Blu Basil Cafe
306 S Sharon Amity Road
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Blu Basil Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blubasil.com/
- Phone: 7043623731
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Nathan Wachob
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: blu basil cafe offers an array of catering options from small events like a few friends getting together to watch a game or hang out together to full-service corporate dining where you are looking to impress a few clients to a few hundred. blu basil caters for every type of event from weddings to pharmaceutical reps. Are you a pharmaceutical rep? Ask about our Pharmaceutical Rep Program. Call us at 704-362-3731 and ask for Nathan to find our more information about our catering services. Quit the same old, boring food and give us a shot. We promise to impress!
- Entertainment: Outdoor music scheduled during Summer months.
A word from Blu Basil Cafe
Welcome to blu basil cafe located at 306 S. Sharon Amity Rd. inside of Cotswold Village Shops. blu basil cafe specializes in fresh and delicious Italian/American food at extremely reasonable prices. We have an extensive menu ranging from sandwiches and salads during the day to homemade pastas, steaks and authentic Italian entrees at night. We take great pride in the food that we serve you, whether it be our homemade gelato (Italian Ice Cream), our savory pastas, our vibrant salads, or our Italian imported coffees, we guarantee you will find a few things on our menu that you will thoroughly enjoy. Come visit us and let our caring and wonderful staff serve you the best Italian-American food around!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blu Basil Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- First time here was a disappointmenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/9/2012First time here was a disappointment, food was just OK. Ordered a filet mignonwith blue cheese in a basalmic sauce and it was very dry/tasteless. The wine list was the worst I've seen anywhere. If you must go, stick to the pizza and beer.
- We had almost given up onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012We had almost given up on Blu Basil prior to the re-opening. At that time, the service was extremely slow and the menu choices, we felt, were questionable. We decided to give you another try this past Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised. I had the filet and my husband had the chicken marsala. Honestly, my filet was one of the best I've ever eaten and the chicken marsala was superb. I especially enjoyed the roasted asparagus. We brought what was left on our plates home and enjoyed it again on Sunday. We'll definitely be back and I've already recommended you to several friends. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- What a wonderful Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012What a wonderful Mother's Day luncheon! The food was fabulous. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. The staff were very attentive even on such a busy day. My husband made an excellent choice in choosing this restaurant. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- A favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The food is excellent! Strawberry sunset salad a favorite. The pasta dishes are deliciousSpecial Features:
- quiet small place with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012quiet small place with excellent Italian food and service. We had a table of 13 people, including 4 teens and 1 11month old child.Special Features:
- Portion sizes were smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012Portion sizes were smaller that previous visits but the prices have gone up. Some dishes were uncooked (meatball) but the diner did not send it back due extensive wait time. Her food came much later than the other dishes. All food ordered did not arrive at the same time.
- Went for breakfast... it wasntJenniferDined on 4/22/2012Went for breakfast... it wasnt busy only 3 tables sat including ours. Took around 30 minutes to get our food, waitress didnt come by to say she was checking on food or apologize for how long it took. No ketchup/salt/pepper on the table..had to ask for it, toast was served and no jelly/butter brought, had to ask for that as well... I ordered the omelet and 1 of the 2 veggies I ordered in it was left out. I wouldnt eat breakfast there again.
- We had a cupon.....food wasCltDinerVIPDined on 4/20/2012We had a cupon.....food was average at best. won't be going again.
- First time there and I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012First time there and I was very impressed. There was something on the menu for everyone including the kids. From stuffed french toast to stuffed chicken breast with risotto. I thought the food had a high quality flair at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Food was decent; was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2012Food was decent; was expecting more in terms of ambiance. Feels like a sandwich shop.
- Despite having really goodsouthrngrlathomeDined on 4/5/2012Despite having really good food, I think Blu Basil suffers by not having a bar, and it lacks something I can't put my finger on. The wait staff seemed awkward. I do hope the restaurant makes it though.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Enjoyed the food and restaurant. We went on Saturday when they offer free Gelato. What a nice touch!Special Features:
- The food was great and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The food was great and we loved the remodel. Glad the TV's are gone!Special Features:
- We used to love blu Basil,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2012We used to love blu Basil, but they remodeled and changed the menu. They lost the touch they had that put them apart from the others. They raised the prices and took things out of the dish, such as it's an extra $4 for chicken on a$13 plate of "grown up Mac n cheese". And it used to come with the chicken. My wife's filet mignon only came with fries and no veggie. Sad.... Will not be going back!
- I like the new look. StillWSFIVDined on 2/10/2012I like the new look. Still the best Cobb salad in Town!
- Blu Basil is one of my favoriteLuvitVIPDined on 2/9/2012Blu Basil is one of my favorite places. I love the new changes!Special Features:
- They have made a lot of changes.WSFIVDined on 1/27/2012They have made a lot of changes. Going a little more upscale and adding a bar. Our Entrees were pretty good especially when you consider the price. My favorite thing on the menu is still the Cobb salad. Best blue cheese dressing ever!
- Great food and service, butScottVIPDined on 1/27/2012Great food and service, but too many children running around unsupervised while their parents enjoyed dinner. I will go back, but not on friday @ 7 PM during the family hour!
- Our family tried Blu BasilsadiezVIPDined on 12/24/2011Our family tried Blu Basil for the first time for Christmas Eve dinner. The food was reasonably priced and well prepared. The service was very good. I was disappointed that there were TV monitors on to various channels. The atmosphere was not as 'cozy' as I had hoped. Also, the wine list was very limited. It is in our neighborhood, so we will probably try it for lunch or brunch next time.Special Features:
- Terrible foodVburrDined on 11/6/2011Food was terrible, tasteless. The place was dark and cold. Waitress barely spoke audible english. It was recommended by a friend, maybe better for lunch, but dinner for all four of my friends was awful.
- All-around fabulous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2011A group of 15-20 of us meet at Blu Basil weekly. The food selection is vast enough that there's something for everyone, no matter the diet or lack thereof. They have outstanding Salads, Pizzas and Pastas. I like to stick to my favorites, but each time I try something new here I find a new favorite! I also like to meet friends for one-on-one conversations for dinner or brunch. (If you're looking for a quiet Sunday brunch that isn't crowded but has wonderful food and is reasonably priced, this place is perfect!) Occasionally, I treat myself and come here with a good book and just order dessert and coffee. (Their decaf coffee is notably good.)Special Features:
- Service and resturant itselfsrc919Dined on 9/17/2011Service and resturant itself was pretty good. Food just wasn't very flavorful. I was there with 6 other people and no one cared for their food.
- BLAH BasilOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2011Total disappointment. No creativity in the decor,obviously an old BearRock Cafe. Ambitious menu, but well below average execution. The dishes all sound inventive and potentially delicious, but the food is mediocre at best. Simple chicken parm was terribly over seasoned and dry. House fried chips were overdone and served with bottled Ranch, not house-made as stated. Bruschetta was average. Toasted Raviolis were ok--marinara was the one yummy part of our meal. Caesar salad was lettuce, bag cheese, & bottle dressing. BYO pasta dish was a bowl of pasta tossed with minimal amounts of selected items. WAY overpriced and bland. $16 pasta should be special. Nothing is special about Blu Basil. Service was average.We felt robbed of $50 upon leaving.
- Blu Basil Cafe - Blah!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2011The food was decent Italian, but the service was horrible. The hostess barely acknowledged us and never spoke a word - not even a "Welcome"! The main course took over 30 min to arrive at the table. I wanted to leave, but my dinner partner was hungry so we stuck it out. Not worth coming back.
- Great casual place. FoodCarolinaMomVIPDined on 6/5/2011Great casual place. Food is really good. The salads are awesome, especially the strawberry salad and the cobb salad. This is just a really great neighborhood place to go for a casual dinner or lunch. Fun to eat outside under the umbrellas after your tennis match!Special Features:
- wonderful, reasonable brunchPouchoVIPDined on 5/8/2011wonderful, reasonable brunch ! Lunch & dinner is also delicious ! Even when busy , service is attentive.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding.jeffbethdVIPDined on 4/25/2011The service was outstanding. I think a full bar would be nice though.
- Dined there for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2011Dined there for the first time after using their catering several times. Food was really good and a nice menu with very reasonable pricing; it was hard to decide what to order! The ambience was not what I usually like in a restaurant but that would not prevent me from returning. Definitely worth your time and money.Special Features:
- For a quick delicious lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2011My boyfriend and I came into Basil for a quick lunch. We told our server we needed to be somewhere so we got our check when our food came out. They got us in and out in 20 minutes and the food was awesome! We hated to rush through it because it was sooo good. The house salad itself is so delicious, and I'd recommend the tortellini in the alfredo sauce with the spinach and sausage.. it was fantastic!! Will recommend to others!Special Features:
- Was hoping for betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2011There wasn't much care given to the plating which made te food in front of me less desirable. The taste was ok but the chicken was very dry. Bruchetta was very good. My husband got the grown up Mac n cheese and the cheese was overpowering. Our friend ordered the butternut squash ravioli which she described as chewy. We are usually very easy to please when it comes to food and even for us this is not a resturant we would revisit.
- Good restaurant in CotswoldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2011This is the second time I have been to the restaurant and it was just as good as the first. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Sunday evenings appear to be a good time to come as there have not been as many people there as I would expect.Special Features:
- Don't let the appearance fool youOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2011Don't let the appearance fool you. It might look like a sandwich shop but inside it has a terrific staff and a pleasing menu. The scope of the menu is limited allowing them to focus on flavor and presentation. The staff is attentive, congenial and professional. I have not had a bad meal or experience inside their four walls.Special Features:
- A good experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/6/2011My first experience was a good one. The food was good quality with a good taste. I went on a Sunday evening and was surprised how empty the restaurant was (which also meant it was quiet). My family will certainly return on a frequent basis.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)JenniferDined on 2/18/2011It wasn't bad but it wasn't some place I would refer my friends.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Excellent Restaurant!!!! I loved the wild Salmon and my wife loved the stawberry sunset salad. The guys playing the trumpet and bass were a nice touch on Valentine's Day. The quality of food for the price was also great. I will return to this restaurant soon!!!Special Features:
- Definitely not a fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011Definitely not a fine dining experience. It was not unpleasant but it certainly wasn't anything special. The wine was too warm for a red wine; we had to have a cooler to bring it to a pleasant temperature. Food was blandly plated. Risotto was like shrimp and grits. Dessert was good. Waiter was nice but unattentive. 2 piece bass & trumpet added a nice touch. Table was in a draft. Bill was wrong. Open points were not credited so overall we wouldn't return unless we were in the neighborhood for lunch.
- This is a nice place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011This is a nice place to have a meal. The appetizers are very good, better than I expected. We have the Crab and shrimp with pita bread. I highly recommend giving this a try. The pork loin with fig sauce was also very good. We enjoyed the entire Valentines meal. The couple package was nice. It included a bottle of vine; choose of appetizer; 2 entrees; and desert, all for a great price. It was nice to share. The waiter was also very nice and gave us great service. Give this place a try you will not be sorry.
- I was surprised that thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2011I was surprised that this "cafe" was on opentable as a recommendation for Valentine's Day. This was not a good spot to have a special dinner. The service was great but the food was a little salty and bland. I would only recommend this place for lunch not for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- 1st time eating here. WeTPottsDined on 2/12/20111st time eating here. We will definitely return again. Sharing this new favorite of ours with friends.
- Great food and service, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Great food and service, but the building is setup very similar to a Panini, so not a great atmosphere. That said, if you're just looking for great food, with no hassle getting in or out, I'd definitely recommend checking out Blu Basil.Special Features: