Blue Fig Cafe
200 Young Ave
Moorestown, NJ 08057Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Fig Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluefigcafe.net/
- Phone: (856) 638-5186
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Sam Jadalla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: See our online catering Menu at our website www.bluefigcafe.net
- Entertainment: Plays Authentic Lebanese Music
A word from Blue Fig Cafe
Blue Fig Cafe is a healthy Mediterranean Cuisine restaurant that offers a verity of authentic food from the eastern region of the Mediterranean Sea (Greece, Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt) Our founder Sam Jaddalla has been developing and refining sophisticated tastes for our menu that are unique. This achieved by serving only the freshest and highest quality ingredients in an elegant and relaxing environment in the heart of Moorestown Business District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Blue Fig Cafe - Best Restaurants in Moorestown ›
Blue Fig Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Mediterranean option in MoorestownMicahBVIPDined on 11/14/2014Always a pleasant experience at this Moorestown BYOB, especially when you want something different than a standard italian/mexican/asian choice for dinner. We always start with the tour of Lebanon appetizer. And then move on to various skewered meats with rice or couscous. Rather than order off the kids menu, our children usually either share our entree (chicken kebab) or order an appetizer such as falafel. They also offer interesting drinks and desserts. Plus the always handy BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good healthy foodHealthydinerDined on 11/8/2014Just wish the waitstaff can learn how to space out the courses betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014It's a little cramped inside the restaurant. The food was fine, just nothing exceptional. BYOB
- AdamsDined on 10/18/2014This was our visit and we loved it. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- luv2d9VIPDined on 10/11/2014nice atmosphere and the outside dining area looked inviting (rained the night we were there. food was unremarkable...bland for the most part. Service was amateurish.
- lucky findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Not that I've been to too many Mediterranean places in the Greater Philadelphia area, but this one feels like it might be the best. Kofta, hummus and other dips were awesome, lamb chops were perfect (have I ever had better ones?), hot pahlava (and other deserts) made fresh. Don't seem to offer their own wifi, but there's Xfinity wifi close enough. Minus a star for not offering their own wifi and not advertising the quality/source of ingredients.
- great food- o.k servicethezVIPDined on 9/23/2014the server/s mean well. but, they are kids and they bring food-water, etc at wrong time or not at all. or all at once etc. BUT, ONCE YOU GET THE FOOD IT IS OUTSTANDING...Special Features:
- Good food inattentive serviceLoungediningVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was prepared as requested, took longer than anticipated though as place was nearly empty. Wait staff was more interested in their phones than their customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regularDeniseVIPDined on 9/17/2014I work close by to Blue Fig and is one of our favorites! Food is great - hummus is the best ever!! However, the service has gone downhill. Little attention, brought my sparkling water with glass of ice that was half filled with water (must've melted by the time I got it - took at least 20 minutes just for that and not very busy). Then, brought the hummus that was supposed to be an appetizer AFTER we got our lunches. Not our normal experience, but still love the food!
- My was fineMartySVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was our first time at Blue fig my dinner was ok the Greek salad was great. My wife's stuffed pepper came out dry and with cold sauce. When we questioned our server she did not know if sauce should have been warmed or not. Liza brought out the warmed sauce a little to late. I ate my dinner my wife did not. Sent back not eaten. Server needs more training. Not a great experience.
- The food was fresh and flavorfuLibraryGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent appetizer menu. This is a great way to try many new items in smaller quanties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Find!!QualityFirstVIPDined on 9/5/2014We struck gold! This is such a really good restaurant - food is very well prepared and delicious and the service was superb. The kebabs of chicken, beef and lamb were the best I have ever eaten. Each is marinated in its own special sauce and has a distinct flavor which heightens the experience. The grape leaves were served warm and were spectacular - real minty flavor to enhance the tenderness of each morsel. Finishing with Turkish coffee and baklava left us lingering and not really wanting to depart. Our server, Aleena, was such a joy - friendly, knowledgeable and patient when we couldn't decide what to order. Her suggestions proved to be right on, especially when she recommended the shrimp entree for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicecpal2001Dined on 8/16/2014A friend invited me here for lunch, and I loved it, and have come back several times both for lunch and dinner. I am a vegetarian, and their menu has a wide selection of dishes for me. My husband is a non-veggie, and he has been happy here as well. The food has always been fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Not What I Hoped ForOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 8/16/2014I needed a neutral meeting point for lunch with friends and found Blue Fig on Open Table. Unfortunately, the entire restaurant was full with a bridal shower party and the staff seemed stunned that I was there though I had a reservation. Our only option was to be seated outside. It was a pleasant enough day but I don't like eating outside. The food was very disappointing: skimpy servings and generally flavorless. I would not return here for a meal.Special Features:
- Great whole food!LindaVIPDined on 8/12/2014This is becoming one of my favorite whole foods spots. If you are into healthy dining, add this to your list! I love the grilled shrimp and vegetables! Dining here is always a pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Great mealAkatzDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed a girl's night out at The Blue Fig; I love Mediterranean food and was not disappointed with the food or serviceSpecial Features:
- Casual lunch1mealAtATimeDined on 7/28/2014We found this restaurant when searching on OpenTable and weren't disappointed. It is a simple restaurant with outdoor seating available and fresh tasting Mediterranean foods. We shared a plate of hummus, tabbouleh, and baba ghanoush that were delicious, as well as a gyro. Still don't know the right way to pronounce it, but it was yummy.Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the Blue Fig Cafe reviews archive.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Great Mediterranean local neighborhood restaurant! Menu variety. Good, friendly service. Appetizing desserts. Well prepared meat (chicken, lamb, beef) and vegetables on skewers with small tasty cous cous were enjoyed by myself and guest. Mixed fruit drinks were enticing as were displayed desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the 'Fig'BlueFigDelightsDined on 7/18/2014The Blue Fig Cafe is a BYOB restaurant in Moorestown that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine. They deliver a pleasant atmosphere and delightful meal. The appetizers and entrees my wife and I had was delicious. The server, Jessica, was able to explain the items we weren't sure of, and made great recommendations. She was prompt with our food and checked in on us with a warm smile at appropriate intervals. We sat at the outside tables and had plenty of room to talk without feeling too 'crowded'. The menu is a bit limited in its offerings, and hasn't seemed to have changed since our first visit a year or so ago. A very good experience, and enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- BreezyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014The food was very good - appetizers were excellent and definitely authentic Middle Eastern flavors and ingredients. The entree choices for dinner were somewhat limited but well prepared and very tasty with beautiful seasonings. My lamb kebab was tender and delicious and my partner's combination beef and lamb was also full of flavor. We shared one of the homemade traditional Lebanese deserts made with semolina and sweet cheeses. The taste and texture were a totally new experience but wonderful - worth being adventurous! Service was very good and attentive, she explained each dish and answered all of our questions. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLarrySDined on 6/21/2014Nice variety of mediteranean food Everything was attractively presented, hot, and tasty. Wait staff was attentive. BYOB -- they opened our bottle and offered ice for our white wine. We've eaten here several times and enjoyed our dinner each time. We recommend it.Special Features:
- Great foodHdmdrxVIPDined on 6/20/2014Finally ate at Blue Fig and was pleasantly surprised. The place is small but not too cramped. There's outdoor seating facing a parking lot and bank. The food was great. My husband had the moussaka and said it was the best he's ever had. I had lamb kabobs and the lamb was lean, tender and very flavorful. Baklava was not my favorite but I like it moist with lots of honey. Highly recommend a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightsnowdogVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love coming here...my girlfriends and I truly enjoy dinners at this wonderful little local byo. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!LoveDiningOutVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to the Blue Fig for the six of us. Everything about the evening was great. When we arrived, we were promptly taken to our table. The menu had a good variety so we needed some additional time to decide. We each selected a different appetizer and entree so that we could sample multiple menu selections. The meal was well paced so we has time to pause and enjoy the night. If I has to describe the meal in one word. It would have to be "WOW".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssuesFOODIE1Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good, but there could have been little more portions. Also the wait staff is young and in need of a little more training.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Found this Resturant while out driving with a friend in early or mid March (2014) and fell in love. I've been back three times since. Love the food. EXCELLENT service. My advice to you .... Try a different dish every time. Enjoy !! HSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedDaisyVIPDined on 5/25/2014This is my second time visiting this restraunt and it was as wonderful the second time as it was the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to Blue FigitzarobVIPDined on 5/21/2014We are regulars at Blue Fig and have always had a great meal. Greek salad is more than enough for 2, feta cheese appy is great, fresh feta cheese splash of Olive Oil, and a shell. The Blue Fig combo signature dish was very good as well as the chicken kabobs. The coucous is excellent. Always a nice meal and at good prices. Keep up the god works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shishkabab recommededMindo4uDined on 5/10/2014The filet on the shish kebab was outstanding -the flavor was amazing and it melted in your mouth. Also the grilled veggies were to die for too! Warm pita topped w/ feta was a great appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue FigOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014Starter sampler is good, but not special. Cod entree was very good. Others in the party enjoyed their entrees. Desserts such as the fig crumb cake were very good. Recommended;we will return. Nice BYOBSpecial Features:
- BabzVIPDined on 5/2/2014Good quality fresh food. Always a great experience. Have been for both lunch and dinner. Not one complaint! Recently redecorated too - looks great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue FigOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The salads and grilked beef and lamb were great. Service was a bit awkward and rushed, but this is a very pleasant restaurant, reasonably priced, with delicious and healthy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find. Authentic MediterraneansushiloverDined on 4/12/2014Great find. Authentic Mediterranean food. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMooMuchoDined on 4/6/2014Loved this restaurant...the menu is unique and yet had items for my picky dad (likes only very plain but quality food), boyfriend who lis not adventurous but was very intrigued with the menu And me - I love spicy unique and creative food... We were all very happy. The deserts were awesome, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprise!AnneDined on 3/30/2014Hubby and I were alone for the weekend. Checked open table for someplace different to have dinner. Chose Blue Fig and were very pleased. Dinner was served quickly by an excellent young waitress named Alex. We had shish kabob which was made with filet mignon. It was delicious! The meat was extremely tender and flavorful. The grilled veggies were also great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to expectationsDaisyVIPDined on 3/22/2014I did not know what to expect when I went to this restaurant but I relied on others reviews to guide me and found that they were correct the food was very good. I found the place very clean and staff very nice- the only negative thing I have to say is that the menue is not that extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Mediterranean in NeighborhoodJandADined on 3/21/2014The appetizer (Tour of Lebanon) and entrees (Kabobs) were uniformly good. Dessert (Baklava and Sorbee) were also excellent. Service was attentive. Atmosphere is casual and BYO. Expect about $35 pp including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCoreyVIPDined on 3/14/2014We've had great experiences at Blue Fig in the past but our most recent visit last week was disappointing. While service was decent, my Tajen Cod had no flavor or spice, and the tajen it was served in was cool to the touch. Is it not cooked in the tajin any longer? My wife's Salmon also lacked flavor and spice. We used to love the home-made pitas and looked forward to them but sadly they are no more. The pitas that were served tasted like a reheated bagged variety. With regret, I cannot recommend Blue Fig any longer :(
- HEALTHY AND TASTYMomioDined on 3/13/2014My friend and I enjoyed the fresh, appetizing meals. The Lebanese-mint tea was in a teapot with an attractive glass provided instead of our traditional cup; it was delicious. My chicken kabobs were tender with just the right seasonings.The couscous and the salad that accompanied my meal were tasty. The server was very attentive and pleasant, answering all of our questions completely. My only problem was that the dining area was cold, and I was thankful that I had worn a very heavy sweater that afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic home made MediterranenLive2EatVIPDined on 3/9/2014Fabulous appetizer of Tour of Lebannon. Cod fish stew was also unique and excellent. Baklava also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.