Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel
146 Kingston Street
Victoria, BC V8V 1V4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluecrab.ca/
- Phone: (250) 480-1999
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge - Monday - Sunday: 11am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At Blue Crab Catering we pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail. We offer full conference services for business meetings and conferences, and we are situated on the picturesque Victoria waterfront, a perfect setting for any special event or function.
We are also happy to cater small offsite events, provide BBQ’s “to go”, or to prepare picnic lunches for your special outings.
Please call 250-940-1101 for further information, or e-mail email@example.com .
- Private Party Facilities: Upper level semi private dining area within the Blue Crab. Please inquire for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 250-940-1101 x
- Special Events: Keep an eye on bluecrab.ca for up to date special events and news!
A word from Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel
Frommer's International Guide calls the Blue Crab Seafood House, the "best seafood spot in Victoria". Blue Crab Seafood House has earned a reputation for excellence in seafood and West Coast Cuisine. The daily specials take advantage of the local catches for the freshest of ingredients. With an Ocean View from every table that is impossible to beat! Featuring Local Dungeness Crab & Giant King Crab. Very Celiac Friendly.Continued
The lounge offers a casual atmosphere to go along with its menu.
The lounge offers a casual atmosphere to go along with its menu.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (26)romantic (20)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Blue Crab Dinner - Saturday November 15, 2014recurringfoodieDined on 11/15/2014I dined this past weekend (on a Saturday) for dinner. I had a really good time and enjoyed the service, food and the scenic view at the Blue Crab. The restaurant was fairly busy when I had left and I had found that the server and buser did a great job at managing the attention for each table. The lighting was perfect, the noise level was appropriate and the dining tables were well spaced out. The view was amazing.Special Features:
- Small portions big priceChrisDined on 11/9/2014The food was very good but the portions were very small. Our dinner cost quite a lot and we left still feeling hungry.
- Server was very mediocure!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were attracted by their very generous birthday month offer in that if you subscribe to their newsletter they give you a free entee to $35 value. Atmosphere was great with a nice harbor view. It was Crab Fest and the All Crab All The Time dish got thumbs up from all 4 in our party. The place was far from full but it took our waiter about 15 minutes to first serve us and take drink orders. then another 10 or so before he brought then. He was less than friendly and did not purvey a welcoming manner.Best I can say is he was accomodating when he did serve us but nothing more. Although we were not in a rush, it took over two hours start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the FenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had heard a lot about this restaurant and looked forward to some good crab. Didn't happen. 2 of us had the king crab legs and they were small, over cooked, came out of the shell in flakes. My other friend had the snow crab and got more out of it with less fight. Ceasar salad was very small and soggy. Dessert saved the day. Tasty, not too sweet, large portion, absolutely delicious. Would return again for dessert, not dinner.Special Features:
- Good Food, Amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014The food was good. Amazing view and Delicious croissant bread pudding. The food was tasty and creatively plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014An overall sense of who cares at this restaurant. Two of the Entrees are unavailable because they are sold out and the answer is well that is just the way it goes. Not two of the specials but two of the regular entrees are unavailable because at first we are told it is the result of a large party. Later the server just says it happens some times and we should just come in earlier as we made a later reservation. Errors on our bill, incomplete menu, and a large party that negatively affected the dining experience for the rest of the room made this an experience to forget. Not planning a return trip.
- anonymousanonymousDined on 10/18/2014I moved to Victoria 4 years ago, and the Blue Crab easily topped all my other dining experiences in quality of food (being exquisitely cooked, quality, and flavour), atmosphere was amazing with it's view of the harbour, and service was constant without hovering. Food wait times were not rushed, but didn't take long either. I would recommend the Blue Crab to anyone who doesn't mind spending about $50 a head, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they take pride in service and foodChristinefchef1234Dined on 10/8/2014The taste, view and service of this restaurant is outstanding. I am a chef and was truly blown away. I would recommend this restaurant to visiters and residence alike. Cheers and thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJaybeeDined on 10/8/2014The waitress was slow as it was a jbusy night. Had surf and turf. Steak was really good but the lobster was mushy and not edible.Special Features:
- Very good crab restauranthelles68Dined on 10/5/2014Our Crab Plates tasted very good ... Togehter with some good eine ... Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for TouristsSkisx2Dined on 9/29/2014The maître d' seems to be suffering from a rectal crainial inversion. They clearly didn't read the comments in the reservation, specifying a requirement for accessible seating and trying to seat a handicapped senior in the lower level.
- Master Chef CanadaOpenforuDined on 9/26/2014First visit to this place . Clean, elegant and friendly .Food was presented beautifully however it was warm not hot . Disappointing . Scallop appetizer way over priced . $ 16 for 3 scallops .... Cooked great , however once again cold. Would maybe go back there in future however lots of dinning options in area would be considered first . Overall high end food served at a cool temperature .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDinerDined on 9/22/2014Staff was gracious and accommodated us even though we inadvertently made the reservation for the next night. Service was great, friendly and professional, competent, helpful and not intrusive. Food was excellent - we had oysters, perfectly steamed Dungeness crab and flavorful BC salmon. Local wines were a great addition. The local cheese plate was diverse and tasty and the creme brulee with lavender anglaise delightful. We enjoyed a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an anniversaryCMP679Dined on 9/20/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion. A romantic setting with a spectacular view. The food was tasty and the service was good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Nice Choice...Great ViewLionsGateDined on 9/20/2014Our dinner at the Blue Crab was enjoyable. Server was friendly and helpful. Food quality was good. The resturant was sparsely occupied when we arrived, early on a Saturday night. The views were spectacular. Bartender was exceptional. Thanks for the nice evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our waiter was very nice and attentive he made s great experience both times I was there. I work on a cruise ship and have now been able to go twice it was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHonest123Dined on 9/4/2014The food was amazing. Ambiance was interesting..... We felt a little out of place due to the large amount of "well aged" people dining that evening. Need to bring in a bit younger of a crowd or seat areas a bit differently so the age difference isn't as telling. We basically felt like all eyes were on our table due to us being what looked like the only table having a bit of fun ( noise) However the restaurant and staff were outstanding. Would definately recommend and will as I personally work with many many tourists!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotelmoshDined on 8/31/2014Great view at sunset. We both loved out dishes. I had crab and it was perfect. The waiter was attentive but not too much. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have eaten out lots in Victoria, at a variety of places. The Blue Crab is our go to place for special occasions or for entertaining special friends. We have NEVER been disappointed here. Lots of places in Victoria serve very good food, but some of them are a bit hit and miss as far as quality is concerned. However we have never be disappointed with The Blue Crab.Special Features:
- King Crab Legs FabulousAngie900Dined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation for 4 via Open Table with a note that we were travelling from Arizona and wanted a window table so we could enjoy the water view. We ran late and they saved our table anyway (great table!) for us after actually reading our note! We were very pleased. Food was delicious and a BC wine called "Burrowing Owl" Chardonnay was terrific. Can not get it in the states. King crab legs were huge, sweet and succulent. Risotto was not as flavorful as we hoped but okay. We were all pleased. Small glitch with bill, an extra entrée was added by mistake which I am sure was an oversight and was taken care of post haste!Special Features:
- Lunch with a view of the water.tollerloverDined on 8/27/2014We made a reservation for a late lunch, as we were traveling by ferry. We had a table by the window, with an excellent view of the water. We both ordered seafood and were very happy with the dishes. The desserts also were excellent. The wine was exprensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Super expensive, not great food, small portions-large bill. Would not recommend this at allSpecial Features:
- Great food, good variety, nice viewScot0367Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner for four on my Wife's birthday. We are seafood fans and were very pleased with the food. My wife had the scallops, prawns with couscous and I had the crab combo dish, with the risotto. The crab cakes for an appetizer were also excellent. Service was very good, if a bit on the slow side, but we enjoyed the marina view from our table.Special Features:
- Over pricedfehquigcindyjo57Dined on 8/17/2014We both had appys Andy had a beer and a scotch I had the crab and he had the fish bowl and we had 1 dessert. The bill was $135 and we tipped $23The food was good but not great. My tempura prawns were more like deep fried and the oil tasted old. The crab was fine and so was the dessert so our dining experience was fine but not great, which I expect from a place like the Blue Crab.Special Features:
- 2nd Visit - still no regretsRenomaDined on 8/17/2014Amazing food and a great view. You can take a water taxi from the harbor to the restaurant. I heartily suggest this restaurant to anyone visiting Victoria and looking for a great restaurant for steak and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InternatllgirlieDined on 8/16/2014My halibut was raw, sent it back, but waiter took whole dinner back to kitchen, so I sat there while my companion ate her dinner! It took a while to get my dinner, but w/ jumbled service, eating out of order, it just wasn't pleasant. We won't come back, and it was so highly recommended by a friend!
- Blue Crab Fan ClubFussyDinerDined on 8/9/2014We arrived late to Victoria. It's August so hard to get a dinner reservation. We were delighted the Blue Crab was in our hotel and easy to get a reservation. I wasn't too hungry but hesitated to order crab cakes as most places put in too much filler. The waitress assured me I would love theirs and she was right. The crab cake appetizer was the perfect light dinner. Their continental breakfast buffet is great too and well priced.Special Features:
- Terrible crabAj08Dined on 8/8/2014We ordered the King crab and when it was delivered, the shells were so soft that we couldn't really even break in for the meat. It was like a noodle almost. We brought this up to the waiter and he said..."that happens" and never checked on us again. Terrible food, rude waiter, highly recommend you look elsewhere to eat.Special Features:
- foodforfourDined on 8/3/2014We traveled to Victoria to celebrate my husband's birthday and my brother and sister in law's 30th anniversary. We selected the Blue Crab Seafood House as our destination to celebrate both on that night. Service was excellent and so was the food. We appreciated the free entrée as it was a practice of the restaurant to do if it was your birthday month. Quite generous of them to do this and much appreciated!!!Special Features:
- CrabtasticCrabtasticDined on 7/31/2014I had the scallops and bacon to start which were very good. The scallops were seared and perfectly cooked, and the bacon was thick and salty. We both had the all crab main which consisted of snow, king and dungeness. All were coked to perfection and tasted wonderful. We'd highly recommend the blue crab to anyone with a hankering for seafood. I have seen some reviews that say it is expensive, but we thought it was very reasonable for what you got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement SUCCESSBandJDined on 7/29/2014I recently planned a surprise engagement here at the Blue Crab and I was BLOWN AWAY at the atmosphere and the cooperation of the staff with my plans. Everyone went out of their way to help me, and the food was amazing! They even comp'd us a bottle of champagne on behalf of our special night! You won't find that many places anymore... Blue Crab is an amazing place and DEFINITELY well worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 305 reviews are from the Blue Crab Seafood House - Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel reviews archive.
- Excellent Service and FoodLuv2EatDined on 7/24/2014We were seated promptly and had a lovely window table for four. Our guest who were on vacation was thrilled with our choice of this restaurant. When we were seated a portable chalk board stand was presented at our table with the daily specials written in a very easy manner to understand. We thought this was brilliant as we tend to forget the specials if they were spoken to us. I do anyways. Our meals came at a timely matter and beautifully plated. We all had the same meal.. Crab to crab and surf and turf. Meal was cooked to perfection. The crab was fun to crack open. A little messy. Suggestions of kitchen scissors would be easier to open up the crab legs.. Or have the chef cut along the edges.. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014We got the special several course dinner it was fantastic and worth the money. I will return when I am back in Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of harbourScoobyDined on 6/24/2014The food is pricey for what you get so expect to pay around $25 - 30 for an entree. A very nice view but nothing special for decor or ambience.Special Features:
- Live theatre on the waterwaywawaDined on 6/23/2014Whatever the weather you can't beat the live theatre of water taxis, kayaks, floatplanes, and ferries out the window. The food is always great and Prawnfest, too was just an added bonus. thanks for a lovely evening yet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food and mediocre serviceunderwhelmedDined on 6/14/2014The main course was alright but far too over priced for what it was. The soups were sub-par especially considering they took 45 minutes to come out. Mine was under salted and lacked flavor for a chowder and contained under cooked potatoes. My wifes soup flavourful, but was thin and lacked any substance for a bisque. Our waiter was also fairly inattentive and could have done a better job in explaining why our food was taking so long. The one saving grace was the hostess. We did arrive a but earlier than our reservations and she was still able to seat us. She also noticed that we did not look completely happy and came over at the end of the meal to try and rectify things.Special Features:
- a Beautiful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Our waiter Mike was awesome and the crab legs were delicious the food did not take long at all and the atmosphere was beautiful and genuine. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappytoadDined on 6/6/2014Good service and food. My wife and I really enjojed the waterfront view by the window. It was a very romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a nice place to eat..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014We enjoyed our experience at BCSH. The King Crab legs were not as good as other places I've had them, but overall the food was pretty good. Be prepared to spend at least $100 on dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningCanadianChivette75Dined on 5/31/2014Took my daughter out for a suprise pre grad dinner. We had an absolutely amazing experience. Outstanding service, delicious food. Perfect way to end our Momma and daughter date. Thank you ! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.