Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula
3720 North Reserve Street
Missoula, MT 59808Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonmissoula.com/
- Phone: 4065412583x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tavern: Open daily at 4 PM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Wes Coffel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available for on-site and off-site via Blue Canyon by contacting Brittany Williams via email email@example.com or call 406-532-5315. Have your next private Breakfast & Lunch in the Blue Canyon. Space available for Private Dining Events. On Holidays, join us for our talk of the town Holiday Brunch Buffet. Please call the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available by contacting Brittany. We also offer offsite catering.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Williams 406-532-5315x
- Entertainment: Live Poker available every day in the Silver Creek Casino. Restaurant is connected to the Silver Creek Casino which is open 7 days a week from
8am - 2 am. 406-532-5318
- Special Events: Hilton Honors Promotion. You don't have to stay at our hotel to collect your Hilton Honors points! Just come on in to Blue Canyon. Spend $25 and receive 500 points or spend $50 and receive 1000 points.
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern invites you to come away with us to a new destination in dining; where the bold majesty of America's grand lodges meets a fresh, exciting collection of foods and flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula - Best Restaurants in Missoula ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Service was excellent, food was okay but the noise level was too high.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2014Our server was excellent!! He was helpful, appreciative and knowledgable. I will certainly come back the next time I am in Missoula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Dined here the other night (June 10) and were most impressed. Slick service from a very knowledgeable waiter and great food too. My wife is still raving about the Bison Pot Pie, and my Rib Eye was cooked to perfection. With a pretty comprehensive wine list on offer we'll be back here again the next time we are in Missoula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Missoula reviews archive.
- A BC regularBK19Dined on 2/21/2014We've been happy to visit the Blue Canyon for special occasions. We've had great brunches, a first-class Christmas meal, etc. It's just a first-rate place to go in MissoulaSpecial Features:
- Tantalized my taste budsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was by far the best I have been to in a very long time me and my boyfriend went for Valentine's Day and although it was really busy The hostess was well mannered and even though we didn't get seated right away they took us to the bar and we ordered drinks the meal was amazing and it wasn't that badly priced either I would recommend this place as a special occasion dinner for a brunch get together you'll enjoy the energetic atmosphere and you can actually watch them cook your food right there and it's very high-quality food. I will definitely be going back thereSpecial Features:
- Always a good choiceartgirlDined on 2/14/2014We dine here regularly and have never been disappointed. The trout is one of my favorites and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceHappyCoupleDined on 2/14/2014We were seated at 7:50 for our 7:30 reservation. We were seated at the bar for 10 minutes before we were asked for our drink order. Every step of the way we had to wait an excessive amount of time. We had to share a butter knife between us. I had a steak. Our water glasses were empty for extended periods of time. We even asked for water and the waiter returned with the bill and no water. Terrible service this time, but great service in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lodge for TwoNewguyDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was a nice place for me and my wife to enjoy our evening. The large fireplace set a nice relaxing mood in a large lodge-type restaurant. The bread was outstanding. I had a tasty Bison Pot Pie which was served in a cast-iron pan. My wife loved the bacon wrapped tri-tip which was served on a bed of mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. Service began slow but was perfectly fine after we received our drinks. We will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in MissoulartponVIPDined on 1/6/2014Very nice atmosphere with very nice menu selection. Service was very good and server very personablee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality did not reflect prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2013Heavy butter. You can tell everything comes off the Sysco truck. Not a lot of flavor difference between the three meals we ordered. Salty and rich are how I would have described the taste of everything. Missoula boasts some really quality restaurants. I did not find what i was looking for here.Special Features:
- Fabouls food with young wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013Great food , however, our waiter was very young. It took three other wait staff to get our food and drinks to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a restaurant for localsKimOVIPDined on 8/9/2013What a disappointment! This place is right off the highway, attached to a casino and on the grounds of a Hilton(?). We should have known as soon as we drove up that it wasn't anything more than a decent place for people traveling through. Should we return to Missoula, we'll stir clear of this place.
- Very "Montana"AnonDined on 7/29/2013The food here is great. I love the fact that they serve Montana specific dishes and the decor definitely lended to that. The service was a little off kilter. Our server was very nice but almost seemed a little spacey. She brought me the wrong soup and I sat without water for about 20 minutes after I asked for a refill. Maybe she was just having an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerBirthdaygirl719Dined on 7/19/2013Awesome restaurant!! Adam was our server and he was amazing! The food was outstanding! Definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We were very pleased with everything about the Blue Canyon. The service from the entire staff was probably even better than the food, which is one heck of a compliment, seeing as how the food was superb!Special Features:
- Food, was great, our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Food, was great, our server was awesome, atmosphere was very authentic and romantic. I was surprissed at the final bill, a lot less than I had anticipated, considering the quality and ambiance.Special Features:
- I had made the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I had made the reservation at 10:30 for 2 people and they put us at a very small table sandwiched between 2 large tables. There were several tables empty that were larger and I felt the need to ask for a different table, which they gladly did accomodate. I am sure it helped in making it a nice experience. I believe the tiny 2 person tables work nicely for cocktails only, not for a meal. Too little space for plates, drinks, etc.
- Tasha was a wonderful serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Tasha was a wonderful server and we were honored by the visit from Chef Ben.Special Features:
- It would be nice if they servedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/27/2011It would be nice if they served Lunch. My wife and I used to go in a couple times a week for lunch.Special Features:
- The free scallop appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2011The free scallop appetizer was luke warm when we got it at the table, otherwise oustanding food.
- Decent food, nice place, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2011Decent food, nice place, good service, but way overpriced. $14.00 for an ordinary Burger and fries and $25.00 for a 8oz cheap cut of steak is ridiculous.
- Was more than impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Was more than impressed with the quality of food and the way it was cooked and the service we received. The best we've had, probably ever.Special Features:
- The first time around theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2011The first time around the elk medallions were over cooked and tough, after sending them back they came out swimming in oil and tough. The rest of my party said that their meals were very good. I have had good meals here in the past, I chalk it up to a bad night in the kitchen. They tried to make it up by comping some of the drinks.
- For the price of the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011For the price of the food it was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Our server was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2011Our server was very nice and tried hard, but in my opinion, the restaurant business is not for him. Had heard great things about Blue Canyon, not sure why. The menu was far from interesting or impressive and once we actually found something to eat, the burger and chicken were bland, the potatoes were comparible to a salt lick, and crab-cheese cake cooled to shoe leather by the time it reached our table.
- VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2011VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE. WE HAVE BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND THIS WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE!
- I usually really enjoy BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2011I usually really enjoy Blue Canyon however the last time I was there the food was not prepared very well. I had to remove the skin from the fish I ordered and the asparagus was over cooked as well as the steak that my wife ordered.
- Blue Canyon is a great additionBK19Dined on 2/14/2011Blue Canyon is a great addition to Missoula's restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Dinner was awesome! ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Dinner was awesome! Thanks for doing the tasting for the holidaysSpecial Features:
- We had Xmas dinner here &OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010We had Xmas dinner here & were hoping for something special. My date noted that of all the restaurants we'd eaten at while he was in town, this was the most expensive & second to last in quality. We had an 8:00 pm reservation; by 8:35 we were only eating bread and water. My date ordered beef tenderloin medallions w/Yukon gold potatoes instead of the lobster spinach potatoes which the waitress told us we could substitute. The dish arrived w/the lobster spinach mashed potatoes which were terrible. We ended up splitting my potatoes as the waitress came back to ask how things were when our mouths full and promptly disappeared. My food was okay, but way overpriced. Could have had the same quality from Macaroni Grill for about half the price.
- NIce place, most dishes areOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2010NIce place, most dishes are excellent, great service, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- We chose your restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2010We chose your restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. the ambiance was nice and the service was great. I particularily loved the professional service our waiter had been taught. Special in Missoula! But the food???????????? I chose the special prime ribb. the meat was old and dry and chewy. the poataoes were instant (I would gauantee) and the green beans were unetible. Please have your chiefs TASTE the food before it is served. My husband had the tenderloin and enjoyed it but his green beans had the same offensive flavor as mine. We did enjoy the dessert of pumpkin and chocolate. I am aware the Missoula is far away from big cities and FOODIES but it should be easy to serve prime rib, (if a good cut is purchased).
- the staff was knowledgeable,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2010the staff was knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, and professional, the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- My prime rib was half fatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010My prime rib was half fat so a 16 oz piece costing $29 was not much more than a lunch serving size
- Excellent. We recently movedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2010Excellent. We recently moved to Missoula from Michigan. This was our first time dining at this restaurant. We had a great meal, good service and a very nice time.Special Features:
- One of the best meals I everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2010One of the best meals I ever had! Excellent service!Special Features:
- Room was nice. Menu selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2010Room was nice. Menu selection was limited and nothing was a wow. Do not plan on going back.Special Features:
- I was visiting Montana, stayingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2010I was visiting Montana, staying with friends and I wanted to take them out to dinner to show my appreciation for their hospitality. Using "Open Table" I could make the reservations and in doing so found a great restaurant which is exactly what I wanted. Great service,from the young woman who greated and seated us, attentive service, marvelous food, great selection, fabulous presentation. The food was prepared exactly as we had ordered, and served timel A very memorable evening, Thank you and Thank Adam our waiter that night. Now, if the service/experience was just ordinary, I wouldn't have remembered the waitor's name) Coming from West Hollywood, I am very acquainted with the dining experience. Blue Canyon was just great. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The food is superb and bountiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2010The food is superb and bountiful. Met many locals who said it was the best place in town along with Giorgio's.Special Features:
- Overpriced horrible food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010Overpriced horrible food. Underpatronized with good reason. Lovely waiter could not make up for hollow experience.