Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
3820 Southside Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32216Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluebamboojacksonville.com/
- Phone: (904) 646-1478
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Available for private bookings on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Dennis Chan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Blue Bamboo is the perfect venue for your important event. Audio-visual equipment is available. Our amenities will accommodate any need, For life's most cherished moments, to professional meetings requiring high-impact presentations. We are available for a seated dinner of 10 to a cocktail party of 50.
A word from Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar
Jacksonville's one and only Blue Bamboo serves the best Hip Asian Comfort Food. Centrally located, our bistro-inspired menu features grilled and wok-tossed specialties including chops, pastas, steaks and seafood, complemented by professional and friendly service. Blue Bamboo offers an extensive wine list, and a wide variety of custom crafted cocktails and specialty martinis are available from our full bar. The main dining room is highlighted by translucent views of the kitchen. A cozy wine lounge awaits you for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail or after-movie dessert. Outside, enjoy our tasty offerings with the backdrop of bamboo rustling in the breeze. Let our creativity impress you and our flavors delight you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (26)romantic (24)good for groups (21)notable wine list (19)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Hot SpotMaryVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is my number 1 Hot Spot to go to any day I feel like having great quality food! I had the Short Rib Tacos for appetizer...it was very tasty! For dinner I had the Shrimp Pan-Fried Noodle and garlic spinach.. it was so fresh and delicious!!!! Nice full bar! Service is always excellent!Special Features:
- Not up to its ambitions...oliverVIPDined on 11/14/2014Quite disappointing experience. The bar selection is okay, except they seem to miss the most obvious. For example, the featured O Chardonnay from CA was not available. The waiter suggested an Oyster BAy from New Zealand instead (which was a Sauvignon Blanc.) Nice appetizers, crispy crab Rangoon.. The main fares were just okay, the roasted duck was quite dry, vegetables bland. Grits were fine Desserts were really good (nice Thai creme brûlée in particular.) Insulting attitude from the Chef who stopped by at almost all tables, came back to the regulars but skipped ours. I really hate that. Not sure to understand the hype abou the place; in fact, it was almost deserted for a Friday night, which is very telling. I would avoid.
- Exquisitely delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014The food was exquisite and presented artfully on the plate exuding southern and Asian culinary mastery which tempted our taste buds to reserve another patronage very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local GemFoodieJCDined on 10/25/2014Our dining experience at Blue Bamboo was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was fantastic. The menu had a variety of dishes that made me want to order everything on it!!!!! I highly recommend Blue Bamboo and would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Divine!SatisfiedGalDined on 10/24/2014I really enjoyed this place and will definitely return. The service was phenomenal and the atmosphere was breathtaking. I think this is now one of my favorite spots!Special Features:
- Worst experience of my lifeJrabDined on 10/21/2014We have gone before, even for New Years and never had a bad experience like we did. The wait staff was confused and it took 45 minutes before we got our order. They also forgot drinks we ordered and we never received the typical crackers served in the beginning. Our food took forever, arriving in bits and pieces up until the moment we wanted to leave over 2 hours later. They ran out of food and offered to replace it with short rib quesadilla, which happened to be the worst dish of the night. It was a soggy mess and seems like something cooked up in a microwave. However the rest of dishes rocked! The service was never exceptional here but the food always kept us coming back, this experience makes me wonder if we should go back at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Truck NightMaryVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had a large group that went to Food Truck Night! The food was excellent! We ordered a variety of items to share at the table. Some of our favorites were Korean Fried Chicken Wings, Short Rib Quesadilla, Shrimp Tempura Sticks, Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls and Peanut Butter and Jelly Fries! Tim our server is always spot on with service. Thanks Chef Dennis for your creative mind and for another wonderful night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014In Jacksonville, FL, this place is a real FIND. The chef Dennis is a super guy!Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014I love this spot (tucked away on southside blvd)!! Everything from the food to the service was fantastic. I came in with two friends and we decided to just order a few things and share- we ended up ordering way too much, but we were so happy we got to try everything. The ceviche, tacos, kale salad, and fried cauliflower were especially good. I am not usually a dessert fan but the orange cake was sooo good!! The service was the best I have had in a while. He was very attentive, answered every question we had and just had a great personality. I can't wait to bring my family back here!Special Features:
- Good to Be Home!HodgesVIPDined on 10/17/2014During football season we travel alot so our visits to Blue Bamboo become fewer and farther between. After mortgage payment spending on meals in South Florida it was great to come back to great food, great service and reasonable menu options for a night out. The hubs had the kale salad with chicken and it was delicious (he literally scoured the plate) I was a little under the weather but found Vietnamese coffee was just the remedy! As always, well taken care of!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Bamboo has a new fanDinerDined on 10/17/2014We brought a friend that recently moved back to Jacksonville, and Blue Bamboo has a new fan. The appetizers were excellent, and the perfect chicken and waffles left all of us too full for dessert. As usual, the staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. This place consistently has the best food and service in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014I took my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary and we loved the experience we had here. We loved the atmosphere, all the special touches, our waiter, and especially the food! Great customer service!Special Features:
- Always amazingCharlieFVIPDined on 10/10/2014Blue Bamboo is a Jacksonville treasure. If you want a superb meal with quality you can't find almost anywhere else in Jacksonville you have to go to Blue Bamboo. Great food in a wonderful restaurant. Always makes me feel like I'm back in NYC.Special Features:
- Overpriced, service terribleJeffersDined on 10/4/2014Prices were well above on-line menu prices, e.g., Peppercorn Beef Fillet listed on line for $28.95, price in restaurant was $39.95. Food was so pricey we decided to eat light. My wife ordered a salad, I ordered soup and the WOK Tossed Noodles with Beef. The soup and salad came out in about fifteen minutes and it was tasty. Thirty minutes later, we finally flagged down our server and asked where the Beef dish was. He said they were working on it. Fifteen minutes later people that sat down well after us were served by our server. We called him over, cancelled the rest of the order, paid the check, tipped him 1 cent (only time I've done that in my life) and went to the Seven Bridges for sliders.
- Blue Bamboo-tifulKerryAnneDined on 9/29/2014I've been a fan of Blue Bamboo and Chef Dennis Chan for years. The thought of the dragon whiskers and chicken pot pie is enough to make me drool. This particular time I came into the restaurant I was (still am) on a nutrition plan. I asked Dennis what he would recommend, and he made me a special stir fry dish for me. It was SO delicious I can't wait to go back and get my own very special off-the-menu item. In addition to being one of the best chefs in the city, he's one of the kindest too. He always stop by every table to say hello to each guest. Top-notch service.Special Features:
- Best Asian in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014I just moved here from South Florida and decided to try this place based on the reviews. My friend and I shared the cauliflower, ceviche, tacos, and curry lamb. Everything was delicious!! The service was great as well. I also tried the drink special that they were having that evening, which was wonderful. Cant wait to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLizfryeDined on 9/27/2014I was concerned after reading some of the former reviews that this place would not be good, but some friends told me how much they enjoyed it, and that they eat there often, so my husband and I tried it tonight. Glad we did. Our waiter made us some delicious cocktails, and recommended some flavorful, well-prepared appetizers and entrees. My husband said the duck confit he had was perfect. Their portions here are big, but I was happy to take the leftovers home, and eat them at work on Monday. For dessert, they show you pictures on a cool little screen. I ordered a special they had called liquid cheesecake. I am now a real fan of this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/25/2014Just had an excellent dinner at Blue Bamboo. I came in undecided on what I was in the mood for. The server and owner made a few recommendations .. even came up with a combination not listed on the menu. It was great! Not something I would have thought of but it hit the spot. There was so much food I took half it home to reheat for lunch one day this week. The waiter was attentive without being overbearing. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We met an old friend for dinner. The service was good, but that was about it. The food was not too good. Would not go there again.
- Uninspired and confusingFoodshouldbeyummyDined on 9/19/2014We thought the food was supposed to be "hip Asian fusion," but were confused by the menu selection. Since when are chicken and waffles considered Asian fusion? While the dragon whiskers appetizer was serviceable, the entrees were overcooked, bland and disappointing - we won't return.
- #HiddenGemMaryVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food is always amazing! The service is always impeccable! The drinks are creative and a vast selection of wines! My favs are Fried Calamari and the Food Truck Short Ribs Taco appetizers, I love the Red Curry Tofu and Green Curry Shrimp and Salmon for dinner. Delectable Mandarin Orange Cake for dessert. #HotSpot #LoveChefDennisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flexibility off the menuKamillDined on 9/17/2014We love the personal attention and the custom order capability. I have at times ordered special European dishes that were made to perfection. We will be back to enjoy Chef Dennis' cooking and the fine service.Special Features:
- Average mealSpikeDined on 9/16/2014Blue Bamboo is no longer the cutting edge fresh fusion restaurant of its past. We used to go regularly, but it fell off our list about 1 1/2 years ago for no particular reason. I made a reservation for 6pm on a weeknight. No one else was there. Eventually 3 other tables came in. I read reviews about the food which were not flattering, and assumed the reviewers didn't appreciate its quality. I was wrong. The food was average in flavor and quality. Portions are large, but this does not make up for the bland flavors.
- Excellent DiningDine4AHobbyDined on 9/13/2014Dennis Chan is a great chef and has a great team of chefs, and wait staff! This is another hidden "gem" of a restaurant in Jacksonville. You won't be disappointed. My family and I have eaten there many times and it is always first class. Plus, the menu changes every month. It is always a pleasant dining adventure! Thank you Dennis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealTheDudeDined on 9/13/2014Great meal here and this year Dennis is doing a change up of the menu more frequently adding great new finds that he brings to your palate. Wonderful food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!kebwVIPDined on 9/12/2014As always, the food, service, and friendly atmosphere are the reason we keep going back. Dennis and his staff are amazing. I haven't had a dish I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good MealBigdaddyinjaxDined on 8/30/2014Service was great. Food even better. My wife had the Filet which she said was cooked the way she asked and was very flavorful. I had the Ahi Tuna which was the best i've had. It was cooked perfect and came with rice and stir fried vegetables. My plate was clean. Had coffee and desert. The coffe was very good. We saw Dennis in the dining room a few times talking to people. It was a grest experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence You Can CountJazzJoyceJaxVIPDined on 8/30/2014Blue Bamboo continues to be one of my top three restaurants in Jacksonville. Chef Dennis Chan maintains the highest standards for food quality and presentation. His personal charm is just a bonus as he greets guests with gusto!Special Features:
- Food Truck Reigns OnHodgesVIPDined on 8/22/2014As long as the food truck specials go on, so will we. Each week we can't wait to find out what they are serving up. This week it was the Peking Pork Chops which were to die for. However, we realized we'd never tried the beef filet and that turned out to be an excellent choice as well. Trying to limit beef in general but this was so good I'd order it again for my "beef allowance"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remains one of the best of JaxCharlieFVIPDined on 8/22/2014Blue Bamboo is consistently excellent food. They are able to prepare their excellent food with any particular needs in mind. For example, we asked Chef Dennis about making a dish with my lactose intolerant daughters needs in mind. He offered multiple variations of the dish to eliminate the milk. The meals are not reheated pre-made meals like so many other restaurants. We always here, "we're sorry but the sauce is made once a day" or "the chef can't substitute ingredients" That's why having a real chef like Dennis who cares about his customers and oversees even the smallest details matters so much. Even the special water filtration system he put in to remove the Jax aftertaste show his attention to detail and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Truck RulesHodgesVIPDined on 8/15/2014We're back for another round of food truck specials and they did not disappoint! The tandoori chicken wings were great and jumbo size but the cauliflower poppers were over the top! Absolute best cauliflower ANYTHING I've ever had. As usual we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine (and having fun working our way through the varied selections!) and got to relax and really enjoy our meal. A great way to start our weekend! You simply cannot beat the food truck specials and quality/service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful owner/chef who cares a great deal about his customers. Have been there numerous times for dinner and have always had the pleasure of the chef personally coming to the table to chat and check on satisfaction. He is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience at Blue Bamboo and can't wait to return. The restaurant itself is so warm and inviting and yhe food was fantastic!! We had ceviche and dragon whiskers for appetizers and a filet and salmon for dinner. The service was great and our waiter made excellent drink recommendations and seemed very knowledgable. We didn't have room for dessert so we took a piece of the orange cake home and we are so glad we did- it was the best cake I have had anywhere in town!! Thanks blue bamboo for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 8/8/2014We had another wonderful meal at Blue Bamboo. The food and the service are perfect every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.fitfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Ambiance is great, very clean and friendly staff. However, after being seated quickly and receiving menus, the wait staff did not seem to know we were there (even though 4 of them walked past our table multiple times). Finally, a waiter showed up and seemed rather flustered and nervous. Further, he did not seem very informed about the menu (ditto for another associate I asked). The appetizer "sampler" had a couple of items that were cold in the middle; a little greasy, too. The entree (Kung Pao Tofu) was quite good and the portion was plentiful. My friend's Red Curry Chicken was also very good a was a huge portion! We both took home leftovers. Drink menu was quite interesting and we intend to go back for a Happy Hour very soon.
- Do not miss this great restaurant!bbbJaxDined on 7/31/2014I love their changing menu and their food is always delicious........it is a small place, but intimate. There is a small bar in the back if you need to wait for a table, but I have always done a reservation on Open Table beforehand. There is a big selection of items and their appetizers are wonderful!!Special Features:
- The following 366 reviews are from the Blue Bamboo Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Good but not GreatstptDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I found this restaurant on urban spoon and the reviews were very good so we gave it a try, We went for an early evening mid week dinner and the place was not crowded at all. We were quickly seated and promptly served by an attentive waiter. Everything we ordered was very well prepared and tasty but something was lacking the entire evening. The wait staff tend to bunch up behind the central bar area and chat, this was distracting and unprofessional. In synopsis, food good, service ok, probably will not repeat.
- Food Truck TreatsHodgesVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went back to see what food truck treats they were offering this week and were not disappointed! The mac & cheese spring rolls are like the best of everything all rolled into one! The chicken banh mi was fantastic as well. We had a sushi roll (Fridays only) as well and were well satisfied! We love that we don't always have to have a full meal to feel satiated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014The ambience was great, the service was exceptional, and the food was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/21/2014I'm never disappointed when I eat at Blue Bamboo, Chef Dennis cooks with love and passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.