Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129181400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
584 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (227)special occasion (158)good for groups (157)great for lunch (139)neighborhood gem (129)hot spot (116)vibrant bar scene (107)great for brunch (105)romantic (85)late-night find (66)notable wine list (54)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (29)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Good place for fish. We had grilled branzino. The portions are not large but they are adequate. The main dish was served with salad not a vegetable as I would have preferred especially after eating a very expensive and similar salad before the entrée. Pretty too. $5 for a cup of tea is pretty steep. Good for a special occasion with friends-not for everyday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Fantastic food and location at Times Square - perfect for before a show, fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I've eaten at Blue Fin several times and have never been disappointed. Each time with a different group and they all rave about the great seafood. Service is attentive without being overbearing and the noise level is unique in that you really do not hear others around you so there is no need to stretch your vocal cords to have a good conversation. I love the decor and the ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent!!! Great spot for dinner right before going to a show!!!!Special Features:
- SleeperPickyEaterDined on 9/13/2014The food was some of the best I've ever tasted in my entire life...HANDS DOWN, NO EXAGGERATION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue FinalypalyDined on 9/13/2014Very poor service I had to ask manager to get our food.
- Consistent in the theater districtArnoldVIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is located well in the heart of the theatre district with good food and fair service.Special Features:
- todineforDined on 9/12/2014Great place to go for a romatic dinner. Very quiet, modern and tastefully decorated. The Atlantic Cod was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater OptionRM116VIPDined on 9/12/2014Perfect location for a nice dinner before a Broadway show. Wine list is good, lots of good sushi options and seafood-featured dishes.
- Friendly, delicious Midtown spotFramedCooksVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Blue Fin, located in the W Hotel, is much more than a typical hotel restaurant. It has a lovely and inventive menu, with a nice choice of seafood (and sushi) as the name suggests, but also many other creative choices - I had a dish of brie, bacon and spinach macaroni and cheese that was terrific and just the right amount. Very nice wine list as well. Breakfast is also great, and includes healthy smoothie choices along with the regular fare. The small bar in front is always hopping, with the ever-entertaining view of Times Square. Friendly and efficient service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious. Fresh FishGEH82Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the fresh and delicious fish at Blue Fin. It's so hard to find fresh fish or fish not drenched in sauces or gravies to cover not so fresh fish. Blue Fin is the real deal!! Will definitely be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKderekVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is fine for pre-theater. Our waiter came by too often to gratuitously see how things were going, an increasingly annoying problem everywhere. Otherwise, menu is creative, place is professional overall.
- DeliciousdaytripperDined on 9/10/2014Food was fantastic. Great sauces, wonderful tastes. Service was a bit off. I felt like I was handing more plates to the server than she was taking off the table. She kept taking the wrong angles and leaning across the table. But well worth it for the food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterDebbVIPDined on 9/10/2014What a variety of choices! It was hard to narrow down to one thing The waitperson also asked if we were going to a show and surprisingly remembered waiting on my husband and me two months ago The experience set the tone for a wonderful afternoonSpecial Features:
- Blue FinKCazadorDined on 9/8/2014Surprisingly good restaurant associated with a hotel. Great location. Breakfast a little too pricey. Staff willing to please.Special Features:
- Power LunchRoManzeDined on 9/8/2014Great place to impress. The food is excellent and the people-watching is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAK47Dined on 9/7/2014While the décor/ambiance/food were great, the best part was our server, Cat (Kat?). The wine we'd ordered was not available, so she suggested a different one. That was not in stock, either! She brought another selection, which was fine. It was my birthday, and she went out of her way to make up for The Great Wine Debacle by delivering a complimentary order of Tuna Tartare. When I was not interested in any of the desserts offered because I am not a sweets eater, she brought a platter of cheeses and a small plate of cookies, with a candle for me to blow out. Overall, what started out a bit troublesome turned into likely the best birthday dinner I have ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone seeking good food and great service.Special Features:
- Best BrunchjudybVIPDined on 9/7/2014You cannot find a better weekend brunch in the city, for the quality, presentation, ambiance and affordability!Special Features:
- Blue Fin Dinning experienceBrianDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service. Very convenient for before theather dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospherelexiandrachelsmomDined on 9/6/2014We were on a visit to NYC from Chicago where we have many good food choices. Blue Fin fit our expectations. We both had the salmon which was delicious on a bed of sweet corn. We started with the avocado toast which was very good as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceDianeJDined on 9/6/2014The menu, seriously skewed to seafood, is varied. The food is delicious. The prices are reasonable. And wait staff makes you feel like a welcomed friend. Been there before and will be there again.Special Features:
