BLT Steak White Plains
221 Main Street
Ritz Carlton Westchester
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-white-plains/
- Phone: (914) 467-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak White Plains
At BLT Steak White Plains, located in the always elegant Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel, Westchester residents can savor our signature warm popovers along with specially selected steaks, fresh seafood and satisfying sides such as grilled asparagus and hash browns. Steakhouse dining in Westchester never sounded so good.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (17)hot spot (17)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Outstanding steaks and moreBcliffMomDined on 11/20/2014We were a group of 6 people including my 12-year-old (foodie) sons. The steaks were delicious and humongous and in all of our cases, perfectly cooked. But I was pretty much full before my steak arrived. The duck pate that they bring out with small toasts is so good I could make a meal of only that! Then come the popovers. Large, beautifully burnished, and supremely puffy, they alone are a reason to go to BLT Steak. We shared some appetizers, and while the salad was good as expected, I felt the crab cakes were only so-so. (Disclaimer, I grew up in Delaware and I am a crab cake purist. If there are any flavors competing with the crab I don't like them.) After the steaks (we took a lot of steak home for leftovers) we had to urge the boys to order dessert. It was their Birthday and we wanted them to have a candle to blow out and so forth. Boy am I glad they did get dessert! We got 3 desserts to share and they were all outstanding, Somehow, there wasn't anything left of the desserts even though we were all quite full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/14/2014Always hits the spot. Never disappoints. Love the steaks and fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAK HOUSESirJamesDined on 11/8/2014Love, Love, Love BLT Steak -- our favorite steak house in Westchester (and NYC for that matter). Great service, excellent food and the GM will really take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTMandyobVIPDined on 11/7/2014We were here a couple of times before but I wouldn't rush back again. Everything was ok, food was only ok, service was only ok but the waiters were friendly. We had a nice table but it is very loud. Crab cake not good, 12oz filet only ok, mash potato excellent!! Coffee great, desserts not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love itOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have gone there repeatedly since it opened. The drinks and food are great. The staff are always attentive and professional. If a mistake is ever made it is quickly resolved and a manager is immediately on the scene. We can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar mealMgeezyDined on 10/25/2014The food is consistently flawless. The flavors are rich and vibrant. This is one of my favorite meals!Special Features:
- Just one problemnonameDined on 10/24/2014We had a great dinner with one exception. As I was eating my salad, I crunched down on a large piece of glass. I managed not to cut my mouth and there was no harm done. However, it changed to mood for the rest of the night. Both our wait staff and the assistant manager apologized and did say they noticed where the bowl was chipped. Management did remove my meal from the bill and apologized again before we left. I would certainly go back to this restaurant but I would check the glass bowls before eating!Special Features:
- Business before PleasureoutandaboutDined on 10/23/2014I like the atmosphere. I would say it's more of a restaurant for business dinners. Highly over priced. The food was good but not good enough. The wait staff was very attentive and the service was great. Wine list did not offer too many moderately priced wines. Love the popovers!Special Features:
- great service and foodfnmdDined on 10/21/2014A fantastic venue for an excellent meal with exceptional service, not at all "stuffy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The service is excellent only thing you should change is that the music should be more calm and less loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valet parkingjudeVIPDined on 10/4/2014restaurant was very nice, food was good. but a shock upon leaving that we had to pay $10.00 for the valet parking. Since we were at the ritz carlton hotel restaurant this seems a bit much. Because of that we will not be back nor recommend my friends.
- Best in neighborhoodxoxoxDined on 10/3/2014We had a great dinner. We wanted to take our time and our service people allowed us to do so. No rushing whatsoever. Took our time with our first drink, then our second. Then with the wine list. Everything was delicious. But (I do have to say): my medium rare steak was much more medium than medium rare. I was not in the mood to send it back though I'm sure if I had it would not have been an issue given the level of service. At one point my friend was accidentally splashed with some water. It was not a big deal but again, the servers would have done anything to make it right. We will return.Special Features:
- Dined at BLT many times...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014Been to a numer of BLT's.... NY, Miami....this was my 3rd trip to BLT in White Plains... service and food still good... would love to see the desserts ramped up a bit....Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedHilsullVIPDined on 9/26/2014From the moment we sat down the kitchen and staff treated us wonderfully. We ordered our drinks and they had some great choices of wines by the glass. We were then presented with a charcuterie plate and a mini gouda cheese open face sandwich compliments of the chef. We then shared a delicious baby green salad. We were then served delicious complimentary popovers. For the main course we split the aged NY strip, the mac & cheese and asparagus. All were delicious. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeEDWARDS52VIPDined on 9/26/2014We all enjoyed our meals and evening. I think it's better for Steak, I wasn't thrilled with my fish, but it was still good. The place really treated you like you were special and the staff was right their when you needed something. Definitely a place I would go again. Just not a 5 star with all dishes.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The service and ambiance were great! The food was barely above average for the price.Special Features:
- DisappointingDknyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have no problem dishing out too much money for a special occasion...but I'd better taste the difference. In a place with steak in the name, the main course was incredibly disappoinitng. Underflavored, undercooked, cold and overly-fatty meat (believe me, I know my steak cuts well so I know what I'm talking about) is not what I paid $225 (for a couple with just 3 glasses of wine and no dessert) for. Sad that it was my wife's birthday as well. Plenty of other alternatives in the area to feel that this place is a must try. Surprising as the NYC outpost had none of these problems. On the plus side, Side dishes, Apps, renowned popovers and amuse bouche were all fine - earning 3 stars overall.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitNickDined on 9/12/2014We went with a lot of excitement based on our previous visit but left disappointed. The service was a little off. Everything took a bit too long, like getting water, offering a desert menu, etc. my wife's extra dirty martini didn't have much olive juice and we heard another table complain of the same thing. picky things but when you're spending a lot of money at an expensive restaurant you expect you're service would be better. Also, we were going to order the porterhouse for two but the waiter suggested the steak for two that was the special that. Was $20 more. He made it sound good so we took his recommendation. Unfortunately, it was not as good as advertised. For the money, this trip was definitely not worth it. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in White PlainsRestauranteurDined on 9/6/2014BLT is hands down the best restaurant in White Plains. The food is outstanding, great service, big dining space, and a fun atmosphere. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie11Dined on 9/2/2014BLT is one of my favorite spots in westchester! The food is alway amazing and the service is very good! I can never get enough of those popovers! My personal favorite is the lobster cobb salad! I would highly recommend this resturant to many of my friends and family. I will definately be returning in the near future!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsvabeytuaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went there to celebrate my birthday, so we were willing to pay a little (a lot) more for extra quality steaks, and the results were so so. While my bone-in NY Strip was prepared as asked (medium rare) and was really good, my wife's filet mignon that should have been medium, was closer to well done than anything else. Sides were good, specially the hen mushrooms, and the dessert too. So, acknowledging that we should have complained about the meat, the fact that a high-end steakhouse can mess a steak (which should be their expertise) is disappointing. All in all, we may come back, but not before trying other steakhouses in the areaSpecial Features:
- Always terrific!NYer03VIPDined on 8/22/2014BLT is one of the best restaurants in Westchester. Always predictable, always outstanding food, decor, ambiance and overall it's just a wonderful place to eat fine food. We've been there many times over the past few years and it never disappoints us. So glad they are in White Plains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningGTCandRCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Each and every meal at BLT is a different and amazing experience.Special Features:
- Never disappointingJoBroVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, you can count on a great meal at BLT. The popovers are the BEST!!! Top notch service. Save room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Why we always come back to BLT Steak is for the consistency. There are fancier places, sure, but every single time we go to BLT Steak, we are always treated like royalty and the food and wine are always excellent. They seem to be 2-3 servers assigned to one table with one head waiter coordinating and this level and attention to service truly sets BLT Steak apart.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestSteveGreenwichCTVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service is embarrassing, food decent. There are much better places to eat meat in this area. This is my third time there in the past few months and it has always been the same. They should consider hiring a better element of server and train them before. I will never go back.
- MAREMOTODined on 8/10/2014Great staff and very good food, we celebrated a special occasion and the management made it really special.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceATeamVIPDined on 8/2/2014the level of service we received by our waiter is a true example of 'going above and beyond'. The food was absolutely amazing, tasty and the perfect serving. We would definitely go again!Special Features:
- The following 727 reviews are from the BLT Steak White Plains reviews archive.
- 2good2btrue2good2btrueDined on 7/23/2014We have been going to BLT 1x a yr on our way from the south to CT for 3 yrs. It has been consistent and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hokegerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Very good steaks. Excellent service for the most part.Special Features:
- Solid Great RestaurantcatcatDined on 7/12/2014We love going to BLT. Great food with a fun upscale (yet nice casual) atmosphere. Not inexpensive though so get ready with your wallet!Special Features:
- Comparison of steak housesLuv2sing21Dined on 7/11/2014Compared to the Palm or Ruth's Chris the steak was not as good. The ambiance and service was terrific. The manager knew it was our first time and went out of his way to make it a good experience. The steak was not hot and the coffee was tepid. The menu is more varied than our favorite steak houses. I don't know if we'll return.Special Features:
- PiranhaDined on 6/25/2014Service a little slower then the last time we were there. But great food and polite staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUnderwhelmedDined on 6/18/2014Unfortunately, the experience from the time we sat down to the time we left was disappointing. The seafood platter special appetizer contained clams, crab, and lobster that was not fresh at all. It was obvious by the smell alone. The shrimp was good, but that was it. Our steaks all came out over cooked and very tough to chew. Our bill, after tip, came to over $850. I was with customers, and because of how bad the food was that night, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- unevenCRM9Dined on 6/15/2014Although the food was excellent, the noise level was high, and the promptness of service was spotty (sometimes good, sometimes slow. The neighboring table was comped their drinks because they had to complain tomget their waiter to appear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okTandDDined on 6/14/2014Kept waiting for our table for 25 minutes after reservation time (I think hostess forgot about us). Steaks were not very good. My 12oz filet (ordered med well) was charred, hard to cut into and tough to chew with little flavor. My husbands NY strip was just ok. Dessert was terrible. Chocolate tort tasted awful. It came with a tiny bit of ice cream (prob 1/8 cup size). Our bill was $250, would have been disappointing even if we spent less than $100. We have dined at Morton's many times and the food and value is far superior.
- BLT WPBoobooDined on 6/14/2014Excellent service, great ambiance, and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Have been here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends.bimmer323Dined on 6/14/2014I have been to a few BLT Steak restaurants from Waikiki to White Plains and have never been disappointed. The food was perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff was knowledgeable, pleasant and efficient. I have been to this location previously and had the same enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually great serviceHighexpectationsVIPDined on 6/13/2014While, not cheap, the BLT franchise has always provided exemplary service. This is in part secondary to a well trained staff and also many ancillary personnel that run food, etc. However, last Friday night the service fell short of their usual high marks. This was due to the server. Very amateurish, poor knowledge of the menu, just lacked panache. There was no offer for dessert and of coffee. Only one check on how everything was. Disappointing. The bill for 2 was 370.00$$ (good bottle of vino). Too bad as it was an anniversary dinner. BLT, please don't lower your high standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.