Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
3820 Southside Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32216Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluebamboojacksonville.com/
- Phone: 9046461478
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Available for private bookings on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Dennis Chan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Blue Bamboo is the perfect venue for your important event. Audio-visual equipment is available. Our amenities will accommodate any need, For life's most cherished moments, to professional meetings requiring high-impact presentations. We are available for a seated dinner of 10 to a cocktail party of 50.
A word from Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
Jacksonville's one and only Blue Bamboo serves the best Hip Asian Comfort Food. Centrally located, our bistro-inspired menu features grilled and wok-tossed specialties including chops, pastas, steaks and seafood, complemented by professional and friendly service. Blue Bamboo offers an extensive wine list, and a wide variety of custom crafted cocktails and specialty martinis are available from our full bar. The main dining room is highlighted by translucent views of the kitchen. A cozy wine lounge awaits you for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail or after-movie dessert. Outside, enjoy our tasty offerings with the backdrop of bamboo rustling in the breeze. Let our creativity impress you and our flavors delight you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (30)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a Good MealBigdaddyinjaxDined on 8/30/2014Service was great. Food even better. My wife had the Filet which she said was cooked the way she asked and was very flavorful. I had the Ahi Tuna which was the best i've had. It was cooked perfect and came with rice and stir fried vegetables. My plate was clean. Had coffee and desert. The coffe was very good. We saw Dennis in the dining room a few times talking to people. It was a grest experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence You Can CountJazzJoyceJaxVIPDined on 8/30/2014Blue Bamboo continues to be one of my top three restaurants in Jacksonville. Chef Dennis Chan maintains the highest standards for food quality and presentation. His personal charm is just a bonus as he greets guests with gusto!Special Features:
- Food Truck Reigns OnHodgesVIPDined on 8/22/2014As long as the food truck specials go on, so will we. Each week we can't wait to find out what they are serving up. This week it was the Peking Pork Chops which were to die for. However, we realized we'd never tried the beef filet and that turned out to be an excellent choice as well. Trying to limit beef in general but this was so good I'd order it again for my "beef allowance"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remains one of the best of JaxCharlieFVIPDined on 8/22/2014Blue Bamboo is consistently excellent food. They are able to prepare their excellent food with any particular needs in mind. For example, we asked Chef Dennis about making a dish with my lactose intolerant daughters needs in mind. He offered multiple variations of the dish to eliminate the milk. The meals are not reheated pre-made meals like so many other restaurants. We always here, "we're sorry but the sauce is made once a day" or "the chef can't substitute ingredients" That's why having a real chef like Dennis who cares about his customers and oversees even the smallest details matters so much. Even the special water filtration system he put in to remove the Jax aftertaste show his attention to detail and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Truck RulesHodgesVIPDined on 8/15/2014We're back for another round of food truck specials and they did not disappoint! The tandoori chicken wings were great and jumbo size but the cauliflower poppers were over the top! Absolute best cauliflower ANYTHING I've ever had. As usual we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine (and having fun working our way through the varied selections!) and got to relax and really enjoy our meal. A great way to start our weekend! You simply cannot beat the food truck specials and quality/service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful owner/chef who cares a great deal about his customers. Have been there numerous times for dinner and have always had the pleasure of the chef personally coming to the table to chat and check on satisfaction. He is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience at Blue Bamboo and can't wait to return. The restaurant itself is so warm and inviting and yhe food was fantastic!! We had ceviche and dragon whiskers for appetizers and a filet and salmon for dinner. The service was great and our waiter made excellent drink recommendations and seemed very knowledgable. We didn't have room for dessert so we took a piece of the orange cake home and we are so glad we did- it was the best cake I have had anywhere in town!! Thanks blue bamboo for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 8/8/2014We had another wonderful meal at Blue Bamboo. The food and the service are perfect every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.fitfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Ambiance is great, very clean and friendly staff. However, after being seated quickly and receiving menus, the wait staff did not seem to know we were there (even though 4 of them walked past our table multiple times). Finally, a waiter showed up and seemed rather flustered and nervous. Further, he did not seem very informed about the menu (ditto for another associate I asked). The appetizer "sampler" had a couple of items that were cold in the middle; a little greasy, too. The entree (Kung Pao Tofu) was quite good and the portion was plentiful. My friend's Red Curry Chicken was also very good a was a huge portion! We both took home leftovers. Drink menu was quite interesting and we intend to go back for a Happy Hour very soon.
- Do not miss this great restaurant!bbbJaxDined on 7/31/2014I love their changing menu and their food is always delicious........it is a small place, but intimate. There is a small bar in the back if you need to wait for a table, but I have always done a reservation on Open Table beforehand. There is a big selection of items and their appetizers are wonderful!!Special Features:
- Good but not GreatstptDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I found this restaurant on urban spoon and the reviews were very good so we gave it a try, We went for an early evening mid week dinner and the place was not crowded at all. We were quickly seated and promptly served by an attentive waiter. Everything we ordered was very well prepared and tasty but something was lacking the entire evening. The wait staff tend to bunch up behind the central bar area and chat, this was distracting and unprofessional. In synopsis, food good, service ok, probably will not repeat.
- Food Truck TreatsHodgesVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went back to see what food truck treats they were offering this week and were not disappointed! The mac & cheese spring rolls are like the best of everything all rolled into one! The chicken banh mi was fantastic as well. We had a sushi roll (Fridays only) as well and were well satisfied! We love that we don't always have to have a full meal to feel satiated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014The ambience was great, the service was exceptional, and the food was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014I'm never disappointed when I eat at Blue Bamboo, Chef Dennis cooks with love and passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations dashedeagleVIPDined on 7/19/2014"A top rated opentable restaurant"The server matt was excellant.The food was so bland that it had no taste,the spare ribs were underdone,so tough you couldn't chew or cut it,the asian slaw had no seasoning,warm,just chopped up cabbage,the frys were cold and no taste at all.people who previously rated this place must have no experience other tan MRE's
- OKrnswsizzorsDined on 7/19/2014I'll start by saying that the short rib tacos are absolutely to die for. It might be worth checking out this place just to try the tacos. Otherwise though I was pretty underwhelmed. We had the dragon whiskers and short rib tacos for starters. As I said, the short ribs were great. The dragon whiskers were decent. Nothing mind blowing but a nice alternative to french fries. For entree I got the soft shell crab with grit cakes in a cream sauce and my husband got the duck. While we were both really excited try these dishes, both were oily and bland. Maybe we picked wrong but of the 4 things we ordered 1 was outstanding, one was meh and 2 were edible but that's about it. We probably won't be going back but as I said...short rib tacos are awesome
- Blue Bamboo 9th Year AnniversaryMaryVIPDined on 7/11/2014We went for the Five Course Anniversary Dinner! It was scrumptious, delectable and superb! The staff is always welcoming and attentive.Congratulations Blue Bamboo for 9 amazing years! Thanks Chef Dennis for your creative mind! You have a loyal customer for life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night out!debsreviewsDined on 7/5/2014A group of friends decided to have dinner together before a night out dancing, and we picked Blue Bamboo! As always, the service was superb (the server was able to recommend wines as well as specific menu items), the wine list was extensive, and the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- If U Miss Dining Here u'll be sorryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Chef Dennis and his staff are outstanding hosts that go the extra mile to make your dining experience at Blue Bamboo Special and Memorable. A perfect spot for any sort of occasion, from a business luncheon or dinner, to a romantic anniversary or birthday celebration treat. The appetizer lunch and dinner options are all unique, created by Chef Dennis himself, a culinary artist of the highest degree ! You will be overjoyed at the attention to detail and service provided as your dining experience unfolds, but staff is also understanding by remaining unobtrusive if the occasion warrants. food is great; a friend on business in Jax from Detroit for a number of weeks announced that this was the best meal he has ever had hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itjackieDined on 6/20/2014food great, service great, really nice I would return and recommend. Very niceSpecial Features:
- I will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first time at Blue Bamboo and I can tell you that I thought the food was excellent. An interesting fusion of Asian and Italian as we shared the fried calamari and I had the General's Chili Chicken which was very interesting and, more importantly, so good! I am an Italian who grew up in NYC and while I am not a food snob I do know what I like -- and I can say honestly I liked what I had at Blue Bamboo and I will be back! I can hardly wait to try one of the other creations on the menu. A perfect place for a business lunch or a fun night out for dinner. I have not found many places that I can say this about since moving to Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Food Truck Stars!HodgesVIPDined on 6/13/2014We went back to sample this week's food truck inspired dishes and were not disappointed. The Korean beef/short rib quesadilla was fantastic and the P & J in the P&J fries were delectable --spicy berry and smooth & sweet peanut. It was so good it's all I needed/ordered. It is so fun to go in each time and sample a new (surprising) dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Truck Surprises!HodgesVIPDined on 6/7/2014We returned after a short hiatus to find something exciting and new on the menu--2 "food truck" dishes featured weekly. We tried both-the ramen noodle crusted chicken tenders (awesome) and red bean and cinnamon donuts with dipping sauce (sweet ending) and both were FANTASTIC. They also added one of my favorite featured specials to the menu which is super exciting as I can order it whenever I want now! This is what is great about Blue Bamboo--you can always count on great surprises!Special Features:
- The SceneMaryVIPDined on 6/6/2014Blue Bamboo's Chef Dennis is so creative!!!They are doing Food Truck Eats for the summer. Each week there are two new items. Last week, we had the Crunchy Ramen Chicken Tenders that was delicious and Korean Red Bean and Cinnamon Donuts that just melt in your mouth! Cannot wait to go this week! The regular food is always amazing and the service is impeccable! Don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Needs better managementskydivertracyDined on 5/31/2014The food is EXCELLENT. However, this restaurant could really benefit from better front of house management. The service is lacking. For example, our appetizer plates stayed at our table well after we'd finished and right before the main entrée was served. The busboy had so much to carry that he spilled my husband's full glass of red wine all over and splashed on his NEW shirt I got him (grrrrr). The mgt did offer dry cleaning and a free desert but ironically we had to ask that the wine be replaced since it was spilled. Also, we pushed back the table cloth to avoid the red wine but feel like a restaurant where you are paying $125 for 2 people to eat should have cleared out the table for us and replaced the table cloth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New local spotGreatDined on 5/23/2014Recently relocated from NJ and finding this spot was another plus on why we moved here. Only 5 mins from were we live, food was great service was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, A+lunchlady40Dined on 5/23/2014I've never been disappointed in a visit to Blue Bamboo. I try to order something new to me each time. The menu and preparation are full of variety and open to dietary "tweaks." The food is beautifully plated, spiced and delicious, fun to eat! and the service is tops. It's a happy dining adventure that makes you want to return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The Blue Bamboo has wonderful owner/chef, Dennis who has put together and interesting menu and wine list and he has great staff employees. Happy I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014The food is excellent. The service is impeccable. Chef Dennis goes out of his way to make sure that every meal is a dining experience. I love the edamame spread and homemade flaxseed crackers served before your meal. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!4beachbumsDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time and was a great place for a quiet dinner before the symphony!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Jacksonville 's finestCharlieFVIPDined on 5/16/2014Just a great place tonight expertly prepared unique dishes. Chef Dennis is one of Jacksonville's treasures. I could eat here everyday and never get bored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialHungry4moreDined on 5/11/2014I took a party of 6 for a Mother's Day meal and was pleasantly surprised at the little touches the Blue Bamboo added to our dining experience. I had the duck and it was perfect as was the rosemary pork. One of our party was allergic to chocolate and they replaced her cheese cake with out a word of complaint. The mandarin orange cake was a perfect finish to my meal. My glass was never empty. The staff was attentive and friendly. They even made fresh squeezed lemonade for our son. Chef Dennis asked us how our meal was and each mother at the table was given a box of freshly baked white chocolate macadamia cookies. I highly and happily recommend the Blue Bamboo to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- AIfoodieDined on 5/5/2014Menu provides dishes with an eclectic, exciting fusion of Southern and Asian flavor: superb service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Back Again :)MaryVIPDined on 4/26/2014Lets just say i like to go and eat Asian Fusion food quite alot and this is my Number 1 restaurant. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is excellent. The staff is always warm and friendly. This place is highly recommended :))Special Features:
- Home Sweet HomeHodgesVIPDined on 4/25/2014Yes, we dine here frequently. We had been out of town and wanted to get back to our Friday night reward after a long week. Once again, we tried a unique and delicious wine (Dennis is always diversifying the list) and had a stupendous surprise dessert--it truly was a fitting reward after a long work week! Food is always reliably excellent and staff is actually glad to see you and have you there (quite different from some our recent Chicago experiences)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True GemMaryVIPDined on 4/24/2014This restaurant is a true gem. It is modern and has a very comfortable feel to it. The staff is excellent, very efficient and friendly. The menu offers a good variety of dishes.Their passion and dedication is remarkable and this is shown in their commitment to serving mouthwatering dishes that will satisfy your palate and leave you with a smile of satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back on TrackHodgesVIPDined on 4/11/2014We had been away for a bit and pleasant surprises awaited us on our return. We tried a new wine which was quote good and each of us enjoyed a fish entree prepared expertly along with a stand out dessert. It was back to our winning Friday night formula--Blue Bamboo for dinner!Special Features:
- Kicking Back on FridayHodgesVIPDined on 3/28/2014We were delighted to arrive and find they had a wonderful special that night so the hubs tried it. Striped bass--prepared perfectly with equally sublime bok choy and rice and a nice bottle of wine (the selection is always great). Also tried a fabulous new cocktail with honey vodka and basil. The whole night was a total yum!Special Features:
- Addicted!!MaryVIPDined on 3/24/2014Can't get enough of this place! We love the amazing food, tasty cocktails, excellent service and cool atmosphere at Blue Bamboo. I have to come once a week to get my fix with friends and family!! A must try!!!Special Features:
- Rough Week HighlightHodgesVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had been out if town. followed by a week of being under the weather and returning was just the antidote after a long, tough week! Always look forward to the beginning of the month to see what the featured dish will be.We had a very nice bottle of wine and enjoyed some sushi and shared the tuna entree. A perfect close to the work week!Special Features: