106 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-new-york/
- Phone: 2127527470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am–2:30pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:30pm–11:00pm, Friday – Saturday 5:30pm–11:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm–10:00pm
The bar is open Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm-11:30pm and Sundays from 5:00pm-10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Braden Reardon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak
Located in the heart of midtown, BLT Steak is our interpretation of the classic steakhouse, coupled with signature style and all-around finesse. Enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede booths, BLT Steak combines a bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare. Certified Black Angus or USDA Prime steak are dressed with a selection of sauces, ranging from Bearnaise to Horseradish, and are paired with decadent sides such as Parmesan flavored Gnocchi and oversized Onion Rings. Add BLT Steak’s sumptuous selection of fresh seafood, signature salads and blackboard specials and it sets the standard for today’s modern steakhouse.Continued
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (36)notable wine list (36)romantic (29)hot spot (28)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- BltOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Prompt and courteous service Filet mignon perfectly cooked Pop overs a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchDinkDined on 9/17/2014I have been here a few times. My only complaint is the noise level at Lunch. We were there for a business lunch & you could not hear very well .I Have also been here for dinner & it didn't seem so bad. Overall the food & service is great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Pop overs and service are excellent which differentiates them form the other upscale streak placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BltClybDined on 9/13/2014Overpriced. Got a steak for 50$ that just wasn't that good. Not as good as the standard Ruth's Chris or Morton's even..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant. Always consistently good. Waits even with a reservation are a little excessive. But worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some items were lacking...RobertGDined on 9/11/2014We had two dozen oysters as apetizers. About six were like butter. We complained but the chef supposedly insisted that this is how oysters should taste....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and CrowdedNosteakinthisDined on 9/10/2014If you like nothing special steak, outrageous noise, and feeling like you're eating on a packed subway car at rush hour, this is your place. I have colleagues who like this place very much, and the food -- in fairness -- is very good. But it's not distinguishable to me from all the other steak places. The noise level and crowdedness however are really too much, however. Staff works very hard, and often seem to have to dance majestically to avoid crashing into other staff because of the crowdedness of the place.
- Blt steakLikegoodfoodDined on 9/7/2014Good food. Nice ambience. Not kid friendly at all. Our service was lousy and bordering on rude but if you don't get that waiter you'd be okI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worry it !Cedar9393Dined on 9/6/2014Noise level was very high. Tables close together. Service not great & same with food. It was an over $200 dinner & not worth the price. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Steak RestaurantConfuciussaysDined on 9/5/2014From the opening warm brioche (instead of a bread basket), to the wonderful house-made carrot cake (not your mother's carrot cake), BLT was a wonderful experience. I called in advance with a special seating request and they honored it. AND - they serve an entire head of roast garlic with their porterhouse (I hadn't seen that before). I smeared a little garlic on each forkful of steak. Delicious. That garlic should be on memo to every steakhouse in NY. I rate them at the very top of NY steakhouses.
- The Devil is in the DetailsGeoff2125Dined on 9/4/2014It's not often a fine dining restaurant fails to miss my expectations, I'm usually pretty easy going but BLT Steak really got under my skin. We were there for a birthday, I had a reservation, and we got seated 30 minutes late. Strike one, this is the reason I don't go to Sparks for special occasions. Strike two, despite speaking to the hostess ahead of time about the birthday, the message didn't get passed along the front line, i h. Strike three, despite being a group of 4, the staff couldn't seem to get the details right. Drink mixups, serving the wrong meals to the wrong folks, asking to remove the bread only for a new basket to reappear. The devil is in the details, it's basic stuff. Disappointing for a very expensive meal.
- BLT1234JBDined on 9/4/2014Food was very good, service was excellent, noise level high...was difficult to hear what the other couple was saying. Wines very good...bit expensive...but you are in New York. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWinterymixVIPDined on 8/31/2014We love BLT. We go to celebrate special occasions and it never disappoints. I always get the chopped salad to start and vary my main meal between the hanger steak and the lamb. It always delicious . The service is always amazing . The are very attentive and make sure you always have everything you need. My husband always gets the bone in ribeye and it never disappoints. I highly reccommend BLTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad experienceAlbertDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is very over rated. It is not worth it, value for money. The place is noisy and uninspiring. The decor is cafeteria like. While the steak was mot bad, there are many other places in New York City that are much better and less expensive.
- Dinner DateVrendysDined on 8/30/2014Great service, all staff really attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningGoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Came here on a spur of the moment decision and we are glad we did. Food was excellent, couldn't fault it and the service was like none we've ever had before, they really pay attention to details even the smallest ones like filling your water up. From the moment we walked in we felt very welcome, the atmosphere was good not too noisey. Would definately recommend this to anyone coming in a group with friends or for a romantic dinner for 2 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIROCHANDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for the enjoyable time in the BLT Steak. Hopefully I would like to visit again.Special Features:
- Always BLTABinNYCDined on 8/25/2014Whenever we're in New York my wife and I always have dinner at BLT and we're never disappointed. The food is superb and the service excellent. It always seems like a busy place but we never feel rushed. Being from Alberta we recognize quality beef and thats what they serve at BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, but the steaktacogirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I came here Saturday night for dinner. We both ordered The waiter then brought over bread with dip, and these amazing popovers which were awesome! We got the chopped vegetable salad as an appetizer which was very good; we both loved it! For our entrees, I got the NY strip (bone out), and my boyfriend got the NY strip (bone in); and we got mashed potatoes to split. The food arrived and it looked amazing (key word being looked). The steak was mediocre at best. It had no flavor. In fact, as a person who NEVER uses steak sauce, I had to drown my steak in sauce for any flavor at all. My boyfriend felt the same way- the steak was very disappointing. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but it still did not make up for the steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Our favourite steak restaurant when visiting New York. The cheesy popovers are sensational!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGTJRDined on 8/22/2014I had a great experience at BLT Steak. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The Rib eye with red wine sauce was perfect, the best I have ever had. The bread and butter they served before the main menu were also great! I really recommend. I will return to BLT Steak on my next time in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBrunette326VIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to BLT Steak for years. The service is superb and the food unbelievable. They have other options other than steak like fish and chicken. I've had both and all were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCranevorDined on 8/20/2014Consistently great steaks and side dishes. Rib eye is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I expected moreRalphVIPDined on 8/16/2014BLT Steak was good, just not great. I expected more. The service was very good and they took us right away. However, the steaks did not stand out, nor did the sides. The steaks and sides were good, nothing I haven't had elsewhere, better. The drinks were good, as was the lobster cobb salad my wife and I shared. That was the best thing we ate. We also enjoyed the popovers. Overall it was a nice dining experience but with so many steak places I probably would not go back to BLT.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Much too expensive; the wine list had nothing under $75. Food is very good, but felt someone had a good laugh when they decided on the prices
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant was quite busy and somewhat loud. Overall very good dinner.
