106 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-new-york/
- Phone: (212) 752-7470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am–2:30pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:30pm–11:00pm, Friday – Saturday 5:30pm–11:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm–10:00pm
The bar is open Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm-11:30pm and Sundays from 5:00pm-10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Braden Reardon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak
Located in the heart of midtown, BLT Steak is our interpretation of the classic steakhouse, coupled with signature style and all-around finesse. Enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede booths, BLT Steak combines a bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare. Certified Black Angus or USDA Prime steak are dressed with a selection of sauces, ranging from Bearnaise to Horseradish, and are paired with decadent sides such as Parmesan flavored Gnocchi and oversized Onion Rings. Add BLT Steak’s sumptuous selection of fresh seafood, signature salads and blackboard specials and it sets the standard for today’s modern steakhouse.Continued
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (69)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (45)notable wine list (37)hot spot (35)great for lunch (26)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Food was amazing, in particular the steak. I would definetly recommend the filet mignon at this place. Sevrvice was very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014Great steak, salads, sides and desserts. It is noisy and setting is close. Service is hit and miss but we would definitely return. Expensive as you would expect in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amylr1012Dined on 11/21/2014Food is so delicious! Huge popovers and pate served on every table. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTAckersDined on 11/21/2014Great spot in midtown for lunch. Well located and food is great! Service also very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, pleasant ambiance, poor serviceSearching4ExcellenceVIPDined on 11/19/2014Having dined at this restaurant at least a half dozen times, it is accurate to say that BLT has excellent food, pleasant ambiance, however, service has fallen to sub-par levels, for a restaurant of this purported caliber.
- Great experienceFLACoupleDined on 11/15/2014Great food, wonderful staff, and an overall fantastic experience for our 25th Anniversary celebration dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!gr8gabooDined on 11/15/2014Both food and service were outstanding. My only suggestion might be to change up the music. The classic rock/funk/pop was a little off-putting to the older couple next to us, and I had to agree. Fine dining needs something different. Oh! And the best Manhattan I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lsmithDined on 11/13/2014Food was amazing...go for the steak! The red wine sauce wasn't needed but was absolutely delicious. The bread is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business lunchnyetVIPDined on 11/12/2014in/out fairly efficiently in tune with midtown business lunch traffic needs. brussels sprouts are always a fun little treat. we pointed out our wobbly table to the waitstaff, who had apparently noticed it before we said anything, but it didn't get addressed at any point during our meal. a bit annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniverseywallyDined on 11/10/2014I have nothing at all to complain about everything was perfect. Service was spot on so was the food. All requests were handled very promptly. There nothing else to say about this resturant other than exquisite .Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyMrMallorcaDined on 11/9/2014As a couple we were seated in a row with tables for 2, which were so close to each other, that we and other people next to us had to move the table to get in and out. Food was good but not excellent. Fries were worse than in any fast food restaurant, completely oily and burned. But there took them at least of the bill. And finally, the area where we were sittin was freezing cold. We complaint more than once but nothing changed, so the food got cold very quickly. Overall I can't recommend the restaurant because it isn't worth the money. You spend a lot but you don't get the value for that money.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014We love BLT Steak. The food and the staff could not have been better!Special Features:
- Best timePrittleDined on 11/8/2014We have been to BLT Steak several times. I love it. This time was extra special. We were celebrating our 9 year anniversary. Luis was our server along with several other staff members being very attentive. Luis made our night perfect. The lobster was so tender. The steak was perfectly cooked. And we had a surprise dessert from the restaurant because it was our anniversary. I will be back there sooner then later. Best night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaksArnieDined on 11/6/2014The minute we walked in we were greeted by the Maitre d He took us to a great table. The sommelier recommended a great wine. The key issue is that he found a great wine to drink that was well within our wine budget. The steaks were excellent and was prepared exactly as we asked. The popovers a specialty was brought to the table hot and were delicious. I will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty . . . .Luv2eatVIPDined on 11/5/2014Plenty of good food starting with outstanding appetizers, well prepared steaks and seafood plus those famous popovers! Varied wine list as well!!Special Features:
- Perfect night outDashNdine24Dined on 11/2/2014Ate at BLT the night after running the NYC Marathon. Had the NY strip and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Also had creamed spinach, truffle mashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts for sides and they were all delicious. The popovers were better than any I've ever had. Great wine list and good selection of scotch. Service was prompt and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tall on Steaks--Short on DrinksBoybuilderVIPDined on 10/28/2014While the steaks were very good...one could not say the same as to the size of the liquor poured over ice...in order to get a pop...multiple drinks have to be consumed...I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC MUSTAllenCDined on 10/25/2014Great food and excellent service. My wife and I had been to BLT in Vegas and we could not wait to have their food again. We went to this one in NYC and the food and service did not miss a beat!! Very impressed. The bill was pricey but worth each and every dollar!Special Features:
- Packed for a reasonReshDined on 10/21/2014The steaks were really the star here, it was without a doubt a classic NY steakhouse with amazing sides that really made the meal special (have to have the onion ring tower)Special Features:
- Very NYCNeilDDined on 10/19/2014Huge and tasty steaks. Loud. Slick service. Typical high end NYC dining. Only negative is seriously overpriced wine list.Special Features:
- filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014We wanted to come back because of the filet Mignon quality .. and it was not the same at all.
- perfect dinnerizulusDinedDined on 10/14/2014The service was very observant and made good wine and food suggestions. Actually in favore of us and not the BLT. The food was of excellent quality.Special Features:
- beyond my expectationsFaiarVIPDined on 10/14/2014we were greeting by the manager who was friendly and warm;gregory we were taken exactly at our reservation time 8 pm the branzino and hen of the wood mushrooms were superb i loved the tomato soup - natural and healthy the ny strip was terrific the pear dessert with vanilla ice cream was scrumptiousSpecial Features:
- business dinnerfindsinNYCDined on 10/14/2014Great meal and service. Pretty $$$ especially the wine listSpecial Features:
- was good but overpriced.MLonabaughDined on 10/13/2014The place is nice and not as cramped as some people say. We had a great time but parking cost over $60 and the food was very pricy. (I guess thats to be expected in that area) I personally will stick to places with free parking and a more reasonable price range. They did not really knock my socks off and for the cost I feel we should have left raving that it was the best meal ever. That was not the case. Bottom line the wait staff was excellent, the steak was great, the lambchops where just ok and nothing special. The rest was just average. The only thing that really made me "Wow, this is delicious" was the watermelon basil cocktail and the bloody Mary. They were both exceptional... We had a good time but I would probably not return.Special Features:
- Very good oneEldadDined on 10/12/2014My favorite place. Everything was great - High level of food and outstanding service! The only remark I can point of, is the great bread they serve to the table. It been always so tasty and special, but last time it wasn't the same as it use to be. Still great bread, but less then a 2 years before. Please, bring it back to what it use to be. Would love to come there, again and again. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers ParadisecgibbyDined on 10/11/2014We had been to BLT Prime before twice which was outstanding so we wanted to try BLT Steak. The food and service was likewise outstanding! BLT Steak has a bit of a more higher-end feel to it then BLT Prime. BLT Steak also does not have the dry-aging room visible to the public the way that BLT Prime does, which is neat to see. The tables are a bit close together at BLT Steak, but that seems to be the latest trend in restaurants, especially in NY, as restaurants try to achieve maximum capacity and revenue. The service at BLT Steak was impeccable. They even brought us complimentary glasses of champagne since we were celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- My favorite!favoritesteakhouseDined on 10/7/2014The pop-overs are to die for!! Love the filet and the truffle mashed! All the desserts are amazing. The tuna tartar is also amazing. One of my all-time favorite restaurants! Cool vibes and great service. LOVE BLT Steak!!Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was out of the first three of the four dishes on the menu that we wanted to order. Then, the sommelier suggested a wine which was too young to drink. He took it back, but not without expressing some frustration with our dissatisfaction. For an expense account steak house, less attitude and a complete menu is expected.Special Features:
- great food, bad serveranonDined on 10/7/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The grilled miso tuna was perfectly prepared with great flavor, texture, and temperature. The shrimp cocktail could have been deveined more thoroughly, but it had great flavor as well. Gigantic popovers very hot and fresh from the over instead of bread is a creative offering! Our waitress was unfortunately extremely cold, unenthusiastic, and left much to be desired in the way of service. She was not friendly, inviting, or concerned with our enjoyment of the meal or restaurant. A very unfortunate part of the experience, but luckily I care much more about the food than the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GoodFoodAndOpenTableFanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Having been here twice for lunch, we can attest to the high quality of the food and the service. Although we were 15 minutes early for our reservation, the hostess kindly seated us. Our salad and burgers (not to mention the fries) were so delicious. We'll be back again for sure!Special Features:
- GreatTwellsDined on 10/4/2014Great food with great service, steaks were fab. Really busy with a great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!HisabonDined on 9/24/2014Nothing Chang !Good food !Reasonable price.Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a spcial dinner.Hate2gooutDined on 9/19/2014Perfect for a special personal dinner or a relaxed business dinner. Good, ambience and service level are all five star quality. BLT had quickly come my favorite city dinner destination for all occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BltOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Prompt and courteous service Filet mignon perfectly cooked Pop overs a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchDinkDined on 9/17/2014I have been here a few times. My only complaint is the noise level at Lunch. We were there for a business lunch & you could not hear very well .I Have also been here for dinner & it didn't seem so bad. Overall the food & service is great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regegade76Dined on 9/16/2014Pop overs and service are excellent which differentiates them form the other upscale streak placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BltClybDined on 9/13/2014Overpriced. Got a steak for 50$ that just wasn't that good. Not as good as the standard Ruth's Chris or Morton's even..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant. Always consistently good. Waits even with a reservation are a little excessive. But worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some items were lacking...RobertGDined on 9/11/2014We had two dozen oysters as apetizers. About six were like butter. We complained but the chef supposedly insisted that this is how oysters should taste....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.