Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell
1840 Highway 93 South
Kalispell, MT 59901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluecanyonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (406) 758-2583
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Lunch available for Private Parties Only Monday - Sunday; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Silver Canyon Casino located adjacent to Blue Canyon and open Monday through Sunday 8am to 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Hugh Yates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an event that requires great expertise? Let Blue Canyon do the work for you. Please contact Paula or Hugh at the restaurant. For Off Site events, catered events to your home, etc Please contact Todd Liphardt or Hugh Yates. 406-756-2583
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for BC in the Alpine up to 30 people or for larger events the Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell can provide up to 550. Please Call Karena Bemis at 406-756-4500
- Private Party Contact: Paula Aegerter and Hugh Yates 4067562583
- Entertainment: Firday Night Live on Friday's starting at 8PM to 11PM in our Tavern
A word from Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern invites you to come away with them to a new destination in dining; where the bold majesty of America's grand lodges meets a fresh, exciting collection of foods and flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell - Best Restaurants in Kalispell ›
Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great ambience...mtnfoodieDined on 10/3/2014It's beautiful in there, and the servers were wonderful - great people! But it did took a very long time for part of our dinner to arrive. We ordered our main meal plus a side, and it took the entire meal for the side to arrive at the table. By the time it came, we were ready to leave. Tastewise? Not bad, but not as stunning as the ambience.
- Kalispelldiner717Dined on 9/26/2014Food was great, ambiance was great, service was great too. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Delicious meal, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2014We really enjoyed our meal. I had the almond crusted walleye and it was fabulous. Even took some home and it was great the next day reheated. My husband enjoyed his bacon wrapped scallops and elk which was the featured dish for the day. Service was excellent Glad we found this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in KalispellBruceTexasVIPDined on 8/16/2014We found the food unique and well prepared. The Elk, Carbonara, Trout and Prime Rib were all good. The kids enjoyed the Chocolate Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My mom, sister and I have a planned shopping trip each year in August. We live in Calgary Canada. We stay at the Hilton and plan to have a dinner at least one night at the Blue Canyon. Tues was the night we were there. My sis and I had the 2.00 taco special and a jug of margaritas. The tacos were the best we have ever had!! My mom had the steak with portobello mushrooms. She has terminal lung cancer and struggles to eat larger meals due to appetite. Welllll... She had no problem eating the entire meal including the awesome warm buns!! Our server (cannot remember her name) was great! Attentive, friendly and had suggested the tacos and margaritas which were a hit!! We will be back next year!! Thank you!! :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Bison.DeltoroVIPDined on 8/6/2014Bison Rib eye was too greasy and taste bad as in the recipe is wrong. You pay too much for what you get.
- Very good dinnerDapperDined on 8/6/2014Good selection of salads which were very fresh. Meatloaf entre was good. Nice dining area. Good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern - Kalispell reviews archive.
- Rocky Mtn gemJax5Dined on 7/29/2014Assertive chef working with fresh natural ingredients in a pristine setting. New facility in a new hotel/Conf. Center surprises with its takes on the expected Montana staples: bison, elk, salmon, etc. and creative use of vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food.captvickeyDined on 5/10/2014Very good food. One of the better places I have found in Kalispell and convenient to Hilton Gardens hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great as we dinekalicriticDined on 2/15/2014The food was great as we dine there often. It seems the wait staff is usually different each time we go there though. The lights went out while we there. But hey it happens not a big deal. The staff tried hard to get lights out the larger parties first and then down to the tables after. We ate our dinner in the dark with a couple tea lights. In all actuality it was kind of fun. The night went downhill though when the power resumed. Credit cards were not able to be processed and we kept getting told it would be just a few minutes for the tills to be up and running again. Our waitress did not attempt to try anything or provide any solutions. After my asking another waitress and her being rude as well. I had to find ATM, pay and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceitwasokDined on 2/14/2014We went to the blue canyon for valentines day both last year and this year. Last year was great! Great food amazing waitress. This year we went back and had poor service right from the start. Seated way to clots to two other couples. ( almost bumping elbows as we ate. We were given menus from the hostess then didn't see our waitress for about fifteen minutes. When she came we just asked for water. About twenty minutes later we got to order our food. We ordered an appetizer and she said she would go grab us some roll. Didnt see her for half an hour. Finally got our shrimp and once we had finished those we were finally brought the rolls. Now we sat here for about 45 minutes till we got our food ( which was Luke warm )1hr later we got the billSpecial Features:
- Warm and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was warm and cozy. It was really prett quiet. Our table was next to the kitchen but did not have that feeling of chaos at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Prepared MealMTRAHDined on 8/12/2013Really enjoyed the bison short ribs. The ribs were flavorful and the vegetable dish that came on the plate--a melange of potatoes, corn, tomatoes and some unidentified other vegetables was excellent. A better than expected dining experience.Special Features:
- Food excellent as always.VisitorcdnDined on 8/5/2013Menu has some refreshing choices compared to a typical menu. Batting 1000 as enjoyed another great meal. Thinking of taking our company function here when we have our retreat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Blue CanyonBoniDined on 7/19/2013Very nice dinner and the selection of well prepared food was great. Nice atmosphere for a quiet evening meal. Loved the Montana Huckleberey salad and enjoyed the huckleberry Creme Brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisedakotaDined on 7/5/2013We're in our 50's & 60's and love prime rib. This was the BEST anybody at our table had ever had. I love trout and usually order it if on the menu. This was absolutely the best I had ever tasted. Large portion with an incredible sauce. Glad to see Dr. L on the wine list. Outstanding food considering it is part of a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NW MontanaClassyVIPDined on 7/2/2013Weren"t sure what to expect when we decided to eat at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel and what a pleasant surprise. The food was excellent in everyway, the presentation, arrangement and the taste. When you visit Kalispel stop and avail yourself to one of the best dinners you will find in Northwest Montana.Special Features:
- Blue Canyon Kitchen & TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013We thought the food was just okay for what we paid. Also, my Salmon was just lukewarm. But, the service was great.
- Could have been better...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2013Very fatty almost inedible flat iron steak. Food very slow from kitchen. Dinner took two and a half hours.
- Although there have been frequentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Although there have been frequent changes to the menu, certain mainstay's keep me coming back including the Crab Cheese Bake.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Blue Canyon. We were looking for a place with good food that was close by since we wanted to be home in time to watch the baseball playoff game. The food was fabulous and service could not have been better. We often forget about it even though it's very close. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Their rolls were seasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Their rolls were seasoned with rye, fennel, and rosemary. A little seasoning is good, but they put way to much herb which left a bad taste in my mouth. There was no soft music, just an erie silence which made conversation awkward because others dining around you heard your conversation. Their drinks were good. Their portions are small. Their chocolate mountain dessert was gross. The server was really great. We spent $95 and I walked away hungry. We won't be returning, unless for drinks. My dining partner said his bison flank steak was good, but the mashed potatoes needed flavor or gravy.
- BEST EVER HOTEL RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012This was the very best restaurant I've ever eaten at on vacation. Also, I've never eaten at a restaurant attached to a hotel that was this good. My husband and I ate here all 3 nights we stayed at the hotel! Jodie waited on us Saturday and Sunday nights. She is a gem! On Saturday night Jodie arranged for the chef to come to our table after we raved about our meals. I told him that I am a chef also and I was blown away by the food. Also, the prices were very reasonable and the portions were perfect!Special Features:
- Waitress was less than attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2012Waitress was less than attentive. Woman at the next table never stopped talking (loudly) the whole time we were there. Wine prices are ridiculous - $9.50 for a glass of "house wine". Food was okay. Restaurant itself was nice.
- Everyone in our party of eightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2012Everyone in our party of eight enjoyed their meal and experience.Special Features:
- Very rustic setting and nicelyLizbDined on 7/28/2012Very rustic setting and nicely set up with lots of space between tables so you had some privacy. The food was excellent and so was the service. We both had the Trout! Our waitress was very attentive and they had a nice wine list. Coconut Cream pie was scrumptious! Good place and the prices were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend.
- Good dining experience. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Good dining experience. Very nice people. Waiter was great!Special Features:
- i cant remember our waitressesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012i cant remember our waitresses name, but she was simply outstanding. we did fill out a diners card, so maybe you could find out who she was. she was funny, good, and so friendly! if you do something extra for your servers...she deserves it!Special Features:
- Blue Canyon simply cannotEnjoysGoodFoodVIPDined on 3/10/2012Blue Canyon simply cannot handle more than a few tables; they are understaffed and the staff they have is slow, not attentive, and just plain dumb. When they are busy (which is more than a handful of tables), the food comes out very slow, portions (veggies) are cold, and other portions look like they've been sitting. On the other hand, when we returned on a Sunday night, and there were only three/four tables occupied, the hostess asked us to wait "five or ten minutes" before being seated - what a joke.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was good but not excellent, found the almond wallaye and polenta cake to be under seasoned while the polenta cake was cold. Stomachs felt a little queasy after our meal. Our service was slow while the service around us was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was great. Lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2012The food was great. Lots of different takes on the usual fare. The bison steak was unbelievably tender,along with a great starter salad that didn't have too much dressing. Waitress was quick and very helpful even if she hadn't tried everything on the menu. Creme brule was almost perfect, not too runny not too burnt. Wife also enjoyed the mashed potatoes and veggie hash. The only thing that dimmed the experience were the noisy almost snooty guests next to us who overtook our own table with their conversation. Great find in a small town.Special Features:
- Open concept, rustic, warmKeAdVIPDined on 12/2/2011Open concept, rustic, warm dining room. From where we sat, we could see other diners having a good time at the chef's table. We will try that too if we return to Kalispel. Appreciated that smaller portion entrees were available.Special Features:
- I think the food is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011I think the food is pretty good. I always get the prime rib and sometimes it is better than others. I do like the Margarita's and the cheese bake. Great coconut cream pie too.
- Very nice western decor withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Very nice western decor with beautiful stone fireplace and attractive kitchen open to dining area. Superior service. Chef treated us to a complimentary appetizer of perfect tenderloin with a spicy sauce. Staff very knowledgeable about food and wine, and all are friendly. Wait staff Paula outstanding. Steaks cooked just right, and scallops very fresh. Veggies crisp. Casual dress ok, atmosphere relaxed. We are locals and choose this often. Excellent catering also for business or special events.Special Features:
- The restaurant was beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2011The restaurant was beautiful and our waitress was very attentive. The food was somewhat of a disappointment though. Both of our entrees were very greasy and the seafood was over cooked. The shrimp was so tough e could barely cut through it with a knife. Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- A comfortable and welcomingDavidVIPDined on 9/9/2011A comfortable and welcoming country wood decor in both the bar and dining room provide a warm welcoming ambiance to this modern restaurant attached to the Hilton Garden Inn in Kalispell. Excellent local draft beer selection and acceptable wine list. Food exeeded our expectations. Elk medallions were tender and full of flavor. Halibut was cooked just right and very tasty. 2nd best restaruant in town after Capers.Special Features:
- The restaurant was able toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2011The restaurant was able to adjust quickly to a change from 2 to 6 people in our party, a major plus. Food was tasty and there was a good selection. Several people in our group particularly enjoyed the half portions offered for several items.Special Features:
- We had an amazing anniversaryTetonRoseVIPDined on 7/7/2011We had an amazing anniversary dinner at the Blue Canyon Kitchen! We were staying at the Hilton for a wedding, and ended up at Blue Canyon Kitchen for OUR special night! We loved everything about it! Great wine! Great food.... so many choices! It was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great view. Good food.BlondieVIPDined on 6/29/2011We opted for lite fare, salads and pizza. Salad was exquisite. Pizza very good. Can't beat the view.Special Features:
- Everything was awesome forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2011Everything was awesome for my wife's and I anniversary dinner together. We ordered two appetizers and two desserts just so we could taste what sounded most appealing on the menu. Our main courses however, were lacking a little bit. My elk was overly peppered, you could hardly taste the flavor of the meat, and the portion of my wife's Lobster linguine was rather small for the price. Other than that, we had a wonderful time and will come back.Special Features: