Blue Fin - Columbia
461-4 Town Center Place
Columbia, SC 29229Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Blue Fin - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefinrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 8038657346
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: 11am - 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar Hour: Thurs - Sat open until 2am, open late other days depending on business
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room can hold up to 30 people. Entire restaurant can also be booked and holds 200 people. Good for rehearsal dinners or private business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Harrell 8038657346
A word from Blue Fin - Columbia
New to the Village at Sandhill, Blue Fin brings the taste of Charleston to Columbia with a Metropolitan flair. With an upscale casual atmosphere, Blue Fin can accommodate any occasion from the everyday to special nights out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Blue Fin - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Blue Fin - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExcellentAngelsOpinionDined on 8/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, which consisted only of appetizers. We sampled several dishes, and were pleased with them all. The service was outstanding. Attentive, but not intrusiveSpecial Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I had been there twice over the weekend because my family wanted to go. The first time my filet was amazing but my mom had oysters and felt as though they were frozen. The second time I went my parents ordered fried seafood platters; the hush puppies were hard and the cornmeal on the seafood was not great. I had a mango mojito martini which tasted like it was not made fresh and instead came out of a premade bottle. But they did have a good wine list and we enjoyed a bottle of Catena Malbec. In addition I ordered a chicken sandwich and the chicken was not grilled. It looked like deli meat. I had soup on both of my visits and it was basic and not well thought out. Overall, the concepts were great but they did not follow through on delivery.Special Features:
- Disappointing LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014The menu looked awesome so we booked a table for a 12:45 pm lunch. The restaurant was kind of dark, but not bad. The special looked good on the chalkboard but our server was unfamiliar with it. We ordered the calamari with black-eyed pea flour breading, which sounded fantastic, but disappointing -- a bit chewy and not at all crisp, although the accompanying sauces were excellent. We ended up ordering the swordfish special which was good but not special. We also got a fish po'boy, which was good (the tartar sauce was killer). Basically, whoever in the kitchen is responsible for sauces did a fabulous job! Our server was good, and while the meal wasn't bad, it seems like a $50 lunch should have been better.
- Best Catfish succotash in town.CatfishDined on 7/11/2014The bread and olive oil and balsamic is outstanding and great to munch on while waiting for your meal, My favorite is the Catfish succotash although they quit calling it succotash. The salmon is also a treat with the mashed potatoes and veggies. The draft beer is cold and tasty. Wait staff is always friendly and acomodating. One of my favorites in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we did itTripleDined on 7/3/2014I had the short ribs entree and my wife had swordfish. We each felt our food was excellent. I have had triple bypass heart surgery and eat almost no red meat. I love short ribs and, because of my conscientiously sticking to a very low fat diet, I splurged on the ribs. They not only had fantastic taste, they were extremely well trimmed of any fat, without diminishing the flavor. The vegetables each of us had were very good. We finished the meal with a wonderful no fat champagne raspberry sorbet. Looking at the menu, I would also recommend Blue Fin for folks who can eat anything they want.Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/22/2014I made a reservation for Blue Fin on 21 Jun 2014 for 1730. My wife and I showed up at 1720 on 21 Jun 2014 and I told the hostess that I made a reservation through OpenTable and she asked me what was that. I tried to explained OpenTable to her and she said that she would take care of it. Today I received an email stating that my reservation for Blue Fin was cancel for no show. I called and spoke with the manager today, 22 Jun 2014 and she took care of everything for me. I do not want a not show on my records. As also ways the service and food was great and outstanding. Our waiter was outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday lunchWendyNDined on 6/17/2014As always food was delicious and service was great. We had a large group of ladies and were celebrating the birthdays of two. Restaurant called me the night before to review our special requests and confirm that all would be taken care of. The group decided we should celebrate all birthdays at Blue FinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to eatJoebum427Dined on 5/10/2014Blue Fin was a pleasant surprise. The food was excellent, the service was good as was the atmosphere. Very impressed with the quality of the food. All 3 of us in our party left very full and very satisfied. Would recommend it highly !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointFineDiningQueenDined on 5/10/2014I came to Blue Fin to celebrates brothers graduation from college. Our service was wonderful and knowledgable, food was excellent, and the restaurant overall was everything I hoped for. I do a lot of dining in Atlanta, so I wanted a place that met my standards for fine dining in South Carolina. Blue Fin is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Thanks to Blue Fin for helping make a special day even better! The food was great, the service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014I've been to this restaurant several times.....and the food and service has always been good. It's not an upscale restaurant by any means, but if you just want somewhere to go with a 'vibe' it's a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not good at alldinner42Dined on 5/8/2014The food was terrible and over priced. We will never go back.