- SienasienaDined on 9/6/2014I've been to Blue Fin many times and have always enjoyed my experience there. It never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great value brunch/ lunch menu - good location for theater pre-matinee brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the girlsHotFoodieDined on 9/5/20145 of us had dinner before hitting a Bway show and it was perfect. We were seated on time, food came out quickly (we ordered a variety of small dishes to share, everything was excellent). Our waiter made sure to keep us on track so we made our show on time. Pricey, but that's to be expected in Times Square. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Disappointed in our visitSoniaDined on 9/4/2014We visited the restaurant every time we are in the city. I had the misfortune of finding a long hair in a deep fried seafood roll - when I brought it up to the waiter his response was 'let me go speak to my manager'... why wasn't he trained to deal with such situations himself?. The manager came and 'asked' what we wanted instead of 'acting' and offering us compensation - instead we were left feeling cheap and did not want to ask for freebies. Both the waiter and manager apologized and removed the roll from our bill, but the way it was handled left a bad taste in our mouths - a shame because the food we did have was delicious
- unexpected gemsujuVIPDined on 9/4/2014In the W Hotel, right on Times Square, this restaurant was an unexpected surprise in an area of mediocre tourist traps. The service was friendly and very efficient. The food was delicious and there was a nice selection of wine.. We went back for brunch the next day and that was also delicious. Would definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the crowdJoeNYCVIPDined on 9/3/2014In the middle of teeming Time Square sits this oasis of good food and quiet ambiance. That alone is reason enough to come here, but the food is excellent too! The staff is extremely polite and caring. Service was great. And we live in Manhattan, and we are difficult to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary celebrationtravelerheidiDined on 9/3/2014I noted in my 5p reservations that my husband and I would be celebrating our 35th anniversary with a trip to NY. We were seated at a quiet table in the rear and provided excellent service and attention from the time we entered until we left. We both enjoyed sushi appetizers, steamed lobster, and one order of truffle fries which was ample for sharing. Everything was well-presented and delicious. For dessert, we savored lava cake which was delivered on a decorated plate in honor of our anniversary-- very nice touch! The restaurant location at Times Square is particularly convenient for dining before or after a Broadway show. Overall, it was a very memorable meal and we appreciate the efforts of the staff.Special Features:
- Grea SushimiTimmidtowntimVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of our best dining experiences in the city. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent ... very fresh and flavorful!Special Features:
- never disappointsJuliaDined on 9/3/2014I have eaten here for brunch, lunch and dinner and it never disappoints. The food was very good and the service was exemplary. It can be a little noisy, but upstairs in the back is much quieter. A great bet.Special Features:
- good fishEvanDined on 9/2/2014Great place for excellent seafood, good wine, and excellent service. Near theaters.Special Features:
- After BroadwayDrMikeDined on 8/31/2014Ate a late Birthday dinner on a Sunday night in Times Square after seeing "The Lion King". God was very good, service was good, ambiance was good and we had a great meal selecting a variety of appetizers, surf and turf and desserts. A little on the pricey side but it is New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentlovebluefinDined on 8/31/2014The food here is extraordinary in a most gorgeous setting. The bar is a blast as you can sit and look out on Times Square with all it's nuttiness. Martinis are amazing and crazy creative. For dinner, I had the snapper, guests had halibut, steak, dumplings, sushi, the works and everything was scrumptious. Service is always stellar. I go again and again when we do theater (no longer a city dweller) and will continue to go.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Find!LainieDined on 8/31/2014Worked out so well for our group for a pre-Broadway brunch on a Sunday. Nice variety of entrees which included a cocktail - Bloody Mary, Mimosa or Bellini. Great service and our group was allowed to linger until near showtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experienceChloeDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at Blue Fin on many occasions. I will not be back. We alerted them at the start we were pre-theater. We complained repeatedly when the food did not show up for one hour. Then, they presented a whole lobster and took it away. Food arrived at 7:10 so we were rushed and stressed. Lobster tough and I edible, even with steak knife. Drinks did not arrive. Sides did not come, even when the food came. Then they brought wrong sides. children didn't get ketchup after repeated requests. They didn't refi.l our water until we chased them down to do so. The waiter was rude bordering on jaw dropping. They comped the sides we had no time to eat (and were cold). We had no offer for coffee or dessert, nor time to do so. Just the WORST.
- Good as everLalaDined on 8/30/2014This the 4th visit. It must be good for us to rerun every trip. Though my tower this time was smaller, but it is still very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater restaurantmjpenDined on 8/30/2014Blue Fin is in the center if the action in Times Square. Funky decor, fantastic food. A little loud but hey, it's in Times Square! Service was excellent. Location is perfect for a pre-theater showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed through a mediocre dinnerLuv2eatDined on 8/30/2014For an upscale restaurant in the heart of Times Square this place was a disappointment. The decor was upscale coffee shop and noisy. The chairs were uncomfortable. The menu was very limited and eclectic substituting kale for romaine lettuce on the Caesar salad and broccoli robb as the only hot vegetable offering. There were very few fish selections and the portions were small. The starches did not include a baked potato. The Polenta was a very tasty alternative and probably the best part of the meal. The service was overly attentive to the point that we felt rushed and percieved the food was pre-made when the appetizer and salads arrived within 5 minutes. My entree plate was removed before finishing resulting in my scolding the waiter.
- Amazing seafoodGoodyDined on 8/29/2014We were seated upstairs with a view of the beautiful fish mobile against the wavy wall. We shared the mid sized seafood tower of oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster, crab and 2 ceviches. It was all incredibly fresh and delish! Our young waiter was very attentive and remembered our special requests. Our shaved salads were equally yummy. All in all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value!paddlerDined on 8/29/2014Eating in NYC is expensive, so imagine my surprise that I found the menu items at Blue Fin very competitive given its location in Times Square! The quality of the food was good, and was very pleased with the service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.