bluAqua Restaurant & Bar
292 NH Route 101, Salzburg Square
Amherst, NH 03031Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
bluAqua Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluaquarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6036734321x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Christopher Noble
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from bluAqua Restaurant & Bar
bluAqua Restaurant & Bar is the hottest new restaurant in Southern New Hampshire. Located in Amherst (between Manchester and Nashua) you will find it easy to get to and enjoy this unique environment. bluAqua's New American cuisine allows the chef to take you on a tour of dishes from his hometown of New Orleans to his own take on New England classics. Whether your taste buds prefer beef or seafood (or even game) you will find something to enjoy at this casually upscale restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
bluAqua Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Bedford, NH ›
bluAqua Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A chef is only as good as the foodKaswillDined on 10/18/2014To be fair, the turtle soup was excellent, but the meal went downhill after that. The scallops, while well prepared, had an off taste. The peach desert was a good idea, but fell short because the peach was not ripe. I don't mind paying top dollar for a great meal, but there are too many consistently high performers just down the road for me to come back.
- DianDined on 10/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Food, wine. And service were wonderful.Special Features:
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Bluaqua exceeded my expectations. The food is what you would fined at a high end restaurant. What really impressed me was the service. For having the food of a high end restaurant the staff was casual, and vary attentive to every detail of the evening, they really made the dinner enjoyable.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014Very disappointed with this restaurant. The dining and bar area are small and have a contemporary, clean, cozy appeal. After that, things went down hill quickly There were 4 items that were not available on this limited menu. Several items from the wine and alcohol menu were also not available The waiter explained the reason for the limitations on the menu were because they were in the process of changing to the new fall menu. Our salad appetizer was also missing one of the main ingredients. The steak was tasty but chewy. The recommend burger arrived well done when it was order medium rare. Did not bother to order dessert.
- Nice Gem in AmherstRAMNHDined on 9/5/2014We tried Blu Aqua for the first time last week and it was a pleasant surprise. The ambiance is very pleasant and the food was well prepared and tasty. The crab cakes where the best we've had in the area and the scallops where outstanding. Good selection of wines to choose from and the bar area looked pretty cool with the huge fish tank wall. There is an outside area that people where eating at that also look nice. Would definitely come here again and again!Special Features:
- Disappointing-judge for yourselfSFfoodietransplantDined on 8/27/2014Restaurant is pretty inside and they create a decent atmosphere for dining. The waitress was nice, but couldn't remember a thing. The food was not great. The food was either very very salty or under seasoned. My boyfriend found his dinner inedible because it was so salty. I like salt and I had to agree with him. Nothing remarkable about it. I can't say there was one thing that was great. It was all okay. They did do a good job of serving the bottle of red wine at the correct temperature. I'd rather have a restaurant lightly salt the food and put salt and pepper on the table for people to season on their own. Maybe we just had an off night. The other reviews were great, that's why we tried it.
- Excellent Dining , a real treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary at Blu Aqua. Everything was superb! Service was attentive not overbearing. The chef added an extra touch to our dessert plate and came out to Congratulate us . It was our 2nd time at the restraint. We will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backGoBulldogsDined on 8/22/2014A hidden gem. Food was excellent. Bartender was knowledgeable about chef's background which laid the groundwork for our dining experience. We ate at the bar and were entertained by Shawn's antics. He kept vigilance over our dining experience and was very helpful on pairing our food and drinks. Cheddar fondue and crab cakes presentation was wonderful but the taste was more than we expected. We will definitely returns. If your looking for loud anything bar scene this isn't your place. However, if small groups and casual upscale dining is your take try them out!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous fine diningMoniqueDined on 8/15/2014The food, service, and ambiance were all exceptional. I highly recommend the tuna and duck as entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I went to bluAqua for our anniversary. We went on a Monday evening so the restaurant was very quiet...in fact we were the only people in the dining room. In some cases I would imagine that staff would look at such a quiet night as an opportunity to "take the night off". This was not the case at bluAqua. The service was impeccable. Our waitress could not have been more friendly or helpful. We both had the scallop dish. Our food was beautifully prepared and presented. At the end of the meal the chef stopped by our table to thank us for coming in and to make sure our experience was good. I would highly recommend bluAqua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent experiencecbop8Dined on 8/8/2014We had another great experience, which keeps us coming back. We sat in the bar area at a very comfy table with an intimate vibe. After ordering our drinks from the huge list of beers, specialty cocktails and wines, we started with the tomato cucumber salad. We both got it as it was not big enough to share. Delicious! For our main course, we ordered the hangar steak and the scallops with risotto. The presentation of both plates was exquisite and the flavor was even better. For some reason we decided to order dessert even though we were both full..just when we thought it couldn't get any better, I tried the chocolate mousse and vanilla bean creme brulee. Unreal! We will keep going cause each experience tops the previous. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & stellar service!RoskoDined on 8/8/2014First time going and couldn't be more pleased! From the lovely reception walking in to our excellent and very informed server, Kyle, we had a terrific experience! The Gumbo was great! More shrimp would've made it Awesome! All four of us tried different meals and all were very satisfied!! And if your looking for a new tasty beverage, the Katrina is a must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meetfriendsfordiinerDined on 8/2/2014We were trying to find a good meeting point between Nashua and Litchfield. We had heard of the restaurant but didn't know much about it. We were surprised to be able to see a range of options for a reservation on Open Table. The restaurant is small, and very attractively decorated. The Hawaiian tuna was out of this world! Everyone in our group of 4 enjoyed everything they ate. Prices are high, this is not an every weekend type of place, but no one felt that the quality did not merit the price. Coffee brought to the table in a French press was delightful. Our server was very knowledgeable and professional. There needs to be better signage - we almost passed the restaurant in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularyummyDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed the meal. The place is fantastic! The menu is very exciting and wait staff knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The best part might have been that the place is intimate and that you're not yelling conversation over a crowd or loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4.HigsDined on 6/29/2014We had a great meal at Bluaqua on a quiet Sunday evening. The apps salads and entrees were perfect! Will definately be back.Special Features:
- Our new favorite !livlafluv9247Dined on 6/28/2014Stumbled across this restaurant by searching for outdoor seating and what a find! Amazing food, top-notch service, and beautiful atmosphere. We sat outside so I can't attest to their indoor dining yet (though it looks upscale, but comfortable, with a great looking bar). It is located right on route 101 so you do hear a lot of street noise outside, but very well maintained. The chef is from New Orleans though many fresh, non-spicey options available. We started with the octopus & american style muscles & my husband had the trois coshon (3 types of pig...wild boar, pork belly & pork cheek) & I had the vegetable "noodles" with shrimp. All delicious, we didn't leave a crumb. They also have a very extensive microbrew beer selection. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and terrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014We took friends for a special dinner and were not disappointed. Our server was friendly and attentive. The food was amazing and the décor was fresh and cool. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the bluAqua Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- great local findfluffyNHDined on 6/14/2014Delicious high quality food in a friendly inviting atmosphere. The tuna entree was excellent. loved that they have outdoor seating and beautiful indoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseDennyDined on 6/12/2014It was my first time at bluAqua and what a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious (I had the crusted tuna) and it was a very relaxing vibe. Just perfect for romantic dinners or date night. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Happy place2cozyDined on 6/9/2014We we're celebrating our anniversary. The staff was great, food was good. Atmosphere pleasant. I would definitely recommend Blue Aqua.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badMJSNHDined on 6/7/2014The food was good however the service was so-so starting when the waiter told us to open our menu to go over the changes. Am I 2? A simple review of the changes would have been fine. Then the waiter seemed to disappear for longer and longer as the evening went along. Will go back however was disappointed this visit.Special Features:
- WineMasterDined on 6/7/2014Two hours to receive our meal which came out of the kitchen one by one for the four of us, presentation was excellent but the food itself only fair. We were seated outside which become very buggy and asked to come inside and they pointed out a table they would clean yet we ended up in the bar seated in a line at little bar tables which made it difficult to have a converstaion amongst friends. We eat out three times per week and search out new retaurants and new wines many of which become our favorites. This one is pricey, which is not a problem for us but we did not get our monies worth so will have to think very hard about going back.
- ExcellentToddDVIPDined on 6/7/2014First time at bluAqua. Wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and the chef's preparation of the different dishes. The Hawaiian Yellow Fin tuna was amazing. It was the best Tuna that I've ever had on the east coast. My wife ordered the Seafood Jambalaya. The meal was excellent and the presentation was a work of art. We will definitely return to this restaurant. P.S. Outside dining area looked great. Unfortunately, after sunset the mosquitoes make the patio a risky bet.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014We had dinner here for the first time on Saturday. The food was fabulous and the service very good as well.Special Features:
- Great findMikeDined on 5/30/2014Never been here before but will definitely be back. Service was attentive but not hovering. Food was very good. The pork belly lollipops were to die for as were the arancini. You also can't go wrong with the Trois cohon or short rib shepherd's pie. Though I didn't have any, the beer list was extensive. Check them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a very good mealflanker6Dined on 5/30/2014This was my forth trip to this restaurant and by far the best experience. Had the crab avocado salad and it was very good. Also tried new menu item the cod fish. It was also good, but after the large salad portion I took most of it home to be devoured by my 9 year old at lunch today. My husband enjoyed his caesar salad and steak. Again the portion was large enough that the dogs had a nice treat when we got home. In the past we had problems with slow service. This visit salads came promptly, but entrees were about 5-10 later than is ideal ( I prefer only about a 5-8 min break between courses).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodseafoodloverDined on 5/30/2014My first experience at this dining establishment was outstanding. The food was simply perfect, presentation, freshness, taste- one of the best places we have found since moving to NH 10 years ago. Even the burger which one person at our table had was so perfect it made my mouth water while enjoying the gumbo. You have to try it and you will be hooked. And the service was perfect. The server knew the menu and described the food perfectly. The courses were served ver professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantpolkadotlocalDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I went to bluAqua for dinner and were blown away. We shared the tuna tartare appetizer -- one sees this appetizer on a lot of menus with varying degrees of success, but I have to say this was by far the best we've ever had. We also split the French mussels appetizer - absolutely delicious. My husbands short ribs entree was outstanding and I loved my steak frites. We split the chocolate torte dessert which was also really good -very chocolatey and moist with a raspberry coulis that was not overly sweet. Our server Kyle was personable and knowledgeable. All in all, bluAqua is our new favorite restaurant in NH. We already booked our next reservation -- this time we're bringing our family with us!Special Features:
- Delightful weekday eveningGoodfoodieDined on 5/14/2014We made a last minute decision to go out for dinner ----after 8pm! Delicious menu-wonderful drinks-pampered by the staff-and the dining room had several other parties dining too. If it hadn't been so cold we would have sat on the patio for after dinner drinks. Such a pleasant "find" and so convenient-love the menu-fits the "meat eater" as well as the lighter salad and sushi diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluAqua ExperiencesBethDined on 5/12/2014My first experience at bluAqua was for an informal wedding reception. The appetizers were delicious and drinks were quite good. The bartender (Sean) was very welcoming and friendly. Because of that experience, I invited a customer to dinner and we had an equally wonderful time. Again, Sean took care of us from start to finish. It was a quiet Monday evening and we were able to be spoiled by extra TLC although from my prior experience, I would guess that is Sean's customary style. The appetizer, entrees and dessert were exquisite. I look forward to returning very soon and will suggest my friends, family and colleagues visit your restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DiningJolanhDined on 5/3/2014We always enjoy the consistent quality at Bluaqua.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!MeemDined on 5/1/2014It was our first time (had been recommended) so our expectation was high. bluAqua met and then exceeded our expecations. We were celebrating a birthday and definitely got the "royal treatment". The food was amazing!!! Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okKittDined on 4/12/2014Called the day before and was told there were no reservations except 5 pm and 8:30. Took the 5 pm and there was absolutely no one there. No one came until 6 pm. And right up until 7pm when we left there were tables empty that could have bee pushed together 2 accomodate 4 people. The food was ok, daily bland and overpriced for what you get. Probably won't go back
- City caliber in the countryBrianDined on 4/1/2014Took my wife her on a surprise mid-week birthday dinner. We've passed by many times, but with a 1 year old, we've not had many nights out lately. This place hit the spot. We're new to the area and after living in big cities (mainly NYC) we were hoping for a good local restaurant. We had not been overly impressed with the immediate area, but BluAqua has made "the cut". The menu was creative and diverse. The food overall was good. They have a nice beer, wine and cocktail selection. What made this place stick out was the service. Some of the best service we've had in a long time. They take their time with you, see your needs are met, but don't bother you so you can actually enjoy your dinner out. Well done Kyle! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluaquaLisaDined on 3/29/2014Gorgeous restaurant amazing food very fair price awesome service. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- We'll be back.RobertVIPDined on 3/28/2014A clean, elegant yet cozy and stylish spot for dinner...only exceeded by the food and the service. My wife and I were thoroughly impressed. Diverse menu with thoughtful, but not extensive, wine list. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FindPhotoguyDined on 3/22/2014This amazing restaurant has little to advertise outside and is hidden in Salzburg Square which has unfortunately faded away as a shopping plaza. However, BluAqua could be thing to start bringing people back. The staff was friendly from the time the door opened. We got welcomed from the hostess as well as the bartender and a few other staff just walking past. The place is small and we thought it might get loud once it was full but even at capacity it was still easy to converse and it felt intimate. The menu had a wonderful variety and reflects the Louisiana chefs talents. Some cajun inspired dishes as well as some incredible american fare dishes with perfect portion sizes. I can still taste the smoked spinach chips with Ahi spread. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in NHDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014Late night find in NH after some shopping in Nashua. Excellent all the way around. Food was top notch, service fantastic and reasonable wine prices. Romantic decor for a super date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Aqua was great! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Blue Aqua was great! The food was wonderful, our waitress was very attentive and sweet and the owner, Scott was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outNHfoodieDined on 2/28/2014bluAqua's food, staff and dining experience are all top notch and worth spending an evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.