- Great food and good time!DeltaDined on 8/12/2014Great steak and seafood experience! My wife and daughter shared the seafood platter and my son and I had the Porterhouse for two. An abundance of food in the portions with sophisticated flavors. A little loud and crowded but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellencePinkieDined on 8/12/2014My favorite of the NYC offerings by ESquared. Seasonal blackboard items are fun and creative. Considerable wine selection, sommelier available. Whiskey selection is also notable. Fare is consistent, always excellent. A bit pricey, but pre-fixe available, and the popovers alone are worth the price.Special Features:
- Nice Fine Dining RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Went there for my wife's birthday, the food was great. Biggest filet mignon I have ever had. Menu was nice and concise, ambience is great. Had reservations for 845, was seating at 840. Waiter was a little slow tending to our table i.e. refilling drinks, removing plates. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- FoodforthoughtDined on 8/9/2014Overal, the food was good and atmosphere was ok. We had the lobster salad for our appetizer. The lobster was delicious, but the salad was not fresh. We both had steak. The steak was cooked perfect temperature. The portion size of the steak was large (too much). The side dish we chose was asparagus and it was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had the chocolate tart and pistachio ice cream. By far, dessert was the best course. We ordered coffee with dessert, but did not receive until almost finished with dessert. Wait staff was professional, but not friendly. Service was slow. Atmosphere was nice, but on the loud side.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundConversationalistDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food, service just as good. If you want to have a serious conversation with your table mates, best you go very late or very early to hear what's being said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Top TopdysonDined on 8/1/2014We stay the first time by BLT Steakhouse and it was very very good. The wine and the steaks are awsome. We will come back as soon as we can. Thanks at the hole team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steak.ikereuzDined on 8/1/2014the food was good, specialy the steak. Te shrimps had no taste. seem like they where frozen por a long period of time.Special Features:
- Always spectacularRyanVIPDined on 7/31/2014From the food to the service, everything is outstanding. Easily best steak house in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectSnakeEyesDined on 7/26/2014Made reservation late but when we arrived table was ready - seemed as though servers were a bit out of step with kitchen as the courses really came out on top of one another. Roasted beet appetizer needed more gorganzola - Filet perfectly cooked : rib-eye was a bit tough / frites excellent - creamed spinach wonderful - asparagus very tasty - wines overpriced but it is nyc - no room for dessert but their after dinner palate cleaner was fantastic. Overall a great dinner almost perfect. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as OutbackOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014They got everything wrong.I ordered vodka, very little ice and a splash of cranberry. It tasted like a cherry Popsicle it was so loaded with everything but vodka. Waiter wasn't happy with my asking for a new drink.We ordered steak well done, 40 minutes later it arrived med rare. The baked potatoe wasn't cooked through and was freezing cold. Horrible attitude on the part of the waiter, rushed us to order then was nowhere to be found when we needed him. Best part of the meal was the popovers and when we were leaving. Take your money elsewhere
- Treated like goldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Went there with my son for his birthday and the service was top notch. The food was excellent, would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Perfect Steak, Great Servicegoodcook7Dined on 7/25/2014Professional greeting by hosts upon arrival. Immediate seating honoring our reservation. Immediate service with menus and drink orders. Given time to review the menu. Appetizers and dinner started flowing in a reasonable amount of time. Meat was cooked as requested - medium, medium rare and one well. Ribeye, NY strip, and short ribs were great choices. Two of our party enjoyed the Branzino fish. Sides were very good, asparagus, fries, au gratin potatoes, mushrooms, but creamed spinach needed less salt. Service was attentive through the meal but -my pet peeve - I would like the server to take my payment and return with change or the credit card receipt, don't ask if I will be needing change, I know to leave a tip.Special Features:
- Great food, great big prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, great big prices! Although super expensive, I cannot wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodslincDined on 7/19/2014Everything we had was outstanding. The only criticism is that the back of the restaurant under the blackboard is so packed with tables it made what was otherwise an awesome dinner uncomfortable at times. The staff literally had to pull out the tables to let people into their seats. This could probably be solved simply by removing one two seater table. There is nothing like an adult having to ask for help to get up and go to the bathroom. Keep in mind I am not a large man (5'10" 195 lbs). That being said, the bone in NY Strip (rare) was possibly the best steak I have ever had in my life. Everything was cooked perfectly from the lobster cobb salad and pork belly app (on the specials menu) to the Steaks which both my wife and I had.Special Features: