Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria
1032 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blueagavebaltimore.com/
- Phone: (410) 576-3938
- Hours of Operation:
Open everyday from 11:00am - 2:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm, everyday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, everyday
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday and Sunday
Late Night Menu: 11:00pm - 1:00am, everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We do catering in house and delivery for any scale or occasion, completely customization to your event!
- Special Events: Monday: Kids eat free in the dining room (with purchase of an adult entree)!
Tuesday: $4 off of all burritos, $5 house and $5.50 spicy margaritas
Wednesday: 2 courses for $20 menu
Thursday: $4 off of all fajitas, 1/2 price wine bottles
Dinner specials every weekend, happy hour everyday from 3-7pm
- Cross Street: Cross Street and Light Street
- Public Transit: The FREE Charm City Circulator Purple Line runs from Penn Station to Federal Hill stop is directly in front of the restaurant!
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking along Light Street & Charles Street. Attendant manned West Street Parking Garage is 1.5 blocks south. The garage is accessible from Light or Charles Street.
A word from Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria
Located in Baltimore's historic Federal Hill, Blue Agave is a casual, festive venue featuring regional Mexican cuisine and over 135 tequilas of 100% agave. Menu items vary from traditional fare to contemporary regional dishes. All moles, sauces, and salsas are made in-house daily with fresh produce and imported chiles. Margaritas are made with fresh fruits and purees, & served up or on the rocks. Flights of tequila are offered in addition to interesting seasonal tequila infusions you will notice in tanks on the bar. Weekly and seasonal specials, and dining events are located on our website. Blue Agave is a Zagat rated establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (16)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great atmosphereKay28Dined on 11/2/2014Blue Agave has the perfect atmosphere. Amazing food and great service as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican in SoboFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great fajitas and taco selections. Best tequila bar in townSpecial Features:
- Best MargaritasFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter did an excellent job of putting together a great top shelf margarita. Food always goodSpecial Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Was hoping for a fantastic Mexican meal and left very disappointed. Queso appetizer was a huge lump of hard melted oily cheese...nearly impossible to eat civilly with our group of 4. Shrimp tacos were fairly good but the sides of rice and beans were beyond bland. All the while music ranging from the 60's to hits of today was playing...very odd in a Mexican restaurant. It was just a pretty unpleasant meal when we were expecting something fabulous.
- couldn't hear my own thoughts!frequentfoodie88Dined on 10/7/2014Really noisy! However the open windows and pouring rain made for a very beautiful view. The food was ok.Special Features:
- Great Service for a Group of FivejalvaniDined on 9/20/2014My group and I arrived early for our 7:30 reservation, but were still able to be seated immediately. That was a very pleasant surprise. We all started with a cocktail, each of which was very good. The meals were wonderful, service was quite nice. I don't see how we could have had a better experience.Special Features:
- Ameri-mexican foodAnnaDined on 9/13/2014Good food, waitress refilled the chips for the complimentary chips and salsa (Which never happens at restaurants), cool feel. The waitress said the large pitcher of margarita would be good for two rounds, only did one round in small glasses for 4 people. Probably too much ice. Had a better margarita a few doors down at No Way Jose. Great mussels (Appetizer).Special Features:
- Delicious!Christie774VIPDined on 9/13/2014The wings are amazing, a must have! They are not fried so it made us feel slightly healthier! The fish and steak tacos are also delicious.Special Features:
- First time hereVeggiedinerDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was very nice, service very good along with the excellent food. Only downside is the meal was served shortly after appetizer so no time to relax and enjoy the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Unique MexicanNavislongaDined on 8/31/2014Our family of four had a great authentic meal at Blu Agave. They have a good kids menu but the place is also well-suited for a date night. Pork tacos pastor, beef enchiladas, tamales, and fajitas were all great. Service was top-notch, too.Special Features:
- Delicious margaritasKerrbearDined on 8/9/2014We went to Blue Agave for restaurant week but found the regular menu more appetizing. The quacamole seemed to have a lot of frozen avocado, but queso was delicious. My boyfriend got the spinach enchiladas, which seemed to be a big pile of spinach and sauce with a blue corn tortilla lost underneath. He thought the tres leches was too dry and not sweet enough but I loved it. It would be good for someone who likes a lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great night outTrishalVIPDined on 8/8/2014Blue Agave never seems to disappoint us, and once again, we decided to go for a Restaurant Week dinner. The menu was different, and quite amazing. I had a Hibiscus Enchilada, which is not your traditional Mexican restaurant enchilada. The flavors were amazing, and the sauce was out of this world: hearty, deep, and just well rounded. It seriously was the BEST enchilada I have had in at least the past 14 years. This should become a staple item on the regular menu.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceVicky310Dined on 8/7/2014The restaurant was very nice. I would definitely go there again. I went for Restaurant Week and really enjoyed the steak meal they had. The drink they had was delicious. I would say the mashed potatoes was very bland. But everything else I really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekfood4lifeDined on 8/6/2014Went for lunch at restaurant week. Had excellent service and my waitress was very attentive and pleasant. I ordered the Macaroni and Cheese which had the potential to be good - it had a nice southwest flare to it but it wasn't spicy enough or warm (temperature wise) enough to my liking. Then I ordered the fish tacos which were just bland. The guacamole on top added little to the overall taste and the fish was much too breaded which was too much on top of eating the tortilla as well. I took the remaining leftovers home and added salsa when I was ready to eat and it tasted so much better that way. I expected more from this restaurant because of it's reviews. But I would go back and give it another try because my friend really liked her dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We have a large family and come here a lot. Good, people, friendly staff, and the food fits all appetites.
- Great new dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014I dined alone and had great food, kind service and a wonderful overall expereince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindforeverafoodieDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed the shrimp soft taco's , & Mahi dinner~ very hardy portions! Cheerful wait staff- Great service! Will definitely return! Ambiance~ Loud, but what do you want for a Friday eve game night in Baltimore?! I recommend going there with friends who know your not angry AT THEM when you have to yell across the table. Parking was horrific- I suggest parking anywhere along the Charm City Circulator route & riding the bus to the restaurant. It's free & stops right at the front door!Special Features:
- The following 417 reviews are from the Blue Agave Restaurante y Tequileria reviews archive.
- a girlz night outPurple31Dined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Blue Agave, and it was in fact a great experience! Definitely will be making another visit very soon! Our server was great and knowledgable about the menu, drinks & the specials for the day!! Our food came out in no time at all and looked & tasted as good as the menu described! The watermelon margaritas were delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingnmmorgan77Dined on 7/20/2014We dined at Blue Agave this past Sunday evening and we were disappointed. The food was mediocre and the service was uneven. There was no chorizo in the "chorizo empanadas," the ceviche was not actually ceviche, the fajitas were okay, but the tacos were ice cold and inedible. We also ordered the fried ice cream, which strangely were coated in Fruity Pebbles. Our server was nowhere to be found for most of the meal, and when she did finally appear she was seemingly more concerned with the table of frat boys attempting to eat some monstrosity of a burrito, and dropped the check before she offered dessert menus and was then annoyed when we asked about dessert. My husband and I dine out ALOT, but we will not be returning to Blue Agave.Special Features:
- Everything was exceptionalsearlDined on 7/19/2014I don't have anything but good things to say. We were seated as soon as we arrived. The staff was extremely friendly. Everything that we ordered was absolutely delicious. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican mediocrityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We shared a guacamole appetizer it tasted like a packaged mix and the chips were blasé. The salsa and pico de gallo were horrible. The tomatoes in the pico looked like the had been cut last week. The shrimp was chopped before being put on the tacos and my husband meal was not memorable. My recommendation, go to Chevys. The food is fresher, tastier and the restaurant is cleaner.
- Nice Atmosphere, Slow BarSmayvisVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food here is pretty good - standard Mexican fare - but nothing really stands out. Decent tequila selection, and a good selection of margaritas/mixed drinks. Noise level was pretty high at 7 pm on a Monday, but it added to the fun energy of the restaurant. My only complaint is about the bar and the speed (or lack thereof) with which they made drinks. I ordered a margarita when we sat down, and then when our meals came, I asked for a second margarita. I never did get that second drink. Our waitress apologized, saying that the bar was very backed up, but to order a drink at the beginning of the meal and still not have it by the time you're finished eating is crazy.Special Features:
- ForgetfulJonessVIPDined on 7/7/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times, and the other day was the first time I recall having bad service.The waiter(Mike) was rude. After mentioning it to my husband, he shared that this wasn't the first time the service there was sub par. The food was good, nothing outstanding. I hope my husband reminds me the next time I suggest going here to eat, so I don't have to go through this again. I'll eat somewhere else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Friends recommended Blue Agave to us since we were looking for a fun place Downtown to celebrate our 7 year anniversary. Booked through open table for 5pm and arrived an hour early to watch the World Cup and have a few drinks at the bar. Caleb was a new bartender and all three bartenders took great care of us and let us sample some tequila. We got a table by the window and were greeted by the hostess with two glasses of Champagne congratulating us on our anniversary. Dinner was better than expected and priced very well. Drinks were replenished and our waitress was on her game. Great experience and we had a wonderful time. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for good food, great tequila and a good time.Special Features:
- not what exspectednewmenu987456321Dined on 6/28/2014was not disappointed was similer to a mexcan hangout i used to go to the food service was excellant had a great time will go againSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful girls night out and enjoyed just about everything we ordered. Our waitress was awesome and very friendly. The serving staff was quick and efficient. We are definitely going to visit again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drinks ok...food eh?ChisaVIPDined on 6/7/2014The drinks were the best part of the whole meal! The food sucked! Very salty and watery! Definitely will not be back! Better off going to chipotle.Special Features:
- Delicious!AllisonDined on 6/3/2014Great guacamole and salsas! We enjoyed our meal. Had the shrimp fajitas for one and split them. It was plenty even for two people.
- great food !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014I love this place and am never disappointed ! A bit rushed my the waitress but we enjoyed our meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meme45Dined on 5/28/2014It was my first time there.the waitress was attentive,service was great.It was my birthday so it was surprise when they bought out dessert for me.the food was excellent.all in all had a great dinner,great fun with friends.will return again soon.Special Features:
- Flavorless in BaltimorediningtimestwoVIPDined on 5/25/2014The guacamole was good, but the rest of the meal was bland. We are perhaps just too spoiled with Mexican food living in California. Cute place and good service.Special Features:
- Excellent margaritas!JazzmineDined on 5/18/2014Brought our grandfather here for some good Mexican food and margaritas. Was excellent between the food and service. Everything tasted fresh and delectable. If it wasn't in Fed Hill, I would totally come more often (parking is always a pain). Very glad we choose to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for after theaterFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 5/17/2014Only complaint would be the noise level being almost unbearable Saturday night... food continues to get better and betterSpecial Features:
- Success!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We have eaten here on numerous occasions and we love the food! Always a great experience. Something new on the menu all the time.Special Features:
- Awesome Summer Hot Spot!CosmoDined on 5/16/2014We arrived at Blue Agave for the first time on Friday, May 16th 2014 around 8:15 PM. At first glimpse, it was packed to the brim and everyone was clustered in and around the business. The host told us our table would be a few minutes, so we grabbed some magaritas and they were outstanding! Just as we sat down on the wait bench to enjoy our name was called. Our waitress was very knowledgeable on all the menu items and I ordered some fajita dish. It was so delicious and tasty. The portions were really big (including the nacho appetizer with guacamole out of this world!). Personally, Fed Hill is a really yuppy spot in Baltimore and to pay for parking really stinks. This place made the hassle for us all worthwhile. Give it a shot :)Special Features:
- Amazed, better than expected!EnzosMomDined on 5/16/2014Our experience exceeded our expectations! The service was prompt and polite. Despite standing room only (and hardly that) at the bar and several large parties around us with no empty tables by 7:30pm, our food came out fast and hot! For $60 we scored 2 maragaritas, an appetizer, and 2 entires. At one point, we didn't have enough room on the table to fit the plates. We couldn't barely finish our meal and I am pregnant and my husband is a triathlete- eating is our passion/obsession and we went hungry! At 30 years old, we felt a bit out of place because everyone was in their early to mid 20's but in the main dining area the crowd was more diverse. I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant and to make a reservation. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a college barGardengirl1Dined on 5/16/2014This is a busy college bar. We were celebrating graduation with our niece and had a fantastic time. However, the food is almost in edible . The margaritas were made with sour mix, yuck! Yuck! Yuck!Special Features:
- Mothers Day DelightlovelyhungerDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed our first visit to Blue Agave for Mothers Day. Food was really good. Service was fine. Be sure to allow yourself enough time if you made reservations to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de Mayo funjasminaDined on 5/5/2014I made a reservation early that morning and actually needed to add 2 people to my reservation at the last minute. Service was very friendly and accommodating, even though it was super busy that night and many people waiting to be sat since it was Cinco de Mayo. Once we were sat, salsa was brought out right away. Nice variety of margaritas, food was great and our server was friendly and attentive. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Great on Cinco De Mayo!LwfoodieDined on 5/5/2014Great experience, great food, great margaritas...Only qualm is that they didn't advertise that happy hour specials are only at the bar. Would recommend!Special Features: