Blue Fin - New York
1567 Broadway at 47th Street
W Hotel Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Fin - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefinnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129181400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Located in the W Hotel in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is sophisticated and sexy. Three private dining rooms and
a large second floor are all available for business and social functions. Blue Fin is also available for full and partial buyouts. Accommodates 12-500 guests.
Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 47th Street
- Public Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue.
Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Eastway garage 225 West 49th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue). 10% off with validated ticket.
A word from Blue Fin - New York
Set in the sleek W Hotel Times Square setting, Blue Fin oohs and aahs its audience with a prominent raw bar, extensive sushi menu and much more! Unwind at either of Blue Fin's two bars and sip a seasonal cocktail or glass of wine from the 400+ bottle wine list. Up early for a matinee or just on your way to the office? Blue Fin gets the early riser going with smoothies and fresh squeezed juices, in addition to power-packed breakfast offerings featuring farm-fresh ingredients. To create this two-story, 400-seat dining spectacle in the epicenter of the most exciting city in the world, design firm Yabu Pushelberg provided original features as an expansive sparkling wall of highly polished mirror, glowing resin tables, and a floating staircase that leads to live music upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Fin - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
574 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (242)special occasion (158)good for groups (151)hot spot (124)neighborhood gem (121)great for lunch (121)vibrant bar scene (99)great for brunch (82)romantic (75)late-night find (70)notable wine list (52)scenic view (33)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- close to theatre, late for matinee4ladieswholunchVIPDined on 10/29/2014Nerve-wracking wait to be served, although we told the hard-to find waiter that we had a matinee. Then a long line at the ladies' room. Restaurant needs to hire more waitpersons & train them to be attentive.
- Good foodShikaraVIPDined on 10/28/2014The food is good and there are choices of small plates and/or entrees. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014Food was very good. Great place for business lunch or dinnersSpecial Features:
- After theater good foodFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, however, service was a bit slow and it wasn't crowded. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationMarlenedcVIPDined on 10/25/2014Blue Fin is missing details of Steve Hanson's touch. In the past everything was done behind the scenes; absolutely perfect to the smallest detail. The food is still terrific so the team in the kitchen still has the training. The servers are not as impeccable as they used to be. When reserving I said that this was an anniversary celebration and the one great thing they did was that they had our favorite wine on ice when we arrived, still was not chilled fully, might have begun earlier. Our bill was placed on the table when we passed on dessert, no request about coffee which they ultimately got wrong and not a cookie with a candle. After a chat they stepped up and brought something but I would have preferred not to have to say.Special Features:
- First time...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Food was very delicious. Seems to have many healthy options which is good for those calorie conscience. Smaller portions but cooked well and service was very good. My wife and I both had fish dishes and were pleased. Also a great location for theater goers!Special Features:
- super spot for pre theatreMichaelVIPDined on 10/25/2014always consistently good, brian our waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- SusanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great place to eat. We ate here before our broadway play. It was excellent. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great pre-theater choiceMoochieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We've never had a bad meal at Blue Fin, whether it was brunch, lunch or dinner. The staff is friendly and efficient and the food is delicious. This visit, we opted for several small plates, rather than a large plate, and were very pleased. The fall menu has some great choices, especially the squash soup, and the spiced apple sorbet was perfect for the season.Special Features:
- Great before theatersusanoDined on 10/23/2014We arrived at 6:30 for an 8:00 show. Asked for and got a quiet spot. Had 2 small dished which perfect before theater. Never rushed but out in an hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUVED IT !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/23/2014FABULOUSSS WAITRESS!!!!! GREAT FOOD, ESPECIALLY THE TUNA MAIN !!!Special Features:
- Disappointing and overpricedSamFreg10003VIPDined on 10/22/2014The food was just ok but at that price point it should be excellent. Will not return.
- LOVE ITBella4VIPDined on 10/22/2014food was wonderful, fish fresh, even the desert was really good! The service was outstanding! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food at Blue Fin is consistently good. Lots of variety and efficient service. Most who eat lunch there are on their way to theater, so their staff is very conscious of that.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014The restaurant changed the lunch menu. We found it hard to find something to eat. I ordered the Crab Cake, very spicy. I will not go back.
