106 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-new-york/
- Phone: 2127527470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am–2:30pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:30pm–11:00pm, Friday – Saturday 5:30pm–11:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm–10:00pm
The bar is open Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm-11:30pm and Sundays from 5:00pm-10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Braden Reardon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak
Located in the heart of midtown, BLT Steak is our interpretation of the classic steakhouse, coupled with signature style and all-around finesse. Enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede booths, BLT Steak combines a bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare. Certified Black Angus or USDA Prime steak are dressed with a selection of sauces, ranging from Bearnaise to Horseradish, and are paired with decadent sides such as Parmesan flavored Gnocchi and oversized Onion Rings. Add BLT Steak’s sumptuous selection of fresh seafood, signature salads and blackboard specials and it sets the standard for today’s modern steakhouse.Continued
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
A 23-foot zinc bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (34)good for groups (34)notable wine list (31)romantic (25)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Everything was great, but the steaktacogirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I came here Saturday night for dinner. We both ordered The waiter then brought over bread with dip, and these amazing popovers which were awesome! We got the chopped vegetable salad as an appetizer which was very good; we both loved it! For our entrees, I got the NY strip (bone out), and my boyfriend got the NY strip (bone in); and we got mashed potatoes to split. The food arrived and it looked amazing (key word being looked). The steak was mediocre at best. It had no flavor. In fact, as a person who NEVER uses steak sauce, I had to drown my steak in sauce for any flavor at all. My boyfriend felt the same way- the steak was very disappointing. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but it still did not make up for the steak.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had a great experience at BLT Steak. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The Rib eye with red wine sauce was perfect, the best I have ever had. The bread and butter they served before the main menu were also great! I really recommend. I will return to BLT Steak on my next time in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBrunette326VIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to BLT Steak for years. The service is superb and the food unbelievable. They have other options other than steak like fish and chicken. I've had both and all were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCranevorDined on 8/20/2014Consistently great steaks and side dishes. Rib eye is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I expected moreRalphVIPDined on 8/16/2014BLT Steak was good, just not great. I expected more. The service was very good and they took us right away. However, the steaks did not stand out, nor did the sides. The steaks and sides were good, nothing I haven't had elsewhere, better. The drinks were good, as was the lobster cobb salad my wife and I shared. That was the best thing we ate. We also enjoyed the popovers. Overall it was a nice dining experience but with so many steak places I probably would not go back to BLT.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Much too expensive; the wine list had nothing under $75. Food is very good, but felt someone had a good laugh when they decided on the prices
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant was quite busy and somewhat loud. Overall very good dinner.
- Great food and good time!DeltaDined on 8/12/2014Great steak and seafood experience! My wife and daughter shared the seafood platter and my son and I had the Porterhouse for two. An abundance of food in the portions with sophisticated flavors. A little loud and crowded but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellencePinkieDined on 8/12/2014My favorite of the NYC offerings by ESquared. Seasonal blackboard items are fun and creative. Considerable wine selection, sommelier available. Whiskey selection is also notable. Fare is consistent, always excellent. A bit pricey, but pre-fixe available, and the popovers alone are worth the price.Special Features:
- Nice Fine Dining RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Went there for my wife's birthday, the food was great. Biggest filet mignon I have ever had. Menu was nice and concise, ambience is great. Had reservations for 845, was seating at 840. Waiter was a little slow tending to our table i.e. refilling drinks, removing plates. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- FoodforthoughtDined on 8/9/2014Overal, the food was good and atmosphere was ok. We had the lobster salad for our appetizer. The lobster was delicious, but the salad was not fresh. We both had steak. The steak was cooked perfect temperature. The portion size of the steak was large (too much). The side dish we chose was asparagus and it was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had the chocolate tart and pistachio ice cream. By far, dessert was the best course. We ordered coffee with dessert, but did not receive until almost finished with dessert. Wait staff was professional, but not friendly. Service was slow. Atmosphere was nice, but on the loud side.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundConversationalistDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food, service just as good. If you want to have a serious conversation with your table mates, best you go very late or very early to hear what's being said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Top TopdysonDined on 8/1/2014We stay the first time by BLT Steakhouse and it was very very good. The wine and the steaks are awsome. We will come back as soon as we can. Thanks at the hole team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steak.ikereuzDined on 8/1/2014the food was good, specialy the steak. Te shrimps had no taste. seem like they where frozen por a long period of time.Special Features:
- Always spectacularRyanVIPDined on 7/31/2014From the food to the service, everything is outstanding. Easily best steak house in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectSnakeEyesDined on 7/26/2014Made reservation late but when we arrived table was ready - seemed as though servers were a bit out of step with kitchen as the courses really came out on top of one another. Roasted beet appetizer needed more gorganzola - Filet perfectly cooked : rib-eye was a bit tough / frites excellent - creamed spinach wonderful - asparagus very tasty - wines overpriced but it is nyc - no room for dessert but their after dinner palate cleaner was fantastic. Overall a great dinner almost perfect. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as OutbackOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014They got everything wrong.I ordered vodka, very little ice and a splash of cranberry. It tasted like a cherry Popsicle it was so loaded with everything but vodka. Waiter wasn't happy with my asking for a new drink.We ordered steak well done, 40 minutes later it arrived med rare. The baked potatoe wasn't cooked through and was freezing cold. Horrible attitude on the part of the waiter, rushed us to order then was nowhere to be found when we needed him. Best part of the meal was the popovers and when we were leaving. Take your money elsewhere
- Perfect Steak, Great Servicegoodcook7Dined on 7/25/2014Professional greeting by hosts upon arrival. Immediate seating honoring our reservation. Immediate service with menus and drink orders. Given time to review the menu. Appetizers and dinner started flowing in a reasonable amount of time. Meat was cooked as requested - medium, medium rare and one well. Ribeye, NY strip, and short ribs were great choices. Two of our party enjoyed the Branzino fish. Sides were very good, asparagus, fries, au gratin potatoes, mushrooms, but creamed spinach needed less salt. Service was attentive through the meal but -my pet peeve - I would like the server to take my payment and return with change or the credit card receipt, don't ask if I will be needing change, I know to leave a tip.Special Features:
- Great food, great big prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, great big prices! Although super expensive, I cannot wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodslincDined on 7/19/2014Everything we had was outstanding. The only criticism is that the back of the restaurant under the blackboard is so packed with tables it made what was otherwise an awesome dinner uncomfortable at times. The staff literally had to pull out the tables to let people into their seats. This could probably be solved simply by removing one two seater table. There is nothing like an adult having to ask for help to get up and go to the bathroom. Keep in mind I am not a large man (5'10" 195 lbs). That being said, the bone in NY Strip (rare) was possibly the best steak I have ever had in my life. Everything was cooked perfectly from the lobster cobb salad and pork belly app (on the specials menu) to the Steaks which both my wife and I had.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnertraveldinersVIPDined on 7/18/2014BLT Steak was great! The filet I had was perfect, although I wish they offered a smaller size than just the 12 oz., which is too large for me. My husband had the dover sole and was full as well. Portions are very generous, so come with an appetite! I did add to my OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary. We were surprised with some small sweets on a dish with Happy Anniversary written on it. A nice touch to a splendid dinner.Special Features:
- santosDined on 7/18/2014The Popover bread is amazing. The meat was excellent !!Special Features:
- Popovers and Lobster Cobb SaladStringsriderVIPDined on 7/18/2014A great go-to place for a business lunch. Always well taken care of.Special Features:
- Claire92Dined on 7/12/2014WE went in family and we enjoyed. For the beginning, the special popovers warm are really delicious. And the main course is very good. We spent a very good momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So niceMimiDined on 7/8/2014Lunch time noise difficult, but as people left, much better. We were even offered a table larger than we needed because the noise might not have been so bad. We declined, not wanting to take away seating that would be better for others. Lunch fare was ok. Service fantastic! and the buns ...wow! We didn't choose the higher priced steaks for which I would guess the restaurant is noted. I had the lobster cobb salad. It was just good, because the lobster was very chewy. Another party had the steak lunch special. He said the fries were the best part. The hamburger I was told was great. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great steakMillwebVIPDined on 7/3/2014The filet was awesome. Dover sole was also very good. Made a mistake on bringing the wrong appetizer. Service was spotty. Overall very good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRon123456Dined on 7/1/2014Amazing food. Great/friendly service. All around great night. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shemp111Dined on 6/27/2014Fantastic....bread was amazing....wife had tuna,said it was the bomb....my strip was done perfectly...overall a great meal....try the potatoe gratin
- Terrific lunch!carp8421Dined on 6/26/2014Couldn't make it for dinner, but had the most delicious lunch. Service is top-notch!Special Features:
- NYC best steakGREGBVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great restaurant , service was fantastic. Go early, as it can get busy. ReservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!JellybeanVIPDined on 6/18/2014Everything was dynamic food, service A wonderful mealSpecial Features:
- two grandparents and a grandson !calebsadventuresDined on 6/18/2014treated our 12 yo grandson to "Matilda" and capped the day with dinner @ BLT. not sure which experience he liked more ? thank you for an excellent meal, terrific service, and outstanding dining experience !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique finds at BLTLaraHallsVIPDined on 6/17/2014Hen of the Woods mushroom? Unbelievably delicious! I've never seen that on a menu and it is so yummy. Our hangar steak was outstanding. My girlfriend and I shared it and it was plenty. Great wine list with a few you rarely see on a menu. And did I mention the warm donuts for desert? Yum.Special Features:
- Food outstanding!Js11Dined on 6/14/2014The food, service and ambiance was awesome. I have been to many steakhouses and this is one of the best. The potato skins were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's happened?BusjghDined on 6/14/2014Things have changed at BLT steak! Loud drum and bass music dominate the restaurant now which results in everyone needing to shout...this was the case last Saturday. Food was good, but two steaks were cooked incorrectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, consistentWendrewleeNYCVIPDined on 6/14/2014BLT is always consistently excellent in both food and service. One our favorite steak houses in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Never fails to impress!!!!Julesofdining07020Dined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating our son's 10th Bday and it was outstanding! We had the Filet, BY Strip and Lobster tails and they were simply spectacular! My first time ordering Lobster there and I was beyond impressed! Highly recommend trying it! And of course the Popovers were to die for as usual! When you eat food like this it does not matter the price you pay, it is most defintely worth it, once in a while! Looking forward to coming back!! And thanks to our server who did an excellent job!Special Features:
- Good location - excellent beefMartaDined on 6/14/2014Not what I expected. When we walked in, it looked small and crowded, but we eventually got used to the noise. The service was excellent, the food great. Only thing is trying to fight your way through the crowds of serving staff moving about with food trays while you get to the restrooms. It was a crowd on Saturday night, but luckily we went early enough and finished earlier than the crowd waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewAnnCDined on 6/12/2014The popovers are great, arrived warm and given a recipe card to take home. The appetizer we tried were the shrimp cocktail and I would give it and the desserts, peach cobbler and lime cheesecake 5 star rating. However I do not think the Waguyu ribeye steak was what they claimed. I ordered it medium well and it arrived chargrilled outside and bloody when I cut into. This wAs very disappointing. My husbands less costly steak had much more flavor and tenderness. The staff was professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NYCGuillaumeDined on 6/8/2014If you're looking for a great steakhouse in NYC, you got it ! First of all, if you're there a bit in advance, do not overlook their home made cocktails, which are the best way to wait for your table. Then, you seat, you order and the shows begins. It begins with their popovers which are absolutely terrifc ! The only issue is that you want to eat the whole thing, knowing that you will miss some precious room for the dish. I personnaly had the Porterhouse, which was awesome, perfectly cooked. I recommend mashed potato truffle as side order and the waiter made a nice suggestion by adding some vegies as well. Wine list is very good and my only regret is to not having tested the deserts. Next time I will, for sure !Special Features: