Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
8960 Wilcox Drive
Twinsburg, OH 44087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3304862583x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am – 2:00pm Tavern Hours: 1 hour before and after the dining hours. Outdoor Patio Closed but will reopen Wednesday 5/21 prior to Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brandt Evans/Dan Shelnutt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We prefer a 48-hour notice when placing your order to make sure that we can offer you the freshest ingredients and make substitutions if necessary.
To place your order, please call (330)486-2583.
To view a menu, visit www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com, or e-mail your catering request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
- Special Events: Looking for the perfect place to handle the details of your upcoming special event? Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern is the place! Our Private Dining staff tailors each event to your vision – every detail is meticulously handled to make sure your event is exactly what you imagined. Our staff executes the event with timeliness, attentive and Professional services.
Some examples of Private Dining events Blue Canyon has hosted:
•Bridal and Baby Showers
•Special Occasion Dinners
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers full-service, on-site, off-site catering and private dining, contemporary cuisine tailored to your event utilizing only the freshest seafood, meat, fruits and vegetables and service you've come to expect when you dine at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern.
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers a unique experience unlike any other. A majestic log cabin, reminiscent of those gracing the national parks out West, sits atop a sandstone buff in the most unlikely of places: Twinsburg, Ohio. Its presence welcomes wary guests to enjoy a retreat from everyday life, while enjoying the culinary creations of award-winning Executive Chef Brandt Evans. Guests are invited in to enjoy creative American cooking in one of six-nature inspired dining rooms each offering a unique dining destination, from the splendor of the Great Room to the intimacy of the Porch. During the summer from Memorial Day up to Labor Day guests who enjoy outdoor dining can mingling with friends & family on our Patio, complete with a water feature, fire pit, full bar & brick oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg - Best Restaurants in Twinsburg ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)scenic view (122)fit for foodies (84)romantic (84)good for groups (74)great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (42)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)late-night find (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Great dining experience. We celebrated our birthdays there. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food terrible sercvice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were seated by hostess rgen waited 5-7 min.before our waiter arrived. we ordered drinks and bread,we got rhe drinks but no bread,then waited 22 min.before my wife flagged down another server. it was like that the whole night. i wont be making another reservation.Special Features:
- CrazyTayX2Dined on 9/9/2014I had yo go here for a class project and I was to observe the fine dining technique and I wasn't impressed at all. My mother and I were over looked most of the time, because we weren't a party of 8. We felt ignored. The food was amazing. We tried to order dessert and she kept going to the big party and ignoring us. So we didn't order dessert and ask for the check but yet it took her awhile to get the check as well. I felt like as if I had got up and left she wouldn't even notice.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/5/2014Have often dined at Blue Canyon and find the food is consistent and there is always a game dish on the menu. Typically there is a crowd in both the restaurant and bar. This Friday might we had 7:45 reservations and found both bar and restaurant to have a very small crowd. The food was good particularly the blue fin special. Another real plus is the encouragement of bringing your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Day?SteakhouseManVIPDined on 9/5/2014We usually have a great time / meal at this blue canyon location, however it seems that this time around things were stagnant. The sides felt like they were prepped before and just scooped out of a warmer. The fish was so so, the boar special was great, and the steaks were over done. Service was solid as always.Special Features:
- favoritefavnumber1Dined on 9/4/2014It never fails that Blue Canyon is always my favoriteSpecial Features:
- My very favorite area restaurant!!ellenDined on 9/4/2014I am greeted as I walk through the door, seated immediately, my special requests are met and I'm in and out promptly. Given the high quality menu and the superb food and beverages, the knowledgeable and friendly staff (including the owner/manager), what more could I want?Special Features:
- Great Place!luvthecanyonDined on 9/4/2014We have visited the Blue Canyon numerous times and had our wedding reception there too! The atmosphere is great and I would highly recommend going here for dinner!Special Features:
- Good food.DeliciousDined on 8/30/2014Blue canyon is a beautiful restaurant with fresh, unique and delicious food. The service is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014There are quite a few gluten free options with their menu. The server was very informed regarding this diet restriction and was able to answer our questions. We would recommend this restaurant for anyone that has a gluten free diet. Awesome wild game selection as well. We both had the elk and it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our server, Michelle was excellent! Will definitely ask for her next time! Lobster tail was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try The Trout!RandBDined on 8/26/2014I absolutely do not order any seafood with skin however I listened to our waiter and ordered the signature pretzel crusted trout. Three words: TO DIE FOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLeoDDined on 8/24/2014Decor very rustic and comfortable. Food assortment varied and all delicious. A delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBertDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance, the waitress and the food was all outstanding! We had dinner guests from Canada and they loved the place. The waitress was very helpful and very friendly.Special Features:
- Not good this time...Momof2Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to blue canyon several times. Not sure that we will be back. Waitress forgot our chips. Our table was so rocky and loose it was hard to eat. Had to ask for steak knives. No drink refills, despite asking. Husband dinner was yucky...Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencePattiLouWhoDined on 8/21/2014Our dinner club meets monthly at different venues around the Akron and Cleveland area. Because we try not to repeat any of the restaurants, we have had a number of dining experiences. During our evening at Blue Canyon, everyone in our group of eight loved his/her meal. The atmosphere was very pleasant, and the service was outstanding. The server was attentive without being intrusive. This is one of the few restaurants that we will be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- Great Food ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food was excellent ,the service was great event the bread was an experience. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and elegant.AnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/19/2014We throughly enjoyed our evening. We ordered 2 BC signature dishes - mushroom and asparagas flatbread appetizer and the prestzle crusted trout. The half size order of the trout was a generous portion. The mini s'more dessertis a perfect size. The food from appetizer to dessert was delicious - high quality, well- seasoned and attractively presented. The view through the catherdral windows is beautiful. The atmoshphere iat BC is a comfortable blend of friendly, busy and gracious dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topcat47Dined on 8/18/2014Greatly enjoyed our experience celebrating our sons"anniversary. Our waitress, Tamara , was what you hoped for when you got a waitress. She made the occasion thoroughly exciting. Highly recommend this place for anything special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service, we've returned several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!PaulaDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal and the relaxing atmosphere that can't be found otherwise in this area of NE Ohio. Can't wait to go back! Staff was attentive and not pushy. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Canyon ExcellentSROBBDined on 8/16/2014Great dinner with friends. The food and atmosphere were great. Will go back again. Glad it is close to home.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasion dining. Staff is friendly and the food is high quality. I'll come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a good visitsnipsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Although we enjoyed our meals of the Lobster Linguine and Bacon Crusted Pork Chop, the hostess, sides, and salads were not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMMMMMMmmmmmmDined on 8/15/2014Great flavors, cooked well. The shrimp-bacon-garlic flatbread was excellent. Had a rib eye steak cooked perfectly, and the salmon special that was excellent. The computer system was not complete, and we were led to a table with people already there, and we had to walk back to the entrance. Facing the windows, I was unable to see anything because of the brightness. If I had been at an angle to the windows there would have been little problem. The Wait staff had too many tables to take care of and were hurried. Did not want to hear any excuses. The table had not been set completely, and had to wait for an appetizer plate, and for the table to be cleared. For this class of restaurant, these little things should be attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as alwayspartyof4VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was tasty, we were seated within ten minutes of our arrival. Our server was very accommodating.
- Amazing MealJimmyVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always our meal was perfect! One of the top restaurants in the area. We actually live an hour away and it is always worth the trip. Mary was our server and she was rude. We waited 25 minutes for our check after our meal and had to send someone to get Mary to bring it to us. Once she took our order we never saw her again until we asked for our check. Our drinks were never refilled. This is the second time we got Mary as a server and did not like her rudness either time. It will be a long time before we come back and we will ask for a different server.Special Features:
- DisappointedLiveToEatDined on 8/15/2014We visit this area once a year. Last year when we ate at the BC everything was great. This year was quite the opposite. If the waitress had ever come back to ask how our meals were, I would have told her that my lobster linguine was terrible. The lobster was bland and tough and the linguine were clumped together. Other meals in our party were OK, but nothing to get excited about. Combining that with the poor service made for an overall disappointing experience. Not surprisingly, they also failed to credit us our points for this OpenTable reservation.
- not as good as I hopedcgrgDined on 8/15/2014Have been looking forward to going to Blue Canyon. It is a beautiful venue, we had a seat near a window. Our server was very nice, attentive. Other than that, the food was just average, actually not as good as other restaurants costing less money. That is the overall sense that I got, that we just paid a huge amount for barely average food. I would not recommend. Don't know about the bar and patio.Special Features:
- Pricy but goodBankerBarbDined on 8/14/2014We went to the Blue Canyon in a group of 8 before a concert at the Rockcino. Service was good. He was a little frustrated by the fact that we moved around in the group a bit, but handled it very well. The bills were all right in the end. 2 of our 8 arrived 20 minutes later than the rest. He took their orders and managed to bring their food right behind the rest of us. None of the notes about the scenic view applied to our group. We sat in a dining room that was nothing special. Next time we will request the Great Room, which had several locations for a party our size. The Kitchen is also nice, and the patio outside looked beautiful.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMelsdinerDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We enjoyed the food immensely. Well prepared and presented. Both of our dishes tasted divine. And with most restaurants of this caliber, our special requests were handled with grace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue CanyonUnknownDined on 8/11/2014A great place to dine! Fantastic food and an awesome view.Special Features:
- Anniversary Night OutTheBlockDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary with my daughter and boyfriend. We asked ahead of time for a window seat with a view, which we were sat at when we arrived. The waitress was very nice and helpful. Everything was superb including the meal, wine, and the service. We will come back againSpecial Features:
- ParkingLeisureaterDined on 8/9/2014Unless you use valet parking can be a problem since most of the spaces were reserved for valet, it was quite a walk to find parking.Special Features:
- Great settingThumbsupDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful setting outdoor on the patio. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The service was spot on and friendly. We will be returning.Special Features:
- MapobxDined on 8/8/2014Very enjoyable. Really liked that small plates were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLHMedinaDined on 8/8/2014There were ten in our party for a birthday celebration. Our server was wonderful and the ambiance in the restaurant is good. The food was good; however, those who ordered steaks were a little disappointed because they were all over done. They were tasty - but not as ordered.Special Features:
- Nothing left to sayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014I have been coming here for 5 plus years and have never been disapointed. Everything is always fresh and wonderful and the staff is always pleasant.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRobbVIPDined on 8/1/2014My meal tonight was outstanding from taste to service, except for a major mistake in etiquette by an assistant to our server. It showed poor or no training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukeDined on 8/1/20141. I was placed at a table that faced the window at 6pm. No shades on the window, couldnt see my wife's face during dinner. 2. We were served drinks, my manhattan was all bourbon, undrinkable. wine was good. 3. We ordered pork chop and red snapper. Food was not exciting, rather bland.