Blue Crab Grill
322 Suburban Drive
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blue Crab Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluecrabgrill.com/
- Phone: (302) 737-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm. Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dick Schmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties, wedding receptions, business functions, holiday parties
A word from Blue Crab Grill
The Blue Crab offers creative cuisine in a casual setting. We feature many fresh specials daily, always changing to capture the best of the market. Chesapeake Bay crabs are available in season. A full bar, highlighting local craft beers & wines compliment our unique food preparations. Close to the University of Delaware campus with ample parking, let us be your dinning destination when you visit Newark. Our professional & friendly staff is at your service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Crab Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Another rocking timeHeatherDined on 4/13/2014Good music, fabulous food. The scallops were to die for!!!! Which explains why everyone at the table ordered to same dish. I am surprised they did not run out of scallops because of our table. The risotto was perfectly cooked and the veggies melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- An unexpected findDRWCDined on 4/6/2014I've driven past this restaurant HUNDREDS of times and I had no idea what was inside. Walking in, the environment is open and welcoming. Despite many tables, accommodating ~ 200, the tall ceilings and open floor plan make for great ambiance. Additionally, though not while we were present, they have a stage where they welcome live music. I will visit again and look forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegularHeatherDined on 3/23/2014The crab and artichoke dip were delicious and the dungeonous crab legs are always my favorite. Wine was great. The music could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Patrick's Sunday FundayHeatherDined on 3/16/2014I love this restaurant. It's fun, energetic with the band on Sundays. The food is always delicious. The lobster & shrimp wedge salad had a beautiful presentation with the correct amount of flavor. Perfect lunch for a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Crab GrillJunglemom1Dined on 3/14/2014The food is delicious. Loved the soft shelled crabs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice as nice!DCHolderDined on 3/14/2014My boyfriend and I have started calling Blue Crab Grill "our spot" as we were going to dinner here almost weekly. I deceided to take a friend and her mother there for dinner and they loved it! It was soooo good that me and my children had plans for dinner the next evening that I went right back with them and they loved it as well!! The chocolate swirl cheesecake was awesome!! And the crab nachos, simply delightful! And the seafood Bouille, to die for!! Great place and great prices!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!JojoDined on 3/11/2014We were in Town for a meeting And the clerk at the hotel recommended to Blue crab grill. We had lunch. There were wonderful sounding choices and I chose the Crab Cake platter. It was delicious! The veggies were fresh & had great flavor, the Crab Cake was wonderful! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but it tookJeffDined on 3/9/2014Food was good but it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to be served. The food was warm but not hot.Special Features:
- Delicious!FrenchmbpDined on 3/8/2014Every meal we have had has been delicious! Blue Crab Grill is our favorite local restaurant. The seafood is always perfectly cooked and the dishes memorable. We tried the seafood nachos as an appetizer and will be back to order that as a meal in itself.Special Features:
- Stick with the appetizersSLJBDined on 3/8/2014Priced as if it was fine dining, quality sub par. Slow service, overpriced, overcooked. Stick with the appetizers which are fantastic. Skip the overpriced drinks and poorly cooked entrees and frozen desserts. Go to Harry's Seafood instead where you pay just a little more for high quality seafood.
- Delish!ShelbyDined on 3/7/2014We had a great experience at the Blue Crab Grill! The food was absolutely delicious! We have always wanted to try it and finally did. Wish we had tried it years ago! We realized what we have been missing all this time. We will go back time and time again! The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- ReviewfriendsDined on 2/28/2014We've been to the Blue Crab many times and enjoy it every time we've been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprize finddivascubaDined on 2/25/2014While on a business trip I wanted a good seafood restaurant in Elkton/Newark. Hotel suggested Blue Crab. Was a bit reluctant since this was a strip mall, but found the food and service to be more than expected. Large beautiful Manhattan. Total for two with drinks, appetizers and entrée was $84.00. The Seafood Salad was perfect and loaded with goodies. A bargain. Other diner had Crab dish that was one of the best ever and he loves Crab. Not loaded with cream and fillers, just good lump crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FairDinkDined on 2/16/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant all the reviews I read were good so I decides to give it a try... I had to ask for our dinner rolls and when the waiter brought it out it was a stale roll the soup was too salty for my husband and I wasn't asked what I wanted for my side order with my dinner so they just assumed... They food was good but it took awhile.. They need to do a lot of remodeling and more cooks are needed.Special Features:
- Down on the BayouHeatherDined on 2/16/2014So we decided to have an appetizer lunch. So we ordered the steam shrimp (yummy), sauteed spinach (sultry), bruschetta (cheesy), and crab quesadillas (decadent). All the while the band played till 4pm. What an awesome afternoon. I keep returning to this restaurant because of the atmosphere and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was good, restaurant appeared to be clean. My only complaint is that they were out of two of the items that we ordered. The waiter was oblivious and after taking my order had to come back to the table to tell me that the kitchen was out of steak ( not sure how a seafood restaurant runs out of steak at 6pm on a Saturday). Whatever, I went with another entree that was very good. Same scenario when we ordered dessert. He offered his apologies... So I guess that's worth something. That said, I would probably give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue CraberbobDined on 2/9/2014Great brunch with nice Bloody Mary bar. Picked a day with Beatles impostors so that was cool. Usually go there for dinner which is always great; our first brunch there was also super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Newark RestaurantnewarkfavoriteDined on 2/9/2014Another outstanding experience at the BCG. I really enjoyed the music on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selection of seafoodSeafoodloverDined on 2/1/2014Good selection of seafood dishes. Food was excellent, service was great. I was catching up with a friend, we were there for a good 2 hours , they did not push us out the door when we were done eating. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab bisque!zaxomaDined on 1/30/2014Best crab bisque we've tasted. Service was very good. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and the decor is somewhat dated, however the food we had was well prepared.Special Features:
- Elkton's Seafood SensationNajla26Dined on 1/14/2014I chose Blue Crab Bar and Grill because I wanted to take my boyfriend to a great seafood restaurant for his 38th bday. I had not read any previous reviews so I did not have any expectations whatsoever. Blue Crab and Grill blew me away. I ordered a chicken Ceasar Salad as an appetizer and my boyfriend ordered the Alligator Sausage with Salsa. Both dishes were amazing!! For our entrees we decided to order the Pan Seared Sea bass with vegetable stew and Duck with Mash Potatoes. Both of these dishes were sensational!. I have not had seafood this amazing since I lived in Florida. Our waitress was extremely polite and attentive. I will be bringing my parents back to Blue Crab Grill! Please feel free to post my review on Social Media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHemlockDined on 1/12/2014Went for the Brunch and music. Soups were very good but the Brunch meals were delivered stone cold. Our server just abandoned us when the band arrived and we had to flag another server down just to get a coffee refill. Servers were articulate and pleasant - but - need more training to rise above Golden Arches levels. The 2 member band was good but the drummer finally drove us to leave. A drummer in a confined space - who would have thought - or didn't?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise - surpriseHemlockDined on 1/5/2014We normally hit restaurants in Wilmington or North of the MD boarder when returning from the Opera or Ballet in Wilmington. Found Blue Crab on the Open Table reservation site. Good reviews so we tried it for dinner. Good reviews for a reason: completely comfortable atmosphere, great & friendly service, with well prepared foods. Tried the soups and two seafood dishes. All were perfect. Don't be put-off by the strip mall, remember the snow and ice are removed from the parking lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCNAJrDined on 11/23/2013I wanted good seafood, and I got it. The appetizer and meal were excellent. It's in a strip mall, but that didn't make the experience bad in any way. I look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzyHeatherDined on 11/10/2013This was my first time on a Sunday for lunch and it was great! The jazz music was soothing. We ordered the shrimp cocktail with crabmeat which was tasty and perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Pick!MaurDined on 11/8/2013We were up at UDel for parents weekend and wanted to try someplace different. We were late for our reservation but the hostess kept apologizing to us for having us wait. The food was great, but the staff really seems to be the shining stars! They were friendly, energetic and they seemed to really enjoy serving us! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Table Filled ... at LunchSaniDelDined on 11/8/2013The word must be out about the Blue Crab Grill ... every table was filled for lunch. We've gone several times recently and haven't gotten past the daily specials as they are inevitably so interesting and so tasty. Get there early and ask for a table in the front on the raised section by the windows ... not for the outside view, but for the isolation from the bar in the back ... unless you like a bar scene. While you are at the Blue Crab Grill, check out their spotless aquarium dividing the bar from the front of the restaurant ... the table in front of the aquarium may be their best, but it is only for two and it is on the bar side. Wherever you sit, you will have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findNTZ62Dined on 11/3/2013A quiet, comfortable Sunday night dinner place. The attentive server knew the menu well and food matched the white-tablecloth-atmosphere. Good sized portions of excellent seafood. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Consistently Perfect FoodHappy2dineDined on 10/26/2013This little gem located within a shopping center is our go to place for lunch or dinner and never have we been let down. The food is prepared as if they really care and the hostess to the wait staff our always on their toes. We searched for a place that was high scale for our 39th wedding anniversary and The Blue Crab kept being the place we knew would be better over any other that I was trying to come up with. They even surprised us with a delicious dessert to share for the occasion. I had oysters Rockefeller and the surf n' turf and must say the tenderloin was like butter in my mouth...sooooo good.Special Features:
- Eat here oftensusiegDined on 10/26/2013The food and service are always good. Hard to find great restuarants in this area, but Blue Crab never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!luv2eatDined on 10/4/2013My family really likes Blue Crab Grill ! My kids give us gift cards to there for gifts and love to go with us when we dine there! The food is consistently great and it has a nice atmosphere. We like being able to see into the kitchen and all the servers we've encountered are friendly and extremely competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The drunken snow crabs arehansDined on 10/4/2013The drunken snow crabs are spectacular. This restaurant has an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood restaurantGrandmaDined on 10/3/2013This restaurant is tucked away in a shopping center; complete with Home Depot. It was much more upscale than this would indicate. The service was average, but not attentive. Food was good but not outstanding. Were we to come back to this area we would probably try this again; but only after inquiring about other options in the area.Special Features:
- Memorable TimetreeDined on 9/22/2013We have never been disappointed in the Blue Crab. Family and friends come a long distance knowing that they will enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDMARKDined on 9/15/2013The food is excellent and at a reasonable price. Friendly service with an excellent selection of food and beverage on the menu.Special Features:
- Disappoints mostly in allFoodDined on 8/10/2013Disappoints mostly in all respects for the prices charged.
- DecadentHeatherDined on 7/29/2013An awesome meal of lobster and drunken dungeoness crabs. The sauce for crabs bursts with flavor in your mouth. The wine was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceeasytopleaseDined on 6/20/2013I don't think I have ever had to wait an hour and a half to get lunch. The waitress kept saying "It will be right out" then disappear. The food was not good enough for me to give it a second chance.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Always a good meal. One of our favorite places..ESP for seafood.Special Features:
- Great service, fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Crab Nachos fresh, delicious crab, perfect avocado slices.. The shrimp/crab cocktail came in a martini glass with lovely, vibrant pico de Gallo, delicious large shrimp, fresh lump crab meat. Seafood salad - great presentation with fresh greens. Their fresh steamed crabs were large and were offered at 12 for 40 dollars. The location in in a strip mall so not the best ambiance looking outside. The staff was friendly, knowledgable and efficient. Our bill was 70 dollars for 3 appetizers, a salad (entree sized), Oyster sampler (which the others in my party stated were very good) and a glass of wine. Meal is also served with complimentary fresh baked bread with a plate of herbed olive oil. Chef also gave us a complimentary tasting appetizerSpecial Features: