blu on the Avenue
326 S Park Ave
Winterpark, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
blu on the Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluontheavenue.com/
- Phone: 4079603778
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from blu on the Avenue
Blu on the Avenue offers fresh seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches and more... It brings modern West and East coast cuisines together with a twist. Inspired by locals and Orlando visitors, the Blu concept of daily fresh seafood, prime steaks and classic cocktails is a great addition to the already thriving Winter park shopping district. Blu is open 7 days a week with a full bar featuring specialty martinis, classic cocktails and a beautiful list of wines by the glass. The staff at Blu is looking forward to making your visit enjoyable and lasting. Whether it"s a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner with family and friends or just a craving for dessert and coffee, Blu on the Avenue will win your heart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
blu on the Avenue - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
blu on the Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- I took a shot on blufnjacobsVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is just a case of a web search working out. I made a rez just a couple hours before dinner. As a single diner, you never know how you'll be treated. At blu, I felt like a regular. Server Christina was excellent, recommending the grouper special (as good as I've had). I had a great outside table, allowing me to enjoy the Winter Park scene. Great choice all the way around & I'll be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful find/Great Gluten FreeTheLongViewVIPDined on 9/17/2014I chose this restaurant after reading about it on Open Table, and was very happy with my choice. I had the fish special (corvina?), roasted vegetables and an asian-flavored quinoa mixture - very delicious. We had the fish dip for an appetizer which was, if not especially remarkable, quite enjoyable. We dined outside and enjoyed the people watching. Our server, whose name I'm sorry I can't recall, was lovely and efficient AND well informed about the menu. Most of the items on their menu are gluten free, which is a special bonus to those needing/preferring the accommodation.Special Features:
- Very Consistent !!!MikeEVIPDined on 9/12/2014Now that the sound issues have been resolved, diners can focus on the culinary experience! We enjoyed a very good meal - sushi is always fresh - and the menu is terrific. Service by Joyce was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Spot to Relax on Park AvenueDebPDined on 8/18/2014Blue on the Avenue is a great place to order fine food, at a reasonable price in a relaxed atmosphere. Perfect spot for dining with friends or a hot date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOldtimersDined on 8/3/2014There were six of us that went. It was a very hot evening or we would have sat outside. Everytime they set down a plate I had order envy. In the end, my dinner was great, the service was great, and we are going back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableTeriroseVIPDined on 7/27/2014The location is great for people watching, enjoying the beauty of Winter Park and just hanging out with friends. You can dine inside or outside. Both are comfortable. We chose Brunch and it was good. Atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014table was not ready at appoined time aslythough we were not explicit in iour reservation in requesting inside dining that night due to hot weather so went to bar and ordered appetizer only to have table become available and ended up having to settle bar bill and eat bar appetizer at dinner table sauce for my dish was left in kitchen meals did not come out at the same time server seemed to be behind whole meal we like Winter Park and frequent the area regularly ish se had picked a different spot that nightSpecial Features:
- Poor service this timeExperience101Dined on 7/12/2014Several mistakes in the order, sushi never came out and no excuses for any of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedinerpsycoDined on 6/28/2014My Server was 5☆☆☆☆☆, very respectful and always aware of our needs despite having several other tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-Great ServiceFoodIzRHobbyDined on 6/28/2014We have visited Blu several times and on each occasion leave the restaurant saying that the food and experience were great and that we are going to return! This visit was the same. We had the filet, swordfish, steak tips, salads and steamers. All were delicious. Best restaurant in Winter Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, energetic vibejdogVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food, energetic vibe. Service was great too! Try the lobster grilled cheese for a taste of decadence. Kale Greek salad was good, shrimp sate was tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itFitnessaddictDined on 6/19/2014We went here to have a low-key celebration of our anniversary. It was perfect. The tuna was the best I've had in recent memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food out of tunaSkipit4144Dined on 6/17/2014We saw the tuna on the menu and were drooling like dogs only to have the server say I just sold the last two 37 seconds ago. Ordered two pasta dishes that were ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantDaniCoppolaDined on 6/15/2014Its a good restaurant but the service is a little bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the blu on the Avenue reviews archive.
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Disappointed. While the food was "ok" the service was horrible. We started with the fontina cheese app that came with just a few pieces of bread for the 4 of us. We asked for more bread but it took almost 15 min and by that time the cheese had solidified. My wife and I also ordered a Louie salad to share and had said that to our waitress but we still had to wait 10 min to get the second plate since they didn't split it for us. We had to ask twice for the check for another wait of 15 min. One of our friends with us ordered the chicken panini and it came on soggy bread. Obviously it sat in the kitchen waiting for the sushi to be finished. The only good thing was that they filled the water glasses frequently.
- Almost 5 starsL2ADiningReviewsDined on 5/24/2014We picked Blu as we wanted seafood and they had Grilled Tuna and Grouper. We split our entrees and were not disappointed. The only negative was there was just the meal. Veggies were additional. No bread or anything to accompany the meal. We ordered a side order of asparagus which were good but only about 6 skinny ones came on the plate. We expected more but maybe that's us. We decided we would go back, bring our dog for the outside seating. Know we know what to expect and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarilynDined on 5/16/2014I've never been disappointed with either the food or service - from happy hour oysters to dinner to Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSmithVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is our favorite place for brunch on Park Ave. Even on Mother's Day, service was efficient. Our server was great--attentive and friendly. Lots of good choices beyond bacon and eggs.Special Features:
- Great food and nice atmosphere111967Dined on 5/10/2014It was my first time dining at Blu on the Avenue. Sushi was fresh and delicious. The server recommended the Salmon as an entree. The Salmon surpassed my expectations. It was cooked perfectly...succulent and delicious. The server was knowledgable, pleasant, and very efficient. The atmosphere was ideal for an elegant, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Ave diningRandyCDined on 5/10/2014Great outdoor dining on Park Ave. grouper was fabulous and large portions. Sushi was fantastic and also good size portions. Great service. We had a child with us and service was good with her even bringing out a small side for her. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but ...KembaDined on 5/10/2014The bar area is nice but the rest of the restaurant is kind of blah. Could be designed better. Food is really good, but a little overpriced even for Park Ave. $24 for a small serving of lobster risotto? But the $5 salads helped make up for some of it. They were fresh and tasty. Service was great and it was quiet, but then the place was empty, so... The lobster roll and roasted asparagus were heavenly. Need better-looking and fresher desserts. Something with fresh fruit would be nice this time of year. Not very cozy or romantic. More for families and groups.Special Features:
- delicious sushigraphicdesign444Dined on 5/6/2014love their sushi. limited selections made to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeEVIPDined on 5/3/2014I have only ordered the sushi and a few of the salads, and everything has been great. Very fresh with a nice presentation. The wine list is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bony chicken and cold crab saladDavidking7Dined on 4/20/201416 bucks for a bony chicken thigh and leg? A bibb lettuce salad with cold crab meat and a small portion for an entree was not that memorable. The 310 restaurant does a bettet job at food preparation. Lamb stew was ok , but tasted like it had a speghetti sauce base. Vegetable sushi was very good .Special Features:
- Great service, but...mlsorrelVIPDined on 4/18/2014The food was really hit or miss. The sea bass was terrific, but the steak was like leather.Special Features:
- Fabulous serviceTomcatDined on 4/12/2014Staff was friendly and very professional. Food was well prepared and presented. Open atmosphere on Park Ave. made for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday at blu on the AvenuemcgdrgVIPDined on 4/5/2014The experience started off on the wrong foot. We were seated and left alone for almost ten minutes. But once our server Audrey came to greet us the experience was wonderful. She walked us through the menu, made recommendations, and was delightfully hospitable. The food was very nice...freshly prepared, tasty, and creative. We will definitely be back...largely due to Audrey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014in Orlando for a convention in the wife and I decided to get out of town and head winter park. Blu have a great appetizers and a nice menu. the fresh oysters were little small but with fresh.my wife at the tune of which was cooked perfectly and I had the New York Strip. the food was great but the roasted potatoes could have had some more seasoning. ask to sit at the table in the window if available. Winter Park its not too far from Orlando if you have a car. About 20 min from convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!MikeEVIPDined on 3/29/2014I was always a fan, but thanks to addressing the sound issues inside this restaurant space blu has been elevated to one of the very best restaurants on Park Ave! Toby from Connecticut was a great server and complimented the experience!!!Special Features:
- it's very,goodrollinsvisitorDined on 3/29/2014The food, service and location are very good. The side walk tables make it even more pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive: We were able toSocial1Dined on 3/28/2014Positive: We were able to get a reservation for 8 on a Friday night at 7pm & they held our table while we finished at the bar--no rush. Great happy hour including $7/dozen oysters and the entire face of the restaurant was open to Park Ave which made it slightly humid but great atmosphere! Negative: The featured dish, swordfish kabobs, came out so overcooked & highly seasoned (admittedly jerk) that it could have passed for chicken or pork. The waiter was good but didn't check on us as often as we would have liked & the happy hour oysters took so long to come out they had to hold our table even though we showed up quite early. Maybe they were short staffed? May try one more time--great looking menu.Special Features:
- ExcellentMikeEVIPDined on 3/16/2014As anticipated, by adding sound panels to your dining area, you have solved the ridiculous noise problem in the space. Now I could focus on the food - and it was wonderful! Thank you!!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceDinner42Dined on 3/14/2014This was my first time here. Had a group of 5 on a Friday night. Made a reservation the day before. Got there and the table was ready and waiting. I was the first in my party to arrive and they seated me without having to wait for the rest to get there. The staff and servers were very attentive and friendly. The food was WONDERFUL! Great experience. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible restaurantUnhappyVIPDined on 3/9/2014Food terrible, atmosphere none, avoid this restaurant.
- The host didnt look very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014The host didnt look very happy or welcoming but the waitress was excellent and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBehindineDined on 2/28/2014I made a reservation for a Friday evening. The table was ready and a waitress promptly met us at the table. We had sushi as an appetizer. It was delicious. The blueberry sangria and the white sangria were very tasty without being too sweet. I had a wahoo fish sandwich which was very flavorful and my friend had the lobster risotto. Both were bursting with flavor. This place is great! Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!BFunkDined on 2/23/2014Sunday brunch was great, but it was INCREDIBLY salty. Beware!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good app, so-so entreCal62VIPDined on 2/22/2014First time at blu, I was optimistic based on some other reviews. It took a long time for our cocktails to come but my wife said the Cosmo was one of the best she's had. Appetizer was a shared seared scallops wrapped in prosciutto which gave the scallops a really nice salty crunch to it, easliy the highlight of the meal. Both my wife and I chose the grouper entre which was slathered in a bland sour cream topping and was accompanied by a soggy potato pancake which bordered on inedible. Service was very friendly but a little slow. Bottom line, we'd go back for drinks and light bites but no way on the full meal.Special Features:
- I do love Blu! However, IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014I do love Blu! However, I have noticed inconsistence with the food and the plating. The food usually looks appealing and not just thrown on the plate, which it did the other day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BluOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The staff were excellent and very courteous! Great food and wine! Would go back any day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.