106 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-new-york/
- Phone: 2127527470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am–2:30pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:30pm–11:00pm, Friday – Saturday 5:30pm–11:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm–10:00pm
The bar is open Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm-11:30pm and Sundays from 5:00pm-10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Braden Reardon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak
Located in the heart of midtown, BLT Steak is our interpretation of the classic steakhouse, coupled with signature style and all-around finesse. Enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede booths, BLT Steak combines a bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare. Certified Black Angus or USDA Prime steak are dressed with a selection of sauces, ranging from Bearnaise to Horseradish, and are paired with decadent sides such as Parmesan flavored Gnocchi and oversized Onion Rings. Add BLT Steak’s sumptuous selection of fresh seafood, signature salads and blackboard specials and it sets the standard for today’s modern steakhouse.Continued
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (41)notable wine list (33)hot spot (32)romantic (28)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very NYCNeilDDined on 10/19/2014Huge and tasty steaks. Loud. Slick service. Typical high end NYC dining. Only negative is seriously overpriced wine list.Special Features:
- filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014We wanted to come back because of the filet Mignon quality .. and it was not the same at all.
- perfect dinnerizulusDinedDined on 10/14/2014The service was very observant and made good wine and food suggestions. Actually in favore of us and not the BLT. The food was of excellent quality.Special Features:
- beyond my expectationsFaiarVIPDined on 10/14/2014we were greeting by the manager who was friendly and warm;gregory we were taken exactly at our reservation time 8 pm the branzino and hen of the wood mushrooms were superb i loved the tomato soup - natural and healthy the ny strip was terrific the pear dessert with vanilla ice cream was scrumptiousSpecial Features:
- business dinnerfindsinNYCDined on 10/14/2014Great meal and service. Pretty $$$ especially the wine listSpecial Features:
- was good but overpriced.MLonabaughDined on 10/13/2014The place is nice and not as cramped as some people say. We had a great time but parking cost over $60 and the food was very pricy. (I guess thats to be expected in that area) I personally will stick to places with free parking and a more reasonable price range. They did not really knock my socks off and for the cost I feel we should have left raving that it was the best meal ever. That was not the case. Bottom line the wait staff was excellent, the steak was great, the lambchops where just ok and nothing special. The rest was just average. The only thing that really made me "Wow, this is delicious" was the watermelon basil cocktail and the bloody Mary. They were both exceptional... We had a good time but I would probably not return.Special Features:
- Very good oneEldadDined on 10/12/2014My favorite place. Everything was great - High level of food and outstanding service! The only remark I can point of, is the great bread they serve to the table. It been always so tasty and special, but last time it wasn't the same as it use to be. Still great bread, but less then a 2 years before. Please, bring it back to what it use to be. Would love to come there, again and again. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers ParadisecgibbyDined on 10/11/2014We had been to BLT Prime before twice which was outstanding so we wanted to try BLT Steak. The food and service was likewise outstanding! BLT Steak has a bit of a more higher-end feel to it then BLT Prime. BLT Steak also does not have the dry-aging room visible to the public the way that BLT Prime does, which is neat to see. The tables are a bit close together at BLT Steak, but that seems to be the latest trend in restaurants, especially in NY, as restaurants try to achieve maximum capacity and revenue. The service at BLT Steak was impeccable. They even brought us complimentary glasses of champagne since we were celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- My favorite!favoritesteakhouseDined on 10/7/2014The pop-overs are to die for!! Love the filet and the truffle mashed! All the desserts are amazing. The tuna tartar is also amazing. One of my all-time favorite restaurants! Cool vibes and great service. LOVE BLT Steak!!Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was out of the first three of the four dishes on the menu that we wanted to order. Then, the sommelier suggested a wine which was too young to drink. He took it back, but not without expressing some frustration with our dissatisfaction. For an expense account steak house, less attitude and a complete menu is expected.Special Features:
- great food, bad serveranonDined on 10/7/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The grilled miso tuna was perfectly prepared with great flavor, texture, and temperature. The shrimp cocktail could have been deveined more thoroughly, but it had great flavor as well. Gigantic popovers very hot and fresh from the over instead of bread is a creative offering! Our waitress was unfortunately extremely cold, unenthusiastic, and left much to be desired in the way of service. She was not friendly, inviting, or concerned with our enjoyment of the meal or restaurant. A very unfortunate part of the experience, but luckily I care much more about the food than the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GoodFoodAndOpenTableFanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Having been here twice for lunch, we can attest to the high quality of the food and the service. Although we were 15 minutes early for our reservation, the hostess kindly seated us. Our salad and burgers (not to mention the fries) were so delicious. We'll be back again for sure!Special Features:
- GreatTwellsDined on 10/4/2014Great food with great service, steaks were fab. Really busy with a great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!HisabonDined on 9/24/2014Nothing Chang !Good food !Reasonable price.Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a spcial dinner.Hate2gooutDined on 9/19/2014Perfect for a special personal dinner or a relaxed business dinner. Good, ambience and service level are all five star quality. BLT had quickly come my favorite city dinner destination for all occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BltOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Prompt and courteous service Filet mignon perfectly cooked Pop overs a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchDinkDined on 9/17/2014I have been here a few times. My only complaint is the noise level at Lunch. We were there for a business lunch & you could not hear very well .I Have also been here for dinner & it didn't seem so bad. Overall the food & service is great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regegade76Dined on 9/16/2014Pop overs and service are excellent which differentiates them form the other upscale streak placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BltClybDined on 9/13/2014Overpriced. Got a steak for 50$ that just wasn't that good. Not as good as the standard Ruth's Chris or Morton's even..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant. Always consistently good. Waits even with a reservation are a little excessive. But worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some items were lacking...RobertGDined on 9/11/2014We had two dozen oysters as apetizers. About six were like butter. We complained but the chef supposedly insisted that this is how oysters should taste....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and CrowdedNosteakinthisDined on 9/10/2014If you like nothing special steak, outrageous noise, and feeling like you're eating on a packed subway car at rush hour, this is your place. I have colleagues who like this place very much, and the food -- in fairness -- is very good. But it's not distinguishable to me from all the other steak places. The noise level and crowdedness however are really too much, however. Staff works very hard, and often seem to have to dance majestically to avoid crashing into other staff because of the crowdedness of the place.
- Blt steakLikegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good food. Nice ambience. Not kid friendly at all. Our service was lousy and bordering on rude but if you don't get that waiter you'd be okI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worry it !Cedar9393Dined on 9/6/2014Noise level was very high. Tables close together. Service not great & same with food. It was an over $200 dinner & not worth the price. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Steak RestaurantConfuciussaysDined on 9/5/2014From the opening warm brioche (instead of a bread basket), to the wonderful house-made carrot cake (not your mother's carrot cake), BLT was a wonderful experience. I called in advance with a special seating request and they honored it. AND - they serve an entire head of roast garlic with their porterhouse (I hadn't seen that before). I smeared a little garlic on each forkful of steak. Delicious. That garlic should be on memo to every steakhouse in NY. I rate them at the very top of NY steakhouses.
- The Devil is in the DetailsGeoff2125Dined on 9/4/2014It's not often a fine dining restaurant fails to miss my expectations, I'm usually pretty easy going but BLT Steak really got under my skin. We were there for a birthday, I had a reservation, and we got seated 30 minutes late. Strike one, this is the reason I don't go to Sparks for special occasions. Strike two, despite speaking to the hostess ahead of time about the birthday, the message didn't get passed along the front line, i h. Strike three, despite being a group of 4, the staff couldn't seem to get the details right. Drink mixups, serving the wrong meals to the wrong folks, asking to remove the bread only for a new basket to reappear. The devil is in the details, it's basic stuff. Disappointing for a very expensive meal.
- BLT1234JBDined on 9/4/2014Food was very good, service was excellent, noise level high...was difficult to hear what the other couple was saying. Wines very good...bit expensive...but you are in New York. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWinterymixVIPDined on 8/31/2014We love BLT. We go to celebrate special occasions and it never disappoints. I always get the chopped salad to start and vary my main meal between the hanger steak and the lamb. It always delicious . The service is always amazing . The are very attentive and make sure you always have everything you need. My husband always gets the bone in ribeye and it never disappoints. I highly reccommend BLTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad experienceAlbertDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is very over rated. It is not worth it, value for money. The place is noisy and uninspiring. The decor is cafeteria like. While the steak was mot bad, there are many other places in New York City that are much better and less expensive.
- Dinner DateVrendysDined on 8/30/2014Great service, all staff really attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningGoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Came here on a spur of the moment decision and we are glad we did. Food was excellent, couldn't fault it and the service was like none we've ever had before, they really pay attention to details even the smallest ones like filling your water up. From the moment we walked in we felt very welcome, the atmosphere was good not too noisey. Would definately recommend this to anyone coming in a group with friends or for a romantic dinner for 2 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIROCHANDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for the enjoyable time in the BLT Steak. Hopefully I would like to visit again.Special Features:
- Always BLTABinNYCDined on 8/25/2014Whenever we're in New York my wife and I always have dinner at BLT and we're never disappointed. The food is superb and the service excellent. It always seems like a busy place but we never feel rushed. Being from Alberta we recognize quality beef and thats what they serve at BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, but the steaktacogirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I came here Saturday night for dinner. We both ordered The waiter then brought over bread with dip, and these amazing popovers which were awesome! We got the chopped vegetable salad as an appetizer which was very good; we both loved it! For our entrees, I got the NY strip (bone out), and my boyfriend got the NY strip (bone in); and we got mashed potatoes to split. The food arrived and it looked amazing (key word being looked). The steak was mediocre at best. It had no flavor. In fact, as a person who NEVER uses steak sauce, I had to drown my steak in sauce for any flavor at all. My boyfriend felt the same way- the steak was very disappointing. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but it still did not make up for the steak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Our favourite steak restaurant when visiting New York. The cheesy popovers are sensational!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGTJRDined on 8/22/2014I had a great experience at BLT Steak. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The Rib eye with red wine sauce was perfect, the best I have ever had. The bread and butter they served before the main menu were also great! I really recommend. I will return to BLT Steak on my next time in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBrunette326VIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to BLT Steak for years. The service is superb and the food unbelievable. They have other options other than steak like fish and chicken. I've had both and all were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCranevorVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistently great steaks and side dishes. Rib eye is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I expected moreRalphVIPDined on 8/16/2014BLT Steak was good, just not great. I expected more. The service was very good and they took us right away. However, the steaks did not stand out, nor did the sides. The steaks and sides were good, nothing I haven't had elsewhere, better. The drinks were good, as was the lobster cobb salad my wife and I shared. That was the best thing we ate. We also enjoyed the popovers. Overall it was a nice dining experience but with so many steak places I probably would not go back to BLT.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Much too expensive; the wine list had nothing under $75. Food is very good, but felt someone had a good laugh when they decided on the prices