Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
8960 Wilcox Drive
Twinsburg, OH 44087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3304862583x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am – 2:00pm Tavern Hours: 1 hour before and after the dining hours. Outdoor Patio Closed but will reopen Wednesday 5/21 prior to Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brandt Evans/Dan Shelnutt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We prefer a 48-hour notice when placing your order to make sure that we can offer you the freshest ingredients and make substitutions if necessary.
To place your order, please call (330)486-2583.
To view a menu, visit www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com, or e-mail your catering request to email@example.com.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
- Special Events: Looking for the perfect place to handle the details of your upcoming special event? Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern is the place! Our Private Dining staff tailors each event to your vision – every detail is meticulously handled to make sure your event is exactly what you imagined. Our staff executes the event with timeliness, attentive and Professional services.
Some examples of Private Dining events Blue Canyon has hosted:
•Bridal and Baby Showers
•Special Occasion Dinners
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers full-service, on-site, off-site catering and private dining, contemporary cuisine tailored to your event utilizing only the freshest seafood, meat, fruits and vegetables and service you've come to expect when you dine at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern.
- Cross Street: SR 82 & I-480
- Public Transit: We apologize we do not have any Public Transit Stops which guests use near Blue Canyon knowing we are in the Northeast suburbs of Cleveland. There is public transportation available for those who work in the area and cannot drive to work.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet parking available on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers a unique experience unlike any other. A majestic log cabin, reminiscent of those gracing the national parks out West, sits atop a sandstone buff in the most unlikely of places: Twinsburg, Ohio. Its presence welcomes wary guests to enjoy a retreat from everyday life, while enjoying the culinary creations of award-winning Executive Chef Brandt Evans. Guests are invited in to enjoy creative American cooking in one of six-nature inspired dining rooms each offering a unique dining destination, from the splendor of the Great Room to the intimacy of the Porch. During the summer from Memorial Day up to Labor Day guests who enjoy outdoor dining can mingling with friends & family on our Patio, complete with a water feature, fire pit, full bar & brick oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg - Best Restaurants in Twinsburg ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (147)scenic view (115)fit for foodies (92)good for groups (88)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (61)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (37)kid-friendly (27)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)late-night find (10)Show More
- Dinner w/FriendsCatTDined on 10/27/2014We tried BC for our once a month get-together with friends. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant. Staff was great. Very nice selection on the menu. Liked it so much we are going back next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Took wife and kids there for our anniversary brunch, really happy we went. The combination of a brunch buffet and being able to order from the kitchen was just right, the spread including salmon, shrimp, and prime rib were excellent. Wish they had the oysters but perhaps another time. Would absolutely recommend this place for special events and fine dining.Special Features:
- Too Loud2cj2cjDined on 10/25/2014I usually give this place 5 stars, but on Saturday there was a wedding going on and it was very loud. I also sat on the Porch for the first time and the table next to us was a very large, loud group. I would request the main room next time I go back. Food and service were both excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 6dennisthemenaceDined on 10/25/2014The pretzel trout has always my favorite and still is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good. The waitress was very pleasant and knew the menu well. I made a reservation in advance, there was only a few couples in the restaurant to be seated and the hostess sat us right by the kitchen and waitress station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014liked atmosphere.wide menue selections and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!TashaDined on 10/24/2014We made reservations last minute and were able to get a table for two on a Friday night. The restaurant was beautiful, it reminded us of an upscale lodge. All of the staff was very friendly and professional. Our server Mike was very knowledgeable and helpful. The menu had a lot of great options and I ordered butternut squash ravioli with a pumpkin sauce and my boyfriend ordered lobster linguine. We thought the food was excellent. We also ordered a dessert to-go which was very good. I would recommend Blue Canyon. We plan on eating there agin soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAmyj1872Dined on 10/24/2014We went to Blue Canyon for my parents anniversary and our anniversary. We got there and were seated right away per our reservation. That is where the service went south. It took the waitress about 10 minutes to come to our table for drink orders. When she finally came, it was another 15 minutes before the drinks arrived. The service was poor to say the least. Our entrees came and our salad plates and soup bowls were still on our table. We had to pick the. Up and hand to the servers before they could put our entrees down. It seems she had too many tables to service in a timely fashion.
- Destination...Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014This place is worth the drive just for the atmosphere and the view. It makes you forget you are right off of the highways of northeast Ohio. The food and drinks are delicious! Small plates are just that, small. Be aware. Also, when ordering any special, be sure to know the portion size of the meat. Some of the wild game may be a smaller cut than you may be used to. If you prefer your meat on the well done side, they will do it, but ONLY if you are specific. There are plenty of vegetarian options and gluten free choices also. This is one of my favorite places to have a couples night out or to meet with a group of friends, but when I brought my children, they enjoyed it too. Try it...you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewsMikeshyDined on 10/19/2014Our evening did not start out very well when our reservation for 8 people including two young children at 6:00 PM turned into a 45 minute wait. The hostesses never did seem to have a good handle on when they would get us a table. Our server did a nice job of taking over and all in all, once seated and attended to, out food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceecewDined on 10/19/2014Service was not good. Several servers delivered our clambake pot to the table; not one noticed we had no plates. Could not get anyone's attention & had to cross the room to the serving area to get anyone's attention. Still had to wait; no sign of our waitress. Did not get melted butter with our bakes. When our waitress finally returned and we mentioned no plates & no butter, she became very defensive and said "we got slammed (busy) today" and offered a weak apology; tone was "it's not my fault". Also, potatoes were served with a teaspoon; coffee was served with an ice tea spoon. In fairness, she did not charge us for our coffee. First time in a long time we debated not leaving a tip; she did get less than we would normally give.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnergreat2eatDined on 10/18/2014everything was great from the steak to the mixed drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was very pleased with the service, the ambiance, and the overall experience. Our apitizer was great, My Fiance's food was great, I have celiacs, the Gluten free menu was adequate, but I elected to have the "Steak of the Day" it was a Ribeye, and I was not very satisfied with it, I thought it was over priced for the cut of meat, and overall not very good. Overall I was very pleased with this establishment, and will give it a second chance, I just won't be ordering a Ribeye again. The lobster Mashed Potatoes where amazing though, and this is the first place I have been to that offered them Gluten free.
- Good service, tiny portionsmorefoodpleaseDined on 10/18/2014We had been wanting to try out Blue Canyon for awhile now, and for the price was expecting to be impressed however that was not the case. The service was fine and the food just mediocre. What was most disappionting was the serving size....tiny! For thd price I would expect a bit more especially since it doesnt even come with bread or salad as most comparable places do. I order butternut squash raviolo and only got 5 pieces of pasta! Come on this is pasta not meat I expected a little more! I never finish a meal at most resturants because the serving size is more than enough however I left Blue Canyon still starving!
- great!!JohnDined on 10/18/2014We had a great meal, served by friendly healpful people in a nice rustic atmosphere. Very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceFoodieDined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing, I have never tasted food so delicious. I have been to Blue Canyon before and have always loved the service. The wait staff is usually friendly, the service is reasonable, and ambiance is incredible. When I went the other night, my waiter was rude and treated me like I was an idiot. But I wasn't going to let him stop me from having a good time and I'm definitely going back. The food is worth it =)Special Features:
- Awesome awesome awesomelove2eatDined on 10/11/2014From the moment we walked in here we were treated by friendl hostess! We had an awesome waitress and the food was amazing! The whole experience was terrific. I would recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuvtheserviceDined on 10/11/2014Service was slow at the start. We were not shared the specials like tables around us. We had small table and dinner came before we were finished with salad. Barely had Room to eat. Wedge was swimming in balsamic. Linguini was clumpy. Plenty of lobster however. Finally Valle nearly crashed our car racing a truck in the small parking lot.Special Features:
- A Reliable Upscale EstablishmentUpscaleDiningDined on 10/9/2014The Blue Caynon Restaurant Group has always been a favorite for us. My wife and I appreciate the consistency of fine dining and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CEB5CEB5Dined on 10/5/2014I went to the Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern to celebrate my birthday. Their clambake is excellent. The food was delicious, everything but the clams are endless portions so you definitely get enough to eat. The scenery is beautiful, the ambiance is pleasant and the service is wonderful. I would highly recommend The Blue Canyon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Quality LackingLeimLifeDined on 10/4/2014Adorned like a mountain lodge. Friendly greeters reservation ready. The restaraunt was not very busy, and we were sat on the deck that has windows - no view except reflection in the glass as it was dark out. The server showed little interest after we made our drink selection, the beer was cold and my wife enjoyed her drink as well. We waited what seamed like forever to recieve our first course, my soup arrived about room temperature and her salad looked less than appealing. We had to flag down our server to receive our dinner bread. Main course just a hint over room temp, medium rare was rare. Atmosphere was less than inviting. Would have rather saved 50.00 AMD gone to Texas Roadhouse, cheap silverware but never a problem with service.
- My 1st time at BC. WILL BE BACK !!LennyandSquiggyDined on 10/4/2014Service was OUTSTANDING. Food was EXCEPTIONALLY TASTY & different than most standard resturants. Presentation was surprisingly good. Went on a busy Sat night - yet service was EXCELENT. Very responsive - but never felt rushed. Portions were just right also. Can't wait to go back - with friends this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningIsabella17Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our dining experience completely.....Outstanding food, great service and beautiful atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time= oops!MerefinDined on 10/4/2014We were very impressed by the setting and interior. the soup and salad were outstanding. However our entrees were over cooked. My husbands steak was barely pink. Definitely not medium rare. I ordered the red snapper special and mine was too well done also. I think our waiter just forgot to pick them up and let them sit as there was quite a long wait between courses. we will return but not on a Sat. nite and not for $36 entrees!Special Features:
- Blue Canyon RevisitedBKBKDined on 10/4/2014We went to Blue Canyon the last 2 years for our sons Birthday. We had a party of 6 and everyone in the party enjoyed their meal. Our reservation was for 5:30 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded so I was glad to have a reservation. My family enjoys fish so this is a great restaurant because there are many options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimlinVIPDined on 10/3/2014Too noisy. Too expensive considering the portions are small. Food was way over seasoned. Better food and experience could be had at a sports bar.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Big fan of Brandt Evans. Had not been to BC for a long time, and the food was just as wonderful as I remembered. We took friends who are restaurateurs, and they were very, very happy.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceRobbVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food is consistently excellent, as is the service. We request Mary as our server and she continues to help make our experiences enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue CanyonSROBBVIPDined on 9/30/2014Nice celebration dinner. Atmosphere good. Service, a little slower than normal. Overall good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe because it was SundayPeteVIPDined on 9/28/2014Disappointed. Food was OK, but service lacked - Had to beg from bread, no refills on drinks, never got a steak knife; server made us feel people next to us a lot more important because they got clambakes. And somebody needs to tell them that they are not yet a "fine dining" restaurant. $45 for 14 OZ Ribeye special? Really? RED THE STEAKHOUSE HAS A 16 OZ PRIME FOR LESS. I know I am leaving out the scoop of mashed potatoes and 4 green beans, but really Folks. We want to love this place because it is close by, has remarkable ambience, an imaginative chef and very good overall bar. But it just misses the mark enough in a few key areas, that added all up, makes for a so-so night. I think people are afraid to criticize because it is so popularSpecial Features:
- Delicious clambakeLakesideDined on 9/28/2014Great but disappointed the patio was closed it was a beautiful day I wanted to show my friends it was their first time Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchKat2772Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was great. Our waitress was excellent. We really enjoyed our time. The food was really good. They have quite a selection of food and you can special order omlets, pancakes, French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Service very very slow. Waitress not friendly and timing of food bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NannDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good (the red snapper was perfection) and the server was friendly and prompt, however we had to wait 25 minutes to get our check. It was a little difficult to hold a conversation as this restaurant is quite noisy. We did get the table we requested, but it seems that there were too many tables crowded together. My husband was boxed in the corner, and my chair back hit another diner’s chair at the next table. This is a pricy restaurant and one we think of for special occasions.Special Features:
- good service but had flaws.nocon7Dined on 9/27/2014The food was really good. But I was dissapointed. The butter was freezer burnt and the pumpkin humus was nasty. Over all though it was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Always good. Always try to please. The hostess did her best to find us a special table we requested. Everything else always great.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsBLAKEDined on 9/26/2014Good food, great service, not too noisy. We love the rustic atmosphere at the Blue Canyon and have never been disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014It was quite crowded due to a nearby hotel convention. So I am sure that the noise level would be reduced on the average night. Also I would suggest that parents keep their energetic young ones home if choosing this restaurant. We had a nearby family continually taking their 3 for a walk to quiet them down. Eventually they were rolling on the floor. Is this really a restaurant choice for young kids when you are going to drop $50 per person on a good meal? I would have preferred a little less noise. But the service level, decor, and meal were great nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Overpriced FoodMatureDinerDined on 9/24/2014The food was very good but a bit overpriced. Although we had asked for a quiet table when making reservation through Open Table, we were given the nearest table to the open kitchen so of course it wasn't quiet. Also had a lot of server traffic collecting food, etc. In general, the place is noisy given that there is nothing to absorb noise that I could see. If you are looking for an overpriced good food meal, this is your place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Overall experience was good. The tables were too close making it difficult to get out if you had to leave the table for any reason. Service was very good, very attentive server without being too pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.