- The following 164 reviews are from the Blue Fin - Columbia reviews archive.
- Dinner at Blue FinScspyderDined on 5/1/2014First time for us and we will definitely return. Reasonable prices and excellent food.Special Features:
- Blue Fin BlandEpicfailDined on 4/26/2014The experience was average at best. Food was unimaginative and severely lacked flavor. The portion sizes were decent but the filet mignon looked like a rubber teriyaki sirloin. The spinach was cold. The fish did not taste fresh but rather frozen and there was more breaking than meat. The prices would have been reasonable had the food actually been worth the value. The waitstaff was clamoring for more tables to make more tips as opposed to focusing on providing excellent service. I will never visit again.Special Features:
- A Romantic EveningAOneNightStandDined on 4/15/2014The diner was forgettable. The food was good but not great or rememberable. Overall I think it was not a good value. I don't think I would choose to eat there again.
- Price doesn't add up...LanceDined on 3/15/2014The food was edible at best. I wasn't wowed for what I payed for at this establishment. The steaks were comparable to that of Outback Steakhouse...frozen and then served the way you want it. You can find better food at a better price elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great FoodRobertDined on 3/7/2014We have dined here a couple of times and the food and service is always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been a bad nightHBarDined on 3/6/2014Our waiter forgot to put in our appetizer order and we found that out when the entrees came out first. The waiter was very nice about it though and gave us a dessert which was excellent so I have rated the service good. The Charleston She Crab soup looked more like potato soup - it was not the color or the taste it should have been. Everything else seemed to be good but the person who ordered the soup had intended it to be their entree so they did not have a good experience. We would go back because every restaurant can have a bad night.
- Pre Movie DinnerperryDined on 3/1/2014The service was very good and the food was also good, however the crab legs seemed to be watery on the flavor as if they had been soaking.Special Features:
- Dinner was finePaulDined on 2/21/2014Blue Fin is a decent restaurant. The beer selection is good. The menu offers a number of options. The waitress we had was very good. I would not choose this restaurant fora special occasion or a romantic dinner with my wife. Not that kind of place. When people are walking by your table with baseball hats on sideways and kids running around, more like a middle of the road family restaurant than somewhere to go for a nice dinner on a Friday night. Food is good, but one of my top choice for going out for dinner.Special Features:
- First time visitorStirCrazyDined on 2/15/2014I recently had surgery that required me to keep my left straight and made a note of this in our reservation. Upon arriving at the restaurant we were immediately taken to a nice U-shaped booth - perfect! The menu has many options to choose from and we enjoyed our meal and dessert. We look forward to dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first time ValentinesSweetnessofthehunniDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the night, The service was prompt & the Food was delicious. The staff & environment was very inviting.. For A first time on such a special night made our Valentines one to remember.. Going back soon for Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service. Had ourWT22Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful service. Had our reservation requests and sat us as soon as we arrived, even with others waiting (on Valentines day). We were allowed to sit and enjoy our meal without feeling rushed. The food was great and our request to have one course finished before the next was brought was no problem. A bit of a drive from home, so we don't get there often, but always worth the trip.Special Features:
- Good food and menu but...SCFoodieDined on 2/14/2014We came for Valentine's dinner, and were greeted by a host who had been working too many hours and turned away too many folks who hadn't called ahead, welcoming us with a brusque "Tell me you have reservations". I'm glad we did, as we were immediately taken to our table. My wife and I had perused the menu prior to coming so we were nearly ready with our entire order when the waitress arrived. She was nice and friendly, clearly not succumbing to the stress emanating from the host stand. I ordered the shrimp and grits and my wife had the shrimp salad. I also ordered an Arnold Palmer from the bar and it came pretty quickly. Our food was good, but the quality didn't match the price. There wasn't anything sensational or memorable about the meal.Special Features:
- First TIme experiencemickeyfanDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to the Blue Fin - it will not be our last. The menu was quite extensive and varied, the food well prepared and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!Luv2dineVIPDined on 2/14/2014It was a great place to take my wife for Valentine's Day. The service and food was great. My wife wanted mash potatoes with her food and when she got them they were cold. So we told Jessica and she made sure that we got hot french fries, because that was what my wife wanted instead of mash potatoes. I requested our waitress to be Jessica GU and when we got there she was not our waitress, but when I saw her I asked her did she have an open table that we can sit. She told us that she did. I do not think the manager or the hostess read the notes when we make reservation on line through OpenTable. It would be nice if they would read the special notes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality FoodzidzillaDined on 2/14/2014Convenient location in the heart of Sandhills. The ambience could be better. Many tables are situated in an open row style, which does not provide an intimate dining experience and it may prove to be very difficult to be reseated to a more comfortable booth because the restaurant is very busy. Otherwise the food is nearly epic. The lobster tails are large and sides are delicious. The bleu cheese encrusted steak was perfectly prepared. The server was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a casual dinnerKellieSDined on 2/8/2014The food was good, although a little bland, and the on-line menu is very outdated. Our server, Kelly, did a great job and was friendly without being annoying. I had a special request for my drink and the bartender was obviously great at her job. My martinis were the highpoint of the meal. It is a nice restaurant located in an outdoor shopping area. I would go again but maybe not as my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service we received on a Friday evening. The food was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner at Blue FinRichardDined on 1/24/2014We had dinner at Blue Fin on a Saturday night. We recommend Blue Fin to anyone looking for fresh, well-prepared seafood. The food was excellent and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchRedhatter13Dined on 1/19/2014The Blue Plate menu selection is excellent. It was a lot more food than I expected and very tasty. I would definitely order this selection again. The servers were very attentive and checked several times to make sure our food met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, beautifulSuzieBaker14Dined on 1/4/2014Excellent service, beautiful atmosphere, good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for date nightmrpep1479Dined on 12/22/2013Had a great dinner and conversation with old friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I loved the relaxed feel of this place. It felt like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. We definitely will return again. Service was well-timed and friendly. We enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and Professional staffJewelDined on 11/16/2013We enjoyed a wonderful evening. The ambiance was great, the service warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2013Awesome service! Made last minute reservations came in and seat was ready for me ! Service was timely, had already reviewed menu prior to dining. Will be coming again..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, marginal foodGeorgej780VIPDined on 11/11/2013Was treated to dinner at Blue Fin for birthday. Very few other diners, but not surprising for a Monday evening in drowsy Columbia SC. I was surpised - and so was the server - that my favorite meal at Blue Fin, seafood pappardelle, was no longer on the menu. SHe cecked with the kitchen, found it was indeed discontinued, but the kitchen would be happy to prepare it. That's nice, but hey - they didn't have very much else to do. Had an excellent spinach salad, but the main course was serious overcooked, with rubbery shrimp, fish and scallops ... mussels were apparently on vacation.
- Great FindMdraytonDined on 10/22/2013Went here on a date. Very impressed. Was a little put off by the Halloween decor, but overall good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Service!!!!!Luv2dineVIPDined on 10/5/2013Our waitress was great. She was very attentive to all our needs, my wife and I. The main meal was very good. It would be nice if the bread was warm. I order a beer and wanted a cold glass/mug, but I was told that the machine was broken that kept the glasses/mug cold. Everything other then that was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Averagemr36VIPDined on 10/4/2013Nothing we ordered was very good or very memorable, with the exception of the seafood platters which are made from frozen seafood. They were actually horrible. I doubt we will ever return.