1701 Duncan Avenue
Allison Park, PA 15101Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluedining.com/
- Phone: (412) 369-9050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (bar until 2am), Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (bar until 2am), Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (bar until midnight);
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Eisenreich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small and large private parties, custom menus, available Sundays, Mondays, or any time with variable minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 4123699050
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Divas every Tuesday evening from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Divas include Etta Cox, Michelle Benson, Shari Richards, Kendra, Donna Bailey, Jessica Lee, Lisa Bleil, Sandy Staley, The Phoenix Jazz Projects, and others. Stop by for a musical treat or call to see when your favorite Diva is scheduled.
- Special Events: Several Private rooms available, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Blue
Blue is comfortably located close to home in the North Hills at Duncan Manor Plaza. Blue features fine dining cuisine in a unique upscale, relaxed atmosphere. Whether you choose the Chilean Sea Bass or the Filet Mignon, our menu is sure to please anyone's palette. Blue offers a full bar with over 40 vodkas to compliment an extensive martini list. The wine menu is comprised of special order wines to compliment your dining experience. We feature Pittsburgh's finest jazz Divas, including Etta Cox and Michelle Benson to name a few, live on Tuesday evenings starting at 8:00 p.m. Happy Hour is offered Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (14)romantic (10)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very good food, service mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Our server did not tell us that there was a special for the evening. We did overhear a server at a nearby table tell her customers about the special after we had already ordered. Service was slow which was a problem for us since we were going to a movie after dinner. They sat a family with very young, noisy children right next to us which was bothersome since we had left our 4 children with someone else for the evening to enjoy an adult Friday night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food friendly service.BebsDined on 11/15/2014I ordered the gorgonzola hummus on a whim. I love gorgonzola and normally hate hummus. It was delicious. The brussel sprout salad was average; but how much can you do with brussel sprouts? The duck breast was perfectly cooked; and in bitesize pieces which was convenient. The truffle mashed potatoes were amazing. I could eat a whole plate of them. The chocolate mousse cake was to DIE FOR! It was so fresh moist, rich and creamy. It took me three days to finally eat the whole thing. The service was great! She was helpful, friendly, quick and funny. The decor was gorgeous. The only thing I didn't like was that it felt like the tables were on top of each other. I could hear everything the couple next to me were talking about and the noise from the bar was a little overwhelming at times. A man at the fireplace was yelling and talking so loud we couldn't continue our conversation. We just sat and listened to him yell for the last 20 mins. Noise seems to carry in the building, some room separators of plants or something would help. Not suitable for a romantic dinner, more for after work drinks, wedding shower, birthday etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday eveningFoodFanaticDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful food, complex flavors, attentive professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling BlueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great food reasonable pricing for the quality of food, friendly staff. Only negative is it takes so long to get appitizers, then for ever till dinner came. Allow lots of time for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightjoet626Dined on 11/8/2014Overall very good. Food was good, service, while slow, was attentive. Took almost 5 minutes after we sat down to have someone come to the table (good thing we were not in a hurry). Shanna was a very good server. Her notes on menu items were very helpful. Water glasses refilled nicely. We brought our own wine and are glad we did as the wine list is not very extensive. We liked it and had a very nice dinner. The restaurant is very noisy.Special Features:
- Great First VisitJupiterDined on 11/7/2014Had a great first visit to Blue. Awesome martins, good food and charming atmosphere. Close to Pittsburgh. Appropriately priced, not pretentious. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noquestionsDined on 11/6/2014Definitely worth trying. Spicy calimari was delicious. Brie and strawberry salad was very good. Lobster rissotto was a little boring and bland. I had the porterhouse and my date had chicken. Both were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BLUE!!gotthebuesDined on 11/1/2014Love this place!! This place was a great local find!! Already have plans to go back!! I think this will be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Wonderful as AlwaysPicklesDined on 10/31/2014Service was top notch and intimate. Food was outstanding and well presented. Servers were dresses as cute cats for Halloween. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Meal!CellaDined on 10/25/2014Each of our meals were top notch. Our group enjoyed four different meals: the blackened salmon, the duck, the margherita flatbread pizza, and the chicken. We each thoroughly enjoyed our selected item. In fact, three of us skipped dessert and ordered a second flatbread pizza; it was just too good to pass up. This was our first trip here, and we will undoubtedly return. Great service, too.Special Features:
- A great findGr8tgmomDined on 10/25/2014We tried Blue on the advice of a friend, and were very pleasantly surprised. Our server, Alana, was amazing. I would go back just for her. The bar offers more martini's than I knew existed. The food was also delicious and served perfectly. We had the rack of lamb, and also the duck. This is a great neighborhood find. My only reservation was that I found it a tad expensive, although I typically don't mind paying more for good food. That being said, it is well worth trying. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Blue was fun!PhoenixNikkorDined on 10/24/2014My family and I decided to meet at Blue on a whim, after hearing great things, and what a surprise! A gem, hidden inside of an old strip mall in Allison Park. The service was excellent, our server was extremely attentive and had a great personality! She knew all about the menu items and was able to offer her recommendations, which were great! The drink selections are numerous and every drink we tried was inventive and delicious! Blue is an affordable night out for a date or a group get together, with a menu worthy of four to five stars. It has a connected fun looking bar that we did not get to try and will next time! Definitely recommend this to Pittsburgh diners, even if you have to make the drive, it wont disappoint!Special Features:
- A real hidden treasure.GSTDDined on 10/11/2014Excellent selection and service. The music and proximity to the sports bar offset the romantic atmosphere created by the lighting, the booths, the fireplace, and the menu.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014Blue is our go to spot. Food and drinks are always delicious and service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eveninghurleygirl75VIPDined on 9/25/2014I had been to Blue before and did not have a very good experience, but this time was different. the food was great, the service outstanding, and the martinis excellent. The Rack of Lamb I highly recommend.Special Features:
- noiselvtodinDined on 9/12/2014Not a placed to go if you want to eat and talk or spend a romantic evening. Menu is good but atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. Spoiled our anniversary and we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceredroseDined on 9/12/2014This was the first time we dined at Blue since they implemented their new Happy Hour. The noise was overbearing and we had to wait extremely long for our appetizer. Don't know if Blue is a good place to dine if you want to have an early meal during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- FantasticLovetoeatDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal at Blue. We went there because it had an open reservation and is near our home. We are so happy we found this gem! We had the spicy calamari and Mediterranean sampler for appetizers. The best calamari and hummus! I had the Brussel sprout salad, to die for! My husband had a mixed green salad and really enjoyed that. But the best part was the Chilean sea bass over risotto and black garlic. Omg it was a amazing. The prices were not bad either! We will definitely be back again! And will recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLallyDined on 8/22/2014Excellent Food and very enjoyable. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheresmillerDined on 8/9/2014We very much enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. We got there early on a Saturday and not a lot of people there yet. Our waitress was great. All the food was on time and delicious. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Cool place!NaurelRestaurantBuffVIPDined on 8/6/2014Bobby is the best bartender! Great drinks, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED LOVED LOVED BLUEgandtstoneweluvblueDined on 8/2/2014WE had our first dinner at Blue and cannot wait to go back. Crab cakes DELICIOUS! Drinks FABULOUS! Everything just perfect. Most of all Really friendly service at the Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 278 reviews are from the Blue reviews archive.
- Good food, artistic, and friendlyCarlDined on 7/28/2014I had the Hanger steak, and they substituted fingerling potato for the rice. I was quite pleased. The restaurant is well laid out, although there were a lot of people for a Monday evening, you could not tell that from the noise level. We loved the contemporary feel of the decor. Service was precise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Had bruschetta to start then sea bass with black garlic risotto! Everything was excellent, as always. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2dine2Dined on 7/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meals . I had mussels appetizer and rack of lamb. Probably the best I've had in years. My wife loved her filet mignon. We plan on coming back in the future for our special occasion dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluereginaVIPDined on 7/21/2014good food in a strip mall location, don't just drive bySpecial Features:
- A North Hills Pittsburgh Gem!MPNdinersVIPDined on 7/17/2014Hidden at the end of a run-down strip mall, Blue echoes the old adage, "Don't judge a book by its cover." As soon as you walk through the door, you are greeted by smiling faces and a vibrant atmosphere. The menu is varied enough to tempt all--indeed we ate here the very next night to try other items on the menu. Our Mediterannean tasting starter of hummus, warm/mildly spicy olives and tabbouleh was delicious. The PEI mussels in broth were plentiful and tasty. My blackened salmon was on the money--moist, tasty and served hot. My husband enjoyed the pasta with andouille sausage and chèvre cheese. And to top it off, the service was great and it's also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad servicembroDined on 7/11/2014The food was great. The service was slow, inattentive and just generally bad. We had to ask for everything twice, from bread, to refilling water to the check. Atmosphere was extremely loud at 7pm on a Friday night, making conversation at our table very difficult.
- Classy neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Great classy neighborhood gem that has great staff, great food, open on July 4th when few are, and best happy hour around.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FIVE STARSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Great Martinis, Fantasic Food and excellent Service. Pricey but you pay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and in a strip mallhappyeatingoutDined on 6/21/2014Since I picked Blue, I was a little nervous as we walked in. They had 4 tables outside looking over the parking lot for outdoor dining. We quickly opted for inside dining. Then when we got in and saw only three other tables were occupied, I really was concerned. What a waste of emotion. From the appetizer, fried calamari to the desert, a sampling of gelatos there was not a single bad bite. There were three of us and all of us were thrilled. I love duck, and theirs was one of the best I have had. My husband loved his lobster pasta enough that he plate was empty when they took it. Portion sizes were perfect. Will be back often. Oh, the martini selection was fun and tast.Special Features:
- Left feeling...BluetheonlyrealfoodieDined on 6/13/2014I consider myself a true foodie. Forget where this place is located, most of the best food I have ever eaten has come places in strip malls. The martini list is fun and they are flavorful. The calamari as slightly undercooked which is better than overcooked. The sauce that came on it was definitely purchased and not made from scratch. Too much on it, should have put it on the side and where was the lemon. Wine list was nice although per glass was about $1 too much. The jumbo lump crab cakes and very little jumbo in them, were rather bland and the sides did not fit the personality. The lobster pasta was all about claws. No nice sweet meaty pieces, instead it was all clawmeat. Fun to dip in drawn butter but not in a pasta dish.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had a discount coupon so we decided to try Blue. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and the service was on the mark. We plan on returning soon and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Fox Chapel visits Allison ParkSSAersVIPDined on 6/1/2014Heard about Blue from several friends. It was better than described. The food was delicious! Sorry to say the chef came out but did not greet patrons or we would have given him an ovation. He is a NYC style chef. Thank you!Special Features:
- Should go more oftenswampieDined on 5/22/2014We have been through many ups and downs of this restaurant since it opened. The last few times have shown it to be worthy of continued patronage. The food is very good and the wait staff very knowledgeable. With a $10 corkage fee, it should be on our "to go" list far more often than it has been.Special Features:
- JansueJansueDined on 5/17/2014Always have a good experience at Blue. Brought 2 friends with us who had never dined here before. They were totally impressed with the food, service, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Just passing throughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We are from ohio and were in this area for a funeral of a close friend of our family. We used open table to help us find a place for 4 ppl on a saturday nite. The menu was outstanding, a little bit of everything for everyone. Our server, alaina, added to the experience. She was knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive. What was a somber time turned into a memorable nite of great food, drinks and memories. This place is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvfinedinngDined on 5/9/2014We chose your restaurant from a packet we were given as we are planning our wedding. The food was delicious and we do enjoy trying different places and we are all about fine dining. The only thing we did not like was the noise level when sitting at a table so close to the bar. We do enjoy to have great conversation without having to yell. The staff was wonderful and moved us to the upper level where it was more tolerable. We did say to each other....:".count me in to come back to eat here again"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night FindDinrfor2Dined on 4/26/2014Service and food was excellent. We ordered the filet mignon and the seared sea scallops...both were done to perfection. We will definitely return for a date night out!Special Features:
- ServiceKc2166Dined on 4/26/2014Our server, Elena, was a gem. She was knowledgable in both the food and drink portions of the menu and was willing to offer suggestions based on that knowledge. Everything she recommended was spot on; her service would lead all in my party to go back to Blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.