Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
8960 Wilcox Drive
Twinsburg, OH 44087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (330) 486-2583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am – 2:00pm Tavern Hours: 1 hour before and after the dining hours. Outdoor Patio Closed but will reopen Wednesday 5/21 prior to Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brandt Evans/Dan Shelnutt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We prefer a 48-hour notice when placing your order to make sure that we can offer you the freshest ingredients and make substitutions if necessary.
To place your order, please call (330)486-2583.
To view a menu, visit www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com, or e-mail your catering request to email@example.com.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
- Special Events: Looking for the perfect place to handle the details of your upcoming special event? Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern is the place! Our Private Dining staff tailors each event to your vision – every detail is meticulously handled to make sure your event is exactly what you imagined. Our staff executes the event with timeliness, attentive and Professional services.
Some examples of Private Dining events Blue Canyon has hosted:
•Bridal and Baby Showers
•Special Occasion Dinners
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers full-service, on-site, off-site catering and private dining, contemporary cuisine tailored to your event utilizing only the freshest seafood, meat, fruits and vegetables and service you've come to expect when you dine at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern.
- Cross Street: SR 82 & I-480
- Public Transit: We apologize we do not have any Public Transit Stops which guests use near Blue Canyon knowing we are in the Northeast suburbs of Cleveland. There is public transportation available for those who work in the area and cannot drive to work.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet parking available on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern offers a unique experience unlike any other. A majestic log cabin, reminiscent of those gracing the national parks out West, sits atop a sandstone buff in the most unlikely of places: Twinsburg, Ohio. Its presence welcomes wary guests to enjoy a retreat from everyday life, while enjoying the culinary creations of award-winning Executive Chef Brandt Evans. Guests are invited in to enjoy creative American cooking in one of six-nature inspired dining rooms each offering a unique dining destination, from the splendor of the Great Room to the intimacy of the Porch. During the summer from Memorial Day up to Labor Day guests who enjoy outdoor dining can mingling with friends & family on our Patio, complete with a water feature, fire pit, full bar & brick oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg - Best Restaurants in Twinsburg ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Twinsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)scenic view (114)fit for foodies (108)good for groups (107)romantic (86)neighborhood gem (68)great for outdoor dining (58)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)great for lunch (16)late-night find (10)Show More
- Ample and VariedPitt90Dined on 11/23/2014The brunch was buffet style, and had ample and varied selections. Some of the food was on the cool side, having been out for awhile, but everything was tasty and nicely presented. The wait staff was very kind. I have only ever been to Blue Canyon for supper before, but would certainly consider going back for brunch in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningHappyAgainDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The table seemed crowded as we had a table on either side of us. But the food was good and the service was also good. I thought the restaurant was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FROM UNIQUE to COMFORT!ZiggyDined on 11/19/2014A choice for all from wild prepared in a unique way to fabulous comfort prepare sizziling in a cast iron casserole, you won't be disappointed. All ages from 20's to 90's will enjoy. Don't miss the flatbread appetizers. The best I've had and I have literally travelled six continents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Root Beer GlazeShamRockVIPDined on 11/18/2014Enjoyed a Root Beer glazed Salmon that was perfectly prepared and presented. Our server, Michael Thomas was excellent. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoynightoutVIPDined on 11/18/2014Food was good, service was awful. We were close to the main door (cold) and close to the (bar) very noisy.Special Features:
