BLU - Restaurant & Lounge
2248 Texas Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77479Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
BLU - Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blusugarland.com/
- Phone: 2819037324x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Junnajet Hurapan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We do cater private parties and events. Chef Jett creates a customized menu based on your vision and budget. Please call our restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a VIP area that accommodates up to 65 people. It’s elevated from the rest of the restaurant and is great for a happy hour, cocktail & appetizer semi-private party. We have another semi-private space which accommodates up to 45 people sit-down dinner and includes a full bar that services the party. We are closed on Mondays and offer the restaurant as a great private event venue.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Kim 2819037324x
- Special Events: We do lots of special events. Please call our restaurant for more information.
- Cross Street: Town Center Blvd.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is offered right next to BLU at the covered parking lot on Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings. Free parking is available at the covered parking lot attached to building where BLU is located. There is also outside street parking available.
A word from BLU - Restaurant & Lounge
BLU welcomes friends and guests to its Sugar Land home at the Town Square. BLU is a complete unique boutique dining experience. We serve a balanced mix of exquisite Global street food cuisine including a myriad of Thai variations. We have created a menu that gives our dishes a distinctive note. We have a vast selection of portions to meet the needs of all our guests. Selections range from our tapas, small plates to appetizer, soups, salads, main plates, rice/noodles, a customized selection of street food from all over the world and a gourmet weekend brunch. Eating at BLU is like taking a journey to another country because the flavors are so authentic. The vibrant mix of sophisticated & sumptuous cuisine and relaxing lounge spaces is where dining transcends into fête extraordinaire. Our Executive Chef Junnajet Hurapan "Jett", as he is called by many of his friends, impressed several of New York City’s top food critics before relocating to the Bayou City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
BLU - Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
BLU - Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great fusion foodsaintDined on 8/28/2014Thai - Fusion. If you like Thai-favorite, then it will be a great choice for you. Valuable and delicious appetizer & entrees. reason for 4 stars instead 5 stars is the cocktail, they can do better . You can't taste the favor at all, for mojito, you can't taste the mint at all.Special Features:
- Review only for Aug 14, 14DiningExplorerDined on 8/14/2014There were 4 of us reserved for an early hour seat-down dinner at a best Asian American restaurant in Sugar Land, that's what we thought. Unexpectedly, there was a crowd of standing guests at the bar that kept growing larger to over 70 people. Our table was knocked over twice and was moved twice when they spilled drinks on it. We wanted to leave but it's too late to reserve for other fine dining restaurant to fit our plan. We decided to stay for their great food. The crispy fish was great, but it was small, half size of what we had, for $28. The manager kept saying sorry to us due to the long wait and the disrespectful and bad manner crowd. Though it was nice of him to compensate us with free desert. It was fair enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch needed to be improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014The 3 cheese omelette's presentation was good but the cheese were all clumped up inside. I picked this restaurant among the ones that were available for the Restaurant Week lunch and the website didn't say that Blu doesn't offer it on Sundays and so we were blindsided by that trick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICEWineDine69VIPDined on 8/10/2014It was nice and easy place to have Brunch - food was pretty good, service a bit slow but overall nice especially due to the live music that they offer.Special Features:
- Touch of MiamiAdManDined on 8/8/2014Loved the entire experience. ...Host and server was awesome. Great transition to dance club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food but exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was fair. It seemed to me to be an Americanized Asian food (Thai food specifically).Special Features:
- Improvement neededitsokDined on 8/2/2014We asked for a replacement of chopsticks and had to ask for it again. Entree was served a bit late due to kitchen backed up. It was explained well so we continued chatting while waiting. My dad was allergic to mango and it was used on dessert with no listing on the menu. We caught it as it was served, so they exchanged one without mango with no additional charges. But new plate of dessert was served without spoon, so we had to ask for it. Overall, we loved the food and ambiance, but feel the service could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey For What You GetDisappointedDined on 7/17/2014The waitress was nice, but not knowledgeable about the menu. We reviewed the menu online before going, but once there, found out that a lot of the menu items were no longer served. The waitress informed us that the restaurant was "switching over". The mixed drinks were not very good either.
- Really Good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Great place to meet for cocktails on the patio or a meal. Industrial style with upscale cool... Nice place for a nice time...Special Features:
- Dissapointed with foods.CelerieDined on 6/21/2014When we ordered margarita,no wine glass available..food is too costly..better go somewhere ..dance floor was too boring :(
- AngelheartDined on 6/6/2014Great place to celebrate and dine. The dessert was deliciousSpecial Features:
- The following 125 reviews are from the BLU - Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Love this Place!MissKrysDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has a very nice ambiance, great versatile food options and classy atmosphere. They also had a live band playing that perfectly played various types of music, switching back and forth between romantic Jazz and current pop songs throughout our Mother's Day Brunch. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchdisappointedDined on 5/11/2014What a disappointment. Last year was a special menu. Thought the same for this year based on flyer advertising, but was just the same old weekly brunch menu. Nothing special. Complimentary mimosa was all orange juice. Asked for glass of champagne and it was flat and tasted awful. Much better for dinner.Special Features:
- great gemluvgoodfoodanddrinksDined on 4/30/2014Great place to have happy hour right after work: no long lines, easy parking, and awesome seating options. The menus are very interesting and they offer wine tasting to help you decide on your order. No pressure from the servers at the end of the meal. And it's a good spot to meet up with friends and watch the game. Great atmosphere also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Want to say, "Thank You" for the entertainment, service, food quality on Easter" Met co-workers for Easter Brunch and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan on coming back. The only thing none of us were really happy about are the drink prices. Way over priced for the mimosa's. We were charged 9.00 per mimosa! There are other places that do a weekend brunch with .99 mimosa's and unfortunately that would have to be the reason we do not come back to Blu for weekend brunch. Also, we wanted to order other menu items at 1:30 - 2:00 and not able to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good jazz brunch!cook4meDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I took our 80 yr old friend here for Easter brunch for the 1st time and loved the place! Soft jazz band never too loud. Crab meat eggs benedict was delicious! Complementary mimosas or Bloody Mary! Definitely will return!Special Features:
- Easter brunch gemFoodieMomDined on 4/20/2014I was trying to find a spot for our family if four for Easter, but did not want to break the bank. As it stands, Blu was delicious, affordable, and the kids enjoyed the ambience. It was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCfoodieDined on 4/19/2014Loved sitting outside on the patio. Menu was good and made it difficult to decide. Everything we ordered was delicious - Appetizers, entree's and dessert. Loved the meatball lollipops and bacon wrapped shrimp for appetizers. Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Seared Tuna and Green Coconut Curry were all outstanding entrees. Molten chocolate cake, mango and sticky rice and creme brulee for dessert were also excellent. Service was very good but waiter was not able to make many recommendations as he was new, but since everything was good it didn't really matter. Will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Very, Very Good BrunchTeamCasonVIPDined on 3/30/2014The Thai omelette was very very tasty. I'll have to go back for that alone. Also, the live music was a nice topping to a nice day out on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Sugar Land!FOODIEDined on 3/18/2014This restaurant is really beautiful! The walls have a gorgeous texture & color. The bar is made out of a stone illuminated with lights. The food is just fabulous! The service is very good and the staff is very helpful in explaining all details of the menu. I really enjoyed the crispy fish. The batter was very light and crispy glazed with a sauce that's just unbelievable. The green curry chicken had a kick that was bursting with flavors. The Hong Kong fried rice was very authentic and reminded me of my trip to China. For dessert, we had the molten chocolate cake and crème brulee. Both desserts were just amazing! We will be back to try their Sunday Brunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as ALWAYSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014This place is really nice! It is great to have drinks & eat, I made a reservation and after running about 10 mins late (we were looking for parking) the hostess called to make sure we still wanted to keep our reservation! I really appreciated that & she sat us right away. Now to the food - amazing! The calamari was GREAT, drinks NICE, and the ambiance quite nice! We generally go with my husbands cousin and his wife, so it's like a small evening getaway with great people, great eats, & awesome drinks! Definitely recommend & Jeff our waiter was awesome!!!Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2014Disappointed went there and was presented with a happy hour menu on Sunday. Stated that happy Hour started at 4pm and when I attempted to order happy hour I was told that I could not.... Well why would you provide the menu with that information printed on it. False Advertisement very disappointed..... When asked they stated that It was during football and they would not honor it even though they are still using the menu football has been over for a while so there is no excuse for it to still be in circulation if its not valid. My suggestion stop using the menu and stop advertising deals you don't honor. Rating may have been better if it was not for that issue.
- BadBayberayDined on 2/14/2014Desert came before the appetizer and the entree on valentines day. We were rushed out of the restaurant because it was about to turn into a night club on valentines day at 10:30? Waiter wasn't very friendly... You would expect a better situation on a valentines day. It's one day in a year... Very poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdDaveDined on 2/14/2014Sat directly under vent and my wife was miserable the entire dinner.Special Features:
- Poor Valentine's Day DinnerRomanziDined on 2/14/2014The Red Snapper was over cooked to the point that it lost all tenderness and flavor. It was so thickly breaded that it was difficult to cut. The duck was over cooked and dry. The attempt to disguise this poor presentation with a spicy Thai sauce was not successful. The Asian Mussel dish featured many broken shells and the same exact sauce as the duck dish, which implied lack of chef versatility. The service: Unacceptable especially was the presentation of the bill BEFORE DESSERT WAS SERVED! And the, during dessert, the waiter walked by the table and lifted the bill from where it lay on the table, examined it, then PROPPED IT UP VERTICALLY LIKE A BILLBOARD on the table! We had not yet finished our desserts, and felt this behavior was rude.
- We had a wonderful time andmekkDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful time and would love to come back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous. Very comparableBZ46Dined on 2/14/2014Food was fabulous. Very comparable in food quality to Roy's ( another fusion restaurant). Every bite just lit up the taste buds. A must restaurant in Sugar Land.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One black eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014There is nothing worse than going out to a restaurant and seeing old menus. Actually I can think of a couple things but nonetheless, you gets your hopes up for a menu item since no one made you aware prior that this was the case and then after ordering you get "sorry, we no longer have that." Why is it still on the menu? Poor management. This happened 3 times in one dinner, pork belly entree, white port by the glass and a pumpkin trifle. It's one thing to be 86'd, it's another to be discontinued. UPDATE YOUR MENUS!! Food is delicious, service is only great with Jessica, management is poor, ambiance is gorgeous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Great food and great service. Definitely a special gem in the Sugarland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceJasonDined on 12/26/2013Although the restaurant was TOTALLY empty on 26 Dec when we went, we had a lovely evening. It was "happy hour," so there were generous food & drink discounts. All the food items we had were delicious & very promptly served. Great value. My wife & I were very confused as to why it was so empty. The food was not as good as Perry's but the price was a fraction of the cost of Perry's. I'd be happy to return. We had great service & an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff made me feel asBirthdayclubDined on 11/17/2013The staff made me feel as though I was in a very expensive restaurant, but the prices were reasonable The atmosphere was pleasant and the live music was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch MenuworkinsugarlandDined on 10/8/2013Love the 3 course lunch menu for $12, everytime I go for lunch its always good food and good service...LOVE the outdoor seating!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013The Whole Red Snapper is really good so is the rack of lambSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu Restaurant-Lounge DinnerRickDined on 9/6/2013Kind of a unique restaurant - lounge setting. We had anticipated more separation for a special occasion, but it turned out acceptable and ambience was good. They were not real busy, service was excellent and noise level OK. Do not know how it would be when more crowded. However, the food we had was extremely good! We enjoy spicy dishes, so I had the High Flame Shrimp and Scallops while my wife had the custom selection of Scallops with Thai Basil Chili Sauce. Both were of very good presentation, nice heat and absolutely scrumptious. For dessert we shared an Apple-Pecan Cobbler which also had nice presentation and was very good; highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2013Food was very good. Service was friendly and quick. Just don't plan on having a quiet meal on Sunday evening. The restaurant has a guest DJ on Sunday evenings and it was so loud we could not have a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDiningExplorerDined on 8/22/2013It's convenient to reserve via OT. Overall was very good, but there is room for improvement. Main dishes are great with diverse ethnic taste. Cocktails could be better mixed. Appetizer portions were way too little, even just for tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We have been here 30+ times and while the food is always delicious, there isn't another server there that holds a candle to Jessica. If you reserve for dinner, you must ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends for LunchbkrtriniDined on 8/14/2013Had a great time with friends from work. Wonderful selections on the lunch menu and the chef was superb! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is super flavorful...Lgenius2001Dined on 8/7/2013Everything I ate was super flavorful, including dessert. And the $12 lunch menu is awesome for almost any budget. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it wasn't for the food.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013Food as always, was phenomenal. Service was poor. Last time we went for brunch we had asked for the edamame dumplings even though they are typically not available for brunch and the chef accommodated us. This time we asked again and the server didn't even ask the kitchen, he just said no. Took 8 minutes for cucumber lemonade to arrive. Check was dropped before we even ordered dessert which is insulting. Server was only at the table to take the order and check on main course, otherwise, he did not exist. Next time we will ask for our regular server.I would recommend this to a friend.