1701 Duncan Avenue
Allison Park, PA 15101Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluedining.com/
- Phone: 4123699050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (bar until 2am), Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (bar until 2am), Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (bar until midnight);
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Eisenreich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small and large private parties, custom menus, available Sundays, Mondays, or any time with variable minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 4123699050
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Divas every Tuesday evening from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Divas include Etta Cox, Michelle Benson, Shari Richards, Kendra, Donna Bailey, Jessica Lee, Lisa Bleil, Sandy Staley, The Phoenix Jazz Projects, and others. Stop by for a musical treat or call to see when your favorite Diva is scheduled.
- Special Events: Several Private rooms available, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Blue
Blue is comfortably located close to home in the North Hills at Duncan Manor Plaza. Blue features fine dining cuisine in a unique upscale, relaxed atmosphere. Whether you choose the Chilean Sea Bass or the Filet Mignon, our menu is sure to please anyone's palette. Blue offers a full bar with over 40 vodkas to compliment an extensive martini list. The wine menu is comprised of special order wines to compliment your dining experience. We feature Pittsburgh's finest jazz Divas, including Etta Cox and Michelle Benson to name a few, live on Tuesday evenings starting at 8:00 p.m. Happy Hour is offered Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (18)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dining ExperienceredroseDined on 9/12/2014This was the first time we dined at Blue since they implemented their new Happy Hour. The noise was overbearing and we had to wait extremely long for our appetizer. Don't know if Blue is a good place to dine if you want to have an early meal during Happy Hour.Special Features:
- FantasticLovetoeatDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal at Blue. We went there because it had an open reservation and is near our home. We are so happy we found this gem! We had the spicy calamari and Mediterranean sampler for appetizers. The best calamari and hummus! I had the Brussel sprout salad, to die for! My husband had a mixed green salad and really enjoyed that. But the best part was the Chilean sea bass over risotto and black garlic. Omg it was a amazing. The prices were not bad either! We will definitely be back again! And will recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLallyDined on 8/22/2014Excellent Food and very enjoyable. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheresmillerDined on 8/9/2014We very much enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. We got there early on a Saturday and not a lot of people there yet. Our waitress was great. All the food was on time and delicious. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Cool place!NaurelRestaurantBuffVIPDined on 8/6/2014Bobby is the best bartender! Great drinks, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED LOVED LOVED BLUEgandtstoneweluvblueDined on 8/2/2014WE had our first dinner at Blue and cannot wait to go back. Crab cakes DELICIOUS! Drinks FABULOUS! Everything just perfect. Most of all Really friendly service at the Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, artistic, and friendlyCarlDined on 7/28/2014I had the Hanger steak, and they substituted fingerling potato for the rice. I was quite pleased. The restaurant is well laid out, although there were a lot of people for a Monday evening, you could not tell that from the noise level. We loved the contemporary feel of the decor. Service was precise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Had bruschetta to start then sea bass with black garlic risotto! Everything was excellent, as always. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2dine2Dined on 7/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meals . I had mussels appetizer and rack of lamb. Probably the best I've had in years. My wife loved her filet mignon. We plan on coming back in the future for our special occasion dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluereginaDined on 7/21/2014good food in a strip mall location, don't just drive bySpecial Features:
- A North Hills Pittsburgh Gem!MPNdinersVIPDined on 7/17/2014Hidden at the end of a run-down strip mall, Blue echoes the old adage, "Don't judge a book by its cover." As soon as you walk through the door, you are greeted by smiling faces and a vibrant atmosphere. The menu is varied enough to tempt all--indeed we ate here the very next night to try other items on the menu. Our Mediterannean tasting starter of hummus, warm/mildly spicy olives and tabbouleh was delicious. The PEI mussels in broth were plentiful and tasty. My blackened salmon was on the money--moist, tasty and served hot. My husband enjoyed the pasta with andouille sausage and chèvre cheese. And to top it off, the service was great and it's also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad servicembroDined on 7/11/2014The food was great. The service was slow, inattentive and just generally bad. We had to ask for everything twice, from bread, to refilling water to the check. Atmosphere was extremely loud at 7pm on a Friday night, making conversation at our table very difficult.
