BLT Steak White Plains
221 Main Street
Ritz Carlton Westchester
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-white-plains/
- Phone: 9144675500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private event space mimics the aesthetics of the main dining room and is available for a sit-down dinner up to 40 guests. For cocktails and hors d'oeuvres the room can accommodate up to 65 guests. The room comes equipped with a plasma screen, digital cable television, a DVD player, and autonomous sound system.
- Private Party Contact: Marcia Wells 9144675712x
A word from BLT Steak White Plains
At BLT Steak White Plains, located in the always elegant Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel, Westchester residents can savor our signature warm popovers along with specially selected steaks, fresh seafood and satisfying sides such as grilled asparagus and hash browns. Steakhouse dining in Westchester never sounded so good.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
BLT Steak White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
BLT Steak White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (17)hot spot (17)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- DisappointingDknyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have no problem dishing out too much money for a special occasion...but I'd better taste the difference. In a place with steak in the name, the main course was incredibly disappoinitng. Underflavored, undercooked, cold and overly-fatty meat (believe me, I know my steak cuts well so I know what I'm talking about) is not what I paid $225 (for a couple with just 3 glasses of wine and no dessert) for. Sad that it was my wife's birthday as well. Plenty of other alternatives in the area to feel that this place is a must try. Surprising as the NYC outpost had none of these problems. On the plus side, Side dishes, Apps, renowned popovers and amuse bouche were all fine - earning 3 stars overall.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitNickDined on 9/12/2014We went with a lot of excitement based on our previous visit but left disappointed. The service was a little off. Everything took a bit too long, like getting water, offering a desert menu, etc. my wife's extra dirty martini didn't have much olive juice and we heard another table complain of the same thing. picky things but when you're spending a lot of money at an expensive restaurant you expect you're service would be better. Also, we were going to order the porterhouse for two but the waiter suggested the steak for two that was the special that. Was $20 more. He made it sound good so we took his recommendation. Unfortunately, it was not as good as advertised. For the money, this trip was definitely not worth it. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in White PlainsRestauranteurDined on 9/6/2014BLT is hands down the best restaurant in White Plains. The food is outstanding, great service, big dining space, and a fun atmosphere. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsvabeytuaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went there to celebrate my birthday, so we were willing to pay a little (a lot) more for extra quality steaks, and the results were so so. While my bone-in NY Strip was prepared as asked (medium rare) and was really good, my wife's filet mignon that should have been medium, was closer to well done than anything else. Sides were good, specially the hen mushrooms, and the dessert too. So, acknowledging that we should have complained about the meat, the fact that a high-end steakhouse can mess a steak (which should be their expertise) is disappointing. All in all, we may come back, but not before trying other steakhouses in the areaSpecial Features:
- Always terrific!NYer03VIPDined on 8/22/2014BLT is one of the best restaurants in Westchester. Always predictable, always outstanding food, decor, ambiance and overall it's just a wonderful place to eat fine food. We've been there many times over the past few years and it never disappoints us. So glad they are in White Plains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningGTCandRCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Each and every meal at BLT is a different and amazing experience.Special Features:
- Never disappointingJoBroVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, you can count on a great meal at BLT. The popovers are the BEST!!! Top notch service. Save room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Why we always come back to BLT Steak is for the consistency. There are fancier places, sure, but every single time we go to BLT Steak, we are always treated like royalty and the food and wine are always excellent. They seem to be 2-3 servers assigned to one table with one head waiter coordinating and this level and attention to service truly sets BLT Steak apart.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestSteveGreenwichCTVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service is embarrassing, food decent. There are much better places to eat meat in this area. This is my third time there in the past few months and it has always been the same. They should consider hiring a better element of server and train them before. I will never go back.
- MAREMOTODined on 8/10/2014Great staff and very good food, we celebrated a special occasion and the management made it really special.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceATeamVIPDined on 8/2/2014the level of service we received by our waiter is a true example of 'going above and beyond'. The food was absolutely amazing, tasty and the perfect serving. We would definitely go again!Special Features:
- 2good2btrue2good2btrueDined on 7/23/2014We have been going to BLT 1x a yr on our way from the south to CT for 3 yrs. It has been consistent and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hokegerDined on 7/16/2014Very good steaks. Excellent service for the most part.Special Features:
- Solid Great RestaurantcatcatDined on 7/12/2014We love going to BLT. Great food with a fun upscale (yet nice casual) atmosphere. Not inexpensive though so get ready with your wallet!Special Features:
- Comparison of steak housesLuv2sing21Dined on 7/11/2014Compared to the Palm or Ruth's Chris the steak was not as good. The ambiance and service was terrific. The manager knew it was our first time and went out of his way to make it a good experience. The steak was not hot and the coffee was tepid. The menu is more varied than our favorite steak houses. I don't know if we'll return.Special Features:
- PiranhaDined on 6/25/2014Service a little slower then the last time we were there. But great food and polite staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUnderwhelmedDined on 6/18/2014Unfortunately, the experience from the time we sat down to the time we left was disappointing. The seafood platter special appetizer contained clams, crab, and lobster that was not fresh at all. It was obvious by the smell alone. The shrimp was good, but that was it. Our steaks all came out over cooked and very tough to chew. Our bill, after tip, came to over $850. I was with customers, and because of how bad the food was that night, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- unevenCRM9Dined on 6/15/2014Although the food was excellent, the noise level was high, and the promptness of service was spotty (sometimes good, sometimes slow. The neighboring table was comped their drinks because they had to complain tomget their waiter to appear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okTandDDined on 6/14/2014Kept waiting for our table for 25 minutes after reservation time (I think hostess forgot about us). Steaks were not very good. My 12oz filet (ordered med well) was charred, hard to cut into and tough to chew with little flavor. My husbands NY strip was just ok. Dessert was terrible. Chocolate tort tasted awful. It came with a tiny bit of ice cream (prob 1/8 cup size). Our bill was $250, would have been disappointing even if we spent less than $100. We have dined at Morton's many times and the food and value is far superior.
- BLT WPBoobooDined on 6/14/2014Excellent service, great ambiance, and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Have been here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends.bimmer323Dined on 6/14/2014I have been to a few BLT Steak restaurants from Waikiki to White Plains and have never been disappointed. The food was perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff was knowledgeable, pleasant and efficient. I have been to this location previously and had the same enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great serviceHighexpectationsVIPDined on 6/13/2014While, not cheap, the BLT franchise has always provided exemplary service. This is in part secondary to a well trained staff and also many ancillary personnel that run food, etc. However, last Friday night the service fell short of their usual high marks. This was due to the server. Very amateurish, poor knowledge of the menu, just lacked panache. There was no offer for dessert and of coffee. Only one check on how everything was. Disappointing. The bill for 2 was 370.00$$ (good bottle of vino). Too bad as it was an anniversary dinner. BLT, please don't lower your high standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain great!SteakLoverDined on 6/12/2014Consistently great food, consistently great service, just great! And yes, the best double cut ribeye steak for two, ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location. Too noisyAnaSilviaDined on 6/11/2014Had a great first experience. Early evening, around 7.45pm on a Wednesday, me and my boyfriend arrived to the restaurant and we welcomed by a lady who took us to our table. We sat down and we could.not believe the noise. It was so loud, I couldn't hear the waiter. And the music was playing even louder. It was madness. The food was great, however I was disappointed with the shrimp cocktail. The cocktail sauce tasted like simple ketchup and something else. Maybe it's because I'm used to the European version. But then I tried the steak sauce with the porterhouse - great dish by the way - and it tasted like ketchup too...but other than that, everything was great. Plesant evening. But the noise is really a disadvantage...no romance allowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Want to Impress A ClientEcondoctorDined on 6/10/2014My client was in from California. He has hosted me at many restaurants around the country, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Dallas and Seattle to name a few. Also a Texan, we always choose a steakhouse. While the atmosphere at BLT does not impress, the food and service were outstanding. As transplanted Texans, we chose jalapeno mashed potatoes and cream spinach. Not particularly healthy, but, with large succulent hunks of good ol' red meat on the plates, anything else would have seemed a bit silly. The service was terrific, a nice additional treat. We didn't have dessert, though it looked great. The popovers prior to the salads were amazing. All in all, it was a great experience for us both. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Attention to detailJasonDined on 6/7/2014I went there for our 16th wedding anniversary and we brought our nine year old daughter who is a little foodie. Besides the great cuts of steak and their famous pop overs was the service. Not once did the wait staff asked if our daughter was going to order something, but automatically made every plate change to equal three. Mind you, not exactly a place to bring kids if they can't sit still for a long meal, there were a lot of kids with their parents. Service is better than some other steakhouses I have been to in the city. Dessert was great, need to order their mini doughnuts!Special Features:
- Bday dinnerBlinkie1Dined on 6/6/2014Dinner was lovely and delicious and the wait staff was more than accommodating. The extra step of reading my note on OpenTable regarding the occasion and presenting the dessert with the birthday candle was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popover HeavenFoodieDined on 6/5/2014While the noise level is frenetic, the steaks are top notch. The popovers are on steroids and not to be missed!Special Features:
- Doesn't live up to the hypeBltcustomerDined on 5/31/2014Service was good. Appetizers and sides were also very good. However, nearly a third of steak was inedible. Dover sole was extremely salty. Would have given higher marks if not for main entrees.Special Features:
- ExcellentretiredpalmbeachDined on 5/25/2014Great service and excellent food! This restaurant will put a hole in your wallet though...know what to expect...It's the Ritz Carlton.Special Features:
- The following 707 reviews are from the BLT Steak White Plains reviews archive.
- Everything was OUTSTANDINGFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a perfect night celebrating my birthday at BLT Steak. Everything from the service to the food and the ambiance were spot on. My Rib Eye was cooked perfectly, crusty on the outside, red edge to edge on the inside, and was fork tender. The Jalapeno Mash is incredible, addicting, and not to be missed. Some of the best service I've received in a long time. If you want a phenomenal restaurant experience and love a good steak this place is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Visitout4thenightDined on 5/11/2014This was our 4th visit to BLT in White Plains. Popovers - as always, were right out of the oven and eagerly anticipated by the under 20 crowd at the table. All cuts of meat, including lamb were prepared exactly to taste and much enjoyed. My grilled tuna was well prepared but could not make up for what seemed to be either an average cut or a potentially previously frozen fish. Salads were excellent. Creme Brulee was amazing as was an Apple Cobbler. The service was incredibly pleasant and accommodated every request efficiently and with grace. Attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not go backFuntimeVIPDined on 5/10/2014I have now been to BLT severl times over the last couple of years. The service was great-but the food is over priced and nothing special. Morton , DelFriscos and Frankie and Johnnies fodd is as good if not better and not as big a rip off.
- YUUUUMMMMEEEE!Kbg351VIPDined on 5/3/2014Never misses..oysters, steak,POPOVERS!, and the best sides ever!Special Features:
- Two sidesWestchesterdiner1VIPDined on 4/26/2014There are two sides to our meal at BLT Steak, the food side and the service side. The food was excellent, everything was tasty. No well prepared. The service was atrocious, the waiter kept disappearing, we had to go find our bottle of whine which was on a central table and pour our second lasses ourselves. The assistant manager came over and asked how our evening was. I nicely explained our frustration, he apologized, comped our desserts and we still waited 30 minutes to find the Witmer to ask for a check after the dessert nd coffee was served. Really Bad service!,,,
- RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Went there for business dinner - Food very good and well presented. Service - better than outstanding.Special Features:
- So-SoFlyfast2044Dined on 4/22/2014We went for a romantic birthday get together. They did give us a nice quiet table as requested. The waiter was way to soft spoken could hardly hear him and was not very knowledgeable of the menu choices or suggestive of what steak differences were. Expected more from such a pricey restaurant. Would probably not go back for dinner. Mortons Steakhouse has them beat. One additional note, for $16 per glass of wine you would think they would fill the small glass more than half way. Hello!Special Features:
- The space is large and openNickVIPDined on 4/12/2014The space is large and open and loud. The tables are close together, especially the banquettes where they seat parties of 2, so it doesn't lend itself to a date-night feeling. The steak was great, one arrived medium, as ordered, one rare instead of the medium rare requested. The sides are unusually small, more line individual servings than is typical for a steakhouse side dish. Exception being the onion rings which came as a tall stack. Too greasy though. The desserts were fantastic, we had the doughnuts and the sundae, both were exceptional. Oh! Almost forgot the popovers. They were in an of itself a reason to return! Although they do give you the recipe to take home...Special Features:
- try those popoversPianogirl7VIPDined on 4/12/2014When you put in the order with the waiter ,you are brought the most delicious popover ever made. We all four ate them as our first course, following by outstanding entrées all across the boards. Spicy tuna was a real stand outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.