- Retirement celebrationretirementDined on 11/15/2014Took my boyfriend here to celebrate his retirement. Had a great dinner. The Blue Canyon label wine was excellent. They also had a lady that took our picture and then sent it to us via e-mail the same night of our special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!HenryDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I had dinner here for our anniversary and we were very pleased with the overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, rather loud atmospheremje5Dined on 11/15/2014Food at Blue Canyon is always very good. Wine list is extensive and they make a great martini. Service is just OK - not what you would expect from a "fancy restaurant." The only truly negative comment I have for the evening I was there is that there was a table of about 15 near our table for two that had 4-5 kids who were 3 or younger who were very loud during our entire meal, screaming and carrying on the whole time. Not really a fault of the restaurant itself, but it did impact our dining experience so I thought I would write about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorado in TwinsburgTimn8rDined on 11/14/2014Love being inside this restaurant. It's like driving to Colorado in 20 minutesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Warm Stop on a Cold NightClayBuckVIPDined on 11/14/2014We stopped in early on our way to a high school football playoff game in Twinsburg. It was a cold, snowy night and we needed to warm up before a cold night in the bleachers. We started with cocktails and the "two-for dinner" special. The salad and trout entree were outstanding and we even took time to enjoy desert before venturing out into the cold. Service was outstanding and the "north-woods lodge atmosphere really complemented the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining eleganceFranDined on 11/12/2014Blue Canyon is elegant dining with an unpretentious feel. Every dish is prepared with attention to visual detail and levels of flavor. The lobster bisque was delicious and satisfying. The crusted trout was delicious and the spinach was slightly wilted without being soggy. The portions were generous which is frequently rare is great food. I felt that I had a healthy, balanced meal. My creme brûlée was silky and delicious though I was envious of my friends chocolate bomb! I love the atmosphere of Blue Canyon. There was a full restaurant but I never noticed the noise level. And thank you for not having blaring music. It would only cause patrons to talk over the music. I drove 39 minutes to get to BC and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JB0421Dined on 11/9/2014My husband ordered the trout & absolutely loved it. I ordered the steak & was not so lucky. I asked for it medium and it arrived very well done. I should have sent it back and asked for a new entree, but didn't want my husband's dinner to get cold while we waited for my replacement. I expected a dining establishment of this caliber to be able to cook a steak as ordered, but was disappointed with the results. The atmosphere is truly exceptional though, you really feel like you're in a Montanta lodge instead of a restaurant in a suburb between Cleveland & Akron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the BCK!WillDined on 11/8/2014This is of our favorite restaurants in NE Ohio! We always look forward to what the "game" feature is on the menu, we've tried several - namely duck, wild boar and elk. All have been excellent. Their cast iron skillet chicken is great. Their seafood gas Ben very good as well. Great ambiance and treat service, too!Special Features:
- Felt like Great Wolf LodgeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The food and service were very good, but we felt as if we were eating in a totally fake and cheesy Great Wolf Lodge water park. There was nothing authentically western about the decor, nor did it feel as if we were in a national park lodge. When you go to Great Wolf Lodge you know to appreciate the fakeness and there is a certain level of irony. All of that irony was gone here and the restaurant took itself seriously as if we were really supposed to buy into the idea we were out west. We won't be returning.
- The ChiefdragonDined on 11/8/2014Friends told us about Blue Canyon 4 years ago. We love the whole experience @ Blue Canyon and celebrated our 40 anniversary last weekend. Keep what your doing it's an awesome place.Special Features:
- cocoDined on 11/8/2014Seated in the "greenhouse", which was cold. Ordered an appetizer and never received it, our salads where brought out so I didn't need the appetizer anymore. My husband ask to switch the greenbeans for asparagus and he received the root veggies instead. The food runner went back immediately and brought him the asparagus. I requested the root veggies in place of the greenbeans , but the only thing I could chew were the carrots and brussel sprouts, the rest were tough to eat. When the server checked back, he offered to get me something else, but I was halfway done with my salmon.Special Features:
- AmazingAholmie22Dined on 11/7/2014Went for restaurant week and the menu options were great!Special Features:
- First TimeFrostwarningDined on 11/7/2014Traveled an hour to try Blue Canyon. Was not disappointed. The atmosphere was rustic yet elegant. There were four of us at dinner and 3 of us would order the same entree again, that is the reason for the four star rating instead of five. Looking forward to visiting Blue Canyon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedluv2tryDined on 11/6/2014Blue Canyon has always been a very special destination for us. This evening disappointed. Service was enthusiastic, but often very slow. Soup was unseasoned, drinks were poorly made and while my husband's potatoes were cold, mine were too hot to enjoy. Little things, but they add up especially when you expect four star dining. .
- A Touch SaltyDinner42Dined on 11/1/2014The menu selection has good variety though the preparation is much too salty. Service staff was very friendly though not as sharp as you would expect given the overall price point. Blue Canyon evening clientele varies considerably as does the dress code - which there apparently is none. We enjoyed the restaurant but for the upscale price (~$100/person with entrees and wine) we suggest trying other NE Ohio restaurants for a touch more class and bit less salt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I think the menu could be expanded a little. I love the short ribs but I don't want to eat that every time. That is what I tell everyone to get.Special Features:
- can not go wrongMichaelBDined on 11/1/2014I have dined at this establishment several times and have always had a superior meal and a memorable expieriance.Special Features:
- awesome!busterDined on 11/1/2014the entire experience was perfect! went to celebrate 2 birthdays in a central location for the group. food selection was interesting and wide-ranges. quality of food was quite excellent. service was spot-on! last time I visited was close to opening time 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure that I will not be waiting 10 years before visiting again!Special Features:
- DisappointingSallyDined on 10/30/2014Food here is very good. Service this time was disappointing. Soup and bread never came. Server was not attentive. It was a busy night but we have been here other times also very busy and had good service. I don't think we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Never DisappointingellenDined on 10/30/2014Blue Canyon is definitely our favorite restaurant from their not-so-lowly hamburger to their scrumptious tenderloin and their featured boar dishes.Special Features:
- Dinner w/FriendsCatTDined on 10/27/2014We tried BC for our once a month get-together with friends. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant. Staff was great. Very nice selection on the menu. Liked it so much we are going back next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchfrcfDined on 10/26/2014Took wife and kids there for our anniversary brunch, really happy we went. The combination of a brunch buffet and being able to order from the kitchen was just right, the spread including salmon, shrimp, and prime rib were excellent. Wish they had the oysters but perhaps another time. Would absolutely recommend this place for special events and fine dining.Special Features:
- Too Loud2cj2cjDined on 10/25/2014I usually give this place 5 stars, but on Saturday there was a wedding going on and it was very loud. I also sat on the Porch for the first time and the table next to us was a very large, loud group. I would request the main room next time I go back. Food and service were both excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 6dennisthemenaceDined on 10/25/2014The pretzel trout has always my favorite and still is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good. The waitress was very pleasant and knew the menu well. I made a reservation in advance, there was only a few couples in the restaurant to be seated and the hostess sat us right by the kitchen and waitress station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014liked atmosphere.wide menue selections and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!TashaDined on 10/24/2014We made reservations last minute and were able to get a table for two on a Friday night. The restaurant was beautiful, it reminded us of an upscale lodge. All of the staff was very friendly and professional. Our server Mike was very knowledgeable and helpful. The menu had a lot of great options and I ordered butternut squash ravioli with a pumpkin sauce and my boyfriend ordered lobster linguine. We thought the food was excellent. We also ordered a dessert to-go which was very good. I would recommend Blue Canyon. We plan on eating there agin soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAmyj1872Dined on 10/24/2014We went to Blue Canyon for my parents anniversary and our anniversary. We got there and were seated right away per our reservation. That is where the service went south. It took the waitress about 10 minutes to come to our table for drink orders. When she finally came, it was another 15 minutes before the drinks arrived. The service was poor to say the least. Our entrees came and our salad plates and soup bowls were still on our table. We had to pick the. Up and hand to the servers before they could put our entrees down. It seems she had too many tables to service in a timely fashion.
- Destination...Dinner!foodieatheartDined on 10/24/2014This place is worth the drive just for the atmosphere and the view. It makes you forget you are right off of the highways of northeast Ohio. The food and drinks are delicious! Small plates are just that, small. Be aware. Also, when ordering any special, be sure to know the portion size of the meat. Some of the wild game may be a smaller cut than you may be used to. If you prefer your meat on the well done side, they will do it, but ONLY if you are specific. There are plenty of vegetarian options and gluten free choices also. This is one of my favorite places to have a couples night out or to meet with a group of friends, but when I brought my children, they enjoyed it too. Try it...you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewsMikeshyDined on 10/19/2014Our evening did not start out very well when our reservation for 8 people including two young children at 6:00 PM turned into a 45 minute wait. The hostesses never did seem to have a good handle on when they would get us a table. Our server did a nice job of taking over and all in all, once seated and attended to, out food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceecewDined on 10/19/2014Service was not good. Several servers delivered our clambake pot to the table; not one noticed we had no plates. Could not get anyone's attention & had to cross the room to the serving area to get anyone's attention. Still had to wait; no sign of our waitress. Did not get melted butter with our bakes. When our waitress finally returned and we mentioned no plates & no butter, she became very defensive and said "we got slammed (busy) today" and offered a weak apology; tone was "it's not my fault". Also, potatoes were served with a teaspoon; coffee was served with an ice tea spoon. In fairness, she did not charge us for our coffee. First time in a long time we debated not leaving a tip; she did get less than we would normally give.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnergreat2eatDined on 10/18/2014everything was great from the steak to the mixed drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was very pleased with the service, the ambiance, and the overall experience. Our apitizer was great, My Fiance's food was great, I have celiacs, the Gluten free menu was adequate, but I elected to have the "Steak of the Day" it was a Ribeye, and I was not very satisfied with it, I thought it was over priced for the cut of meat, and overall not very good. Overall I was very pleased with this establishment, and will give it a second chance, I just won't be ordering a Ribeye again. The lobster Mashed Potatoes where amazing though, and this is the first place I have been to that offered them Gluten free.
- Great experience!totalfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014Excellent restaurant, looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, tiny portionsmorefoodpleaseDined on 10/18/2014We had been wanting to try out Blue Canyon for awhile now, and for the price was expecting to be impressed however that was not the case. The service was fine and the food just mediocre. What was most disappionting was the serving size....tiny! For thd price I would expect a bit more especially since it doesnt even come with bread or salad as most comparable places do. I order butternut squash raviolo and only got 5 pieces of pasta! Come on this is pasta not meat I expected a little more! I never finish a meal at most resturants because the serving size is more than enough however I left Blue Canyon still starving!