- Classy neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Great classy neighborhood gem that has great staff, great food, open on July 4th when few are, and best happy hour around.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FIVE STARSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Great Martinis, Fantasic Food and excellent Service. Pricey but you pay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and in a strip mallhappyeatingoutDined on 6/21/2014Since I picked Blue, I was a little nervous as we walked in. They had 4 tables outside looking over the parking lot for outdoor dining. We quickly opted for inside dining. Then when we got in and saw only three other tables were occupied, I really was concerned. What a waste of emotion. From the appetizer, fried calamari to the desert, a sampling of gelatos there was not a single bad bite. There were three of us and all of us were thrilled. I love duck, and theirs was one of the best I have had. My husband loved his lobster pasta enough that he plate was empty when they took it. Portion sizes were perfect. Will be back often. Oh, the martini selection was fun and tast.Special Features:
- Left feeling...BluetheonlyrealfoodieDined on 6/13/2014I consider myself a true foodie. Forget where this place is located, most of the best food I have ever eaten has come places in strip malls. The martini list is fun and they are flavorful. The calamari as slightly undercooked which is better than overcooked. The sauce that came on it was definitely purchased and not made from scratch. Too much on it, should have put it on the side and where was the lemon. Wine list was nice although per glass was about $1 too much. The jumbo lump crab cakes and very little jumbo in them, were rather bland and the sides did not fit the personality. The lobster pasta was all about claws. No nice sweet meaty pieces, instead it was all clawmeat. Fun to dip in drawn butter but not in a pasta dish.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had a discount coupon so we decided to try Blue. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and the service was on the mark. We plan on returning soon and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Fox Chapel visits Allison ParkSSAersVIPDined on 6/1/2014Heard about Blue from several friends. It was better than described. The food was delicious! Sorry to say the chef came out but did not greet patrons or we would have given him an ovation. He is a NYC style chef. Thank you!Special Features:
- Should go more oftenswampieDined on 5/22/2014We have been through many ups and downs of this restaurant since it opened. The last few times have shown it to be worthy of continued patronage. The food is very good and the wait staff very knowledgeable. With a $10 corkage fee, it should be on our "to go" list far more often than it has been.Special Features:
- The following 265 reviews are from the Blue reviews archive.
- JansueJansueDined on 5/17/2014Always have a good experience at Blue. Brought 2 friends with us who had never dined here before. They were totally impressed with the food, service, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Just passing throughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We are from ohio and were in this area for a funeral of a close friend of our family. We used open table to help us find a place for 4 ppl on a saturday nite. The menu was outstanding, a little bit of everything for everyone. Our server, alaina, added to the experience. She was knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive. What was a somber time turned into a memorable nite of great food, drinks and memories. This place is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvfinedinngDined on 5/9/2014We chose your restaurant from a packet we were given as we are planning our wedding. The food was delicious and we do enjoy trying different places and we are all about fine dining. The only thing we did not like was the noise level when sitting at a table so close to the bar. We do enjoy to have great conversation without having to yell. The staff was wonderful and moved us to the upper level where it was more tolerable. We did say to each other....:".count me in to come back to eat here again"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night FindDinrfor2Dined on 4/26/2014Service and food was excellent. We ordered the filet mignon and the seared sea scallops...both were done to perfection. We will definitely return for a date night out!Special Features:
- ServiceKc2166Dined on 4/26/2014Our server, Elena, was a gem. She was knowledgable in both the food and drink portions of the menu and was willing to offer suggestions based on that knowledge. Everything she recommended was spot on; her service would lead all in my party to go back to Blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks and serviceEatDrinkLoveDined on 4/26/2014We had a group of 7 ladies for a birthday and LNO. With reservations we received a private room, but still open to the restaurant. It was a perfect spot. We had only one server but she did a fantastic job. Food is a bit pricey, but everything tasted fresh and well prepared. Drinks were awesome. Would definitely return for a similar occasion.Special Features:
- nice "local"jfkpittVIPDined on 4/25/2014I live in the city. My brother lives in Wexford. I picked this since it is pretty central. The food is ok. It's very salty. Next time I would request attention to sodium addition by the chef. The service is fine. The drink pours are generous. The waittress, while young, was attentive and tried her best. In general, I am opposed to TVs at restaurants -- they make one focus out instead of on the dining party. The restaurant could consider jettisoning the TVs -- they are a stupid distraction. There were a ton of people at the bar having a fun rowdy time, and NOONE was watching the TV. If I lived closer to the restaurant, I might return.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The service was great and the food was amazing! My lobster linguine had big chunks of claw meat! They don't skimp!! I'll definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasureMomof4kidsDined on 4/16/2014Great date night place. Food was good. A little pricey but the scallops were wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingNew2BlueDined on 4/5/2014We had high expectations after viewing other web reviews. Our experience at Blue exceeded our expectations. From the moment we walked in, the service was exceptional, both at the bar and at our table. The wait staff was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding. We sampled a few of the appetizers. The crab cakes were awesome. My wife had the sea bass and I had the fillet, both were excellent. We can't believe we'd lived in the North Hills for so long and have not come across Blue before. It definitely is one of the best secrets in this part of the city. We'll certainly be returning and would recommend it highly for a special occasion or just a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and servicedelightfulVIPDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food, terrific service. Unperturbed by a late comer, and smilingly corrected a drink they was off.. Get the crab cake appetizer, or the lamb lollipops. The sea bass is divine, along with the rack of lamb, the ahi tuna and the lobster linguine. Caution...don't get the duck entree, and the crab cake appetizer is superior to the crab cakes in the entree...go figure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but loud bardorisDined on 4/4/2014The food and service here are great! Prices are reasonable too. Need some separation or walls between bar and dining room. Bar was exceptionally loud. Felt like the dining room was in the bar. I would definitely recommend for the high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue - surprise findSam1Dined on 4/1/2014Friends recommended Blue, and we decided to take a chance. Blue is in a strip-mall, and from the outside my expectations were low. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the martini menu. The gal that greeted us was friendly, but her outfit was super casual. Our server was attentive, although it took time for her to make her first appearance, even though the restaurant wasn't crowded on April 1. My Mojitotini was delicious, as well as our entrees - scallops and lobster linguine. We had made a reservation on-line and mentioned that it was a birthday dinner, thinking perhaps they'd surprise us with a birthday cupcake. I would recommend Blue - outdoor seating might be fun in the nice weather.Special Features:
- Blue is the best!DodgemanVIPDined on 3/14/2014Their menu is interesting and their food is excellent. Great wine list and large assortment of vodkas. Kim, one of the longtime bartenders, gives superb and knowledgeable service. We always have dinner at the bar. You can't miss with Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outthrowerboyDined on 3/12/2014Very nice without having to go to the city. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014I thought the food was just OK. The portions are small in comparison to the price you pay. The quality and taste of the food is average as well. I didn't feel like the 2 entrees that we got (the Sea Bass, and the Rack of Lamb) were worth the price, and that I could have made them at home. I eat out a lot at what is considered higher end restaurants in Pittsburgh, and just don't fee that Blue holds up to the others. Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad meal by any means, but just not worth the money. The servers were attentive enough and the atmosphere is very clean and modern.
- Suburban neighborhood gemBobbyDined on 3/7/2014We love going to Blue on a regular basis. This is downtown quality restaurant in a suburban strip mall. Appetizers are fabulous. Sometimes we get 2 of them for our dinner. We have never had a bad meal or a bad time. The bar is spectacular in appearance and in selection of martinis. Servers are pleasant and energetic. Booth seating adds romance to a vibrant place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedk9sruleDined on 3/7/2014I've never had a disappointing experience at Blue. It's the best option for fine dining in the North Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAdamDined on 2/22/2014Expensive but great food, service, and atmosphere. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue never disappointsEvanvDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant is such a find. It has truly become my favorite restaurant. Not only is the service great but the food is outstanding. The calamari is to die for. I recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great food, moderate dining areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was decent but some tables were a little crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.