Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
8960 Wilcox Drive
Twinsburg, OH 44087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3304862583x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am – 2:00pm Tavern Hours: 1 hour before and after the dining hours. Outdoor Patio Closed but will reopen Wednesday 5/21 prior to Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brandt Evans/Dan Shelnutt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We prefer a 48-hour notice when placing your order to make sure that we can offer you the freshest ingredients and make substitutions if necessary.
To place your order, please call (330)486-2583.
To view a menu, visit www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com, or e-mail your catering request to email@example.com.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
- Special Events: Looking for the perfect place to handle the details of your upcoming special event? Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern is the place! Our Private Dining staff tailors each event to your vision – every detail is meticulously handled to make sure your event is exactly what you imagined. Our staff executes the event with timeliness, attentive and Professional services.
Some examples of Private Dining events Blue Canyon has hosted:
•Bridal and Baby Showers
•Special Occasion Dinners
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers full-service, on-site, off-site catering and private dining, contemporary cuisine tailored to your event utilizing only the freshest seafood, meat, fruits and vegetables and service you've come to expect when you dine at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern.
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers a unique experience unlike any other. A majestic log cabin, reminiscent of those gracing the national parks out West, sits atop a sandstone buff in the most unlikely of places: Twinsburg, Ohio. Its presence welcomes wary guests to enjoy a retreat from everyday life, while enjoying the culinary creations of award-winning Executive Chef Brandt Evans. Guests are invited in to enjoy creative American cooking in one of six-nature inspired dining rooms each offering a unique dining destination, from the splendor of the Great Room to the intimacy of the Porch. During the summer from Memorial Day up to Labor Day guests who enjoy outdoor dining can mingling with friends & family on our Patio, complete with a water feature, fire pit, full bar & brick oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg - Best Restaurants in Twinsburg ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)scenic view (119)fit for foodies (82)romantic (77)great for outdoor dining (73)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (35)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)Show More
- Maybe because it was SundayPeteVIPDined on 9/28/2014Disappointed. Food was OK, but service lacked - Had to beg from bread, no refills on drinks, never got a steak knife; server made us feel people next to us a lot more important because they got clambakes. And somebody needs to tell them that they are not yet a "fine dining" restaurant. $45 for 14 OZ Ribeye special? Really? RED THE STEAKHOUSE HAS A 16 OZ PRIME FOR LESS. I know I am leaving out the scoop of mashed potatoes and 4 green beans, but really Folks. We want to love this place because it is close by, has remarkable ambience, an imaginative chef and very good overall bar. But it just misses the mark enough in a few key areas, that added all up, makes for a so-so night. I think people are afraid to criticize because it is so popularSpecial Features:
- Delicious clambakeLakesideDined on 9/28/2014Great but disappointed the patio was closed it was a beautiful day I wanted to show my friends it was their first time Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was great. Our waitress was excellent. We really enjoyed our time. The food was really good. They have quite a selection of food and you can special order omlets, pancakes, French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Service very very slow. Waitress not friendly and timing of food bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NannDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good (the red snapper was perfection) and the server was friendly and prompt, however we had to wait 25 minutes to get our check. It was a little difficult to hold a conversation as this restaurant is quite noisy. We did get the table we requested, but it seems that there were too many tables crowded together. My husband was boxed in the corner, and my chair back hit another diner’s chair at the next table. This is a pricy restaurant and one we think of for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Always good. Always try to please. The hostess did her best to find us a special table we requested. Everything else always great.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsBLAKEDined on 9/26/2014Good food, great service, not too noisy. We love the rustic atmosphere at the Blue Canyon and have never been disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014It was quite crowded due to a nearby hotel convention. So I am sure that the noise level would be reduced on the average night. Also I would suggest that parents keep their energetic young ones home if choosing this restaurant. We had a nearby family continually taking their 3 for a walk to quiet them down. Eventually they were rolling on the floor. Is this really a restaurant choice for young kids when you are going to drop $50 per person on a good meal? I would have preferred a little less noise. But the service level, decor, and meal were great nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Overpriced FoodMatureDinerDined on 9/24/2014The food was very good but a bit overpriced. Although we had asked for a quiet table when making reservation through Open Table, we were given the nearest table to the open kitchen so of course it wasn't quiet. Also had a lot of server traffic collecting food, etc. In general, the place is noisy given that there is nothing to absorb noise that I could see. If you are looking for an overpriced good food meal, this is your place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Overall experience was good. The tables were too close making it difficult to get out if you had to leave the table for any reason. Service was very good, very attentive server without being too pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam Bake!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014We always enjoy brunch at Blue Canyon and for the first time, we tried the Clam Bake. The food was excellent. The clam chowder was very flavorful and the side dishes were wonderful. Dessert was lame, but we were really too full to care. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainst2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had an awesome time with my friends before homecoming. It's a great place to go before an event or just to hang out with people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeTonyDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food and service. The rabbit stew was incredible. Only nit was the vegetables were as little undercooked, but still delicious.Special Features:
- Very good but...JoelVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a very nice experience, but just a couple of minor "beefs" (pun intended). The special steak on the menu, a 14-oz NY strip, was very good, prepared closer to medium than the requested medium-rare, but quite pricey at $46, to which it didn't quite stand up. Also, while not exactly rushed, I felt that the service was a bit faster than what would represent a relaxing dinner. Lobster-tomato bisque was very good, Caesar salad just right, and a half order of pasta with small chunks of lobster excellent. A nice venue, nice view from the terrace side, and not too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DiningfunshipDined on 9/15/2014What a great place! Had a fantastic waitress "Mary" Food was fantastic! What a great place ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyJeffroDined on 9/15/2014We visited Blue Canyon to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they didn't disappoint. We've known what we wanted to eat there for months. There Bay Scallops are amazing. I dare say they are better than steak. The salad and crème brûlée were perfect. Can't wait til next year or when I win the lottery to come back.Special Features:
- DailDined on 9/13/2014Great dining experience. We celebrated our birthdays there. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food terrible sercvice.foodytwoDined on 9/13/2014We were seated by hostess rgen waited 5-7 min.before our waiter arrived. we ordered drinks and bread,we got rhe drinks but no bread,then waited 22 min.before my wife flagged down another server. it was like that the whole night. i wont be making another reservation.Special Features:
- CrazyTayX2Dined on 9/9/2014I had yo go here for a class project and I was to observe the fine dining technique and I wasn't impressed at all. My mother and I were over looked most of the time, because we weren't a party of 8. We felt ignored. The food was amazing. We tried to order dessert and she kept going to the big party and ignoring us. So we didn't order dessert and ask for the check but yet it took her awhile to get the check as well. I felt like as if I had got up and left she wouldn't even notice.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/5/2014Have often dined at Blue Canyon and find the food is consistent and there is always a game dish on the menu. Typically there is a crowd in both the restaurant and bar. This Friday might we had 7:45 reservations and found both bar and restaurant to have a very small crowd. The food was good particularly the blue fin special. Another real plus is the encouragement of bringing your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Day?SteakhouseManVIPDined on 9/5/2014We usually have a great time / meal at this blue canyon location, however it seems that this time around things were stagnant. The sides felt like they were prepped before and just scooped out of a warmer. The fish was so so, the boar special was great, and the steaks were over done. Service was solid as always.Special Features:
- favoritefavnumber1Dined on 9/4/2014It never fails that Blue Canyon is always my favoriteSpecial Features:
- My very favorite area restaurant!!ellenDined on 9/4/2014I am greeted as I walk through the door, seated immediately, my special requests are met and I'm in and out promptly. Given the high quality menu and the superb food and beverages, the knowledgeable and friendly staff (including the owner/manager), what more could I want?Special Features:
- Great Place!luvthecanyonDined on 9/4/2014We have visited the Blue Canyon numerous times and had our wedding reception there too! The atmosphere is great and I would highly recommend going here for dinner!Special Features:
- Good food.DeliciousDined on 8/30/2014Blue canyon is a beautiful restaurant with fresh, unique and delicious food. The service is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014There are quite a few gluten free options with their menu. The server was very informed regarding this diet restriction and was able to answer our questions. We would recommend this restaurant for anyone that has a gluten free diet. Awesome wild game selection as well. We both had the elk and it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our server, Michelle was excellent! Will definitely ask for her next time! Lobster tail was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try The Trout!RandBDined on 8/26/2014I absolutely do not order any seafood with skin however I listened to our waiter and ordered the signature pretzel crusted trout. Three words: TO DIE FOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLeoDDined on 8/24/2014Decor very rustic and comfortable. Food assortment varied and all delicious. A delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBertDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance, the waitress and the food was all outstanding! We had dinner guests from Canada and they loved the place. The waitress was very helpful and very friendly.Special Features:
- Not good this time...Momof2Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to blue canyon several times. Not sure that we will be back. Waitress forgot our chips. Our table was so rocky and loose it was hard to eat. Had to ask for steak knives. No drink refills, despite asking. Husband dinner was yucky...Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencePattiLouWhoDined on 8/21/2014Our dinner club meets monthly at different venues around the Akron and Cleveland area. Because we try not to repeat any of the restaurants, we have had a number of dining experiences. During our evening at Blue Canyon, everyone in our group of eight loved his/her meal. The atmosphere was very pleasant, and the service was outstanding. The server was attentive without being intrusive. This is one of the few restaurants that we will be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- Great Food ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food was excellent ,the service was great event the bread was an experience. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and elegant.AnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/19/2014We throughly enjoyed our evening. We ordered 2 BC signature dishes - mushroom and asparagas flatbread appetizer and the prestzle crusted trout. The half size order of the trout was a generous portion. The mini s'more dessertis a perfect size. The food from appetizer to dessert was delicious - high quality, well- seasoned and attractively presented. The view through the catherdral windows is beautiful. The atmoshphere iat BC is a comfortable blend of friendly, busy and gracious dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcat47Dined on 8/18/2014Greatly enjoyed our experience celebrating our sons"anniversary. Our waitress, Tamara , was what you hoped for when you got a waitress. She made the occasion thoroughly exciting. Highly recommend this place for anything special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service, we've returned several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!PaulaDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal and the relaxing atmosphere that can't be found otherwise in this area of NE Ohio. Can't wait to go back! Staff was attentive and not pushy. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Canyon ExcellentSROBBVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great dinner with friends. The food and atmosphere were great. Will go back again. Glad it is close to home.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasion dining. Staff is friendly and the food is high quality. I'll come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a good visitsnipsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Although we enjoyed our meals of the Lobster Linguine and Bacon Crusted Pork Chop, the hostess, sides, and salads were not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.