre. Innovative sushi that's not pretentious. Real crab!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for conversationfoodforthoughtDined on 10/14/2014Sound proofing between bar area and restaurant would make dining more pleasant. We were back to back with people at a bar table whose conversation nearly overwhelmed ours. Food excellent, tuna carpaccio with wasabi perfect, salad a bit tasteless.Special Features:
- Horriblefood4thouightDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant has the worst service and The most most inattentive staff.
- Food & Service top notchhelloVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food and service at Blue Fin is top notch. Not what you might expect from a restaurant in Times Square but every aspect of the dining experience here is terrific. The servers are always nice and effecient. You can have a long leisurely dinner (like we did, 3 hrs) or you can get in and out it is all up to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014Very good sushi and a small but good variety of non-sushi entrees. Very attractive setting, plenty of room downstairs, a little more "cozy" upstairs. Our service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. One person in our party made a meal of 3 sushi choices and all were very good. 2 in our party had the spring rolls, crisp and tasty. 1 person tried the tomato soup appetizer which was very good. All entrees were tasty
- Brunch successStephanieDined on 10/12/2014Blue Fin never disappoints...just like Atlantic Grill and Ocean Grill. The Sunday brunch is wonderful with many choices, a cocktail and coffee.Special Features:
- Good choice in theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014We had lunch before the theater. This place lives up to the Be R guest standards. Reliably good food, fairly priced and a nice atmosphere. In a difficult area to find good places, this one is a fine choice.
- This place is a MUST!loveforfoodDined on 10/11/2014The food was great! I've been there about three times, and I would definitely go back again. Awesome setting and ambiance, and I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:
- great time2theaterDined on 10/11/2014We were seated promptly . The service was very good. Knowledgeable and courteous . He wine was great and the food delicious. Overall a very good choice for the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pre theatre dinnervisitornycVIPDined on 10/11/2014A group of 4 ate here. The shaved salad was excellent, as was the grilled octopus. My friend ordered the beet salad and that too was delightful. My husband ordered the corn bisque which was very corny and creamy and the Mac and cheese. The only dish that was not at the same level was the lobster spring rolls. They were, to me, tasteless and greasy. My husband felt otherwise! Our waiter, Brian, was another highlight. His sense of humor and engaging manner was a definite plus.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationSouperstarDined on 10/11/2014Made 5:00 reservations for my Moms Birthday. We requested a table upstairs and got one. We were seated right away. Service was excellent. Food was good. The only disappointment was the soup selection. We are soup lovers. On the website it listed lobster bisque or butternut squash soup as selections. Both great selections for a fall day. The main reason we made reservations here. Disappointed to say tomato bisque or corn crab on menu. Had the corn just ok. The Dinner ended with a birthday candle on a plate of cookies and candy. Very "sweet" ending to a lovely birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverfoxVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is ways very good and service is usually very good. However, we had a new waiter and the service was horrible. It was disappointing as I had company from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Service ok.nycguyDined on 10/11/2014I was there for brunch/lunch. The menu was diverse and offered a good mix of brunch and lunch food. The food was tasty & arrived in a timely manner. Also, the location is very good for anyone seeing a Broadway show. There was 5 of us in the group and we were done with our food in an hour & able to enjoy some last minute drinks before half the group had to leave to see a show. My only complaint was that our waiter was young & inexperienced. He came across as defensive & not trained. The waiter told one guest the tuna would be 'shriveled and dry' if cooked well & he argued with another guest about the type of teas available when the tea the guest wanted was listed on the menu. I think with proper training he could've done a better job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!KayJay1VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service and food is always perfect! It is a perfect restaurant to go to before the theater! But you don't have to go to the theater to enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just mediocre foodFoodieDined on 10/10/2014This was certainly not what I expected from a restaurant that had received high praises. I ordered the halibut with gnooci made with herbs. The gnooci had no taste at all and it was gummy. My halibut was almost the same - no taste. After requesting lemon and salt and pepper to be brought to the table this helped - but only a little. I will not go back there.
- Fantastic DiningSoHealtyDined on 10/10/2014The food here is fantastic and great for the health conscience! Extra friendly service....5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryCDined on 10/9/2014This is a great place for pre-theater or post-matinee dining. Dinner service starts at 5PM, but we arrived before 5 (for a 6 0'clock reservation) after a matinee and were seated immediately with a minimal menu and drinks available. Very attractive modern-ish restaurant, ample space between tables, friendly, competent service. Food was excellent and well presented. The "sides" are plentiful - for two small appetites like ours, one "carrot" side would have been plenty. One big "BUT" - the coffee was terrible - the decaf was clearly instant, and the caf was just plan bad.Special Features:
- fabulous experienceEricVIPDined on 10/9/2014Everything was amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host HassleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014We arrived 30 minutes early and informed the host that we had reserved the table through Open Table under my name but were a little early. He said to follow him and we did. The food was pretty good and the service was okay. What truly ruined my experience is that apparently the host never registered that we arrived and reported us as a no-show. I was then asked to track down the receipt and take a picture to prove to Open Table that I really ate there and kept my reservation. The receipt is no longer in my possession and my friend is understandably not going to supply a copy of her credit card statement. The sloppy performance of the host made this a troubling experience. Beware if you book this one and make sure they document!!
- saladeaterDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious. The room beautiful. The service was great. What more can you ask for. A great place for lunch before theatre.Special Features:
- Love Blue FinOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/7/2014Blue Fin is my very favorite restaurant in the Theatre District. It is always such a wonderful dining experience there. This evening I had oysters that were just sublime and an amazing array of sushi beautifully presented and washed it all down with 2 perfect Belvedere martinis. Perfection! The service could not have been better or more attentive. I look forward to my next visit to this beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2014We were pressed for time to get to the theatre. They seated us right away. We got our delicious food quickly & were out within 45 minutes. All without feeling rushed in the slightest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder of the theatre districtLejcurDined on 10/7/2014Stephanie deserves gold stars for her waiting style. Our dinners were gastronomic perfection but she was the creme de la creme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasn't my best visitsyrubapDined on 10/7/2014This was the first time I had a mediocre experience. I had the cod sandwich, it was tasteless, just horrible. We were served by 2 waiters that couldn't coordinate and get things right. I came with a friend saying this place is amazing. I was disappointed. I've been here at least 6 times, it's always been amazing. They had a bad day, I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place to eatTexansDined on 10/5/2014We had an early reservation and they weren't ready for us in the upstairs dining area so they placed us downstairs close to the bar. Very loud so difficult to carry on a conversation. The menu seemed a bit limited - too many different types of things and not a lot of different seafood options. That said, the food was good and our server was great. We had a nice time.
- Fine choice in theatre districtMidwestCookandGardenerDined on 10/4/2014The combination of good food, excellent service, pleasant ambience that allowed conversation, and an adequate wine list will take us back to Blue Finn. Highlights for us were the very-fresh oysters; tuna tartar with avacado; the macaroni and cheese small plate with a light, delicious sauce and bacon and spinach; the very creamy and flavorful polenta (a side dish); and the kale/roasted brussels sprouts salad. Our complaint was that sauces accompanying seafood items were lackluster. Our waitress got our check at just the right time and also pointed out the theater desserts available for take-out. We took her up on the chocolate chunk cookies, which weren't the greatest but still a treat at our show's intermission, as well as espresso to-go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy and hurriedluv2dineDined on 10/4/2014Asked for a quiet table upstairs, and received a table in a cove area whose sound levels made it impossible to talk. Waiter hassled, service only when I raised my hand asking for help, food was uninspiring. When complained to captain, he shrugged his shoulders.Special Features:
- momoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service - a great evening was enjoyed by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetite!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014We booked because we were staying at the W. That said, we were really impressed with the brunch dishes! Food was exceptional! Far beyond expectations-pumpkin pancakes w/cranberry compote was excellent as well as frittata was like a delicious fontina cheese soufflé with a wonderful arugula garnish.Special Features:
- Perfect for Pre-theaterBaba48Dined on 10/3/2014Times Square location in W Hotel. We had striped bass fresh caught off Montauk. It was superb. The preparation was perfect. Service was friendly with just the right amount of attention. We've had many theater district pre-theater dinners and this was among the top. Highly recommended for seafood. View of Times Square also special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/2/2014We had a very good dinner after the theater. We enjoyed the sushi rolls and small plates.Special Features:
- Blue Fin Consistently ImpressesmuppetymattDined on 10/2/2014Blue Fin in Times Square could just phone it in, given its proximity to Broadway theaters and the TKTS line; happily though, the restaurant clearly makes an effort to provide excellent food and service. The sushi is always fresh, and the selection of rolls is interesting. The rest of the menu is also creative, if a bit limited. The food is always prepared impeccably, and the ingredients (fish, vegetables, etc.) are also uniformly first-rate. During the pre-theater rush, the restaurant can be quite loud, but that's a small criticism of an otherwise wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Tasty food, small portionsFoodGuyVIPDined on 10/1/2014If you get a table upstairs, chances of a quieter meal increase exponentially. The menu is varied, the food is very good and nicely presented, but the portions are small. I had the New Jersey corn bisque, which, although delicious, probably could have fit in a juice glass. To make matters worse, the soup is added to a a mixture of fillers that might fit onto a cracker. All in all, Blue Fin is a pleasant dining experience if you're not hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.