- Great place for pre-theater diningouttonightDined on 10/21/2014Close to theaters in the upper West 40's, Blue Fin is a very good find, especially for pre-theater dining and excellent service. Bar seating looks out wide windows on the crush of Broadway traffic, but you can be seated beyond the bar crowd, or upstairs in a slightly more quiet locale. Not silent, but lively. Some complain that it is "too noisy", but hey! this is New York! The menu is dedicated to fish dishes, small plates, sushi and daily specials. We really liked the service - very prompt and professional. We would definitely return if we are attending nearby theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectly okLmontNYCerDined on 10/21/2014If you need a theatre spot that can get you in and out with perfectly ok food, this is a good choice. The service made sure that you wouldn't be late for your curtain. The kale salad was good, the halibut was just ok.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Great sushi, great service! Perfect place for a great meal before a show.Special Features:
- eatalotDined on 10/18/2014For the first time I was disappointed - two of the four of us found our fish to be overcooked and dry. And the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nat123Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was very good,the service and food was exceptionnel!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaliaJuliaDined on 10/18/2014Always winner . Good food, good service and brunch is a great value. This is why I keep going backSpecial Features:
- BlueFinOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Always enjoy brunch. They have a great menu great staff and great location for theater goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallLukeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was OK, not as good as the last time we ate there. After we checked in the host led us to a table downstairs and close to the entrance when many other tables were available, we told him that we preferred upstairs and he directed us to the upstairs hostess. We return to NYC every year and would not return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan gemDishesVIPDined on 10/17/2014In the middle of the choas of Times Square is a great resturant. I was worried it would be touristy and over done. It wasn't! Great food friendly service. If you go,before a show it is perfect we a complete meals cocktails, appetizers the octopus was incredible! Dinner the tuna and haircut were succulent and so pretty on the plate. Then cappuccino with enough froth to go on for miles. Great find!Special Features:
- Beautiful foodDessertfirstVIPDined on 10/15/2014This place is bustling! We had to raise our voices to talk, but the food was so good so we didn't mind. My biggest complaint was there was only a handful of things for a vegetarian friend to choose from, and they were either a salad or a side dish. It would have been nice for an entree to be available. But they worked with my friend to come to an adequate solution. Really pretty food. Tasty. Professional waiter (Craig with a C). We'll be back if we are forced to stay in Times Square again. Other areas of Manhattan are just so much cooler.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceVivalasvegasDined on 10/15/2014The menu had many options. The brazino was delicious. Halibut was great too. Service was very good. We enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014Always great for pre theatre. Innovative sushi that's not pretentious. Real crab!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for conversationfoodforthoughtDined on 10/14/2014Sound proofing between bar area and restaurant would make dining more pleasant. We were back to back with people at a bar table whose conversation nearly overwhelmed ours. Food excellent, tuna carpaccio with wasabi perfect, salad a bit tasteless.Special Features:
- Horriblefood4thouightDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant has the worst service and The most most inattentive staff.
- Food & Service top notchhelloVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food and service at Blue Fin is top notch. Not what you might expect from a restaurant in Times Square but every aspect of the dining experience here is terrific. The servers are always nice and effecient. You can have a long leisurely dinner (like we did, 3 hrs) or you can get in and out it is all up to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014Very good sushi and a small but good variety of non-sushi entrees. Very attractive setting, plenty of room downstairs, a little more "cozy" upstairs. Our service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. One person in our party made a meal of 3 sushi choices and all were very good. 2 in our party had the spring rolls, crisp and tasty. 1 person tried the tomato soup appetizer which was very good. All entrees were tasty
- Brunch successStephanieDined on 10/12/2014Blue Fin never disappoints...just like Atlantic Grill and Ocean Grill. The Sunday brunch is wonderful with many choices, a cocktail and coffee.Special Features:
- Good choice in theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014We had lunch before the theater. This place lives up to the Be R guest standards. Reliably good food, fairly priced and a nice atmosphere. In a difficult area to find good places, this one is a fine choice.
- This place is a MUST!loveforfoodDined on 10/11/2014The food was great! I've been there about three times, and I would definitely go back again. Awesome setting and ambiance, and I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:
- great time2theaterDined on 10/11/2014We were seated promptly . The service was very good. Knowledgeable and courteous . He wine was great and the food delicious. Overall a very good choice for the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pre theatre dinnervisitornycVIPDined on 10/11/2014A group of 4 ate here. The shaved salad was excellent, as was the grilled octopus. My friend ordered the beet salad and that too was delightful. My husband ordered the corn bisque which was very corny and creamy and the Mac and cheese. The only dish that was not at the same level was the lobster spring rolls. They were, to me, tasteless and greasy. My husband felt otherwise! Our waiter, Brian, was another highlight. His sense of humor and engaging manner was a definite plus.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationSouperstarDined on 10/11/2014Made 5:00 reservations for my Moms Birthday. We requested a table upstairs and got one. We were seated right away. Service was excellent. Food was good. The only disappointment was the soup selection. We are soup lovers. On the website it listed lobster bisque or butternut squash soup as selections. Both great selections for a fall day. The main reason we made reservations here. Disappointed to say tomato bisque or corn crab on menu. Had the corn just ok. The Dinner ended with a birthday candle on a plate of cookies and candy. Very "sweet" ending to a lovely birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverfoxVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is ways very good and service is usually very good. However, we had a new waiter and the service was horrible. It was disappointing as I had company from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Service ok.nycguyDined on 10/11/2014I was there for brunch/lunch. The menu was diverse and offered a good mix of brunch and lunch food. The food was tasty & arrived in a timely manner. Also, the location is very good for anyone seeing a Broadway show. There was 5 of us in the group and we were done with our food in an hour & able to enjoy some last minute drinks before half the group had to leave to see a show. My only complaint was that our waiter was young & inexperienced. He came across as defensive & not trained. The waiter told one guest the tuna would be 'shriveled and dry' if cooked well & he argued with another guest about the type of teas available when the tea the guest wanted was listed on the menu. I think with proper training he could've done a better job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!KayJay1VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service and food is always perfect! It is a perfect restaurant to go to before the theater! But you don't have to go to the theater to enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.